Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Good for you. This is a failing of society and government. It isn't your cross to bare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Saalkin posted:

Good for you. This is a failing of society and government. It isn't your cross to bare.

yep. agreed. i've had to face the fact in my adult life that i can only do so much for so many people, and that ultimately i need to do what's best for me and my family. life is too short, and simultaneously too long to live in a way that brings you unhappiness

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Saalkin posted:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
fever: seemingly gone but can't find my thermometer
horrible pain: mostly subsided, gone when i dont move

I should stay in bed and eat nothing again today but holy God i am hungry :mad:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Peggy Edson posted:

did you actually look at the shirt you posted or...?

.... I forgot that one... Shhhh

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Saalkin posted:

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

yep. agreed. i've had to face the fact in my adult life that i can only do so much for so many people, and that ultimately i need to do what's best for me and my family. life is too short, and simultaneously too long to live in a way that brings you unhappiness

thank you

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

i like that it doesn't let people make new threads, because mostly they shouldnt

this is why I use it

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Luvcow posted:

quitting my job, just told my favorite clients

can't do this anymore

I love you buddy are you ok

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Good poo poo Luvcow

"You gotta put your own oxygen mask on first" --Knockoff Michael Cera on his hulu show

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Luvcow, :hai:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Nooner posted:

Good poo poo Luvcow

"You gotta put your own oxygen mask on first" --Knockoff Michael Cera on his hulu show

dunno what show nooner is referring to here but good succinct advice in that quote. no irony

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

good succinct advice in that quote. no irony

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Let's all quit our jobs and start a new forums with modern software and a front page and it costs $25 to post there

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
10 toes down.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Smugworth posted:

Let's all quit our jobs and start a new forums with modern software and a front page and it costs $25 to post there

anyone know where we can get a grip of engineers to assign to this task?

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Luvcow posted:

they are adults with special needs, some of whom I've known for 24 years. there are no replacements for staff, we threw a job fair and no one showed up. I'm numb, guilt has kept me here for years. i just can't do it anymore.

jfc this is brutal just to read. i can't imagine living it. you're a hell of a person for carrying this as long as you did.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Luvcow posted:

can't do this anymore

Hope that helps turn things around for you. Misery is never fun. That’s why they call it misery.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
What happened to regd##s I'm gonna find out in this shocking exposeé

:regd99:
:regd00:
:regd01:
:regd02:
:regd03:
:regd04:
:regd05:
:regd06:
:regd07:
:regd08:
:regd09:
:regd10:
:regd11:
:regd12:
:regd13:
:regd14:
:regd15:
:regd16:
:regd17:
:regd18:
:regd19:
:regd20:
:regd21:
:regd22:
:regd23:

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 31 hours!
regds nuts, op

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Luvcow posted:

they are adults with special needs, some of whom I've known for 24 years. there are no replacements for staff, we threw a job fair and no one showed up. I'm numb, guilt has kept me here for years. i just can't do it anymore.

You're a great person Luvcow and society needs way more people like you

But at the end of the day you gotta do what's ultimately right for you because you can't live life miserable

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Luvcow posted:

can't do this anymore
The unfortunate thing about social services is that they will absolutely grind you into dust for having the tiniest shred of humanity/empathy/pride in your work.

It sucks that we as a society dont value what you do more, and that ultimately you have to choose your own well-being. But theres nothing wrong about stepping away.

Take care of yourself, goon.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Take care of yourself, Luvcow. I've been dancing with burnout at work for like a year or more, and am still grappling with it.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
About to take a nap. Tomorrow is my first day back at work after a month off and I'm just now realizing I'm not gonna be able to take mid afternoon naps anymore ):

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

A MONTH? How the hell dude

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Toxic Mental posted:

A MONTH? How the hell dude

Paternity leave, crazy stuff

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Yeah it's loving wild all u gotta do is nut in some chick and they let you miss a ton of work and still have to pay u #lifehakc

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

sounds like a lot of work

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Toxic Mental posted:

sounds like a lot of work

It is, ladies (or men?) will jack u for u if ur nice

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Celtics are down 11 are they gonna blow it? I think either way we can safely say that the nugs are gonna beat the poo poo outta whoever they play :toxx:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Heat always deserved to win

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Nooner posted:

Celtics are down 11 are they gonna blow it? I think either way we can safely say that the nugs are gonna beat the poo poo outta whoever they play :toxx:

Just lmao if the Celtics are the first team to lose a series after being up 3-0

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Heat were up 3-0

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Ok well whatever!!!! Just lmao either way :mad:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Nooner posted:

Yeah it's loving wild all u gotta do is nut in some chick and they let you miss a ton of work and still have to pay u #lifehakc

1 month off work for having to care for a small dumb human for ~18 years.

I will pass.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I wish I could just RIP A PHONEBOOK IN HALF right now.

That'd really hit the spot.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Literally A Person posted:

I wish I could just RIP A PHONEBOOK IN HALF right now.

That'd really hit the spot.

We should start a business that sells really really really small print phone books so you can make them much thinner so they are easy to rip in half and then you can honestly say that you can rip a phone book in half and people will be very impressed

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Nooner posted:

We should start a business that sells really really really small print phone books so you can make them much thinner so they are easy to rip in half and then you can honestly say that you can rip a phone book in half and people will be very impressed

Nooner, I don't know how to tell you this but no one has ever paid for a phonebook.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I'm sorry.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 31 hours!
yeah thats why its so easy you just say it’s better than the other ones cause you have to pay for it and the rubes will buy em up and rip in half

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Why buy our phonebooks? Every phone number is 11 DIGITS. That's two extra digits of value!!