Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Stare-Out posted:

They really need to let us refine activated elements to their regular versions, even if it’s at a massive loss. I have like 3 9,999 stacks of activated indium doing nothing but could really use normal indium without having to drag my rear end to a green star system.

It’s not even worth selling with how many credits I have. :shepface:
You can refine any of the stellar metals with chromatic metal to get double back and the activated stellar metals refine into 1-4 chromatic metals each.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savage Bliss
Jul 4, 2007

Anyone else having the game crash more often lately? Happened last night during a playthrough and it crashed to the main screen. It crashed 4 more times before I finally got it to load the save file I wanted to play. Then another save file I was playing earlier today crashed. Playing on PS5.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Savage Bliss posted:

Anyone else having the game crash more often lately? Happened last night during a playthrough and it crashed to the main screen. It crashed 4 more times before I finally got it to load the save file I wanted to play. Then another save file I was playing earlier today crashed. Playing on PS5.

nope

yours truly,
fart simpson

Omnininja
Aug 3, 2006

The life of a ninja can be pretty tough at times, but remember that no matter what, you got a pal who could kill you any time he wants, but be the best drinking buddy ever

Savage Bliss posted:

I had some trouble getting my 7 year old save with hundreds of hours on it to load recently. I had the infinite loading screen bug and was worried my save was corrupted.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Here we go again

https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/1663169325287501824

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Mac support

Or something with gravity and physics

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Twibbit posted:

Mac support

Or something with gravity and physics

Mac Support would be nifty.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

More tree variety would be wonderful, but yeah seems like a not so subtle hint at Mac support

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I decided to leave the main quests alone for a bit and focus on the base computer archives and doing missions for the local agent. I found a ship where everything on it was broken and since it was unclear if it would be worth repairing I sold it for a load of credits and that's made it easier to buy the components necessary for the archive construction items. I'm hoping that while flying around I find a planet that feels like the right place to construct a real base.

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 18:45 on May 29, 2023

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

We have a Green apple now too

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I'm assuming that they'll be adding Mac support for various Apple platforms

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It's not always that straight forward. it could be apples > adam and eve > origin story of one of the alien races.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
It is obviously an anti-doctor update, as an apple a day keeps the doctor away.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Powershift posted:

It's not always that straight forward. it could be apples > adam and eve > origin story of one of the alien races.

True looking up the history of the emojis he's used, some are very straightforward.

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES
apple -> app > Android / iOS releases

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

The apple is "a" and "ple" (the middle 'p' is silent), "a pleasing" experience. We're gonna get to gently caress the aliens.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Don't we already do that by the free cargo every fleet has?

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
apples have cores and seeds which obviously means we're getting a complete overhaul of all core game systems and randomisation seeds

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

NMS on iPad would loving rule

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

NMS on iPad would loving rule

I’d definitely buy it a 4th time for that.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Maguoob posted:

It is obviously an anti-doctor update, as an apple a day keeps the doctor away.

Yes, but only if you throw them and your aim is good.

ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

MarcusSA posted:

I’d definitely buy it a 4th time for that.

Big same.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I've found out the hard way that the game allows you to sell delivery mission quest items. Going all over trying to buy a replacement.

EDIT: Stumbled across a settlement. Seems like a neat feature but for now I'm going to focus on finding a nice planet for my base.

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 16:50 on May 30, 2023

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

it's been ages since they announced the mac and ipad versions so yeah got to assume that is the biggest thing in the new update. Wonder if it will run on my ageing intel macbook or if it needs one of the new M1/M2 macs.

ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

marktheando posted:

it's been ages since they announced the mac and ipad versions so yeah got to assume that is the biggest thing in the new update. Wonder if it will run on my ageing intel macbook or if it needs one of the new M1/M2 macs.

I think M series is a safe bet if it’s both Mac and iPad.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Where’s the game, Sean???

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
iMac g3 support.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/1663231070664376323

Red and green can only mean a Red Green Show crossover, and the ability to fix anything in the game with duct tape.

If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
every apple procedural

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

In-game HyperCard

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Red Delicious... Granny Smith.. GILF update confirmed

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Powershift posted:

https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/1663231070664376323

Red and green can only mean a Red Green Show crossover, and the ability to fix anything in the game with duct tape.

If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Man, every characters grumbly nonsense voice is changed to Harold's giggle.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/1663867772563062788?s=20

announcement imminent

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
does another emoji tweet mean today, or tomorrow, I wonder

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
The rumours (basically confirmed) are that Apple's demoing their AR/VR device on Monday at WWDC, perhaps NMS isn't just coming to Macs/iPads but to VR on Mac too

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
They are implementing apples to apples to be played in co-op mode

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Twibbit posted:

They are implementing apples to apples to be played in co-op mode

Honestly, I'd be fine with this.

Months and months ago, I threw out a suggestion for some sort of collectible competitive card game, like the ones in Fallout NV or the one from KotoR. I think that'd be super neat; play against other irl people, put up nanites or literally anything as a wager, or play against the NPCs who are currently doing gently caress all in the bars on space stations.

ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

toiletbrush posted:

The rumours (basically confirmed) are that Apple's demoing their AR/VR device on Monday at WWDC, perhaps NMS isn't just coming to Macs/iPads but to VR on Mac too

:aaaaa:

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

sounds cool but im sure apple's vr thing is going to be prohibitively expensive. at least for a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

https://twitter.com/afrocosmist/status/1663886841987100673?s=20