Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Barreft posted:

goddamn this game is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw6Oswa-TS4

just vibin taking in the views. if only i knew how to record without the black bars but w/e

Wait, how is it you have infinite power in that clip? I thought at first you might have had a zonai battery attached, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7238640542173629722

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I wish the depths had a little more variety, yeah, it seems like a missed opportunity that the depths under Death Mountain are where you find the lava now but the depths under the other climates aren’t similarly themed.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Diephoon posted:

new Pilot Wings game
a dream that will never be :smith:

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Holy poo poo, I just killed the King Gleeok in the Gleeok Den. Five rocket shields, mighty bananas, and the Boulder Breaker/silver moblin horn. Rocket shield up, bullet time and plink each head twice, drop down and spin attack the heads, rocket back up and repeat. Took me three tries, the first two I messed up the timing rocketing up before he did his finale high sky fireworks.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
(Labyrinths) The armor you get from the labyrinths seems like kind of a bad reward since you can't upgrade them at a Great Fairy, I guess it looks kewl though. Done 2 out of 3 so far, to me the real reward has been the flux construct 3/soldier 3 weapons, and just the experience of going through them which is pretty cool. Is there any set bonus for wearing all 3 pieces of this set, or that can only ever apply to stuff upgraded by fairies?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Item Getter posted:

(Labyrinths) The armor you get from the labyrinths seems like kind of a bad reward since you can't upgrade them at a Great Fairy, I guess it looks kewl though. Done 2 out of 3 so far, to me the real reward has been the flux construct 3/soldier 3 weapons, and just the experience of going through them which is pretty cool. Is there any set bonus for wearing all 3 pieces of this set, or that can only ever apply to stuff upgraded by fairies?

Any armor that isn't allowed to be upgraded can have set bonuses without upgrading them

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Item Getter posted:

Yeah, it gives you Bone Weapon proficiency which is a lot better here now that most of your top tier weapons incorporate bone. It also gives some minor monster stealth effect iirc, like a weak version of the masks.

Still not great but its usable

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Tokelau All Star posted:

Holy poo poo, I just killed the King Gleeok in the Gleeok Den. Five rocket shields, mighty bananas, and the Boulder Breaker/silver moblin horn. Rocket shield up, bullet time and plink each head twice, drop down and spin attack the heads, rocket back up and repeat. Took me three tries, the first two I messed up the timing rocketing up before he did his finale high sky fireworks.

my sibling in christ please rewind the icicles

e: I mean or don't, you do you, I think I've gotten more friends bitching at me about "I can't believe the game expects me to waste so many rockets on gleeoks" in the last couple of weeks that I'm just :psyduck: that nobody just kind of chills and waits to see what the thing does and immediately jumps to "burn all my resources to brute force it"

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

that just got my head pierced by the icicles above the recalled icicle, personally. still haven't gone back to try again after that debacle

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

I was able to rewind the icicles against the Frost Gleeok by Zelda's horse. When I tried it against the King, I kept getting zapped by lightning as I rode up, so I switched tactics to the rocket shield before it got too high. I also tried a spring but he demolished it.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Tokelau All Star posted:

I was able to rewind the icicles against the Frost Gleeok by Zelda's horse. When I tried it against the King, I kept getting zapped by lightning as I rode up, so I switched tactics to the rocket shield before it got too high. I also tried a spring but he demolished it.

The Lightning Helm (or upgraded Rubber armor) confers total immunity to the lightning bolts. That said, I prefer to use a rocket shield while they're ascending to knock them down before they even begin their "unreasonable bullshit" attack. I go through a lot of eyeballs killing Gleeoks.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

e: I mean or don't, you do you, I think I've gotten more friends bitching at me about "I can't believe the game expects me to waste so many rockets on gleeoks" in the last couple of weeks that I'm just :psyduck: that nobody just kind of chills and waits to see what the thing does and immediately jumps to "burn all my resources to brute force it"

Of all the resources to have to run around for rockets are the easiest because like half the light roots have a zonai depot immediately next to it with 4 rockets.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

MokBa posted:

I beat all 152 in what feels like as many hours. Finding the last few would’ve been impossible without the Depths map to guide me. I kind of avoided doing much Depths stuff beyond the main quest because frankly I didn’t like it down there. I think it’s the weakest part of the game by far, but mostly because it’s just way too enormous with zero variety. I still think it’s pretty cool and there is plenty to do, but it feels like they could’ve gotten a lot weirder with the Depths. I dunno, it’s a half formed thought at the moment.

The reward for beating every shrine is interesting, and I’m excited for people to see it so we can talk about it. But I don’t recommend mainlining this game the way I did over the last 17 days. I need to get back into my body and my life now. TotK is truly the GOAT and ended up being a vastly different experience than BotW for both good and bad. Having such quick access to the whole map via the increased verticality really changes the feel of the game.

Now I’m excited to just play around with constructs and see what kind of robot monsters I can design.

I think I finished my playthrough with around 150 hours too, with maybe 20 shrines to go. I played through BOTW to 100% twice while never actually bothering to go and fight Ganon, so I wanted to make sure I actually technically beat the game this time.

I agree that once you learn about how it works, the Depths isn't that intimidating, but my god, the first couple hours down there is one of the most tense experiences I've had in a video game. Back when it's still a black miasma of weird giant mushrooms and explorers re-enacting House of Leaves and evil red goop hands and ninjas driving lifted trucks.

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
Is there a mechanic in the game outside of the whole weapon fusing and octoroks, or am I just never supposed to use my legendary weapons found in the over world so they don't break?

Also holy crap these armor upgrade requirements don't seem worth the effort going past level 2 for the set bonuses

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
One thing I find a bit depressing about the game, and I wish they had changed from BOTW, is how passive the game world is. It presents itself as an incredibly rich and detailed world, but everything is always just waiting for you to interact with it in some way, apart from perhaps the dragons on their pre-set flight paths.

You can stand still in a clearing all day and nothing will happen to you - because the game is waiting for you to go out and find the monster camp or cut the grass or whatever it is you want to do. There are no true "random" encounters, so it always feels a little bit too scripted. - I wish the encounters on the road were more varied, rather than just another mushroom seller or whatever.

That said it's a great game and it's sad that it makes BOTW feel obsolete.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

PageMaster posted:

Is there a mechanic in the game outside of the whole weapon fusing and octoroks, or am I just never supposed to use my legendary weapons found in the over world so they don't break?

Also holy crap these armor upgrade requirements don't seem worth the effort going past level 2 for the set bonuses

The champion weapons are cheaper to rebuy after the first time, ”only” 1 diamond instead of 3. Still pretty pricey though.
IDK about the amiibo cosplay weapons though.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 07:04 on May 30, 2023

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

Rohan would be happy to know you used the Boulder Breaker to take down a King Gleeok.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Zore posted:

There are 8 Cherry Blossom trees

There's a handy map in one of the stables too - Outskirt, from memory?

One of the many things I like about this game is the number of diegetic maps you get, I just wish there was a way to sort them together in the album...

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The champion weapons are cheaper to rebuy after the first time, ”only” 1 diamond instead of 3. Still pretty pricey though.

Octoroks won't repair the amiibo weapons, but I guess you can just... use the amiibo again? :shrug:

That said, saving your weapons doesn't do you any favors, you get eight new "weapons" (monster bits are going to be the biggest influencer of your attack power) by the time one breaks and you can just grab any old hilt to put them on.

Like, I tried keeping a near-broken Royal Guard weapon around for lynels, used it like twice for its intended purpose before realizing why bother, I have ten other weapons I can hit this thing with, the skills to do them mostly hitless, and the food to heal up if I gently caress up. There's no resource scarcity in this game, and you start having a lot of fun once you realize that.

In other news, I attached a cannon to a boomerang and was disappointed when it did not make the least advisable weapon. It no longer throws, it just fires.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Dareon posted:

Octoroks won't repair the amiibo weapons, but I guess you can just... use the amiibo again? :shrug:

there is, last I heard, an "exploit" of sorts-- if you fuse a fancy weapon to a normal weapon/shield, then feed it to an octorok, then get the tarrey town kid to pop it off for 20 rupees, that'll 100% the durability again

agreed that it's way too much hassle to be worthwhile to ever get the fancy weapons for any reason outside of "to say I did" and throw it up on a wall, though; in a game that's all about the temporary nature of weapons and using what you loot off one body to smack the next enemy in the face, it seems a diametrically opposed mechanic to have special weapons like that-- doubly so now that unfused weapons are kind of worthless and fusing special weapons just removes the only reason to have them in the first place-- aka, aesthetics

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You can buy some of the amiibo weapons in the depths. It's more of a flex but if you want 10 Biggorn swords you can do that if you are grabbing all the poes you ever see.

I'm starting to find some high level weapon respawn spots as I explore more. Just found a set of mighty zonai equipment in the zonai forge island, once of the more in demand things to find and hoard as you get the rank 4/5 construct drops.

Generally there are some pristine weapons in the depths from the ghosts, I've seen travelers-knights, someone said they found a royal claymore as well. They probably respawn the same rate as everything else, someone once said 1% chance a minute when you aren't in the area.

Dareon posted:

In other news, I attached a cannon to a boomerang and was disappointed when it did not make the least advisable weapon. It no longer throws, it just fires.

What about a laser?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

PageMaster posted:

You're supposed to use them and let em break like any other? The DLC ones you can buy copies of from the big poe papas downstairs. The four quest ones you can also commission extra copies of once broken.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7235358006957903130

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

pentyne posted:

You can buy some of the amiibo weapons in the depths. It's more of a flex but if you want 10 Biggorn swords you can do that if you are grabbing all the poes you ever see.

