Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
By the time you can guarantee a Bailu pull there will almost definitely be a healer with more utility in their kit available on a banner at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Excelzior posted:

you will not fool me into getting fish Qiqi

Much like Qiqi, Bailu ftw.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Excelzior posted:

you will not fool me into getting fish Qiqi

Bailu is about 10x more useful than Qiqi ever was.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Hey do we know who the 4* store picks will be when the Store resets in 2 days?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Has anyone done world 4 difficulty 3 in SU? First time I've ever gotten stonewalled haha. The wind miniboss does so much damage.

I haven't tackled Worlds 5/6 on Difficulty 3 yet but yeah, I've smashed everything up to and including World 4 Difficulty 3 with Fireblazer/Nat/Sampo/Serval with Hook as a fifth in reserve.

Always Preservation, Always Shields For Days

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Kanos posted:

By the time you can guarantee a Bailu pull there will almost definitely be a healer with more utility in their kit available on a banner at some point.

They might like Bailu keep the unique utility of her reactive heal (which is just extremely useful in general).

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

My only actual problem with Bailu (pulled her day 1) is the AI is terrible at using her ultimate when auto-battling through content

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Finally beat this after realising I need to kill Bronya first in order to stomp that stupid combo attack from going off more than once.

Not So Fast fucked around with this message at 20:29 on May 29, 2023

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I've been running 'Tasha even though Bailu was the first 5* I nabbed, but even though the debuff cleanse is really useful (for more than just SU Kafka), I miss the massive healing output and I might just try putting her back in the roster.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

The 1x auto-revive is also a nice failsafe when you didn't pay attention.
it also helps in mirrorverse since if one dies, and she revives them, it still doesn't count as a down yet, so you still get the *

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah the auto-revive is really nice despite websites saying "this is a scrub-tier ability for idiots who die"

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

oh my god I blinked and I'm broke in E4, where did my credits go...

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Has anyone done world 4 difficulty 3 in SU? First time I've ever gotten stonewalled haha. The wind miniboss does so much damage.

destruction, simple as

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I've cleared 4-3 with Destruction, Preservation and Nihility.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Hoo boy. World 6 went absolutely great until the boss, and then I was barely clinging on until phase 2 where it all went to hell in three turns. Maybe I'm gonna have to grind some relics so I don't have to depend entirely on the luck of the draw.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I do feel like you need to set it up so you can absolutely demolish Bronya as she multiplies Cocolia's damage output too drastically

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

To add on to the World 4/Difficulty 3 posting, here's 5-2 and 6-2 as Preservation. :v:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The way I've been dealing with grinding materials in this is just letting myself be guided by the daily missions. If it says to do the "ascension materials" one, I'll throw all my fuel into doing that for some character I want to ascend (or to prepare them for their next ascendion).

Most aren't that bad. It seems like less than 2 days of fuel can get you all the ascension mats you need for a character's final ascension. Much easier than Genshin, which not only requires doing one of the bosses a lot, but also grinding a bunch of overworld items.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

expected the new cycle of mirrorverse to have different battle conditions, but looks like its the same ones.
guess the game is too early in its life to actually change them since so few of the playerbase are too low to actually take a crack at them

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I've got a pretty well set up team of six 70's and two 50-70's and MoC is pretty tough still. I'm at stage 4 right now and can probably top out at 5-6 depending on how much thought I want to put into it.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I managed to 0 star the first MoC, but I had characters as low as level 42. I think I could have 2 starred it if they did not splat Tingyun in 3 consecutive hits though. I noticed it had other rewards beyond the Jade that seem to be titled after the buff cycle - Favor of Amber Phase 1 etc. Does this mean when it cycles to a new buff you also get new rewards there? The rewards are not record breaking, but it is still probably worth a few hundred stamina if you do them all.

Is there any point in saving the shop currency or might as well go hogwild S4ing whichever ones you need (saving the S5 for random)?

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Abundance path with the dewdrop blessings and the resonance that hands out heals in the action bar allowed me to beat 3-3/4-3/5-2/6-2 with Fireblazer/Natasha/Welt/Dan and the occasional March for enemies with cryo weakness.

Haven't fully autoed the boss to death since I typically have to step in for the special boss mechanics.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I usually play SU manually, it's where I go to engage with game mechanics :v: Actually thinking about it I only really auto golden/crimson calyxes, the rest I like to play manually.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I auto the SU trash fights, except sometimes the one before the boss if I don't want the autoplayer to burn my path resonance taking the last 2hp off an enemy

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I auto'd the SU boss fight with Kafka, just intervening occasionally to tap the abundance dewdrop button for the cleanse.

Worlds 3, 4 and 6 I don't bother to intervene with. edit - The biggest realisation for me was how much of a difference the right path for your team is.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 13:18 on May 30, 2023

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

I auto everything; maybe that's why I like Preservation so much. :v:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I auto as much as I possibly can, only turning it off for some spicier boss fights where the AI is being wasteful

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

The AI seems very stupid in regard to targeting and burst timing, so I don't really use it at all in SU or the weekly boss fights. Calyxes/materials are whatever though.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Gonna use a portion of my daily stamina to start gathering mats for silver fox

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I use tingyun and it annoys me when the AI targets the wrong person so I manual everything but calyx grinding

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I never auto (though I might start doing it for the Calyxes).

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

I never auto (though I might start doing it for the Calyxes).

??????

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

I also never auto any fights either anywhere.

And I also play on normal speed too.

And I never do any golden calyxes too when you can just get plenty of xp, credits, and LC xp from clearing out mobs daily, and the daily guide missions

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
I’m team always auto unless I need to step in. Usually for first time clears of stuff. Otherwise my team of Seele, tingyun, bronya, & bailu behave fairly well.

Are they wasteful with skill points and not optimal ? Absolutely, but at the moment they crush most everything regardless.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I entirely understand wanting to play the game yourself all the time. But playing at 1x speed? The speed options are a bit weird, 1x feels more like .5x while 2x is more like 1.5x, there's no actual 1x speed.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

To me, it's kinda wasteful for the game devs to pour in all the efforts in the graphics if everyone just set on 2x speed and everything just become a blur

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I only really manual su elites and boss because the AI is bad when they’re a beefy and adds that will keep respawning.
And mirror verse because there’s usually a certain order on killing things unless your overleveled by a tier

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

NeonPunk posted:

I also never auto any fights either anywhere.

And I also play on normal speed too.

And I never do any golden calyxes too when you can just get plenty of xp, credits, and LC xp from clearing out mobs daily, and the daily guide missions

nah, you're not a real person

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

NeonPunk posted:

To me, it's kinda wasteful for the game devs to pour in all the efforts in the graphics if everyone just set on 2x speed and everything just become a blur

You still appreciate the graphics and animations, both in set pieces and story content and on a subconscious level, this makes no sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Are you in EL1 or something. No way you get enough mats from trash encounters