Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it was a callback to the exploding monitor in the dean ambrose bray wyatt match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Crapple! posted:

I'm like "Why was there an explosion" and everyone is acting like this is a crazy thing to ask.
On what level don't you get it? Explosions hurt. Wrestling attacks are visually dramatic. Pyrotechnics are a defined object in the world of wrestling. It makes more tactical sense that jumping off something/into thumbtacks/barbed wire while doing a suplex

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

My two cents is if you can understand that Moxley and the BCC set up the barbed wired glass covered poker chip earlier - you should be able to accept that Matt had a special shoe set up in the back to use later. That's pretty much it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they should have shown everybody setting up their weapons before the match like in those lovely old b-movies where they would show the protagonist driving to and from every location because they didnt trust the audience to understand how they got from one scene to the next

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Super No Vacancy posted:

they should have shown everybody setting up their weapons before the match like in those lovely old b-movies where they would show the protagonist driving to and from every location because they didnt trust the audience to understand how they got from one scene to the next

I mean, if you want to see a part of the "how" on the exploding shoe there's a short clip of Matt getting it hooked up in this week's BTE. No information on the barbed wire poker chip, sadly.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

MassRafTer posted:

Friend you are going to have to read the Anarchist's Cookbook to know the true answer.

Cut from the mayhem to backstage, where Danhausen walks over and lays a copy of the Anarchist's Cookbook on a groggy recovering Matt.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Ganso Bomb posted:

I mean, if you want to see a part of the "how" on the exploding shoe there's a short clip of Matt getting it hooked up in this week's BTE. No information on the barbed wire poker chip, sadly.

Not until the Being The Blackpool comes out unfortunately.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Fight forever should have super finishers like the tack shoe, exploding shoe, jericho’s spike jacket for judas effects, the screwdriver, eddie should bring out the gasoline can…

Super moves rule

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

rotinaj posted:

Fight forever should have super finishers like the tack shoe, exploding shoe, jericho’s spike jacket for judas effects, the screwdriver, eddie should bring out the gasoline can…

Super moves rule

Yes but only if there's a 10 minute cutscene after you press the button explaining in detail why that weapon is being used, how the user knew how to make it, and shows them bringing the weapon to the arena beforehand.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yes but only if there's a 10 minute cutscene after you press the button explaining in detail why that weapon is being used, how the user knew how to make it, and shows them bringing the weapon to the arena beforehand.

Gonna be hype for in-game episodes of BTE if that is the case

Edit: :lol: either this is a great troll job or holy gently caress

https://twitter.com/chapoball/status/1663341738071605249?s=20

rotinaj fucked around with this message at 17:00 on May 30, 2023

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

rotinaj posted:

If there's not a mini game of removing tomatoes from burgers then Fight Forever is a total failure

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

rotinaj posted:

Edit: :lol: either this is a great troll job or holy gently caress

https://twitter.com/chapoball/status/1663341738071605249?s=20

He's got a bluetick, always assume the worst

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

rotinaj posted:

Feather the right trigger and keep your cursor on a moving target to have the Dark Order make less and less subtle references to their dicks and buttholes.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Moments like Exploding Shoe Discourse make me realize that wrestling has hit that moment of fandom where people are more concerned about their media being Logical than like, Fun or Engaging. Like movie nerds who go into every movie with a Cinema Sins checklist of "plot holes" which are the sole determining factor of if the movie is good or not, and at least 2/3rds of the time the "plot hole" is either stuff they didn't understand or irrelevant surface level details that have no bearing on the movie but that's all they care about so it must all fit perfectly and logically at all times.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Splosions are cool, more splodin poo poo pls

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

little munchkin posted:

because it looks cool, op

:hmmyes:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Honestly, it works in Kayfabe for Matt Buck, EVP, would get AEW production to make a special trick shoe for his battle against the BCC.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

*sees some cool poo poo happening*

Some poindexter:”uhm what’s the lore behind this?”

