Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
It's that time of year again.

https://twitter.com/GHRGloucester/status/1663179887815868416

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Freudian slippers posted:

Apparently, the kid went on to become a somewhat famous musician: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Rebillet Haven't heard his stuff, but he seems to have a following.

THANK YOU, god I was watching that thinking I totally knew the kid but couldn't place him.

Dude is crazy talented.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
Why on earth would you subject people to this bullshit? Do they not want you to use their site?
https://twitter.com/wondermeg_/status/1662454909353033730

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Luxrage posted:

Edit 2: For some schadenfreude, here's the same thing but happening horizontally thanks to how these Subaru engines have their oil systems set up, all of the horizontal forces move all the oil to one side of the oil pan where it can't be taken back up by the pump and starves the engine:
https://youtu.be/HJaLTxcg0vY

:lol:

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Bertha the Toaster posted:

Why on earth would you subject people to this bullshit? Do they not want you to use their site?

Possibly the worst app of all time. it doesn't even save your place in a series.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Borscht posted:

Possibly the worst app of all time. it doesn't even save your place in a series.

Its hemorrhaging money, of course they've pulled all development/non-critical bare bones operations out at this point. I'm skeptical it will last more than a couple more years.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

coldpudding posted:

Try a rotary inside the wheel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4e9aJ3Tkac
There is no clutch so once you start you can't stop without stalling.

Megola Fahrt lmao

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Lmao thats a young marc rebillet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGJZfmYMltM

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Borscht posted:

:drat: that's impressively bad.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

DandyLion posted:

Its hemorrhaging money, of course they've pulled all development/non-critical bare bones operations out at this point. I'm skeptical it will last more than a couple more years.

They dropped the HBO from the app name, leaving it with the incredibly dumb name Max. They’re also k-holing entire series to save a few bucks on royalties, so they’re stripping value while rebranding. I don’t know why they couldn’t just update the HBO Max app on the PS4, but we had to download the new app for the same stuff. The only improvement I’ve seen is that it’s easier to tell which profile is selected, which could have been done with a stronger border in the old app.

All these chucklefucks telling people “learn to code” and for what? For the richest corps in the country to shovel out a half-baked app every three years? Why isn’t a good streaming service UI a solved problem?

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

:laffo:

Turning your engine sideways means oil doesn't pump all the way through the engine. Stunt bike guys modify the oil pumps so this doesn't happen.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
One possible solution would be to streaming services have some sort of standardized API so it would be possible to build generic clients to consume them, and them people would have choice and soon many good clients would be available, and also people would be able to use several streaming services within that same program

But I dont think the streaming companies are interested on anything like that

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Borscht posted:

At least on Google TV, Apple TV+ only very recently rolled out this "feature", and they probably spent an ungodly amount of money on that app

Elias_Maluco posted:

One possible solution would be to streaming services have some sort of standardized API so it would be possible to build generic clients to consume them, and them people would have choice and soon many good clients would be available, and also people would be able to use several streaming services within that same program

Prime Video and Apple TV+ already try to do this. Shows from other services show up in there and you just have to pay extra to subscribe to that service.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Elias_Maluco posted:

You just invented cable tv

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Dick Burglar posted:

:drat: that's impressively bad.

HBO Max saves your place in shows, it always has since launch at least on the website and on the Roku app.

This sounds like a problem with an app from the TV manufacturer or something.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe

LawfulWaffle posted:

Why isn’t a good streaming service UI a solved problem?
The same reason all sorts of places keep loving up their UI: The people who do the job and, more specifically, their management don't want to look like their department doesn't do anything important when it's time to report earnings that year and upper management starts looking for places to start laying off staff and cutting budgets.

Basically: Perverse incentives, graft, and the need to validate their existence by rebuilding everything so it can be all new and poo poo.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Azhais posted:

You just invented cable tv

Give my startup a billion dollars

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LawfulWaffle posted:

They dropped the HBO from the app name, leaving it with the incredibly dumb name Max.
Max is a public broadcaster specifically for elderly people in the Netherlands :laugh:

ekuNNN fucked around with this message at 17:01 on May 30, 2023

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/Figensport/status/1663508050379157505?t=FJhjtDeMvEgvLpE0tLn9xA&s=19

Ulthar
Aug 14, 2007

My parents are deeaaaaaaad!!!

pixaal posted:

HBO Max saves your place in shows, it always has since launch at least on the website and on the Roku app.

This sounds like a problem with an app from the TV manufacturer or something.

HBO Max is defunct and has been replaced with a new worse app though

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Bertha the Toaster posted:

I guarantee this is some testing on how they can limit account sharing in the future

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Ulthar posted:

HBO Max is defunct and has been replaced with a new worse app though

Whatever Roku updated to is saving my place fine, I was using it this weekend. It doesn't really feel different and it's dumb, but it should be functional.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

good photoshop material

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

Thank christ we never got into co-sleeping or anything like that. We may have hosed up childrearing a thousand other ways, but I think we got that one right.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I have literally done this.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Cool Dad posted:

I have literally done this.

Same. Trying to Ninja out of a sleeping kid is an experience

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
three years ago today

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Rot in piss, traitors

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

It belongs in a museum! That is on fire.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

drat, that ending is like a jumpscare.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Cool Dad posted:

It belongs in a museum! That is on fire.

It belongs in a museum! As a trophy from a disgraced nation similar to how we hang Nazi flags in a museum as a symbol for hate and bigotry.

Or on fire

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Bondematt posted:

It belongs in a museum! As a trophy from a disgraced nation similar to how we hang Nazi flags in a museum as a symbol for hate and bigotry.

Or on fire

You are supposed to make a noticeable slash if it's a trophy, since it would not be honoring it to hang such a damaged flag.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Bondematt posted:

Or on fire

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/28th_Virginia_battle_flag

I love this situation. Descendants of lovely racist traitors who sucked and died keep begging for their flag back so they can jerk off to it, and the Minnesotans keep refusing.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

quote:

"Absolutely not," [Gov. Jesse Ventura ] said Monday at the White House, where he was participating in the National Governors Association annual meeting. "Why? I mean, we won."

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Hahahaha gently caress those traitors:
A 1905 congressional resolution that flags from the American Civil War should be returned to their places of origin did not lead to the return of the flag to Virginia, nor did requests by Virginia or groups therein for its return in 1961, 1998, 2000, and 2003; a request by the governor of Virginia to borrow the flag in 2013 was also declined. "

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

rydiafan posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/28th_Virginia_battle_flag

I love this situation. Descendants of lovely racist traitors who sucked and died keep begging for their flag back so they can jerk off to it, and the Minnesotans keep refusing.

Lol

Lmao

Just keep asking it only gets funnier

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I love that they don't even display it. It's just shoved in a drawer somewhere.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

CommieGIR posted:

Same. Trying to Ninja out of a sleeping kid is an experience

The trick is to just fall asleep until your significant other comes to get you. Kid is generally out enough by then

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Hahahaha gently caress those traitors:

nothing wrong with being a traitor to the US. it's the racism that's bad. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

The kid went Super Ballwhippers 3. :ssj: