Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is there a more convincing way to make slayer in sf6 than a guy that moves and dresses like jp but with dandy step and marisas punch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Glagha posted:

Probably won't play that much of it but I'm glad it's there and I'll probably try to finish it eventually.

You probably won't play much of the 25 hour long mode but you'll probably try to finish it eventually?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Once you beat world tour mode, is there any replay value out of it?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Can you keep beating up random grandmas while wearing your favorite "I'm about to level up and you look like just enough XP" T-shirt?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

once credits roll you can still explore the full world and do quests and master stuff and all that.

There is also a set of post-clear quests, of which I could do the first few and the current one I have legitimately no idea how to progress right now.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Evil Canadian posted:

once credits roll you can still explore the full world and do quests and master stuff and all that.

There is also a set of post-clear quests, of which I could do the first few and the current one I have legitimately no idea how to progress right now.

I was just watching your review on YT right now and came across that bit about world tour lol. Good to know!

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Necrothatcher posted:

It's a 15-20 hour-long story-focused RPG, a ridiculous amount of effort has gone into making it, and World Tour is being heavily advertised as a worthwhile single-player experience in order to draw new players in. It's not some Tekken Bowl-style side mode, World Tour is literally the first thing on the top menu. And it looks like this:

this looks fuckin' rad

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

thebardyspoon posted:

You probably won't play much of the 25 hour long mode but you'll probably try to finish it eventually?

Yes? Like I'm probably not going to focus on it much but I'll probably play bits of it, might focus it down if I get the urge? I don't understand what's difficult about this

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Oh, any of the cool reviewer types here can tell me if they have added any more hair options compared to the Demo?
I tried recreating myself in the Demo but none of the hair and facial hair options were good enough for that.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Twiddling my thumbs, waiting for GMG to send me my Steam key for pre-loading.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
i have not played the game but the reviews i've watched make the World Tour mode look exactly as stupidly goofy as a SF story mode should be tbqh, and i'm more excited by beating up grandma's waiting for their coffee order than is probably appropriate

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here
Playing at least a few hours of World Tour mode is mandatory. I refuse to hang out in the lobbies in Luke's gross hand me down gym clothes. I can't show my face online until I've found some pretty goth as hell dress.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

You can buy clothes in the Battle Hub too

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

brainSnakes posted:

Playing at least a few hours of World Tour mode is mandatory. I refuse to hang out in the lobbies in Luke's gross hand me down gym clothes. I can't show my face online until I've found some pretty goth as hell dress.

I will wear them until the servers shut down.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Is it possible to have world tour avatars fight amongst themselves?

I want to create a guile/dhalsim move avatar

Sonic boom
Teleport
Let the salt flow

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here
Yeah I know. But I can't go into the battle hub to buy new clothes until I've found some better clothes first.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/1663441109387972608?s=20

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Miching Mallecho posted:

Yes.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Miching Mallecho posted:

Sonic boom
Teleport
Let the salt flow

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I get that people in the know look at the World Tour mode and realize it's ultimately a side thing, and the vs mode is where the real "game" is, but as far as how Capcom is marketing the game, World Tour is very much meant to be a reason to buy the game. If a reviewer approaches the game and doesn't like the World Tour, I don't think it's right to say "you can't say it negatively impacts the game, it's just side content".

I may disagree with the opinion about the review with regards to the World Tour (in that they seemed to not actually be interested in the idea of it at all, whereas I'm all in on the goofy Frankenstein story), but I would much rather see someone's actual views on what they played, positive or negative. It also helps to know the World Tour also runs like complete rear end on release. We knew this was gonna be the case, but it's still disappointing.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Momomo posted:

I get that people in the know look at the World Tour mode and realize it's ultimately a side thing, and the vs mode is where the real "game" is, but as far as how Capcom is marketing the game, World Tour is very much meant to be a reason to buy the game. If a reviewer approaches the game and doesn't like the World Tour, I don't think it's right to say "you can't say it negatively impacts the game, it's just side content".

I may disagree with the opinion about the review with regards to the World Tour (in that they seemed to not actually be interested in the idea of it at all, whereas I'm all in on the goofy Frankenstein story), but I would much rather see someone's actual views on what they played, positive or negative. It also helps to know the World Tour also runs like complete rear end on release. We knew this was gonna be the case, but it's still disappointing.

That non-FG website someone posted earlier seemed to have liked the singleplayer.

https://www.rpgsite.net/feature/14269-street-fighter-6-world-tour-mode-review-how-does-it-stack-up-as-an-rpg

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

It's everything I ever wanted

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Lol Capcom just quietly sliding Denuvo in at the last minute.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gutcruncher posted:

Lol Capcom just quietly sliding Denuvo in at the last minute.