I'm starting to find some high level weapon respawn spots as I explore more. Just found a set of mighty zonai equipment in the zonai forge island, once of the more in demand things to find and hoard as you get the rank 4/5 construct drops.

Generally there are some pristine weapons in the depths from the ghosts, I've seen travelers-knights, someone said they found a royal claymore as well. They probably respawn the same rate as everything else, someone once said 1% chance a minute when you aren't in the area.

What about a laser?

1% chance a minute sounds extremely weird given that everything else in the game either only respawns at blood moons, or respawns immediately as soon as you're out of loading distance (like loose zonai parts sitting around on the floor)

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

1% chance a minute sounds extremely weird given that everything else in the game either only respawns at blood moons, or respawns immediately as soon as you're out of loading distance (like loose zonai parts sitting around on the floor)

The respawn is weird, I've farm some material, had a blood moon happen, and then went back and it didn't respawn. I've farmed materials and had them take forever to respawn, and then sometimes I'll literally turn around and some have reappeared. I electrocuted an entire lake, swam around collecting everything, then a few seconds later turned around and saw some ducks respawn.

Zonai parts yes, anything in the overworld will be there when you return/reload the area.

The only specific timer I've seen mentioned so far is the 10 min dragon recharge, and the 48 mins for the Hateno farm.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
And there we go. (Cropped out most of it for potential spoilers)

Will probably take a break for a bit and then go back to work on sidequests and mess around with vehicles.

Final Boss thoughts:

- Turns out in his humanoid forms, he does basically nothing to guard against projectiles, some of his attacks break them but not many. Get some air time with a spring/rocket shield/pinecone on fire/etc. and shotgun your best materials at him with a Lynel Bow, and he melts in seconds. It's much easier than actually trying to hit him in melee since he can dodge melee attacks.
- I appreciate the pre-boss fight area giving you a large space to just go ham with your best vehicle running over everyone. Doesn't seem like there were any silver enemies to slow things down either.
- I'm guessing that if you're missing any of the sages, you have to fight their boss at that point where they spawn. Not sure how you're supposed to fight the Seized Construct without the arena though
- Dragon form Ganon was a cool setpiece, though not exceptionally difficult

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.
Had a half hour before bed to squeeze in some TOTK last night.

Warped to a tower so I could get a boost up to the sky and look for some islands, saw a passing dragon (barely spoilers but w/e) and decided to hitch a ride into the Depths. Just kinda chilled on its back for a while until it took me close enough to a new lightroot to jump off to go activate it.

Game good :allears:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
just found a 4th Sage's Will.

So, it's just an attack buff? No cooldown reduction?

Is there any point in saving it?

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

pentyne posted:

The ghosts spawn with pristine weapons you have broken the decayed versions of it seems.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

pentyne posted:

just found a 4th Sage's Will.

So, it's just an attack buff? No cooldown reduction?

Is there any point in saving it?

There's enough Sage's Wills in the sky to upgrade every Sage Vow, so no particular need to hold back. My personal suggestion for your first one is Tulin, because he's pretty good at scoring headshots on enemies.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Inadequately posted:

Final Boss thoughts:

- I'm guessing that if you're missing any of the sages, you have to fight their boss at that point where they spawn. Not sure how you're supposed to fight the Seized Construct without the arena though

arena conceits magically spawn and despawn where necessary during the boss rush, like queen gibdo's mushrooms or seized construct's arena sans all the floor gloom

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Supremezero posted:

Hah

Hahahahahaha

HahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

There's 1000 korok seeds. If anything you should have way more.

That's so weird because I feel like I'm in the same situation, I'm not finding many. No idea why.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
The fact that they're largely on the surface (with a handful on sky islands) probably accounts for it-- as far as I know they never spawn in caves and there's 0 in the depths, and a lot of the ones I do see aren't "just stop and interact" things, it's either "carry the korok to their friend" or "stand on the platform and chase a thing down off a sky island before it hits the ground", neither of which are "just" quick half-second interruptions to what you're doing like all the koroks previously

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I've got 173 seeds, the mask helps.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
lugging the backpack koroks is usually a bother, which is why they give two seeds, but the diving ones are usually near a shrine, and if you really hustle you can catch them fast enough that you can grab the island and climb back up afterwards

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Don't the diving ones deposit you back where you jumped from afterwards? As long as you caught them while diving that is.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Just found the Biggoron’s Sword and had a wave of nostalgia like nothing else the game has given me— dumb twelve year old me spent ages perfecting that run in OoT to unlock it and it’s weirdly one of my fondest memories of the game.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

I got all of the glide suit pieces and upgraded for the suit bonus and my only regret is that it doesn't make Link do a superhero landing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Runcible Cat posted:

I got all of the glide suit pieces and upgraded for the suit bonus and my only regret is that it doesn't make Link do a superhero landing.

Annoyingly the animation is there, but only if you take fall damage. Dive into the shelter in Lookout Landing from ground level holding the button and it'll happen most of the time.