Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Diephoon posted:

Beat da game. Got kinda burnt out so I pushed through to the end. Wish there was a peaceful Hyrule post game where I could hang out with all my npc buds and let Link have his Hot Girl Summer

Yeah but that would mean Zelda is actually around and might be able to do something outside of flashback cutscenes and we absolutely cannot have that apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

make the next zelda game be an animal crossing-esque sequel to totk imo

Bridge Constructor: Hyrule

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Hyrule Reconstruction Tour with Hudson Construction, The Stable Trotters, Link & Zelda :allears:

Big party with the Monster Control Crew telling fight stories

Rally races at Tarrey Town and Lurelin Village e: new Pilot Wings game except it's just a TOTK DLC.

Sidon commissioning statues at every major settlement

e: Beedle using his funds to run a Conservatory

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 02:42 on May 30, 2023

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Diephoon posted:

Hyrule Reconstruction Tour with Hudson Construction, The Stable Trotters, Link & Zelda :allears:

:hmmyes: Finally a way to elevate totk from a 10 to an 11.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Diephoon posted:

Big party with the Monster Control Crew telling fight stories

Rally races at Tarrey Town and Lurelin Village

Sidon commissioning statues at every major settlement

I would play this game so hard.

Also it would be rad if Kilton made a wandering town on the back of a Talus.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Valsu posted:

Yea those fights are fun. I'm not looking forward to the apparent final one in the robot, though.

The kohga fight is "meant" to be done on foot, the spirit temple fight is "meant" to be done like rockem sockem robots

both are trivially cheesable with one cannon it 100% interrupts any attack, jump, flight, whatever and puts it into a downed state, so for kohga you then just arrow him out of the cockpit to spank him, and for the spirit temple fight you just flail on it with your other arm until it slides back into the barbed wire

the full stop worst part about spirit temple is the run from the construction depot to the spirit temple entrance that's meant to be a "tutorial" about how to use the robot but is just a tutorial about how useless the robot is at effective combat

Valsu
Jan 2, 2006

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

The kohga fight is "meant" to be done on foot, the spirit temple fight is "meant" to be done like rockem sockem robots

both are trivially cheesable with one cannon it 100% interrupts any attack, jump, flight, whatever and puts it into a downed state, so for kohga you then just arrow him out of the cockpit to spank him, and for the spirit temple fight you just flail on it with your other arm until it slides back into the barbed wire

Thank you for the tip. You're doing Hylia's work. :dance:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Oh that’s right, the battle talus. I saw one from a distance but had other business and didn’t go fight it. That was… 50-60 hours ago? I could go fight it after I do the last temple I guess.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

the full stop worst part about spirit temple is the run from the construction depot to the spirit temple entrance that's meant to be a "tutorial" about how to use the robot but is just a tutorial about how useless the robot is at effective combat

Yeah, at that point in the game you're going to be fighting a lot of silver enemies, which zonaite weapons don't do too well against. Great for interrupts so it's useful as a companion, but not great as a main source of damage.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Valsu posted:

Whoever designed that robot fight in the Spirit Temple needs a swift kick to the balls. What the gently caress was that poo poo? That is not the Zelda gameplay I signed up for. If I wanted to play loving MechWarrior, then I would be playing that. That was an absolute trash boss.

Too late now, but if you shoot it in the face with a bomb arrow that will stun it, and you can do that without dismounting.

Generally at that point of the game Mineru is most useful as a firing point for archery imo. Note you can jump off straight into a slomo midair aim.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
best rock buster when i need to bust rocks the least

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Fangz posted:

Too late now, but if you shoot it in the face with a bomb arrow that will stun it, and you can do that without dismounting.

Generally at that point of the game Mineru is most useful as a firing point for archery imo. Note you can jump off straight into a slomo midair aim.

drat that owns, wish I'd known that before I bruteforced the fight.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Khanstant posted:

best rock buster when i need to bust rocks the least

and then you're in a too-short cave and realize "a cannon on a spear" is just as effective

such an incredible waste of potential from something that I was so hyped about when it showed up initially

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Okay, the stupid horse race minigame at Highland Stable, is the reward for beating it at all worth all the effort? And if so, is there a way to cheese it or do I have to keep bankrupting myself 20 rupees at a time trying to do it legit?

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Asterite34 posted:

Okay, the stupid horse race minigame at Highland Stable, is the reward for beating it at all worth all the effort? And if so, is there a way to cheese it or do I have to keep bankrupting myself 20 rupees at a time trying to do it legit?

You get 6 pony points for completing it. The timer itself is pretty generous with the time limit, you can probably clear it in 55 or so seconds if you take it at a moderate pace.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Wondering if anyone knows any details about this being correct.

- Hinox of all colors always have a royal bow, broadsword, and claymore. Enemy level is 2 temples done, was this different before?
- Red and Blue Hinox rarely drop guts, Black Hinox seem like a guaranteed drop.

It makes farming Hinox easy as pie given you always get another good 2 hand sword to spin2win, and if you need guts then you just need the black Hinox locations to save time, mostly underground it seems.

For dragon farming, since there's no longer any spawn points what is the duration for them to turn shiny again? The info about the farm you can get says plants respawn every 48 minutes, I was hoping that might be the time for the dragons too.

Is there any easy way to track the light dragon, because I absolutely would've left the master sword where it was for the tracker if I had realized how much you need to upgrade the champion tunic.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

pentyne posted:

For dragon farming, since there's no longer any spawn points what is the duration for them to turn shiny again?

ten minutes exactly

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Arrrthritis posted:

You get 6 pony points for completing it. The timer itself is pretty generous with the time limit, you can probably clear it in 55 or so seconds if you take it at a moderate pace.

That's it? Oh well glad I can disregard that mingame, gently caress dealing with the fiddly horse riding controls if that's all I get out of it.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

pentyne posted:

- Hinox of all colors always have a royal bow, broadsword, and claymore. Enemy level is 2 temples done, was this different before?

I'm pretty sure world level is based on more than just temples done (although each one does count for a lot), if you spend enough time loving around killing lynels naked you're going to end up with silver bokoblins with royal broadswords pretty drat quick

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

I'm pretty sure world level is based on more than just temples done (although each one does count for a lot), if you spend enough time loving around killing lynels naked you're going to end up with silver bokoblins with royal broadswords pretty drat quick

Yeah, BotW had a pretty complex formula for enemy levelling with 12 distinct 'stages' that you got points for by killing anything but Red Bokoblins and a bunch of points per boss/miniboss

It took 1200 points to max out and you got the following per enemy you defeated.

(+160)xx: Dark Beast Ganon

(+100): Monk Maz Koshia

(+60)x: Thunderblight Ganon (Vah Naboris only), Fireblight Ganon (Vah Rudania only), Waterblight Ganon (Vah Ruta only), Windblight Ganon (Vah Medoh only)

(+24): Silver Lynel, Gold Lynel (Master Mode)

(+20): Master Kohga

(+16): White-maned Lynel

(+12): Blue-maned Lynel

(+10): Lynel, Molduga, Guardian Stalker, Guardian Skywatcher, Molduking

(+8): Silver Lizalfos, Gold Lizalfos (Master Mode)

(+7): Black Hinox, Igneous Talus, Frost Talus, Guardian Turret, Guardian Scout IV, Silver Moblin, Gold Moblin (Master Mode) Igneous Talus Titan

(+6): Stone Talus (Rare)

(+5): Blue Hinox, Stalnox, Stone Talus (Luminous), Silver Bokoblin, Gold Bokoblin (Master Mode)

(+4): Black Lizalfos, Electric Lizalfos, Fire-breath Lizalfos, Ice-breath Lizalfos, Guardian Scout III

(+3.6): Black Moblin

(+3): Black Bokoblin, Blizzrobe, Meteo Wizzrobe, Thunderstorm Wizzrobe, Yiga Blademaster, Hinox, Stone Talus, Sentry

(+2.4): Decayed Guardian

(+1): Fire Wizzrobe, Ice Wizzrobe, Electric Wizzrobe

(+0): All other enemies

I imagine its pretty similar for TotK if not completely identical.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
THERE ARE ONE HUNDRED AND ONE MORE BUBBLFROGS?!?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Baller Ina posted:

Wow that must be a lot of digits

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Baller Ina posted:

yep

your reward for finding all of them is a paraglider fabric

(and a bit of a :smith: cutscene from kilton)

kazz
Feb 27, 2007

Black Bean has a tendency to stare and likes to hide.

pentyne posted:

For dragon farming, since there's no longer any spawn points what is the duration for them to turn shiny again? The info about the farm you can get says plants respawn every 48 minutes, I was hoping that might be the time for the dragons too.

Is there any easy way to track the light dragon, because I absolutely would've left the master sword where it was for the tracker if I had realized how much you need to upgrade the champion tunic.
Here is a video I found the other day on tracking and farming the dragons.

https://youtu.be/Pk27gun8xOw

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

yep

your reward for finding all of them is a paraglider fabric

(and a bit of a :smith: cutscene from kilton)

:smith: because it works or because it doesn't?

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
I'm more concerned with the implications this has on caves, really. Are there other cherry blossom trees to summon the sartori from?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Baller Ina posted:

I'm more concerned with the implications this has on caves, really. Are there other cherry blossom trees to summon the sartori from?

There are 8 Cherry Blossom trees

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Khanstant posted:

:smith: because it works or because it doesn't?

he turns into a blupee instead. his brother's wistful about it but believes he would have been happy enough with the outcome

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I mean, that's a happy ending imo. Seems like the big versions are something a Blurpee turns into over time some way or the other.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Regarding the meantrees

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Nihonniboku posted:

Regarding the meantrees

Those aren't them, evermeans are real monsters. There are different encounters that is referring to.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Khanstant posted:

I mean, that's a happy ending imo. Seems like the big versions are something a Blurpee turns into over time some way or the other.

it's :smith: on kilton's behalf, he puts the cart in "his brother's favorite spot" and you can find it in the original grove up on satori mountain covered in blupees if you go visit

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Mylan posted:

Those aren't them, evermeans are real monsters. There are different encounters that is referring to.

one of the loading screen tips is "yiga have figured out how to disguse themselves as more than just people"

the evermeans are 100% just yiga

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Valsu posted:

Thank you for the tip. You're doing Hylia's work. :dance:

You can also rewind the middle of the three bombs he summons and throws at you as part of his pattern, which makes him nice and vulnerable to get smacked around for a bit. I had no idea about the Spirit Temple fight at the time so this was how I did it.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Nihonniboku posted:

Regarding the meantrees

Time to put this to the test and throw bananas at trees

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

one of the loading screen tips is "yiga have figured out how to disguse themselves as more than just people"

the evermeans are 100% just yiga

Evermeans drop normal tree poo poo when they die, including logs, instead of rupees and bananas. I have personally seen an encounter where there was a banana lying next to a tree, and when you pick it up, the yiga drops the disguise and fights you normally. There are other objects they disguise themselves as too, but there's always a banana as bait.

Mylan fucked around with this message at 04:50 on May 30, 2023

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Fangz posted:

Also, in addition to just shooting it with a thunder arrow or whatever, alternating between your left and right arm lets you attack much faster. Which is pretty much only useful for that one boss fight so it’s easy to miss.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Valsu posted:

Whoever designed that robot fight in the Spirit Temple needs a swift kick to the balls. What the gently caress was that poo poo? That is not the Zelda gameplay I signed up for. If I wanted to play loving MechWarrior, then I would be playing that. That was an absolute trash boss.

I couldn't stop laughing at Robot Fighting League. Boss was way easy to just bully into the fence.

Was there any breadcrumbs to that temple or are you just supposed to stumble upon the head? I randomly hopped on a rock, found this head, and next thing I knew I was punching an evil robot into the ropes. Screw that rail puzzle though I "gave up" and used a balloon.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Mustached Demon posted:

I couldn't stop laughing at Robot Fighting League. Boss was way easy to just bully into the fence.

Was there any breadcrumbs to that temple or are you just supposed to stumble upon the head? I randomly hopped on a rock, found this head, and next thing I knew I was punching an evil robot into the ropes. Screw that rail puzzle though I "gave up" and used a balloon.

once you finish the regional phenomenon, that's the next main quest plot beat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I beat all 152 in what feels like as many hours. Finding the last few would’ve been impossible without the Depths map to guide me. I kind of avoided doing much Depths stuff beyond the main quest because frankly I didn’t like it down there. I think it’s the weakest part of the game by far, but mostly because it’s just way too enormous with zero variety. I still think it’s pretty cool and there is plenty to do, but it feels like they could’ve gotten a lot weirder with the Depths. I dunno, it’s a half formed thought at the moment.

The reward for beating every shrine is interesting, and I’m excited for people to see it so we can talk about it. But I don’t recommend mainlining this game the way I did over the last 17 days. I need to get back into my body and my life now. TotK is truly the GOAT and ended up being a vastly different experience than BotW for both good and bad. Having such quick access to the whole map via the increased verticality really changes the feel of the game.

Now I’m excited to just play around with constructs and see what kind of robot monsters I can design.