Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

sourdough posted:

I didn't like 3 very much but 4 is really good

I liked 3 a lot actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I will say that I don't care that much for Mari Illustrious Makinami however.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i dont do gunpla stuff but there's a local store run by a chinese guy who does insane builds that's fun to visit.

it is sick looking

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
international model toy

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
That rules

Mock Turtle
Jul 19, 2022

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Remembering the absolutely deranged JoJos order some big anime youtuber (FAIL) disseminated onto the normie population and I've seen the effects still to this day....

in awe at how awful this is and refuse to believe it has any real influence.. like how does someone even begin to approach a completely linear series in this way lmao

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i dont do gunpla stuff but there's a local store run by a chinese guy who does insane builds that's fun to visit.

it is sick looking

this dude owns

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

gimme your best magic treehouse reading order

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

the goosebumps timeline

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

pog boyfriend posted:

everyone watch zeta gundam please its good

Mobile Suit Gundam (Gundam '79), Mobile Suit Z (Zeta) Gundam, and Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ (Double Zeta) are all great and worth watching if you have time for some long anime series about hobbits piloting giant robots and war being bad.

Also good:

-Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket

-Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team

-Mobile Suit Gundam Wing

-Mobile Fighter G Gundam (fair warning that this is more goofy super-robot than the other Gundams on this list and it's probably the source of all the meme Gundams you see people post pics of)

-Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans

-Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury

Plant MONSTER. posted:

anyone know if that kid with pneumonia recovered yet?

The guy posted that his daughter was getting tested for asthma after that, so hopefully she's feeling better and the doctors are finding some long-term treatments for her.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Nuns with Guns posted:

Mobile Suit Gundam (Gundam '79), Mobile Suit Z (Zeta) Gundam, and Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ (Double Zeta) are all great and worth watching if you have time for some long anime series about hobbits piloting giant robots and war being bad.

Also good:

-Mobile Suit Gundam Wing

-Mobile Fighter G Gundam (fair warning that this is more goofy super-robot than the other Gundams on this list and it's probably the source of all the meme Gundams you see people post pics of)

and turn a gundam op. also if you watch 0079, zeta, and zz, watch chars counterattack

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Nuns with Guns posted:

Also good:

-Mobile Suit Gundam Wing

The guy posted that his daughter was getting tested for asthma after that, so hopefully she's feeling better and the doctors are finding some long-term treatments for her.

no Turn A

efb

also IBO is my new favorite "watch this if you've never watched a gundam before" rec because it's its own universe, it's modern, looks really good, sticks to its themes, and is mostly written well but with hints of Gundam Cruft in it so if someone watches it and gets hung up on Naze Turbine I know not to tell them to watch Zeta

Psycho Landlord fucked around with this message at 18:08 on May 30, 2023

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

pog boyfriend posted:

and turn a gundam op. also if you watch 0079, zeta, and zz, watch chars counterattack

That one is good, too. Oh and Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn.

There's a lot of Gundams.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I won’t watch the gundam show but I love the model kits

Very relaxing and fun to build

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I don't particularly dig giant robots.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

ban this guy

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

there's a reason people love giant robots
/[

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

idgi?

i also do not care about giant robots.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
In Gundam, the robots are something of a metaphor.

Also in Zeta Gundam the robot turns into a space fighter jet.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

new honeypot thread

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

still not selling me on, it, tbh. but i'm more of an akira fan.

but it's cool, the great thing about pop culture is there's tons of it and i don't have to like all of it.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

NoiseAnnoys posted:

idgi?

i also do not care about giant robots.

not trying to be weird or anything but what turn exactly that you took in life do you think caused you to have this view?

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Been thinking about trying to get into a Gundam series or two. Mostly so I don't feel stupid building models that I dunno what they are because those look fun.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Remembering the absolutely deranged JoJos order some big anime youtuber (FAIL) disseminated onto the normie population and I've seen the effects still to this day....

im going to attack this guy in the style of a chimpanzee

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Our first windows pc, the only two games I started with were monster truck rally and mech warrior. I feel like that shaped a lot of my life.

Also, on orders 9 and 10 in death stranding. I can't tell, still, if I'm good or bad at this game.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

IGgy IGsen posted:

not trying to be weird or anything but what turn exactly that you took in life do you think caused you to have this view?

dunno, just never really got into the idea of driving a big ol' me-shaped vehicle. i can only speak for myself, obvs.

my intro to anime was more through lupin, cowboy bebop, ghost in the shell, and akira. so i guess that's the sort of vibe that resonates more with me than the mecha stuff.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

UwUnabomber posted:

Been thinking about trying to get into a Gundam series or two. Mostly so I don't feel stupid building models that I dunno what they are because those look fun.

watch the gundam 0079 movies if you are trying to get in

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I will say that the shots framed around tits and asses were a little jarring given the tone of the rest of the thing, but I’m getting used to it.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Nuns with Guns posted:

In Gundam, the robots are something of a metaphor.

Also in Zeta Gundam the robot turns into a space fighter jet.

The robots in Gundam are a metaphor for how kick-rear end giant robots are.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i wish gundam and gundam committed warcrimes were real.... anime ftw

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
char did what now

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

IGgy IGsen posted:

i like when the robots are small

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i wish gundam and gundam committed warcrimes were real.... anime ftw

lets drop a colony on our posting enemies :cabot: :mufasa:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

fun hater posted:

Excellent username+post combo

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

NoiseAnnoys posted:

still not selling me on, it, tbh. but i'm more of an akira fan.

but it's cool, the great thing about pop culture is there's tons of it and i don't have to like all of it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

fun hater posted:

You should watch Armored Trooper VOTOMS

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

UwUnabomber posted:

Like pog boyfriend said, the Gundam 79 movie trilogy is a decent start. It's the original series edited down to three movies. You're missing a lot of the side stories and it's skipping a lot of the middle of the series, but if you don't have the time, it's fine enough as an intro. Or go for the full series. Zeta Gundam is a direct sequel but it's also fairly standalone. It gets really grim at the end though. Double Zeta after that takes a lighter tone but not farcically, just a mostly-serious show with some amusing moments.

If you want something shorter, War in the Pocket is a good OVA with great animation, but also sad and can get reasonably graphic.

The 080th MS Team is also a good short, standalone OVA. It has some 90s legally-mandated tits out every episode, but otherwise I really like it. It was made at almost the exact same time Sunrise was also creating Cowboy Bebop and so many of the character designs and other aesthetics feel like they could be transposed over to Bebop so it has a kind of comforting nostalgia for me there.

G Gundam is its own goofier thing, like I said. Gundam Wing is also its own universe and very... of its time but still pretty Gundam-y as far as political drama stuff goes. Iron Blooded Orphans and Witch From Mercury are also their own continuities and are the newest series, so they've got a modern polish and budget to them and still have a good Gundam vibe re: War Is Bad, and space politicking.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
pew pewww. guhguhguhgugh tsssssssssuuuuiiuuuuuwpuccccggggghhhhh

feed your inner child.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Watch G-Gundam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I like big robots and I like Gurren Lagann because the robots just keep getting bigger and bigger