Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Scavenger droids are crystal geckos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Spoon
Oct 26, 2007

Not actually silverware.

Deformed Church posted:

Very specific query, I'm trying to open this door:

The closest roller bomb that I know of (and that the guide I googled tells me) is way around the corner in the raider base on the right hand side of the map there, but the contrant patrols through the area make it basically impossible to successfully drag the bomb through without getting stuck in a fight and losing the bomb. Kill a patrol and another one will have spawned by the time I go grab another bomb. Is there a closer one, or some trick I've not worked out for managing a bomb while navigating an assload of droids?

I'm not sure if this is one of them, but I found that some of those doors can be destroyed by charged blaster shots.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Skippy McPants posted:

2. the little guys don't tear treasure; they just have each have a unique drop. You can respawn them by resting and try again if one gets away.

lol I didn't beat a single one of these because I couldn't figure out what the game wanted to do with them. I guess that explains a good portion of my missing stuff. I wonder if one drops the other rubber lightsaber materials.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Soonmot posted:

I had confuse three fully filled when I had the three bounty bosses in the cave and was unable to confuse any of them. Is there a perk that boosts confuse even higher?

Edit: only normal difficulty but I beat dagan my first run at him, so I'm pretty happy with that.

Those aren’t bounty guys they’re raider bosses, and yeah I don’t think you can confuse any bosses (maybe Rick?) or top tier enemies (eg electric hammer guys, legendary animals)

Ytlaya posted:

lol I didn't beat a single one of these because I couldn't figure out what the game wanted to do with them. I guess that explains a good portion of my missing stuff. I wonder if one drops the other rubber lightsaber materials.

Nah they just drop priorite or scrolls (maybe also datadiscs)

Textured rubber is on the mountain climb in a chest

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
Finished the story, I'm actually super impressed with the ending. Well done. Now all I need to finish up is waiting for the next patch to fix the bounty hunter missions because I've cleaned up pretty much everything else and those are glitched in the current patch.

There are only two boss fights where I noped out and switched down to Padawan difficulty, and both of them had a green frog. (I probably would have taken a few more tries at normal difficulty on the first one if I didn't have to cut through a couple minutes of mooks each time I wanted to retry.)

The thing I struggled with the most is basically any time there was more than 1 melee enemy in range I would end up stun locked or worse because you would have two or three enemies throwing attacks, often red ones you can't block. I was somewhat annoyed that there are red attacks that precision evade doesn't work on that have indistinguishable windups from different red attacks that precision evade does work on. Also that you can have 3 or 4 enemies all sending red attacks at you at the same time. And a few red attacks that are super long AoE chains that home in on you in tight spaces, like how am I supposed to dodge this 5 second long spinning axe attack from a murderdroid while we are fighting in a closet? Also about halfway into the story I flipped on automatically win button mashes accessibility option and never looked back.

I couldn't decide on what stance I liked better, split is great for getting in someone's face because it allows you to cancel out of attacks with block, staff is good for quickly disposing of ranged enemies with reflect, crossguard is great for knocking around heavies plus the boosted blaster reflect and extra block stamina are super handy in places, blaster is pretty great for cleaning up stragglers and is just all around fun (I pretty much never used single blade). So having the PC version I hopped over to nexus mods and grabbed the mod that lets you freely switch between all stances: https://www.nexusmods.com/starwarsjedisurvivor/mods/62 "Dilemma solved!" indeed. A real game changer when you have to fight through a multi-wave battle.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Indiana_Krom posted:

The thing I struggled with the most is basically any time there was more than 1 melee enemy in range I would end up stun locked or worse because you would have two or three enemies throwing attacks, often red ones you can't block. I was somewhat annoyed that there are red attacks that precision evade doesn't work on that have indistinguishable windups from different red attacks that precision evade does work on. Also that you can have 3 or 4 enemies all sending red attacks at you at the same time. And a few red attacks that are super long AoE chains that home in on you in tight spaces, like how am I supposed to dodge this 5 second long spinning axe attack from a murderdroid while we are fighting in a closet? Also about halfway into the story I flipped on automatically win button mashes accessibility option and never looked back.

In these cases, crowd control abilities are king. Mind Trick reduces the number of targets attacking you by 1 while doubling potential targets for your enemies. And that's just one ability; there are a couple others that can not only level the field but make you stronger than in the early game. The game admittedly doesn't always lay this out.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Also dash is helpful for getting away when you’re overwhelmed.

Dual saber is great cc also, especially if you can use a slow, just do the double triangle and murder anything less than a boss tier enemy within 30 paces. Also the best at handling blaster fire.

You pretty much can do the whole game without resorting to force powers, but it requires a degree of skill and has a slimmer gently caress up margin- force powers are huge force multipliers (no pun intended).

