Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Hey, you want to hear an original joke? Well, you won't find one here.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1663256241886330880?cxt=HHwWgICwwauviZUuAAAA

"what is money" is a far more likely question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

It's actually extremely on brand for Nazis to want LGBTQ people to burn to death.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

IBroughttheFunk posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1663256241886330880?cxt=HHwWgICwwauviZUuAAAA

Interestingly enough this is correct but not in the way he thinks.

I'd like to be the fly on the wall when aliens analyze the behavior of Matt Walsh.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

E the Shaggy posted:

I love that we've heard nothing about the Tucker Carlson show moving to Twitter.

Tucker Carlson was his time slot and nothing more.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

IBroughttheFunk posted:

a featherless biped.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
you gotta really be loving up to get me to think matt yglesias is doing something good and funny

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

lol at thinking aliens would even have a concept of gender

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Ah yes, an alien species would be extremely concerned about Earth's interpretation of a meaningless gender binary construct outside of our own idiot culture making it matter

What a brilliant transhumanist

Can he gently caress off and suffocate on Mars already?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
What is a woman?

A miserable stable of horses

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Seth Pecksniff posted:

lol he paid $44 billion to have "friends"

Not friends. Frens.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Mr Scumbag posted:

Not friends. Frens.

👌Frens

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

CharlestheHammer posted:

What is a woman?

A miserable stable of horses

VaNayNeigh.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Going to say "The subjugation of entire groups of our species because of difference in sexual organs/ skin tone" might be higher up on the scale of the Vulcans or whatever the gently caress deciding to do a fly by of Earth and go "yeah gently caress that", you loving wierd sad demented Rubber hate Golem.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

CharlestheHammer posted:

What is a woman?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

elon musk absolutely bricking himself as the aliens from arthur c. clarke's reunion arrive to ask the tough questions.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Hey Elon, what is a good joke? Take your time. I'll wait.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

IBroughttheFunk posted:

That wasn't even an answer

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

No. 6 posted:

👌Frens

Concerning!!!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Seriously though, why the gently caress would we feel compelled to explain ourselves or anything else to any alien who showed up? That's a dumb question in the first place

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

...! posted:

Seriously though, why the gently caress would we feel compelled to explain ourselves or anything else to any alien who showed up? That's a dumb question in the first place

Probably to foster a shared sense of understanding and dialogue with a species who if we pissed off by being xenophobic dicks they could respond by nudging rocks into collision course with our planet?

Also to not just be dicks?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Orrrrrrr... we could just tell them to gently caress off

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

...! posted:

Orrrrrrr... we could just tell them to gently caress off

Man you must be so fun to work with or be around.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Tea Party Crasher posted:

Tucker Carlson was his time slot and nothing more.

yeah if he starts some alt show and gets 5% of his previous viewers his brand is effectively dead

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

The chuds do the same thing with turmp, just totally disconnected from reality

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
It's just projection. They're temporarily embarrassed millionaires so that must mean it's only fair he's a temporarily embarrassed fit dude. See? That means they understand him and he'll want to be friends!!!1!

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Musk is 8 years younger than Jeff Bezos.

He looks like he doesn't have any bones.

bear named tators
Dec 16, 2006

.:.::HONKIN A POTATO::.:.
why… doesn’t he have any body hair…..

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Goldmine.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Elon hate watches DS9.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Waffle House

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

edit: this drunk post seemed funnier 5 seconds ago

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 04:37 on May 30, 2023

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

Ghostlight posted:

a featherless biped.

Jesus Christ, I'm either too drunk or not enough.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

This makes sense when you remember Elon is 44 billion in the hole so any solution which could lose some revenue in the short term by being banned in Turkey is completely non viable.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Senor Tron posted:

This makes sense when you remember Elon is 44 billion in the hole so any solution which could lose some revenue in the short term by being banned in Turkey is completely non viable.

He's also got launch contracts with Türkiye, can't upset his johns

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Aliens would think we are weak because we have the technology to customize our appearance but we are arbitrarily punish people for doing it. You want to straighten your teeth? Cool. You're not feeling masculine enough Mr Rogan? Here's your testosterone.

Oh but you want tits or to get rid of tits? That's too far, illegal

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Elon musk: and so they change their pronouns, and choose their own name!!!

An alien: I am the vat grown explorer drone modified and specialized for space travel I literally don't give a gently caress

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

bear named tators posted:

why… doesn’t he have any body hair…..

It all got relocated to his scalp

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
why is this white lump rock talking to me? I thought the report said hairless apes have taken over?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tea Party Crasher posted:

Aliens would think we are weak because we have the technology to customize our appearance but we are arbitrarily punish people for doing it. You want to straighten your teeth? Cool. You're not feeling masculine enough Mr Rogan? Here's your testosterone.

Oh but you want tits or to get rid of tits? That's too far, illegal

Any alien race capable of making direct in-person contact with us would either be beyond caring about matters like gender, if they even have the concept to begin with, or it literally would not matter to them because they are here to exterminate us and consume our solar system for raw resources to continue fueling nomadic march across the universe.

How is Elon this loving dumb?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i though musk liked The Culture. those people change genders just for fun sometimes