Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Ghoul
Dec 8, 2011

I got a cobra for a cock and some wrought iron balls
Even in neon, there are enough arrows to blot out the sun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
I loving love rhythm games goddamn

though apparently not enough to realize stepmania and stepmaniax are different things lmao

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Agrias120 posted:

Is this being run on site? It looks way more put together than the last several years of “I am broadcasting this from my garage slash stepmania cave”.

Looks like it is, yeah. It's at least in an enclosed area within what looks like a hotel ballroom.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Agent355 posted:

Oh good multiple runners so they can rest. I don't have to worry about watching somebody die.

Agrias120 posted:

Is this being run on site? It looks way more put together than the last several years of “I am broadcasting this from my garage slash stepmania cave”.

Yes, it's nice to see a rhythm game run where it's not one person in an 8x8 room cooled with 2 box fans, rapidly dehydrating themselves like they're trying to cut water weight before the Big Fight.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Zephyr is crushing it.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

JethroMcB posted:

Yes, it's nice to see a rhythm game run where it's not one person in an 8x8 room cooled with 2 box fans, rapidly dehydrating themselves like they're trying to cut water weight before the Big Fight.

Yeah it was last AGDQ where the runner kinda jacked up their ankle playing but tried to go for it anyways right?

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Vanilla Ice is not something I expected today.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Ok! For wednesday we’re going to Hell’s Kitchen at 8:30 pm. Please reply to this so I have an idea of who is going.

OneMoreTime fucked around with this message at 06:02 on May 30, 2023

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Geight posted:

Yeah it was last AGDQ where the runner kinda jacked up their ankle playing but tried to go for it anyways right?

Pulled his groin iirc D:

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Not a big fan of these hour plus rhythm game showcases.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Republicans posted:

Find something else to do for a while. This is great.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Republicans posted:

seeya in an hour

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

OneMoreTime posted:

Ok! For tomorrow we’re going to Hell’s Kitchen at 8:30 pm. Please reply to this so I have an idea of who is going.

Wasn't this Wednesday? :ohdear:

Studio fucked around with this message at 06:11 on May 30, 2023

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Republicans posted:

They should be twice as long and also there should be twice as many and they should all be the most obscure poo poo. Chrono Circle and Wacca when

(someday I'll get good enough and also have the money to buy a groove coaster cab and submit that every gdq until the end of time)

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Studio posted:

Wasn't this Wednesday? :oh dear:

Thank you for that catch, I am an idiot. This will be for Wednesday

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

WhiteHowler posted:

Find something else to do for a while. This is great.

Yeah, these are always super well received.

I want to see the insane she they always ramp up to by the end of the showcase.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

woke kaczynski posted:

They should be twice as long and also there should be twice as many and they should all be the most obscure poo poo. Chrono Circle and Wacca when

(someday I'll get good enough and also have the money to buy a groove coaster cab and submit that every gdq until the end of time)

Let's get another beat saber one, or maybe ragnarock. VR rhythm games are cool too.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Showcases like this are great. Glad to see they're switching out between songs for breaks

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Shoutout to the guy yelling from the crowd, "THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE!"

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
Rhythm games are great, but I too would like to see more variety, there's plenty out there

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
oh no they danced too close to the sun :ohdear:

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

These maniax stepped one too many times for the stream.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

'They'll let us know when we're back'

Narrator: they did not

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
they danced too hard

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

What marathon was it where the dude played a rhythm game on a washing machine looking arcade machine? That owned.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

OneMoreTime posted:

Ok! For wednesday we’re going to Hell’s Kitchen at 8:30 pm. Please reply to this so I have an idea of who is going.

🫡 I should be down, might have +1-2

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Wanna say the washing machine was SGDQ 2021, maybe 2020 (edit: i have no idea which one it was :/ )

Tayter Swift fucked around with this message at 06:21 on May 30, 2023

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
It'd be cool if they had a pinball showcase again sometime too, while we're fantasizing about cool poo poo.

edit: looked it up and whoaaaa someone did maimai??? that owns bones, maybe we really will get groove coaster one of these years

https://youtu.be/X2ogX44s5Cs

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

The team mode stepmaniax stuff is wild

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Agent355 posted:

What marathon was it where the dude played a rhythm game on a washing machine looking arcade machine? That owned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2ogX44s5Cs

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Thanks goons, I'm gonna go and revisit that showcase sometime soon, I remember really digging it.

The Ghoul
Dec 8, 2011

I got a cobra for a cock and some wrought iron balls
I'm not really into rhythm games but, based on how active this thread has suddenly gotten, I can see why they do these showcases.

E: Also, this is just genuinely impressive to watch.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Lol, owns.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Team mode crossing over into the openly erotic

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Agrias120 posted:

The sign in the back says this is in Vegas.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
Hooting and hollering at them doing pairs pushups on the dance pads, me and who

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Republicans posted:

Gives me time to watch last week's Taskmaster.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The Ghoul posted:

I'm not really into rhythm games but, based on how active this thread has suddenly gotten, I can see why they do these showcases.

E: Also, this is just genuinely impressive to watch.

Yeah, I enjoy watching a bit but I just have trouble parsing it and check out before the people playing it do.

But that's the great thing about a marathon. I can come back later and there's always gonna be something to watch.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
lol the $15k incentive save

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I wonder why if someone doesn’t choose an incentive they don’t automatically put it towards the closest upcoming incentive goal (that isn’t a poll vote). It’d be assuming intent for an otherwise intent-less donation, but it doesn’t feel like it would be in a bad way.