Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Squirrel Girril

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Wait, wasn't that that British ex-SAS guy who did that survival stuff?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
i refuse to believe there is a word that americans enunciate less than australians

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Skoerul Goerul

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Y'all gettin the ol skweby geebies up in here.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Y'all are really asking how "Squirrel" and "Girl" can rhyme when Air Skwirl is part of the conversation?

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Pronouncing a word spelled with two syllables as one syllable is clearly bullshit. Now excuse me, I'm off to Worcestershire to meet Lord Cholmondeley

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Pronouncing a word spelled with two syllables as one syllable is clearly bullshit. Now excuse me, I'm off to Worcestershire to meet Lord Cholmondeley

Tell him Featherstonehaugh says hello.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

FFT posted:

Y'all are really asking how "Squirrel" and "Girl" can rhyme when Air Skwirl is part of the conversation?

The example they posted of american pronunciation said it with two syllables in a way that didn't rhyme with Girl, so I am assuming trying to understand further is a path to madness and ruin

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

https://twitter.com/joshdivision/status/1663144473449365504?t=eCb0XCnLIecrjOAsQaiATg&s=19

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

The example they posted of american pronunciation said it with two syllables in a way that didn't rhyme with Girl, so I am assuming trying to understand further is a path to madness and ruin

If you kind yell it at the end of a sentence it sounds like a beastie boys rhyme.

Otherwise, as an American agreeing they don't rhyme unless you torture the way you say squirrel.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Paging PhazonLink to the thread.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
I apologise for what I may have begun.

Please enjoy this tweet instead (thread)

https://twitter.com/jon_snow_420/status/1032686780221284354

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

iwentdoodie posted:

Otherwise, as an American agreeing they don't rhyme unless you torture the way you say squirrel.

Don’t torture the squirrels

/skwəɹl/ /gəɹl/

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

....How the gently caress do you get a rhyme out of Squirrel Girl?

squerl gerl

though I did not think it was supposed to rhyme honestly.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

People people, I think we're all in agreement on the factuals here. Lets move on to the important matter instead, namely who's fault it is ...Ronald Reagan?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

reported for squirrel race science

Friendology

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔
The solution isn't to shorten squirrel to squirl but to elongate girl into girrel

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Should have just called her Squirrel Lass so people would be like, squirrel rear end?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Lobok posted:

Should have just called her Squirrel Lass so people would be like, squirrel rear end?

Bass lass

Hobbes
Sep 12, 2000
Forum Veteran
Dinosaur Gum

Lobok posted:

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/durand0ll/status/1662906022615195648?s=20

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

I apologise for what I may have begun.

Please enjoy this tweet instead (thread)

https://twitter.com/jon_snow_420/status/1032686780221284354

https://twitter.com/jon_snow_420/status/1036148201785421824

Amazing

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
the best is this one

https://twitter.com/jon_snow_420/status/1036158778914177024?s=20

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/Steady_Squirrel/status/1663234638620377120

e: deleted already. You'll just have to trust me that it was the best tweet ever.

ultrafilter has a new favorite as of 18:28 on May 29, 2023

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Blackula Vs. Tarantula posted:

The solution isn't to shorten squirrel to squirl but to elongate girl into girrel

Scotland has entered the chat

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Why is it only hairy on the shaft?

e: wrong app

freeedr has a new favorite as of 01:58 on May 30, 2023

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

shouldve used alan ford instead of capaldi

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

https://twitter.com/burnerdontask/status/1663153473247137792?s=46&t=zAgxQB_K6TTeZsQxG5n7Nw

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

We don't really do land acknowledgements in the U.S.. Are they as rote and do-nothing as they seem?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

grittyreboot posted:

We don't really do land acknowledgements in the U.S.. Are they as rote and do-nothing as they seem?

Yes. Especially when they're copy-pasted boilerplate that doesn't even name the group they're acknowledging.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

grittyreboot posted:

Exactly as much as you'd think and maybe a bit more. They do wind up the insanely racist brigade though so they have some effect.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

grittyreboot posted:

REI did one before some mandatory union busting meeting

https://jacobin.com/2022/02/rei-union-busting-podcast-land-acknowledgment-liberals/

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Blackula Vs. Tarantula posted:

Top of the page:

Inceltown posted:

Squirrel Girril

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

grittyreboot posted:

I've seen them occasionally in the US and almost always as the most corporate boilerplate nothingness, yeah. I remember that Untitled Goose Game (of all things) had one with what seemed like stronger language than average, specifically mentioning that sovereignty was never ceded.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

The Lone Badger posted:

Yes. Especially when they're copy-pasted boilerplate that doesn't even name the group they're acknowledging.

yeah that was what really stuck out to me. even the most tepid nothing acknowledgement usually mentions one of the cultures from the surrounding area

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
The Arvada Center (local arts center in a Denver suburb) does them before every performance as part of the creative director’s pre-recorded intro and greeting, calling out specific tribes.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

is this how you pronounce squirrel

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Man, MN has been knocking it out of the park with all the laws being passed this year. One of the awesome things that didn't get much coverage is that those anti-union, political or religious meeting are illegal come August 1st. (Our governor is in the teachers union)

Other awesome worker protections:
Non-compete and no-poach agreements are non-enforceable

General Contractors are liable for subcontractor wage theft. GC will have to pay the stolen wages and deal with recovering the money from the sub.

No more pre-employment cannabis testing. Occupational exemptions below.

I really hope we'll get to hear companies freak out when the finally learn about the new laws.

(1) safety-sensitive positions; (2) peace officers; (3) firefighters; (4) positions requiring face-to-face care, training, education, supervision, counseling, consultation or medical assistance to children, vulnerable adults, or healthcare patients; (5) positions requiring a commercial driver’s license or subject to federal or state motor vehicle regulations requiring testing; (6) employment positions funded by a federal grant; and (7) positions for which state or federal law requires cannabis testing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Alright, I'm out of the loop. Who is this woman and why have people been meme-ing the hell out of her?