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Drakkel posted:

Moments like Exploding Shoe Discourse make me realize that wrestling has hit that moment of fandom where people are more concerned about their media being Logical than like, Fun or Engaging. Like movie nerds who go into every movie with a Cinema Sins checklist of "plot holes" which are the sole determining factor of if the movie is good or not, and at least 2/3rds of the time the "plot hole" is either stuff they didn't understand or irrelevant surface level details that have no bearing on the movie but that's all they care about so it must all fit perfectly and logically at all times.

The idea that it's a plot hole if the character isn't a perfectly rational logical actor on the path to achieving their goal is death and I hate it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

John Cena was a shoot fighter under his Albanian alias.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

*beededededoop* Matt. It’s me, Kenny-Omegaman. Wanted to let you know there’s an exploding shoe in the backstage area. You can put on this pyrotechnic footwear anytime. Use the laces to attach the exploding shoe to your foot. You can lace the shoe criss-cross or use a variety of lacing styles depending on how tight you want the shoe.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Are we totally sure it was the shoe and that Moxley's head just can't do that after suffering a bunch of damage?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

A Fancy Hat posted:

Are we totally sure it was the shoe and that Moxley's head just can't do that after suffering a bunch of damage?

I have no blood, but I must bleed

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Shard posted:

I have no blood, but I must bleed

That was my favorite exchange during the scrum, when MJF was answering the question on whether he felt slighted that the title match didn't close the show:

MJF: "No, because why would I want to roll around in Jon Moxley's blood?"
Tony: "Actually, he was the only one who didn't bleed in that match."
MJF: "Really?"
Tony: "Yeah."
MJF: "Hmm. Go figure."

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

He's clearly bleeding here. Tony watch the product

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/mattkoonmusic/status/1663615265559437312

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Are you allowed to criticize aew - can't wait for this on the level, unbiased discussion

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
That exchange about who did or didn't bleed was about Yuta, not Moxley. Sorry for being a stickler. Mox bleeds in 95% of his matches and he wouldn't dare keep all his blood in him during a PPV main event. Again, sorry. But it was Yuta they were talking about.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Shard posted:

Are you allowed to criticize aew - can't wait for this on the level, unbiased discussion

You're allowed to criticise AEW, but personally I wouldn't recommend it

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Creating your own space by being a paid shill

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I think this thread occasionally puts us in an extra defensive mode, because we've had a few comments of "Yeah I'm not sure if I missed something before the exploding sneaker spot" get treated the same as "this is outlaw mudshow crap that only the guys backstage enjoy! Are we to believe the Jacksons have magical powers now?" or like it's coming from someone who obviously doesn't watch AEW.

But also I do want the Bucks to have magical sneaker and basketball related powers which become the focal point of some of their matches.

Yes!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
A real detective here
https://twitter.com/skvnxy/status/1662986451858931712

lmao this guy tweeted it at like three different people

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 21:54 on May 30, 2023

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

Crapple! posted:

I'm sorry for how you were treated, Crapple! I hope you won't be dissuaded from sharing your thoughts in the future. One time I was lambasted for saying I thought The Acclaimed were bad. I feel your pain.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
I didn't like the explosion thing because I thought it looked like poo poo but ymmv

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

apophenium posted:

One time I was lambasted for saying I thought The Acclaimed were bad.

There is no way this could have happened because I have it on good authority that everyone loves the Acclaimed

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
Matt had to do the exploding shoe bit so no one would remember the American Dragon pulling himself down a handrail into a trashcan.

(The spot was great, but it's also a very silly visual.)

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

fez_machine posted:

A real detective here

lmao this guy tweeted it at like three different people

This guy once said the biggest highlight in life was attending every WWE Thunderdome.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Cult of Pies posted:

This guy once said the biggest highlight in life was attending every WWE Thunderdome.

I would have preferred being on the AEW drug floor.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Drakkel posted:

Imo wrestling is actually at its best when cool poo poo just happens. It doesn’t have to make sense. It just needs to look badass. A dude having an exploding super kick is badass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Crapple! posted:

God you’re insufferable lol