Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (June 25, 2001)

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Krazy Kat(January 1, 1917) Spoilered for Mock Duck. No slurs this time at least

The upper panels describe the phenomenon of heat waves coming from the desert as night falls, causing an illusion of Joshua trees dancing. Mock Duck delivers an unnecessary speech more or less saying the same thing.
As Krazy heads out one evening, Ignatz spots him and runs to other characters to speculate about what he is up to, Officer Pupp suggests he is keeping a date, Ignatz becomes jealous.
Running out after Krazy, Ignatz encounters the Joshua trees appearing to dance, accentuated by Don Kiyote singing in the distance. Believing he has encountered ghosts, Ignatz runs back to the group. As he gets outside the door he overhears Mock Duck informing the rest of the group that Krazy is merely observing the illusion of the Joshua trees dancing, Officer Pupp observe that if Ignatz were there, it would frighten him. Unobserved, Ignatz heads out to Kelly's Brickyard to await morning.

Little Nemo(June 3, 1906)

Stop telling him to not wake up!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

riderchop posted:

On The Fastrack

No big deal, on my honeymoon and still talking about how my job is a loving hellscape, nothing wrong with me

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Macanudo

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

riderchop posted:

Safe Havens

This may seem like they're showing some form of concern about the merfolk, at least until you remember that DNA Wizard broke the news about merfolks' existence to the public by making a dating app for humans who want to gently caress mermaids.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Far Side did it earlier...

...but it's still chuckle-worthy.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

~Coxy posted:

Macanudo

:allears: My, my, this here Anakin guy.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Jun. 23, 1957)

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Jun. 23, 1957)

drat that's a fine horse

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
i like to think Val goes from insane smart to dumb as hell not because of magic, but because the concussions wear off.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1943

Thus concludes PIG WEEK.

Pluggers

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Yolki

Arcamax and CK are not playing nice today, so no Rhymes.

Get Fuzzy 5/28/03

Brenda Starr 1/25-27/51

Smokey Stover 12/5/54

Everyday Movies 6/16/36

"Bus ticket to New Rochelle and let me have a 'Visit to the South Seas' booklet."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 7/24-26/41

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
BTW would Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser from the 70s be considered apropo for this thread?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Few more.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

These are very good.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Thank you for making my morning a little brighter.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

oh gently caress yes thank you.

may i suggest Dethany FROM ON THE FASTTRACK

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Samovar posted:

BTW would Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser from the 70s be considered apropo for this thread?

If a mod tells you to stop, then stop, but IMO :justpost:

Personally I would love to see some of this. I'm vaguely aware of the characters but that's it.

lmao

Medenmath fucked around with this message at 18:40 on May 29, 2023

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (June 22, 1935)

Peanuts (May 31, 1976)

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (December 28, 1939)

OOW has been delayed by a rabbit hole. Someone in the Discord challenged me on the "only Black person who ever appeared in 9CL" point and I had to make them pay for their hubris. Mission accomplished, but it ate the whole morning.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

EasyEW posted:

OOW has been delayed by a rabbit hole. Someone in the Discord challenged me on the "only Black person who ever appeared in 9CL" point and I had to make them pay for their hubris. Mission accomplished, but it ate the whole morning.

:justpost:

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
I took an oath. A sacred oath, dammit. Don't make me be a heretic.

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Murdstone posted:

DOGNAPPERS

I expected Greta to have some kind of medical emergency and wind up at the vets (maybe hit by a car), but this has way more potential.

Zooming in confirms that van's license plate says "ICP", this is about to get wierd.
(And you'd think the old man would've noticed the juggalos hanging around the park)

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

thisusedyet posted:

Zooming in confirms that van's license plate says "ICP", this is about to get wierd.
(And you'd think the old man would've noticed the juggalos hanging around the park)

Wilbur’s been through some changes since the breakup.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Samovar posted:

I don't know what that is but I'm OK with it.
The Bartender is married?

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Dorks.

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Murdstone posted:

she and the antique dealer finally tied the knot at the end of his story

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Samovar posted:

I'd think so, I'm up for it

"Because you all look about 37."

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Made me genuinely laugh out loud, thank you!

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

davidspackage posted:

No big deal, on my honeymoon and still talking about how my job is a loving hellscape, nothing wrong with me

My workplace reminds me of a building made of corpses, but people who say it's toxic are really taking it too far.

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Good God, it actually took me a few seconds to register what strip this is and who these people are because it wasn't all chock full of old people.

Luann

Gil Thorp

Home Free

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

I eagerly await the Mary Worth / Better Call Saul mashup where Mike Ehrmantraut gets hired to retrieve Greta.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N723si1wAG8

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary :drac:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Murdstone posted:

Hwurmp posted:

she and the antique dealer finally tied the knot at the end of his story

Correct :hai:

Cowslips Warren posted:

may i suggest Dethany FROM ON THE FASTTRACK

Okay, just before everyone gets sick of em, last bunch:

And a blank template, in case you want to make your own (it's transparent, put a white layer underneath): https://i.imgur.com/DCY2rrM.png

DC Money
Feb 24, 2007
I'm a fancy lad.

davidspackage posted:

And a blank template, in case you want to make your own (it's transparent, put a white layer underneath): https://i.imgur.com/DCY2rrM.png

These and the other "phantom chooses comics ladies" edits all made me laugh very hard.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

davidspackage posted:

:allears:

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

davidspackage posted:

Don't you dare stop. :ohdear: These need to go right at the beginning of next year's thread too.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Julet Esqu posted:

Good God, it actually took me a few seconds to register what strip this is and who these people are because it wasn't all chock full of old people.

I'm sorry, but those are clearly seniors.

What a horrible octopus. Someone should introduce Buford to a little artistic gem called Overboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

Great "win the battle, lose the war" thing they're doing here with Copper's focus on Planck.