Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

quote:

I have some bad news for all of you... AEW actually did this.

One of the stupidest things I've ever seen, and now they've lost a significant part of my respect for them.

-Bad News Stephens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Ringside News once again showing that they know nothing about, well, anything really.

Lots of games have an alcohol warning on them if it has any alcoholic drinking even if only in cutscenes. It's more of a silly thing by the ratings board because even games like Virtua Fighter have one on it and when I see that game I don't immediately think that playing as Shun will turn me into an alcoholic.

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

An opinion that includes the result of last night’s main event.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
WWE fan seeing a 26 year old getting a push:

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

MJeff posted:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

quote:

I think they should change their name. Blackpool Combat Club sounds like a young boys tree house gang name. The word "club" doesn't sound tough or intimidating to me. They named it "Blackpool" because William Regal was there but now he's gone. Change the name. Maybe Combat Sports United or something sporty sounding. And perhaps add an MMA fighter along with a hard nosed manager. And then have them win all the gold in the company.

Future Me Hates Me
Sep 27, 2018
How about Blackpool Combat... Henderson

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

MJeff posted:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I do genuinely wish that the BCC had called themselves the Snakepit instead. When I realized Regal didn't train there I knew it didn't make sense but now with him gone and them heels it really would have been perfect.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

He's right.

The Blackpool Combat Club....needs Dan Lambert.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Filthy Tom is BCC adjacent

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
Josh Barnett is all elite imo

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Jake Hager deflects from the JAS to join the newly rechristened COMBAT PRO UNLIMITED, now managed by Arn Anderson. This is just as Mox and Danielson intended.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Someone added me to another list so I decided to check what lists I was on and saw I had been added to "Marks and Sub Marks" from a former Chris Regal Thread All Star.

https://twitter.com/5StarGuru1/status/1548528783187185664

https://twitter.com/SmarkAngry/status/1593957365669167104

Trying to wrap my head around this one

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Does he think Sting's injury in the match cause them to change the finish on the fly? Also, isn't that an argument for why Sting should have beat Triple H? I'm so confused

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
What's a Sub Mark and is Marky Mark a Regular Mark or a Sub Mark

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Drakkel posted:

What's a Sub Mark and is Marky Mark a Regular Mark or a Sub Mark

He's a regular mark and the funky bunch are sub-marks

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Here is a Marky Mark

https://twitter.com/V1_OSW/status/1663233958551732274

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Why did it happen though? I assume I just missed this being set up.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
An explosion to the face....a comedy spot????

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I know I bust a gut every time someone's shoe explodes in my face

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

The OSW dudes have some of the weirdest opinions on modern wrestling. Watching all the new gen poo poo may have given themselves brain poisoning.

:stonk: was the general reaction of the folks watching with me when it happened.

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

that osw guy in particular says a lot of really stupid stuff even outside of wrestling opinions. i remember in one of their old episodes he went on this weird dead serious tangent about how wives should stick by their husbands no matter what the husband does in reference to macho man and liz

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

mooseinfants posted:

Filthy Tom is BCC adjacent

I'm not sure he's BCC material

https://i.imgur.com/OUyN5WE.mp4

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Crapple! posted:

I didn't see the set up either, but the camerawork was a bit lacking in that match imo. Like the way they cut away from the chip spot to just show Yuta walking, only to cut back to the result of it, then show the chip spot on replay.
I also think there was something with bottles/broken glass that either I missed or the camera did, but somehow Mox had shards in his back at one point.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Coolness Averted posted:

I didn't see the set up either, but the camerawork was a bit lacking in that match imo. Like the way they cut away from the chip spot to just show Yuta walking, only to cut back to the result of it, then show the chip spot on replay.
I also think there was something with bottles/broken glass that either I missed or the camera did, but somehow Mox had shards in his back at one point.

The commentators mentioned that there was also broken glass on the razor wire poker chip (what a phrase that is), so I guess he got the glass on him in the same spot.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Coolness Averted posted:

I didn't see the set up either, but the camerawork was a bit lacking in that match imo.

It was the same last year and the editing missing spots is part of what makes the match as crazy as it is. If everything's choreographed out so everyone gets their major moments in while everyone else is lying down then it's just another spotfest. The wild chaos of everyone doing everything all at once is what makes it special.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Crapple! posted:

Matt Jackson got taken out backstage by Claudio with a piledriver in the back of a truck. He returned about 10 minutes later and did the superkick spot. I'm prety sure at no point was he on camera inbetween the time of him getting piledriven and walking back down the ramp to return to the ring.

I see it as him thinking "We're in a blood feud, this is a bloody match, these guys are being more violent than we expected, I need something about this" and then coming up with the firework and it being a shocking and cool spot. Not seeing it get set up or hinted at didn't take anything away from it.

Also, V1 calling something stupid then going into damage control mode nine minutes later after other people disagree with him is pretty standard for him.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Hoss Corncave posted:

Matt Jackson got taken out backstage by Claudio with a piledriver in the back of a truck. He returned about 10 minutes later and did the superkick spot. I'm prety sure at no point was he on camera inbetween the time of him getting piledriven and walking back down the ramp to return to the ring.

I see it as him thinking "We're in a blood feud, this is a bloody match, these guys are being more violent than we expected, I need something about this" and then coming up with the firework and it being a shocking and cool spot. Not seeing it get set up or hinted at didn't take anything away from it.

Also, V1 calling something stupid then going into damage control mode nine minutes later after other people disagree with him is pretty standard for him.

https://twitter.com/V1_OSW/status/1663468625343160325

Steve is having a real normal one.

There's a reason why their modern day wrestling reviews are pretty unwatchable.

Hoss Corncave posted:

Right? You don't see Matt for 10 minutes and out he limps and then kicks Mox in the face with an exploding shoe. It loving rules and not having any hint that it could happen makes it even better.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 10:06 on May 30, 2023

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
OSW are good at repeating the consensus opinion 30 years after the fact. Any later than that and they're going to spout some of the most hair brained poo poo you've ever heard.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Shoot loser lol. I love the insistence of wrestling fans to squeeze wrestling lingo into everything they say

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

His flurry of replies are a good example of what happens when you try to force positivity.

Anyway, letting off a firework in someone's face is pretty terrifying and I don't see what's comedy about it, any more that sticking thumbtacks into someone's foot is comedic because it's absurd. Plus people use "blood feud" to just cherry pick "nothing illogical should happen in wrestling", every wrestling move is dumb and pantomimed for an audience to see.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i like how in the gif the whiny guy posted about the shoe spot, you can see a fan in the back INSTANTLY throw his hands up like he's just seen something so loving cool lol

Matt Jackson woke up in the truck and went into the back, he grabbed a little firework tube and bic lighter and some kinda fuse-tinder poo poo and duct taped it to his loving foot and blew Jon Moxley's face off and it was awesome

also did anyone else think he was supposed to get another blast off on Yuta as well? it looked like they tried again (i haven't watched BTE yet to see if they mention it)

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I'm only a kayfabe loser though.

smarxist posted:

i like how in the gif the whiny guy posted about the shoe spot, you can see a fan in the back INSTANTLY throw his hands up like he's just seen something so loving cool lol

It was objectively awesome. They have previously done thumb tack shoes, are generally crazy about their dumb sneakers, and Mox has a history with explosions. Making an exploding shoe was incredible, and made for an amazing visual.

https://i.imgur.com/XWVIpLE.mp4

Anyone would have to be an extremely boring dipshit to be upset about this happening in a match called "Anarchy in the Arena" which previously featured a live band playing through 2,5 loops of Wild Thing.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 11:59 on May 30, 2023

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

"A shoot loser" is some big time "please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad" stuff.

What makes someone a shoot loser vs. a work loser

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I'm only a kayfabe loser though.

It was objectively awesome. They have previously done thumb tack shoes, are generally crazy about their dumb sneakers, and Mox has a history with explosions. Making an exploding shoe was incredible, and made for an amazing visual.

https://i.imgur.com/XWVIpLE.mp4

Anyone would have to be an extremely boring dipshit to be upset about this happening in a match called "Anarchy in the Arena" which previously featured a live band playing through 2,5 loops of Wild Thing.

Mox and Eddie have a history about stealing the buck's sneakers too :haw:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm only a kayfabe loser. I'm actually a shoot multi-millionaire making GBS threads from my palatial oceanfront mansion.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Hoss Corncave posted:

Ok so if this happened in a WWE show we'd all be just as cool with it right?

Edit:just saying it seems like the kind of thing that would be poo poo on

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If it happened in the context of a sicknasty match then yeah, probably?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Crapple! posted:

Ok so if this happened in a WWE show we'd all be just as cool with it right?

Edit:just saying it seems like the kind of thing that would be poo poo on

Only if it happened in WWE’s most chaotic and violent match, WeeLC