Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I bet you could probably get more if you and your partner had your own membership cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

The One With Two "G"s is spicier than I remember, or maybe it's just a good batch in this jar

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

my lg cx monitor has a bunch of dead pixels (20+) developing in the top and bottom right corners, Costco warranty ended six months ago, thankfully got the allstate 3 year warranty for $100. they only had a few replacement tvs on the site-- i told the guy i need g-sync/120hz/oled at the minimum for it to be an even trade and he escalated the ticket to find one. also said i can keep the slowly dying monitor/tv :buddy:

between my initial care call, emails, and final call, the entire process took less than 24 hours and probably a half hour of my time total. costco rules

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

When are these aftermarket insurance things worth it? Goons seem to always either get these insane deals where they replace your whole tv, or laugh about how only idiotic suckers buy them

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
It depends

Look at the warranty offered by the manufacturer, compare the two in terms, why’s covered and how long they are. Then decide if the cost is worth it.

On big ticket items, I’ll get it if it seems reasonable. It’s paid off on our espresso machine at Best Buy and my partners laptop also at Best Buy. Both broke greater than a year later and were either replaced (espresso machine) or fixed (the laptop). I’m sure I’ve bought it a couple of times and not used it, but it’s definitely been worth it for those two items.

I get that getting it on a smaller item can be dumb, or if it’s less than a year and the mfg warranties for a year, and especially if you don’t trust the place to honor it. But I’m a believer.

Costco might be different though? Do t you get an insane warranty/return policy on everything if you have the citi card and use it to purchase? Idk, I haven’t bought anything big ticket from Costco in a while

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
I bought a tub of white chocolate funfetti cookies for bringing to my sister who owns a daycare and can give them away to many many children.

I forgot them sitting on my counter when I went to visit her several days ago, and now I'm working my way through a giant tub of white chocolate funfetti cookies.

They're so soft and delicious and I hate myself :(

Edit to clarify I bought them from Costco

BigHead fucked around with this message at 05:00 on May 30, 2023

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

The LG CX warranty was two years via Costco and the AllState extended it to three. $100 for a $1500 monitor / tv is a pretty good deal and even if my experience is n=1 it paid for itself fifteen-fold lol

All the warranties are different, my MacBook has a three year Costco in-house hardware warranty and also apple care (30% discount on it too) comprehensive on top of that. With the Citi card at the time it would have boosted either the Costco one or a squaretrade one to a five year warranty which is nuts

Some people have super bad luck with the Squaretrade warranty but my experience was great and your mileage may vary by product type etc

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

BigHead posted:

I bought a tub of white chocolate funfetti cookies for bringing to my sister who owns a daycare and can give them away to many many children.

I forgot them sitting on my counter when I went to visit her several days ago, and now I'm working my way through a giant tub of white chocolate funfetti cookies.

They're so soft and delicious and I hate myself :(

Edit to clarify I bought them from Costco

My kids were turning down ice cream cones (admittedly Aldi’s brand ice cream already in the cone) to get those cookies for a snack. They stayed good for at least a week (that’s as long as the tub lasted in my house).

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

NewFatMike posted:

I’ve been doing a lot of thinking and I never thought it would come to this.

I think my easy option heat and eat food is changing from gussying up the frozen Kirkland pizzas to the frozen orange chicken.

I’ve been tossing the Normandy vegetable mix in some sesame oil and seasonings and putting all that on top of rice. I’ve been thinking about it for weeks.

I do the same, although I'd definitely recommend the Kirkland Stir-Fry frozen vegetables over the Normandy-style. Still has broccoli and carrots, but omits cauliflower and has peas, mushrooms, bell pepper, onion, and water chestnut.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

namlosh posted:

Costco might be different though? Do t you get an insane warranty/return policy on everything if you have the citi card and use it to purchase? Idk, I haven’t bought anything big ticket from Costco in a while

The Costco Citi card dropped the extended warranty perks.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Kevin DuBrow posted:

I do the same, although I'd definitely recommend the Kirkland Stir-Fry frozen vegetables over the Normandy-style. Still has broccoli and carrots, but omits cauliflower and has peas, mushrooms, bell pepper, onion, and water chestnut.

I’ve had hit or miss success on roasting the stir fry mix, if you’ve got a method lmk

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I use the stir fry mix for stir fry.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Used to love the Normandy mix but I graduated to using fresh broccoli and other veggies because its clearly much better. Especially in a wok.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Sure, fresh veggies are better but nothing beats the convenience of tossing some frozen stuff and a splash of water on a wok.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I use the stir fry mix for stir fry.

does it not get too watery when you cook it? that was my experience

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Throwing some steamed rice in there at the end kind of helps with that.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

The stir fry mix with the brussels sprouts? I just crank the heat to boil that water off.

I love that mix, I love brussels sprouts, I just wish it wasn't so sprout heavy.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Good news! The Kirkland Stir Fry mix doesn't have any brussels sprouts at all!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Wtf kinda stir fry would have brussel sprouts?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

MarcusSA posted:

Lots of kinds! China is one of the world’s leading producers of Brussels sprouts. They’re really good stir fried over blazing heat with some lap cheong sausages.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Just grilled a massive half of a salmon from Costco, goddamn does it taste good. I love how cheap good salmon is at Costco.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

binge crotching posted:

Just grilled a massive half of a salmon from Costco, goddamn does it taste good. I love how cheap good salmon is at Costco.

Hell yeah brother. I make some gravlax quarterly and it's always a treat.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

MarcusSA posted:

It's good

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I got it because my wife doesn't like broccoli and I feel like the Normandy blend goes heavy on the broccoli as filler.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Renegret posted:

It's good

That ain’t stir fry

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Anything can be a stir fry if you stir fry it

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

imagine considering broccoli a filler

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

The Saucer Hovers posted:

imagine considering broccoli a filler

:haibrower:

its the ultimate sauce delivery vehicle

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I love broccoli but the Normandy blend is a bag of broccoli and sometimes you find other stuff in there. Might as well just buy a bag of broccoli florets if that's what you want.

It becomes really apparent if you pick out the broccoli for a picky wife and leave her with not that much of anything else

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Don't worry I'm slowly fixing her terrible upbringing but fixing damage this severe takes time.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Eat some drat broccoli

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Smugworth posted:

Eat some drat broccoli

:hmmyes:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

yes

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I get doing the stir fry to the stir fry mix, I just don’t use it because I can just roast the Normandy mix, set a few timers, and eat.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Once again to ask. How do you roast it from frozen without it just steaming and getting soggy?

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

The Normandy mix I just toss in a little oil and spices and bake at 425 for 20-30 minutes depending on how much I have in there. Just on some foil on a baking sheet.

Comes out really nicely every time.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

Soul Dentist posted:

Once again to ask. How do you roast it from frozen without it just steaming and getting soggy?

Crank up the heat, don't cover your roasting pan. The water will evaporate quickly. You still want some moisture though, so partway through cooking toss the veggies with some olive oil, salt, and pepper. Other herbs or spices too if you're feeling fancy.

Got some T-bone/porterhouse steaks for Memorial Day from church. They were huge. Seared them in a pan, then on the grill for about fifteen minutes total. They were perfect. PBUC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Eh it just straight up doesn't work for me. I roast non frozen vegetables all the time, but trying Normandy mix etc. turns to mush before it browns, even under a broiler. :shrug: