Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Spanish Matlock posted:

Nah it's (and this might not work anymore but I doubt it) the big cylindrical oil tanks. Zombies can and will smash all sorts of holes in the bottom, but once they have there's no reason for them to continue smashing, since holes exist and they can path to the other side. So, while you end up with four or five different holes they never actually smash enough of it for it to collapse. There's a ladder inside that they can climb up single file to the top until one of them inevitably smashes the bottom of it. There might be a specific thing going on with the geometry of the oil tanks that fucks up their pathfinding but we used it for several blood moons in a row and it never got demolished.
I've used those as a horde base before, they work pretty well. Put a hatch on top of each of the ladders (or a cement block on top of one so they only use the other) and just shoot them as they file up. The majority of the holes on the sides were done by dogs because they can't climb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Verviticus posted:

green hell was a lot of fun until about 70% when it just took us away from our base forever to wander in a straight line through a bunch of unfamiliar jungles

Yeah it’s a shame it loses any semblance of being a survival game once you leave the first area. The expansion map looks pretty wild, though.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 21:01 on May 29, 2023

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I just did a 150 hour playthrough of 7DTD/Undead Legacy with a friend. Horde night off, wandering hordes cranked up to stupid levels and frequency. Was real good.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

I used to do a horde base that had all the supports made out of open doors, because zombie AI ignores attacking open doors. On top of the... 3rd? stacked door was a concrete block for the high horizontal weight limit.

The base was then just all bars so it could be shot through at will.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
Picked up Card Survival for iOS now that I can play it on my tablet. Enjoying it, but it is a bit overwhelming. What’s a good plan for a Hunter start, and any notable early-game traps to avoid?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Inadequately posted:

Picked up Card Survival for iOS now that I can play it on my tablet. Enjoying it, but it is a bit overwhelming. What’s a good plan for a Hunter start, and any notable early-game traps to avoid?

You start with plenty of useful skills with him and don't have to worry about some of the more insidious killers so your biggest thing to watch out for will be weight and loneliness. Both are almost invisible in their day-to-day effects and by the time you notice it can be too late.

Weight:
So in this game fullness doesn't equal sufficient calorie gain. Early on you tend to eat a bunch of small, less filling meals like bananas or simple cooked fish and the like which is adequate to keep you alive but will also mean your day-to-day appetite will start to decrease. This is small at first but can, after a few weeks, lead to you having a miniscule appetite and being unable to even eat enough food in a day to keep your weight steady. The counter to this is to always try and make sure you eat more than your appetite and especially invest in farming and making heartier cooked foods - with or without meat - that give high saturations until you're able to keep your weight steady or increasing. Having extra weight is good as sickness and infections will drastically reduce your weight if you don't deal with them in time.

Loneliness:
The insidious killer. Countering the effects of loneliness is the real endgame goal to surviving on the island without escaping. Clothing, being happy, clean hut, furniture, carvings, utensils, high quality food - these are all small things that will help stave it off. Early on loneliness will be low and its effects on your mood easily countered but at full bar can leave you unable to do much of anything without doing many/all the counters. Always be aware of it.

TipPortion:
Use an axe on your 'location' card ie. jungle to get infinite wood.
Coconut/Banana/etc trees will respawn after cut down. Cutting down coconut trees takes longer but is safer than climbing.
Farming is VERY good
The jungle wetlands is the only place to build a well
Always wear shoes. Alwaysalwaysalways
There are sharks. They will usually win.
Do not build any structures on the beaches because hurricanes will destroy them.
FEAR THE HUNTER

Jawnycat
Jul 9, 2015

Inadequately posted:

As the hunter you start with a flask and a satchel equipped, don't neglect their usefulness. You also start with four units of sago flour which can be cooked into flatbread on a campfire to help keep you fed at the start. Your high skills mean you can easily dive for food, climb palms for coconuts with only moderate risk, and hunt fairly successfully further inland, though be warned injuries from hunting can be quite serious and take weeks to recover from. Injuries in general are A Big Deal in this game. Get shoes on your feet ASAP.

The hunter start has a significant amount of positive traits with pretty much no negatives so is good for learning the game, though do note that without those traits things will be much much harder. Notably, you are completely immune to a few of the local illnesses and partially immune to all others, stay happy easily and don't get lonely quickly, and have partial immunity to sun exposure, rough sleeping, and bugs. Just keep it in mind when you move onto other/custom characters.

For starter advice/traps to avoid:

Don't build your permanent base on the coastline, come the wet season storms will deal damage to structures and destroy loose items or smaller structures outright.
Your starting zone as the hunter, the bay, has sharks and krait snakes in the water so avoid swimming too much. The beach further up the coast is safe however. On that note, swimming is great, it keeps your mood up and gets you wet, which helps manage your temperature.
Items monkeys steal from you can eventually be recovered, but it's best to keep things they want in storages to avoid having to deal with all that in the first place. They love to steal clayworks, tools, anything shiney, and food.
Liquids in open containers evaporates, this is why your flask is great as it's sealed. Your early game water storage (a towering mountain of coconut bowls) only has a lifetime of a few days before it all evaporates into nothing. You'll desperately want to get long-term water storage set before the first dry season.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yo, my friends and I are all playing Valheim again and its reminded me of both how much I love this game but also how much of it I've already played. Has anything like it come out yet? I know there's a few in the works, but nothing notable has released, yeah?

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

Inadequately posted:

For the very early game, I'd focus on spear fishing as your primary source of food. Vegetables become more useful once you get cooking and can work with clay. Bananas can help in a pinch, but it is very easy to get tired of them if you eat them too often. Beware coconut water, milk, and meat - too much can easily lead you into a :nexus: -dehydration spiral, so bust a nut once or twice a day at most and toast the meat. Charcoal can help with the runs, but also washing in the sea regularly can help reduce your hydration needs and reduce how often you need to drink from coconuts. After you improve your spear-fishing a little, find the stones for a campfire, and collect rain in coconut halves you'll have a lot less trouble staying regular and hydrated even if you don't swim in the sea.

In the early game, the most useful locations are the bay and the jungle, but by the time the rainy season starts you'll want to think about the rocky beach and wetlands. The rocky beach will get you ready access to flint and a backup shelter if things go wrong. The wetlands will give you access to clay and several different sources of unsafe drinking water. For various reasons you'll want to exploit this area before and during the dry season.

Remember that exploring to 100% reveals all points of interest, but exploring further can still reveal new resources, and the location card itself can often be worked if you need something like wood. Clicking on your stats can be especially helpful to see a breakdown of what it is affecting and affected by.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Inadequately posted:

People have talked about long term strategies above me but since you just started I'd suggest a few beginner tips

- At the start your biggest source of water is going to be coconut water (sharp rock on husked coconut) and rain that you collect by catching it in empty coconut shells. When you drink/eat coconut products your "stool liquidty" stat will go up (yes its that kind of game) which will eventually give you diarrhea, which then drives your hydration down. Therefore you want to limit your coconut product consumption to only once or twice a day. For collecting water in coconuts you have to wait until it's raining and then manually set the coconuts to collect rain, it isn't automatic.

- Always be researching something. You can pause research in one thing to pick up another without penalty so if all else fails you can research meals or clothing until you unlock something that you really want. A good way to get your feet wet in progressing up the tech tree at the start is to make a woven palm frond (use frond on frond) which allows you to research baskets, which are storage against animals but also can be carried in your inventory for overall carry weight reduction.

- Make sure you go in and look at all the bars on the status menu, and check the in-game help too. There's some critical info in some of the help entries that you wouldn't think of normally.

- The fishing spear is cheap, good for fishing, and also good for self defense so make sure you make one. A harpoon is better but requires more time commitment. If you get an animal event then consider the damage they can do to you; birds are completely safe and macaques may give you a fairly easily treated bite but boars can break your leg (hard to fix, slows you down, incredibly painful) and monitor lizards are disease factories.

- It can be worthwhile to pick cards up and go hold them over all the lit up cards, there's a lot of interactions you might not think of otherwise.

- There is a critical path to follow early game, but if it's considered a spoiler then I'll hide it: Search for the jungle entrance from the beach, and then search for the Wetlands. go to the Wetlands and search til you find at least one, preferably both availible puddles. these refill in the rain to give you unsafe (needs to be boiled) water, but also you need to dig up mud and combine it with sand to make a mud brick, plus make clay once.. This unlocks a really key crafting chain and you should be returning there frequently whenever it rains and refreshes.

- Don't wear yourself out, it drives up your water and calorie burning. If you start getting low stamina (especially if you get a notification pop up telling you that you are) then take a rest via the clock menu which takes 15 minute.

- If you get wounded then you need to clean the wound and cover it. A certain plant in the jungle can be made into bandages, and once you make a loom it's really easy to make ash bandages and put them in your satchel just in case. You can use salt water to wash wounds (fill a container with ocean water, use on wound, can't just wash your whole body) but it gives a mood debuff.

- If you eat a lot of one thing you'll see a notification pop up that shows a few icons of that food. That means your character is getting sick of eating it, and if you keep eating a lot it can make them really stressed.

- To keep stress down and morale up you can do fun activities, and it's a good idea to dip into them if you have time. Diving in the sea is fun and gets you items, and building a sandcastle is the same. Don't try and fill the entertainment bar because you won't, just do it once or twice to push back depression.

- As others have said the "hunger" system is really deceptive. You want to eat prepared meals with fat and oil in them to keep your weight up, and generally eat til you get "I may have eaten too much". This will increase your appetite and allow you to eat more without getting nauseous, and will help keep your weight up.Once you get a cooking pot the easiest good meal to make is island chicken/fish which requires bird meat or fish, coconut milk (not coconut water! Made by using the meat on an empty shell), and "greens" which the snakegrass that is all over the jungle can fill. When you make the coconut milk you'll have two half portions, use one bowl on the other to get one fully filled bowl for the recipie.

Despite all of that, just gently caress around and die for a few rounds before worrying too much about optimization. It's a surprisingly deep game but you have to gently caress up repeatedly in order to understand a lot of it. It's really easy to death spiral so if that happens then gently caress it, see what happens if you spend a few days doing something new, you're going to die anyways.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 14:16 on May 30, 2023

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Jack B Nimble posted:

Yo, my friends and I are all playing Valheim again and its reminded me of both how much I love this game but also how much of it I've already played. Has anything like it come out yet? I know there's a few in the works, but nothing notable has released, yeah?

It's not out yet but I'd say keep an eye on Enshrouded.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1203620/Enshrouded/

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
some card survival tips that aren’t mentioned:

use pins for stuff like entertainment temperature, wetness, mood, loneliness, wakefulness, thirst and anything else you might care about. you can also pin “hidden” stats or ones you care about or ones you want to see even if you have <25%

parasites especially is helpful, find it in the affected by tab since you can eat raw crabs/crayfish/meat but if it gets around 25% it becomes self reinforcing and hard to get rid of.

if you’re doing mermaid or tourist you can pin sun exposure which is helpful

rope plus basket is a backpack you don’t need to waste time researching it just 30m to attach

(spear)fishing in the mangroves is about twice as effective due to better fish you can catch there

always carry water for cobra venom while exploring grasslands

shaving wood with a sharp knife is a good way of getting woodworking points until you can unlock carving

make a sand castle and dive once or twice a day. entertainment is critical and hard to come by early so make it a part of your morning/evening routine

lack of foot/hand calluses can force you into mood spiral due to pain if you push through too far past the minor pain level, but riding that edge is useful because you only develop callouses when you’re in pain.

don’t drink coconut water unless you’re desperate just dump that stuff out

you’ll probably need your first coconut husk to make fire but save the next two for shoes

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 03:04 on May 31, 2023

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
CS:TI is much more forgiving early in a run as well and you can absolutely put your character through hell with pain and lack of sleep to put yourself well ahead of the curve and recover it all within a few days once you're finished. See: Day 10 mud hut on a no skills, equipment, or clothing start.

Very Belated Edit:
Final Storm is an absolutely insane challenge and causing more struggle than Final Drought did.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 19:00 on May 31, 2023

Jawnycat
Jul 9, 2015
Speaking of Card Survival, new major update just dropped (on the beta branch); a full rework of the combat system. Haven't checked it out yet myself, cuz I'm lazy and will wait for it to mainline, but it seems interesting.

Also adds a bunch of new armor, some new weapons and arrows, and some new wounds. And re-adds the tracking skill back into the game, letting you refind/fight creatures you've injured but that got away.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Spanish Matlock posted:

It's not out yet but I'd say keep an eye on Enshrouded.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1203620/Enshrouded/

Thanks, I'll keep up with it, but I played another early access dark soulsy survival game and five seconds of combat told me it felt bad, hit detection, animations, etc, so that's the kind of thing I just need experience when the game is out. Looks neat though.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
You bastards got me on Card Survival. Its fun, but frustrating. Hunter died on day 11. Started a farmer to save grandpa who is apparently the worst farmer ever with no infrastructure. Bought it for my phone, but i might buy it again on pc because it chews through my battery. Managing stress is about as difficult as it is in real life and im gonna murder all the monkeys.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
May have finally got a Final Storm run off the ground with nothing but Birthday Suit, Archer, Seahounds, Loner, and Jungle start. Tried doing a harder location start (Highland Jungle) but couldn't survive both the ironic lack of clean water combined with constant hypothermia and zero mood. Day 17 Mud Hut is one of the latest I've done in a while and wrangling the constant sickness and cold is actually a serious challenge as traveling away from a fire for more than a few hours is just death right now until leather clothes and a proper rain coat. Farming is going to be especially Exciting so may be forced to go hard into trapping instead.

Do really enjoy proper hard challenges for the game, though.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Jack B Nimble posted:

Thanks, I'll keep up with it, but I played another early access dark soulsy survival game and five seconds of combat told me it felt bad, hit detection, animations, etc, so that's the kind of thing I just need experience when the game is out. Looks neat though.

The only reason I'm following it is because it was billed as "A Valheim Zelda"

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
After a few runs where I just flailed around not accomplishing much, I think I've got a decent Hunter run going in Card Survival. Got a Mud Hut up in the Jungle by Day 14 (probably not the best location for it, but the most convenient one that wasn't the Bay). Been sustaining myself by spear-fishing, bananas and coconuts, and the occasional small game, and in between everything I've got a fairly decent rotation of foods to stave off nausea. Now that I've got a hut up I'm probably going to try to explore further, as well as getting a loom and kiln up, and maybe try to get an enclosure and farm plot up once my Herbology is good enough for that.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Inadequately posted:

After a few runs where I just flailed around not accomplishing much, I think I've got a decent Hunter run going in Card Survival. Got a Mud Hut up in the Jungle by Day 14 (probably not the best location for it, but the most convenient one that wasn't the Bay). Been sustaining myself by spear-fishing, bananas and coconuts, and the occasional small game, and in between everything I've got a fairly decent rotation of foods to stave off nausea. Now that I've got a hut up I'm probably going to try to explore further, as well as getting a loom and kiln up, and maybe try to get an enclosure and farm plot up once my Herbology is good enough for that.

If you are just now getting kiln up then your first priority is going to be making jars and cooking pots. You need them to collect and store larger amounts of water (jars) and to cook more nutritious meals. Your number one killer later on is going to be a lack of water, so getting ways to store it is critical. If you want to get fancy you can start boiling salt water to get glazed jars but it is a bit of an industry to do in volume.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah I may have screwed myself over with that one, first proper dry season is starting on day 61 and I don’t have that much in water reserves and only a couple of jars. I have a water reservoir and a water filter for purifying unsafe water, but I don’t know how long the unsafe puddles are going to hold out. I’ll just try to get a couple more jars up and see how long I can hold out.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
Between coconuts, the wetlands cave, and banana trees you can get enough water to eke out an existence in the dry season. It's miserable though.

Jawnycat
Jul 9, 2015
Can add sap from the trees in the mangroves as well, tho it also gives you the shits so balance it out, mainly if you can't get enough coconuts. If you have high swimming skill you can try swimming for bird rock and getting plastic sheets from the shipwreck to make a solar still, but that is very risky.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Tiny Timbs posted:

Yeah it’s a shame it loses any semblance of being a survival game once you leave the first area. The expansion map looks pretty wild, though.

the endgame upping the difficulty by challenging you to survive running around catching poison dart frogs barehanded is pretty funny tho

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jun 5, 2023

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
How is Sons of the Forest 2 now that it had a few patches? Worth picking up?

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
Started another run now that I've gotten the hang of things. Rainy season has started in earnest and I'm trying not to repeat the mistake of last time. What's a good setup for long-term water storage during the dry season? I can make a ton of those tiny sealed clay jars but those hold so little water, there has to be a more efficient way.

Also set up a few farm plots but I fear it might be wasted effort, they're building up fungal infection fast during the storms and I don't have enough Herbology for brimstone pesticide. Harvesting everything I can to build it up but it might be a little too late to turn things around.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Inadequately posted:

Started another run now that I've gotten the hang of things. Rainy season has started in earnest and I'm trying not to repeat the mistake of last time. What's a good setup for long-term water storage during the dry season? I can make a ton of those tiny sealed clay jars but those hold so little water, there has to be a more efficient way.

Also set up a few farm plots but I fear it might be wasted effort, they're building up fungal infection fast during the storms and I don't have enough Herbology for brimstone pesticide. Harvesting everything I can to build it up but it might be a little too late to turn things around.

A cistern is your best mass-storage for water as it evaporates very slowlydoesn't evaporate. It's a decently complex construction but well worth making at least one, two if you're feeling especially motivated and want absolute security.

Farming is definitely harder now but you should still be easily net positive growing Rice in the grasslands/secret valley. Ideal for wet season too as you can do paddies which usually require tons of water. Then grow a ton of yams during the dry season.

If you're really struggling for food then sago palms are pretty common and can be stripped for breads and used with fishing/trapping/animal keeping for a decent meal that'll keep your weight mostly steady until heartier meals.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jun 6, 2023

Jawnycat
Jul 9, 2015

Inadequately posted:

For low labor storage, glazed clay vessels hold a decent amount of water and are sealed, I usually have a reserve of 3-6 of them filled with water. The tiny clay jars are useful for rationing water however, many recipes and actions that use water will accept >=50% of one serving of water, so you can save a fair bit of water over time using the little jars to portion it out for washing and cooking.

For more labor intensive storage, reservoirs suffer from evaporation (and increase local bug populations if you don't cut them with oil frequently) but store a poo poo ton of water and will usually last you a decent chunk of the dry season, and only take (a lot of) clay and labor to build. Cisterns as mentioned hold even more water and don't suffer from evaporation, but it's an Ordeal making them, requiring a good shovel (or several poo poo shovels), a large amount of mortar, quicklime, rocks and pure labor to complete. I don't remember if cisterns fill from rain, it flip-flopped a bit between they do and don't during development and am not sure where it finally landed.

For non-natural water generation options, a well can be constructed in the wetlands for similar costs to the cistern, generating a slow but constant trickle of unclean water with a large amount of storage. Alembics can be made to slowly convert salt water to clean water when occupying a lit campfire. Plastic sheets can be cheaply (and reversibly, anything you use plastic sheets in when broken/deconstructed give the sheet back) made into solar stills to turn excess palm leaves into water, but has to fight through evaporation so you need to baby them.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
Nah I'm pretty good on food, alternating between coconut fish soup and chicken sandwiches for major meals and miscellaneous veggies/fruit for filler in between that. Have a backup stash of sago flour, coconuts and mollusks in case I need emergency food for any reason, was just hoping to get a few of my own chili plants up since they're an important component of quite a few meals and you can dry them to preserve them indefinitely.

Looking up the requirements for the cistern and oof, this is probably going to be a season-long project, but if getting just a single one up helps alleviate the dry season then I guess it's worth a shot. Just hope there isn't anything else I should be prioritizing.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Inadequately posted:

Looking up the requirements for the cistern and oof, this is probably going to be a season-long project, but if getting just a single one up helps alleviate the dry season then I guess it's worth a shot. Just hope there isn't anything else I should be prioritizing.

The only absolute hard time limit in CS is the isolation/loneliness spiral. Carve at night to fill your shelves and make furniture as they become available and everything else can be fixed given enough dedication/time. Stockpiling to survive multiple monitor bites should be a priority, though. They're the rng runkiller.

Then you can start doing challenge runs :shepicide:

Really hoping their next game in this 'series' takes place somewhere with a wider weather and nature variation. Maybe a bigger island/landmass with mountains and the like because could easily see challenges where you have to drift between camps throughout the year to survive which would be really cool. Currently having a single central main camp is very easy with how small the island is once you have paths dug.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jun 6, 2023

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
Actually, what sort of medical supplies should I be stockpiling? Came across a whole lot of generally medicinal plants but it's hard to tell exactly what is good for what thing. So far the worst I've had to deal with was macaque bites which can be dealt with fairly easily with a leaf bandage and regular washing. The Hunter seems to be immune or resistant to a lot of things but I figure it's worth getting the hang of before the next character.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Inadequately posted:

Actually, what sort of medical supplies should I be stockpiling? Came across a whole lot of generally medicinal plants but it's hard to tell exactly what is good for what thing. So far the worst I've had to deal with was macaque bites which can be dealt with fairly easily with a leaf bandage and regular washing. The Hunter seems to be immune or resistant to a lot of things but I figure it's worth getting the hang of before the next character.

Generally speaking it's best to leave things on the plants unless you need them, since they never spoil that way. The majority of injuries can be dealt by washing the wound immediately and applying a bandage, infection is more of an issue if you don't wash it. Having some ground Kava on hand/prepared in some clay jars wouldn't be a bad idea if you are spending a lot of time around boars though since broken bones affects your ability to gather.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
As mentioned plants don't decay once grown so just fill some farm plots with all the major medicines - Kava (Pain and Mood), Ginger (Mood and Fever), Spider Lily (Immune System), Jasmine (Stress) - and let them stockpile as raw plants. For the hunter you don't have to worry about malaria but if ever play a character without immunity you should also be aware of quinine which can be made from Cinchona Trees. Splints and bandages also don't decay and should be carried in your pouch. A tourniquet can also save your character from a rare major laceration. And finally Aloe can help wounds heal faster and is farmable.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jun 6, 2023

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
Day 72 of the run, well into Dry Season by now. I feel like I'm ahead of the curve on water, but only just barely and I don't think I can afford anything particularly water-intensive like a farm plot. Didn't work on a cistern in the end, but I have a solar still set up on the bay, the puddle of unsafe water in the Wetlands cave, and a few glazed jars and tiny jars as an emergency supply. On the plus side, all my chili plants grew so I don't have to worry about those anymore and I have a good stash of emergency food near my base now. Trying to work on getting some nice furniture and expanding my base, given that it's too hot to do most outdoor work for prolonged periods.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Fill some large pots with seawater to use for daily bathing and you'll stay much cooler during the dry season. Seawater can also be used for cooling pots.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
7 Days to Die update news! A21 will be live next Monday! It'll be released to select streamers this weekend, and then the public release on Monday.

https://7daystodie.com/a21-official-release-notes/

There's a number of AI pathing fixes. I wonder if that'll 'fix' the blood moon cheesing.

Canuckistan fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jun 8, 2023

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
It will fix blood moon cheesing for a few hours until the hardcore playerbase discovers the new One Weird Trick that the pathfinding can't handle. This is basically an eternal and unending arms race between the devs fixing things, the players finding something new to break, and so on.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
new Forever Skies trailer - this was released a week ago but I don't think it was posted here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMuE0W8XfC4

it looks great tbh

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Flesh Forge posted:

new Forever Skies trailer - this was released a week ago but I don't think it was posted here

it looks great tbh
Looks rad, but I sure hope they fixed the bugs and performance issues from the demo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Flesh Forge posted:

it looks great tbh

Nice, been looking forward to that one, was not expecting it this soon. (June 22)