Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

the trailer is completely unplayable for me and not even in the usual way where it tells me that it's not available in my country. good job paramount :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ghostlight posted:

the trailer is completely unplayable for me and not even in the usual way where it tells me that it's not available in my country. good job paramount :thumbsup:

https://twitter.com/ansonmount/status/1661393907714760705

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

okay now that's a boimler.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
boim him up, spock

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

PostNouveau posted:

Everytime they cut to Chakotay (who had the same scene like 8 times in a row) I just wanted to know more about what the gently caress chaotic space was and how the crew was handling it outside of the dumb Chakotay poo poo.

Chakotay only knows one thing, and that's that he has to KILL Chaos

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Acoochiemoya, the god of the rubberpeople, had a saying

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Chakotay only knows one thing, and that's that he has to KILL Chaos

If you think about it, boxing is a lot like fist bumping.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

https://i.imgur.com/5xpQU75.mp4

sound

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Every time I watch TWoK, I notice how weirdly variable the quality of the voice recording is. When Kirk and McCoy are talking in Kirk's apartment at the start, for example, Kirk is almost always muffled and scratchy, but McCoy is clear as anything on some lines and muffled on others. Is there an edition where they all sound nice and clear? Has someone run the muffled lines through some kind of ML enhancement, maybe?

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Dabir posted:

Every time I watch TWoK, I notice how weirdly variable the quality of the voice recording is. When Kirk and McCoy are talking in Kirk's apartment at the start, for example, Kirk is almost always muffled and scratchy, but McCoy is clear as anything on some lines and muffled on others. Is there an edition where they all sound nice and clear? Has someone run the muffled lines through some kind of ML enhancement, maybe?

It was the best of lines. It was the worst of lines.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
So I started Lower Decks because this thread keeps saying that it was pretty good and funny...

Does Ensign Mariner ever stop being so loving annoying?

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Lowen SoDium posted:

So I started Lower Decks because this thread keeps saying that it was pretty good and funny...

She gets a bit toned down 2-3 episodes down the line on season 1 and forwards but no, the "ms. Know-it-all who is better than most at everything but too cool to do things properly" doesn't go away.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Lowen SoDium posted:

She tones down a bit later on and also her style gets less grating once her whole deal is laid a bit more clear and they start to explore that. Most people don't mind her after that (but there are always a few holdouts who just keep on hating her).

In general the characters on the show grew and evolved more than I was expecting for the format.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 16:30 on May 29, 2023

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there's enough i like in the rest of the show that i eventually grew to tolerate mariner. i still think she's awful, though.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I was just thinking how silly it is that Discovery Klingons look the way they do but you got Worf looking normal in Picard and I just looked it up and saw they're back to the normal look we've seen since TMP for Strange New Worlds. I wonder how you come up with an in-universe explanation for that? I don't think you bother.

I am in the middle of a trek phase and happen to have recently read that they acknowledge that Klingons sometimes change their appearance and Worf says “they do not discuss it with outsiders” so we’ll never know the “real” reason.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Internet Old One posted:

I am in the middle of a trek phase and happen to have recently read that they acknowledge that Klingons sometimes change their appearance and Worf says “they do not discuss it with outsiders” so we’ll never know the “real” reason.

That was a joke line from Trials and Tribbleations and then Enterprise actually DOES give an explanation for TOS Klingons.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's a bad explanation

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

The explanation in Enterprise is intended to punish you for asking for an in-universe explanation for this type of thing

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Yeah they really should have left it at Worf's line

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Remember "the Albino" from Blood Oath (DS9)? I just looked it up and apparently the writers weren't even sure if he was Klingon.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Was it Disco that had acid-piss necroKlingons?

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

Disco turned the Klingons into space Orcs.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

That's the power of math

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

I friggin love science!!?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Lowen SoDium posted:

She gets better over time. I started liking her more when she stops slacking and starts actually trying to do stuff, even if what she's trying to do is at odds with Captain Her Mom and/or Starfleet.

Tendi and Boims and Rutherford are the real faves, though, and they all get lots of cool moments and great arcs.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I do kind of appreciate the joke in Enterprise that O'Brien and Bashir take guesses about what could have caused the change and they turned out to both be right.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
I don't remember where I heard it first, but I really like the idea that they should have put Worf in TOS Klingon makeup for that episode and had no-one comment on it.

Boob Cop
Jan 1, 2023

Ok I am going to watch Picard. I haven't watched much of the newer trek

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
or you could find a compilation of worst tng episodes and watch that instead for a much better experience. or st fan films. or st fan comics. or st erotic fan comics. or you could scribble "STAR TRAK" on the wall and stare at it. basically anything's a step up from picard.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Remember "the Albino" from Blood Oath (DS9)? I just looked it up and apparently the writers weren't even sure if he was Klingon.

His henchmen sure weren't. They were basically dark ranger level costuming.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

John Wick of Dogs posted:

His henchmen sure weren't. They were basically dark ranger level costuming.

Ugh. They could have just colored some pitty costumes and given them the same gray faces but with color-coded shades and it would have come out better than whatever that was.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

or you could find a compilation of worst tng episodes and watch that instead for a much better experience. or st fan films. or st fan comics. or st erotic fan comics. or you could scribble "STAR TRAK" on the wall and stare at it. basically anything's a step up from picard.

I will say Picard is better than the fanfilm I saw. Holyshit it was such garbage from the top down. Writing, acting, directing, camera work, sound, lighting. Everything was poo poo.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
sure, but what about the fan film?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

IIRC Tim Russ was the director, and it had Walter Koenig in it.

A first year film student could have done a better job.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

The General posted:

IIRC Tim Russ was the director, and it had Walter Koenig in it.

A first year film student could have done a better job.

So it was an above average Voyager Discovery episode?

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

im mirror wesley crusher and im basically thanos; entire galaxies fear me

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Boob Cop posted:

Ok I am going to watch Picard. I haven't watched much of the newer trek

Whenever I see this I feel like the Klingon captain in Star Trek 3 when his crew are on the bridge of the Enterprise just before it explodes

Get ouuut
Get outta there
Get ouuuuut

Boob Cop
Jan 1, 2023

Tighclops posted:

Whenever I see this I feel like the Klingon captain in Star Trek 3 when his crew are on the bridge of the Enterprise just before it explodes

Get ouuut
Get outta there
Get ouuuuut

lmao

I love british romulans actually

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Boob Cop posted:

lmao

I love british romulans actually

Oh god, British Romulans imply Romulan JK Rowling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

I don't remember where I heard it first, but I really like the idea that they should have put Worf in TOS Klingon makeup for that episode and had no-one comment on it.

I would have laughed.