Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Toxic Mental posted:

Holy

These are their allies lmao

I'm sorry what?

Have these people been sleeping through the giga curb stomping of our time carried out by the gender fluid hypergay upon the ultra masculine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Toxic Mental posted:

A lot of people in the western leftist circles have a self-punishment / self-hate fetish in 2023. The George Galloway types. I think it's great that they're so willing to expose themselves online about Ukraine for everyone to see because it's clearly repulsive to people with a normal moral compass. I forget who said it but it was something like it's a way for white western men to co-opt a distorted version of civil rights movements and marginalize themselves mentally. i.e. "No, you can't be the one to blame, WE'RE the one to blame. Your country's crimes pale in comparison to ours", etc.

I think you're being charitable. The public left, like Galloway and Greenwald et al, are just using the war to promote their otherwise stale and lagging brands. It's a hook for their dwindling audience, a cash cow for their flagging incomes. There's no money in "Well, I still have problems with the West's history, but aiding an invaded country in threat of annihilation, or at minimum, totalitarian oppression by an imperialist, is something I can get behind." In their niche, there's no money in that, certainly no click money. It's despicable.

As for the broke brained guy next door I have no explanations except they are uneducated and thus vulnerable to these money grubbing charlatans.

Flavahbeast posted:

idk both glenn and that guy read like twitter clickbait to me

Exactly. It's a way to get back into the limelight.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
They've even performed lesbianics upon entire battalions, if memory serves, according to some reporting.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I promise to laugh if Putin is murdered by his own before he dies of pantshitting

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo check this out

zone
Dec 6, 2016

mobby_6kl posted:

Be off with you, and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

mobby_6kl posted:

I'm more appalled that this Oz person wants me to Paypal them a coffee ("or two"!) for... retweeting stuff? Do people have no shame anymore?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

mobby_6kl posted:

I had never once heard her name in connection to Russia, while I know a lot of pro-Russia people were talking about her because they loathe Biden, I'm legitimately a bit confused at this whole turn of events.

e: Looking at comments in that tweet chain, yeah, looks like she's been close to Butina and co from the start.

Deki fucked around with this message at 20:44 on May 30, 2023

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Deki posted:

I had never once heard her name in connection to Russia, while I know a lot of pro-Russia people were talking about her because they loathe Biden, I'm legitimately a bit confused at this whole turn of events.

e: Looking at comments in that tweet chain, yeah, looks like she's been close to Butina and co from the start.

She also attended this lovely event.

https://chicagocitywire.com/stories/630046574-this-is-quite-the-spectacle-center-for-political-innovation-opens-chicago-office

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
                  TERRRRD
                        /

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

mobby_6kl posted:

I, uh...

Was not anticipating this being a thing.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

mobby_6kl posted:

The headline is wrong, She's Defective in Russia, not defected to Russia.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Emote material

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

bad_fmr posted:

Emote material

:tankie:

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Samovar posted:

I, uh...

Was not anticipating this being a thing.

hey, nobody likes a long commute and sometimes you gotta just relocate to be closer to the office.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Zero VGS posted:

I'm more appalled that this Oz person wants me to Paypal them a coffee ("or two"!) for... retweeting stuff? Do people have no shame anymore?

Yeah, that struck me as pretty tacky.

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1663634596498481154

What a weird story, though.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Zero VGS posted:

I can assure you that this Oz person is not me, I repost poo poo completely free of charge

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
"ugh, can you believe people say I have ties to Russia?" I say at a Russian propaganda event to a known Russian agent while asking for Russian citizenship.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

BLYAT.jpg

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yes, that is way better than what I did.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Karate Bastard posted:

TERRRRD
                        /

:gary:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
The thin red line - back the blyat.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
You taint Krust (pbuh) with this comparison

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

So upset about being a russian stooge they defect to russia and act like this is vindication, lmao

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Big

energy

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Cyka my dick, you blyatman

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
When the dust settles, and this war is over, someone will compile a list of the most notable blyats. There have been some very memorable blyats.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Man the later Red Alert games sure had some wild cutscenes.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Seagal and Reade at a wedding ceremony with a big Z above them

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

Deki posted:

You don’t hang around with enough leftists. This women’s story was used as Exhibit A for why Biden was a rapist and if you vote for him you support rapists. There was even entire threads here just for discussing her story.

It’s exactly 0% surprising that she turned out to be a Russian asset after writing a bunch of weird pro Putin articles before her Biden claims.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1663655902950326272
Another angry temper tantrum coming soon. Pootin must be very upset about this morning.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1663655902950326272
Another angry temper tantrum coming soon. Pootin must be very upset about this morning.

I wonder if the little probing attacks into Russia are purposefully to elicit this response knowing now how well the UA AA works.

Let Russia throw a tantrum, waste their 'good' munitions' then when Ukraine goes on the counter-offensive they have that many less missiles to defend with.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
tara reade more like terror eat

zone
Dec 6, 2016

pro starcraft loser posted:

I wonder if the little probing attacks into Russia are purposefully to elicit this response knowing now how well the UA AA works.

Let Russia throw a tantrum, waste their 'good' munitions' then when Ukraine goes on the counter-offensive they have that many less missiles to defend with.

Wouldn't be a useful strategy at all. For the purpose of the war, they still have a huge, huge supply of dumbfire missiles for their air defense systems. They're running short on "precision" munitions and can't make that much more per month, but the dumbfire missiles do a huge amount of damage to civilian targets on the daily. They can fire 20-40 per day wherever they want even up to the end of the year and they would still have a few thousand left, IIRC. This is after Ukraine's managed to destroy more than a few missile dumps and even capture some during the great Kharkiv goodwill gesture. It's more viable to make them waste missiles on drones, however, near front line targets.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Yeah uh another 10 drones shot down over Moscow. According to Russia. Could be a lie but lol just lol.

QUAGMIRE?

nyet. Росииа муяе

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na, BLYATMAN!