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
Yeah, I often forget to throw in force powers just because I'm too busy trying to wail on someone with my light stick and it would make my life much easier. Like I completed almost the entire story and got into the high 90% of collectables before getting that "Han Slowmo" chevo which tells you how often I remember slow exists. Too used to super moves being something you only use when in dire need and then the dire need never *really* happens so it sits there unused for the whole game. Need to get to spamming that button a bit more along with the others.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Finished the game on NG+. Still a melancholy ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGytDsqkQY8

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I know who I want to take me home
It’s Gree-eeezeee Moneeeey

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Indiana_Krom posted:

Yeah, I often forget to throw in force powers just because I'm too busy trying to wail on someone with my light stick and it would make my life much easier. Like I completed almost the entire story and got into the high 90% of collectables before getting that "Han Slowmo" chevo which tells you how often I remember slow exists. Too used to super moves being something you only use when in dire need and then the dire need never *really* happens so it sits there unused for the whole game. Need to get to spamming that button a bit more along with the others.

There’s a lot of strong moves that are easy to never use in this, at least if you’re not maxing difficulty. Like Sekiro, attack and block are fun enough and good enough that it’s tempting to just keep it simple on a first playthrough. I bought wrenching pull asap specifically because I thought it looked really good and promptly forgot it existed till Nova Garon

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

skasion posted:

There’s a lot of strong moves that are easy to never use in this, at least if you’re not maxing difficulty. Like Sekiro, attack and block are fun enough and good enough that it’s tempting to just keep it simple on a first playthrough. I bought wrenching pull asap specifically because I thought it looked really good and promptly forgot it existed till Nova Garon

Yeah, 100%. The basic attack, parry, dodge move set is generally effective and fun enough that I just tend to forget the other abilities a lot.

Some more thoughts:
I hope they make this a trilogy, performance issues aside it was almost an across the board improvement/addition to Fallen Order which is NOT at all common in sequel games. Perhaps because they mostly kept their hands off the things that did work well in Fallen Order.

If they do make another sequel I want an extended mission to go hunt down and kill Sorc Tormo and the entire Haxion Brood for good, not because I don't like the bounty hunter fights but because I do like the bounty hunter fights and I want I really big flashy setpiece one to cap them all off.

I also laugh at the quote "an elegant weapon for a more civilized age" as Cal force pulls a chain gun trooper up to him, spins him around and forces him to mow down all his allies before impaling him in the back with a laser sword and throwing his still worm corpse aside like trash in a landfill. 10/10 will play again.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
The Light Side is totally cool with brain loving stormtroopers and killing them by slamming them into solids objects, but not wanting to die getting your wig split is embracing the Dark Side.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

skasion posted:

Yeah this is one of the main reasons I had a blast on GM. It forces you to start straight up abusing force powers, and it turns out that's quite entertaining. Slamming hammer bros or those DT droids to the ground not only lets you get in a bunch of safe, free damage, it's also immensely satisfying because gently caress those guys.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Nancy posted:

One of my favorite takes on the setting is that the Star Wars universe is a dark age of slowly and continually degrading technological sophistication where the current inhabitants mostly try and keep old junk running. It gets mucked with given how different people treat the material, but it gives a lot of context to how many junk traders there are.

Just wanted to say, this actually seems supported by how the starships are set up. There basically aren't two of the same ship except for military.

Admittedly the entire series also has a "space western" vibe to it where everyone is living and operating on the fringes of society. One of the weird things to consider is that there's basically no law enforcement within the universe (at least within the movies). The Jedi seem to be put in the role of "US Marshalls" from the space western, hunting down and capturing the bad guy, but at the same time, the setting is so fixated on warfare that the Jedi get converted into soldiers rather than anything else.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Ha, I thought I was doing pretty well scouring the place for collectables but I just found the upgrade that puts all the chests of the map and a) wow I'm unobservant as poo poo and b) I'm completely cured of my desire to even try getting half this stuff.

Kind of wish I hadn't got it to be honest, I'm either going to end up wasting my time trying to get every little bit, or not bothering and getting practically nothing.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
Completely desensitized because I gathered all 4000+ collectables in Just Cause 2 in my youth. Survivor doesn't even have that much.

Must get them all!

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
I just finished up the collectahon, and even the seeds aren't all that bad. Sucks that the bounties are bugged. Maybe I'll play NG+, avoiding bounties until

Am I the only one who thinks we'll get some DLC, what with the blank spots on the skill trees and the Star Destroyer menacing Koboh. I also would enjoy a small standalone version of holo tactics (not $60, but maybe $20), if they improve the performance or even just give a free play mode. Star Wars TABS. Can 8 chickens beat an AT-ST?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Turgle should have been a unit

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

CzarChasm posted:

I just finished up the collectahon, and even the seeds aren't all that bad. Sucks that the bounties are bugged. Maybe I'll play NG+, avoiding bounties until

Am I the only one who thinks we'll get some DLC, what with the blank spots on the skill trees and the Star Destroyer menacing Koboh. I also would enjoy a small standalone version of holo tactics (not $60, but maybe $20), if they improve the performance or even just give a free play mode. Star Wars TABS. Can 8 chickens beat an AT-ST?

Those space chickens are OP and I abused the gently caress out of them

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

bobjr posted:

Turgle should have been a unit

Turgle is an absolute unit.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

The third Jedi game:

Cal, a touch of gray in his beard is on Mustafar working with the Hidden Path to rescue a force sensitive child.

In a way a standard enemy you've killed hundreds of always manages in cutscenes, a Purge Trooper has him dead to rights at blaster point.

A shot rings out... and the purge trooper slumps to reveal the amphibian behind him. Turgle reholsters his smoking blaster with a flourish.

"How many is that I owe you," asks Cal.

"Friends don't keep score," the little frog offers, then adding with a wink "but it's a lot."

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I don't care how stupid it would have been, Turgle should have been the main villain.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Jingleheimer posted:

I don't care how stupid it would have been, Turgle should have been the main villain.

turgle vs darth jar jar when?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Jingleheimer posted:

Apprentice of Darth Jar-Jar

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Turgle <3

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Soonmot posted:

Those space chickens are OP and I abused the gently caress out of them

Hah, space chickens is exactly what I was calling them too. They were super good at one shotting almost any humanoid melee enemy at the start of a round (and even the high level ones take a ton of damage from that initial charge if it connects), but after that first charge they are pushovers. The funny bit is the super slow and weak spiny enemies are just about their hard counter if you have to deal with the opponent using them. Also worth noting that the rhino generally beats the gorilla 1v1.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Owlbear Camus posted:

The third Jedi game:

Cal, a touch of gray in his beard is on Mustafar working with the Hidden Path to rescue a force sensitive child.

In a way a standard enemy you've killed hundreds of always manages in cutscenes, a Purge Trooper has him dead to rights at blaster point.

A shot rings out... and the purge trooper slumps to reveal the amphibian behind him. Turgle reholsters his smoking blaster with a flourish.

"How many is that I owe you," asks Cal.

"Friends don't keep score," the little frog offers, then adding with a wink "but it's a lot."

The Purge Trooper removes his helmet, revealing he is Turgle.

"...no! That's impossible!" screams Cal.

Fixed

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Owlbear Camus posted:

The third Jedi game:

A shot rings out... and the purge trooper slumps to reveal he’s been shot with a speargun by Skoova Stev.

“Let me ya a tale, laddie!” Skoova says.

Alternative version

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I wonder what percentage of players buttoned through most of Skoova Steve's stories. I think I made it through two or three, but they just kept going and going.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I forced myself to not enable the dialogue skip my first playthrough

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Skippy McPants posted:

I wonder what percentage of players buttoned through most of Skoova Steve's stories. I think I made it through two or three, but they just kept going and going.

mods?!¿

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
end game boss whining
Vader is pissing me off so much. I can usually get him to half health before needing to heal, but once there he just kicks my rear end, usually because i never have time to pop a stim without being interuppted by a cut scene that erases my lock on, or getting pushed back and immediatly fireballed before standing.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Soonmot posted:

end game boss whining
Vader is pissing me off so much. I can usually get him to half health before needing to heal, but once there he just kicks my rear end, usually because i never have time to pop a stim without being interuppted by a cut scene that erases my lock on, or getting pushed back and immediatly fireballed before standing.

I also had trouble with this, and the weird thing is that I'm not entirely sure why. All his mechanics are individually not difficult (except the one where he throws stuff at you, which often requires a faster reaction than I'm capable of), but he does so much damage that only a few mistakes makes you lose.

As you mention, the lock-on being undone by cutscenes was a big problem. The worst is when he throws stuff at you immediately after one of the cutscenes - I'm not even sure if it's possible to avoid that. The time I won I just got lucky and he never tossed things at me.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Ytlaya posted:

I also had trouble with this, and the weird thing is that I'm not entirely sure why. All his mechanics are individually not difficult (except the one where he throws stuff at you, which often requires a faster reaction than I'm capable of), but he does so much damage that only a few mistakes makes you lose.

As you mention, the lock-on being undone by cutscenes was a big problem. The worst is when he throws stuff at you immediately after one of the cutscenes - I'm not even sure if it's possible to avoid that. The time I won I just got lucky and he never tossed things at me.

i got in the habit of spamming push as the fight starts up after a cut scene, it seems to prevent the immediate pull in and, if I'm quick enough, let me toss off a heal. I called it a night after about half an hour. Hopefully sleep will work its magic

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Skippy McPants posted:

Yeah, I love Skoova's whole schtick, but the stories just went on forever and ever.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

every word of skoova stev's stories is a gift you ingrates

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
I listened to the entirety of skoova's story and it was good, I may even listen to it again in another play through.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Skoova’s story was cool as hell and I want more of it and more of his adventures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

fartknocker posted:

Skoova’s story was cool as hell and I want more of it and more of his adventures.

Inquisition destroys the fish tank, he turns to the dark side