Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

PhazonLink posted:

was he?

seems like he was playing the bad guy. but he's not a bad guy.

It might be self-sabotage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Between his tantrum on the beach during the eat/throw/balance task and his face during the get the ball through the hoop task I'm pretty sure Nish really wanted to at least do better than he did.

Phigs fucked around with this message at 23:37 on May 29, 2023

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Going by what Mark said on the podcast he was playing to win the whole time

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Creature posted:

The episode where Alice surprises Alex with his PIN inside an egg is on at the moment. It’s a fun task.

And then she brought a ticket to the the tube to a prize task.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
I forgot how much fun Tim Vine is. The tracksuit task followed by the ‘heaviest plastic bag’ task. Classic Taskmaster.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Creature posted:

I forgot how much fun Tim Vine is. The tracksuit task followed by the ‘heaviest plastic bag’ task. Classic Taskmaster.

I honestly don't get his appeal.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Alhazred posted:

King of the dad jokes.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

RickRogers posted:

King of the dad jokes.

That’s pretty much it. I don’t think I’d ever go to see a show of his, but I enjoy his daggy puns in small amounts. It’s pretty much all I recall of The Sketch Show as well.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Creature posted:

That’s pretty much it. I don’t think I’d ever go to see a show of his, but I enjoy his daggy puns in small amounts. It’s pretty much all I recall of The Sketch Show as well.

Bingo; similar for Milton Jones and Jimmy Carr for me as well.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Alhazred posted:

Same. I would like S6 a hell of a lot more without him in it; he drags it down hard for me in a way that makes me honestly feel kind of uncomfortable to watch. I don't know what it is about him, he just yucks me out

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I think him losing the ladder hook thing somehow is top 10 TM thing ever.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Asim had it right "Tim Vine is a lovely man, a wonderful man. But he's loving weird."

But at the same time, Liza Tarbuck is a loving weirdo too. If it were just one or the other I think the season would have been better.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Her majesty the cream

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Tim Vine achieved the impossible of making me laugh at a pun. Granted, he made dozens that didn't hit to get this one, and a lot of it was the setup that Taskmaster did for him, but he eventually got there. Tracksuit

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Just got out of filming season 4ep1 of TMNZ
Boy it's gonna be a good one

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

Spiteski posted:

Just got out of filming season 4ep1 of TMNZ
Boy it's gonna be a good one

Great to hear! This is the first NZ seasons where I knew who all five of them were when announced...because they've all been on Guy Montgomery's Guy Mont-Spelling Bee earlier in the year. For the benefit of the others in the thread who watched it, they are

Dai Henwood
Karen O’Leary
Melanie Bracewell
Ray O’Leary
Sieni Leo’o Olo (aka Bubbah)

Ray appeared in S3 as Josh Thomson's doppelganger.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Any relation between the two O'Learys? I assume not else the article would have mentioned, but I'm curious.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

neongrey posted:

Any relation between the two O'Learys? I assume not else the article would have mentioned, but I'm curious.

Pretty sure not, both from different areas and I think if siblings/relations were on the show they'd have plastered it everywhere

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Karen o'leary is awesome on wellington paranormal, this looks like a great cast.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

Kingtheninja posted:

Karen o'leary is awesome on wellington paranormal, this looks like a great cast.

That''s where I know the name from - a fantastic show that I'd recommend to anyone here

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

I will miss Team Angry Dad and His Disappointing Son.

I will also miss Kiells' baffled face in the studio as he realises how he hosed up a task.

I will not miss that creepy puppet Mae brought in, good lord, that was amazingly horrible!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Irisi posted:

I will miss Team Angry Dad and His Disappointing Son.

I will also miss Kiells' baffled face in the studio as he realises how he hosed up a task.

I will not miss that creepy puppet Mae brought in, good lord, that was amazingly horrible!

I have a feeling Greg gave it five because he didn't want to upset Mae's dad.

It definitely looked like Alan Sugar.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
Have to say, Copy Alex Mk II is a work of intricate genius. The individual actions look random at first, but they're actually almost all interwoven. Skipping an early step (which seems to carry quite a light penalty) almost always screws you over in a later step. If you elected not to eat your banana, you can't put the skin in the jar, etc. And of course it's Ivo who treats us to a proper display of that.

Think I would have given the edge to the team of two in their final task, because their lullaby was properly tailored to their chosen profession. Team of three turned it into "artist baby", and lost sight of the professional angle.