Better than a rootkit

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

It just occurred to me that they quietly added Denuvo the moment reviews came out. They left it out of the game until critics were done with it so it wouldn’t impact their score.

I gotta say, I respect the balls it took to do that

Edit: like if Disney screened a “review friendly” The Little Mermaid for critics and then the version that makes it to theaters is the real one with a 20 minute uncensored rape scene

Jack Trades posted:

Do big time reviewers ever mention Denuvo?

No but they’ll mention “it’s weird how there game chugs for no reason”

Gutcruncher fucked around with this message at 16:31 on May 30, 2023

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Gutcruncher posted:

It just occurred to me that they quietly added Denuvo the moment reviews came out. They left it out of the game until critics were done with it so it wouldn’t impact their score.

Do big time reviewers ever mention Denuvo?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Gutcruncher posted:

Edit: like if Disney screened a “review friendly” The Little Mermaid for critics and then the version that makes it to theaters is the real one with a 20 minute uncensored rape scene

Probably not the best comparison

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
did anyone manage to get g-sync to work with the game? the benchmark tool doesn't even appear to have fullscreen mode, and my g-sync is not engaging

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Gutcruncher posted:

I hate having to defend loving DRM but Denuvo only affects performance in cases where idiot developers implement it wrong. There have been several high profile cases where the public have gotten access to both a Denuvo and a Denuvo-less version of a game and comparisons always confirm that.

Plus the benchmarking tool they are freely distributing, which obviously doesn't have Denuvo, also chugs quite a bit during the World Tour stages.

There's plenty of viable arguments you can use to critique DRM, such as Denuvo, but the performance ain't it.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Can someone explain why I need to buy a 75ft ethernet cable to go from the router to the PS5 instead of using wifi?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Phenotype posted:

Can someone explain why I need to buy a 75ft ethernet cable to go from the router to the PS5 instead of using wifi?

Information going via the air has a tendency to be lost on it's way to the other player, in the way it doesn't when it goes via the wire, and fighting games are particularly susceptible to that, creating an unpleasant gaming experience, especially for the other guy you're playing against.

It's good manners to use the wire, but at least SF6 will allow people that are bothered by it to decline matches against wifi players.

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004
With flaming Canadians and such :(

Phenotype posted:

Radio interference, channel fading, and other things that can cause signal degradation can make packets drop and essentially cause rollbacks to occur more frequently compared to wired connections.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Jack Trades posted:

I hate having to defend loving DRM but Denuvo only affects performance in cases where idiot developers implement it wrong. There have been several high profile cases where the public have gotten access to both a Denuvo and a Denuvo-less version of a game and comparisons always confirm that.

Plus the benchmarking tool they are freely distributing, which obviously doesn't have Denuvo, also chugs quite a bit during the World Tour stages.

There's plenty of viable arguments you can use to critique DRM, such as Denuvo, but the performance ain't it.

Regardless of how well we assume it’ll work at release, capcom still left it out exactly long enough for reviews to come out before putting it in. They left the DRM out until the people who could publicly complain about it pre-release are all done reviewing it.

That’s both sneaky and funny

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Wireless can be good but the problem is that there are only so many channels and they start to crowd. That's the real culprit of wifi sadness. The "internet of things" where everything has a built in radio and is constantly sending keep-alives doesn't help.

If you're out in the middle of nowhere with no other competing networks it's very acceptable, but that almost never happens. Even in my rural area I'm getting my neighbor's security cams, some fuckin random transmissions from my electrical meter, my vehicle charger, etc etc.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Does sf6 have a normal matchmaking system not tied to the battle hub? I haven't seen it. I'm also cautious about the game behaving like strive and putting me into random possibly empty lobbies when I hit quickmatch or w/e, but I guess it's too early to tell if that's happening.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jinh posted:

Does sf6 have a normal matchmaking system not tied to the battle hub? I haven't seen it. I'm also cautious about the game behaving like strive and putting me into random possibly empty lobbies when I hit quickmatch or w/e, but I guess it's too early to tell if that's happening.

It does.

You can even queue for Ranked while you're also queued for Casual while you're also walking around a Battle Hub, if you want to.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Pockyless posted:

Radio interference, channel fading, and other things that can cause signal degradation can make packets drop and essentially cause rollbacks to occur more frequently compared to wired connections.

Is this even a real thing in 2023 or is it just another case of gamer superstition?

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Phew ok

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

When a pre drm, reviewer copy of the game leaks out to pirates we can laugh at capcoms sneaky plan backfiring and congratulate all the Belorussian teens that get to play world tour for free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004
With flaming Canadians and such :(

Jinh posted:

Yes