Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Khanstant posted:

are you using OBS? I had that issue for a while and it turns out I just needed to literally take the image in OBS' preview thing and make sure it covered the whole screen space. It's set up so you can add in twitch overlays or whatever crap. I've got a bunch of random game clips awkwardly in the corner with black around it and only fiinally-noticed-and-fixed it for this game.

Just using geforce experience's video save, I'm not a streamer or anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nihonniboku posted:

I was just doing the calls from the deep questline where you bring stone eyes from the great plateau and drop them into chasms into the deep below and reunite them with their owner.

I went around, dropping each of them in. Then went down to retrieve them, only to find two of them weren't there at the bottom. I spent some time searching in the deep for them, and eventually gave up. They were back where I found them up top. I'm guessing either they bounced out of the way and the game automatically reset them? Or I took too long to get to them, and the game just reset those steps in the quest.

I haven't done that one but maybe try sticking them all together if you can and jump down with em

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I haven't done that one but maybe try sticking them all together if you can and jump down with em

They're all too spread apart to do that. I finished the quest the way they intended, I just had to do a couple extra jumps than I had planned. I first tried to put them onto my flying contraption, but they were far too heavy to do that with just a couple of fans and a controller, I couldn't get off the ground.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
When I did it, once I tossed them down they stayed down there permanently, and the one time I got too far from an eye and it despawned it respawned at the bottom of the chasm. But other people have also reported having them respawn at the top, so maybe it's possible to throw it at a weird angle or something and have it not get flaggad as falling in the pit :shrug:

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I think the quest expects you to jump in after each one in turn. Also, all the drop points include the necessary tools to get the objective to the LZ.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Black Griffon posted:

I think the quest expects you to jump in after each one in turn.

I tossed all of them down before jumping down any chasms.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Having trouble finding the fourth tablet to scan in the gerudo shelter. Here's the ones I do have

1. Behind a destructible wall in main chamber
2. In jail
3. Partially under sand and has to be put back together

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Any tips on the dumb rear end Branli flying quest? The mechanics for this specific quest don’t follow the normal rules. Or maybe I’m just dumb.

Valsu
Jan 2, 2006

Whoever designed that robot fight in the Spirit Temple needs a swift kick to the balls. What the gently caress was that poo poo? That is not the Zelda gameplay I signed up for. If I wanted to play loving MechWarrior, then I would be playing that. That was an absolute trash boss.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Valsu posted:

Whoever designed that robot fight in the Spirit Temple needs a swift kick to the balls. What the gently caress was that poo poo? That is not the Zelda gameplay I signed up for. If I wanted to play loving MechWarrior, then I would be playing that. That was an absolute trash boss.

Then don't fight it?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Made it to the final boss and was extremely underprepared. Guess that’s another few days of exploring and doing quests…

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Having trouble finding the fourth tablet to scan in the gerudo shelter. Here's the ones I do have

2. In jail

Light spoiler: check the classroom

Big spoiler: it's two parts you have to look at from the right angle

Wasn't a big fan of the find the slipper quests there

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

2. In jail

Look in the classroom.

e:f,b

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I'm at the point now where I'm wrapping up side quests and other poo poo before I finish up the game. A few questions:

-Are there any rewards for giving allllll the Bubbul gems to Koltin?
-How many Korok seeds are needed to fully upgrade your inventory slots?
-Are there any rewards for helping that dude fix all the signs?

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

AllNewJonasSalk posted:

Any tips on the dumb rear end Branli flying quest? The mechanics for this specific quest don’t follow the normal rules. Or maybe I’m just dumb.

If you're having trouble controlling the glider, you can just work the left/right to position yourself above the smallest circle, then pop Recall to kill your momentum and drop right into it. A lot of the minigame quests can be cheesed by using Recall, in fact.

Valsu
Jan 2, 2006

Supremezero posted:

Then don't fight it?

I mean, it is done now. It was still a bullshit boss fight. Mineru is slow and clunky as gently caress.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I am seriously not finding korok seeds much in this game. I just don't notice the puzzles I guess. I've only got like 82 compared to like 102 shrines. I would think I'd have at least as many.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

I am seriously not finding korok seeds much in this game. I just don't notice the puzzles I guess. I've only got like 82 compared to like 102 shrines. I would think I'd have at least as many.

Hah

Hahahahahaha

HahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

There's 1000 korok seeds. If anything you should have way more.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I'll be honest I keep seeing the guys with the big backpacks asking me to take them to their friend and I just ignore 'em because it's usually an out of the way trek and I honestly already have enough slots.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I did the last Kohga encounter last night which turned out to be a repeat of the Spirit Temple boss albeit with some added stuff, except that I’d stuck beams on Mineru’s arms so she couldn’t punch anything this time. I jumped back down and hit him with a sword a bunch. Turns out that works fine.

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

EclecticTastes posted:

If you're having trouble controlling the glider, you can just work the left/right to position yourself above the smallest circle, then pop Recall to kill your momentum and drop right into it. A lot of the minigame quests can be cheesed by using Recall, in fact.

Thank you! I’ve spent over a hundred rupees trying to figure this out and kept coming up short. Didn’t even think of Recall. Wouldn’t even care about the quest but Branli is an rear end in a top hat clearly trying to make a quick buck.

Pro tip: you probably won’t have enough time to attach a fan if you’re using a Nintendo Switch Lite. No idea how the pro controller might change your mileage.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
The robot stuff would have been a lot cooler if it did more damage than none at all vs anything stronger than a red moblin. Even after sticking a white lynel bit on it the damage felt anemic as hell.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Valsu posted:

Hope you’re ready for round 2 when you have your final battle with master kohga

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Sydin posted:

I'll be honest I keep seeing the guys with the big backpacks asking me to take them to their friend and I just ignore 'em because it's usually an out of the way trek and I honestly already have enough slots.

There is no such thing as an out of the way trek in this game. There are only places you haven’t been yet. Following those lazy koroks has led me to a few interesting sights I probably wouldn’t have noticed.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

AllNewJonasSalk posted:

Thank you! I’ve spent over a hundred rupees trying to figure this out and kept coming up short. Didn’t even think of Recall. Wouldn’t even care about the quest but Branli is an rear end in a top hat clearly trying to make a quick buck.

Pro tip: you probably won’t have enough time to attach a fan if you’re using a Nintendo Switch Lite. No idea how the pro controller might change your mileage.

You know, I'd assumed that you couldn't attach anything at all, given the rules-as-stated. I actually got kinda lucky, nailing the middle circle in one attempt. That said, a lot of the minigames don't even go in your quest log, or will be "complete" as long as you can get even a mid-tier reward, so it's pretty forgiving if you just want to finish the quest.

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
You can attach a fan to the glider, but, since the glider starts sinking immediately, you have to be really fast and precise. I just want to shove the condescension up Branli’s mouth.

Valsu
Jan 2, 2006

sonatinas posted:

Hope you’re ready for round 2 when you have your final battle with master kohga

please no :cry:

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
I love that, after you explore hyrule castle fully and do the main quest that has you return there, Zelda stops talking during blood moons, because the apparition the Ganondorf created is now gone.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

2. In jail

This one is a doozy, I basically found it by accident after running around for an hour failing to find it even going underground thinking maybe it was friggin down there somehow.

Hint: It's a forced perspective puzzle

Answer: It's in the classroom, stand in there and look towards the door area and line yourself up such that the broken shards in forced perspective are back to one clean tablet.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Pirate Radar posted:

I did the last Kohga encounter last night which turned out to be a repeat of the Spirit Temple boss albeit with some added stuff, except that I’d stuck beams on Mineru’s arms so she couldn’t punch anything this time. I jumped back down and hit him with a sword a bunch. Turns out that works fine.

I encountered this fight many days before the main one and figured the whole point was to make vehicles and robots to battle-bot his rear end. I probably hurt myself more than he did in that fight since your contractions are just as happy to hurt you as enemies.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Khanstant posted:

This one is a doozy, I basically found it by accident after running around for an hour failing to find it even going underground thinking maybe it was friggin down there somehow.

Hint: It's a forced perspective puzzle

Answer: It's in the classroom, stand in there and look towards the door area and line yourself up such that the broken shards in forced perspective are back to one clean tablet.

They tell you the solution if you do what the girl who is too young to attend the class suggests.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Valsu posted:

It's not that hard... is it possible that you never tried pushing him into the barbed wire?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Ah, I guess I either didn't talk to her or did and didn't pay attention. lol I was going around looking everywhere in 1st person for some secret hidey hole or crack I missed.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Rand Brittain posted:

It's not that hard... is it possible that you never tried pushing him into the barbed wire?

Yknow I didn't actually check, is there another way to kill them in the first place? I didn't think you did damage otherwise

Valsu
Jan 2, 2006

Supremezero posted:

Yknow I didn't actually check, is there another way to kill them in the first place? I didn't think you did damage otherwise

You can do a marginal amount of damage. I do not think it is possible to survive the fight doing it any other way, though.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Valsu posted:

You can just do that one on foot. Whack him with something big until he flies backwards into the obvious hazard.

Honestly all the Kohga fights are more comic relief than challenge.

Valsu
Jan 2, 2006

Pirate Radar posted:

Honestly all the Kohga fights are more comic relief than challenge.

Yea those fights are fun. I'm not looking forward to the apparent final one in the robot, though.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Beat da game. Got kinda burnt out so I pushed through to the end. Wish there was a peaceful Hyrule post game where I could hang out with all my npc buds and let Link have his Hot Girl Summer

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Diephoon posted:

Beat da game. Got kinda burnt out so I pushed through to the end. Wish there was a peaceful Hyrule post game where I could hang out with all my npc buds and let Link have his Hot Girl Summer

make the next zelda game be an animal crossing-esque sequel to totk imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Nihonniboku posted:

I was just doing the calls from the deep questline where you bring stone eyes from the great plateau and drop them into chasms into the deep below and reunite them with their owner.

I went around, dropping each of them in. Then went down to retrieve them, only to find two of them weren't there at the bottom. I spent some time searching in the deep for them, and eventually gave up. They were back where I found them up top. I'm guessing either they bounced out of the way and the game automatically reset them? Or I took too long to get to them, and the game just reset those steps in the quest.

yeah that quest line updates are really bad, because it tracks as you throw them down but then resets without any indication. You have to throw them down and follow them one by one to make sure they don't respawn back to their starting point.

I think 2 of them drop right next to mine tracks you can just ride, the other two drop and you need to drive a slab around on big wheels to get them there.