Edit: If like me you watched on demand, you won't have seen the S16 teaser, so here's the twitter version
https://twitter.com/taskmaster/status/1664376092210380800

Heavy_D fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jun 1, 2023

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
SUE PERKINS????????????????

e: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

edit again: this is the first I've seen of Susan Wokoma and she already seems great

Leraika fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jun 2, 2023

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ok hooray they revealed them! Lucy Beaumont definitely seems like she’s gonna end up as an all-timer contestant she is a hilarious lunatic. This was the first I’d seen of Sam but he’s extremely good. Sue and Julian great of course. Susan is the one I got the least of a sense of (idk if that makes sense grammatically I am tired) from the taping but she did seem funny. It’s a great group and the premiere is amazing, cannot wait for the whole season

The task from that vid isn’t from the premiere if anyone was wondering

e: oh gently caress Susan was in Year of the Rabbit! well she was amazing in that so

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jun 2, 2023

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It really speaks to the strength of prize tasks in this series that Frankie's high concept death bag only got one point, and it was fair.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Funniest thing to me was the start of the episode. I'm sitting there wondering if we'll see an unlikely upset and immediately Kiell goes -3 and then -5 to Mae lol.

Still a fun episode though I thought. Definitely going to miss Frankie and Ivo, as well as Kiell. Jenny was fun too but I won't miss her more than the average Taskmaster contestant and Mae was delighful but boring.

Frankie and Ivo were the Taskmaster team I never knew I always wanted and Kiell was like an Ed Gamble competitive indignity machine turned up to 11.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Heavy_D posted:

Have to say, Copy Alex Mk II is a work of intricate genius. The individual actions look random at first, but they're actually almost all interwoven. Skipping an early step (which seems to carry quite a light penalty) almost always screws you over in a later step. If you elected not to eat your banana, you can't put the skin in the jar, etc. And of course it's Ivo who treats us to a proper display of that.

It's easy to say what I'd do watching from home, but considering that I don't like the texture of bananas I'd like to think that I'd eat (lol) the 10 seconds and peel the banana so at least I was in parity with Alex.

Also, I fully expect I wouldn't think of that in the moment.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

I think you could've just skipped all the copying and still gotten a pretty good score.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

Another great moment I forgot to gush about: Kiell's impressions of the other four contestants deciding not to use the hose. Particularly enjoyed the notion that Jenny would try to use it, fail to find it, and give up in the span of 10 seconds.

Gonna have to show Alex a yellow card for patter theft though: you can't take the best joke from the S13 finale ("...and Bez") and reuse it in the S15 finale without it being really jarring.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

sam is a total freak, this is going to be great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSQawQVLrCw

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

i'm a roadman

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Phigs posted:

Funniest thing to me was the start of the episode. I'm sitting there wondering if we'll see an unlikely upset and immediately Kiell goes -3 and then -5 to Mae lol.
Plus there still definitely a team task to come, which outside of some freak event had to be a +0. Once Mae was looking competent at the water task it was clear she wasn't going to blow her overall lead.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Pinwiz11 posted:

It's easy to say what I'd do watching from home, but considering that I don't like the texture of bananas I'd like to think that I'd eat (lol) the 10 seconds and peel the banana so at least I was in parity with Alex.

Also, I fully expect I wouldn't think of that in the moment.

Repeating literally nothing would land you in second, I believe. But it's a risky strategy.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
My strategy would be to do as much as possible while Alex was still doing it (I don't think the card said you could only do stuff 'on the clock') then watch the clock to press at the right time. But now my strategy would be to do nothing then press the clock ten seconds late.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I wouldn't be surprised if they get Jon involved in a solo task for Lucy somehow.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Pablo Bluth posted:

My strategy would be to do as much as possible while Alex was still doing it (I don't think the card said you could only do stuff 'on the clock') then watch the clock to press at the right time. But now my strategy would be to do nothing then press the clock ten seconds late.

It said something about “only directly after Alex” so I don’t think you could do that.

Paladinus posted:

Repeating literally nothing would land you in second, I believe. But it's a risky strategy.

I think doing nothing is actually the winning strat. Most actions took more than 10 seconds, so if you just immediately mashed the button your “turn” would only take 1-2 seconds, leaving you with an enormous amount of time above Alex, because the penalty was only -10 seconds

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

Mae's Greg puppet looked just like Harry Hill's Lord Sugar puppet. Uncanny.

It was a shame that the studio task was a bit of a damp squib through no fault of their own.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Did forfeiting a turn add 10 seconds to your time, or 10 seconds to the difference in your times?

Logically it should be scored the second way, but this show seldom logical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

reality_groove posted:

Mae's Greg puppet looked just like Harry Hill's Lord Sugar puppet. Uncanny.

When Mae demonstrated it, I couldn't help but think back to Iain out of his seat doing a whole Thing about puppets, lmao.

Also, second half of the outtakes dropped:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogGPLmgthUY