Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
I will never read and you'll never make me. All those book quotes I post? Just randomly made up fake posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

the ivory tower will fear your power

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

planning to read a book free of ideological tint. any ideas?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

an ikea assembly booklet??

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Zodium posted:

Maybe a cookbook? Wait, no. Perhaps a survival cookbook that is purely based on material conditions in your life and death situation? There's no ideology in eating worms and drinking your own piss.

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Maybe a cookbook? Wait, no. Perhaps a survival cookbook that is purely based on material conditions in your life and death situation? There's no ideology in eating worms and drinking your own piss.

Maybe not for you

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Joke's on you it's written by a paleolibertarian

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

paleolibertarian

me am keep sweat of brow

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Zodium posted:

the wealth of nations

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

imagining someone piling up a pile of fascist writings to read from the local library

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Brendan Rodgers posted:

survival strategy is an ideology for bald guys

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

cum jabbar posted:

survival strategy is an ideology for bald guys

Isn't that more a power fantasy of having a bunker with a food supply etc while everyone else dies?

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

in a collapse, i will simply go out into the wilderness and hunt for food with my gun

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

biceps crimes posted:

in a collapse, i will simply go out into the wilderness and hunt for food with my gun

Oops, climate change killed all wildlife and the water is poisoned. You die of dysentery

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Isn't that more a power fantasy of having a bunker with a food supply etc while everyone else dies?

hmmm yes

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Zodium posted:

Farmer's almanac maybe?

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

FlapYoJacks posted:

Oops, climate change killed all wildlife and the water is poisoned. You die of dysentery

*strokes my bald ideology head and beard* hmm well in that case, I'll have been living off the grid for years and will have amassed a hoard of bullets and guns. I will simply outlive everyone. CHeckmate

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Just a Moron posted:

Farmer's almanac maybe?

quote:

Other pieces that have attracted attention over the years include:
[...]
- The 2001 campaign to name an official National Dessert (readers resoundingly responded in favor of traditional apple pie).

Sorry, that's political

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

biceps crimes posted:

*strokes my bald ideology head and beard* hmm well in that case, I'll have been living off the grid for years and will have amassed a hoard of bullets and guns. I will simply outlive everyone. CHeckmate

Climate change made the forest near your cabin dry due to decades of drought. A forest fire burns everything to the ground and you flee by jumping into a nearby polluted lake. You live through the forest fire but some water got into your mouth. You die of dysentery.

FlapYoJacks has issued a correction as of 00:26 on May 31, 2023

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Everyone else has the same idea and got all the wild game.

You have died. Would you like your possessions identified? y/n

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

skooma512 posted:

Everyone else has the same idea and got all the wild game.

You have died. Would you like your possessions identified? y/n

sifting through and identifying all my mint-condition funko pops would probably get the next guy killed so N

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
win the lottery build giant under ground bunker with a nuclear reactor and hydroponic farming

you may refer to it as a dome if you wish

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
It really seems to bother most people when I say my plan for when things get "really bad" is just to die lol.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Source4Leko posted:

It really seems to bother most people when I say my plan for when things get "really bad" is just to die lol.

You will likely die of dysentery

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Sorry, that's political

goons:

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

tell them you plan to sing and dance in the ashes

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

FlapYoJacks posted:

You will likely die of dysentery

Sounds better than killed by chuds sign me up

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

idk dysentery sounds like a bad way to go out compared to a bullet in the dome

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

you ever danced with ExxonMobile in the forest fire light?

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

fatphobic and food shaming

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

FlapYoJacks posted:

Climate change made the forest near your cabin dry due to decades of drought. A forest fire burns everything to the ground and you flee by jumping into a nearby polluted lake. You live through the forest fire but some water got into your mouth. You die of dysentery.

I remember this part of Oregon Trail

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.
found this tweet on the floor

https://twitter.com/DrTELS/status/1663686925922828291

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

oops all warm water

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

Source4Leko posted:

smh at this guy who doesn't have a map with a safe route past all the warlord territory to the utopia of climate proof Duluth.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

hahahaha this is incredibly grim and foreboding as hell

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
hmm weird all the ocean water is incredibly warm. so weird. why could that be happening?

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003

Hell Nino

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Stereotype posted:

hmm weird all the ocean water is incredibly warm. so weird. why could that be happening?

My bad. I peed in it.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

You shee *schniff* the very hungry caterpillar *rubs nose* represents the shubject under capitalism in search of the object of desire. Despite continuous *tugs collar* *schniff* consumption of commodities, the caterpillar is unable to fill his *schniff* lack. It is only when the caterpillar turns back on himself in the reflexive pose *schniff* that he is able to evolve his shubjectivity and shed the trappings of false consciousness. The book very slyly *schniff* implies that it was through the consumption of commodities that the caterpillar obtained personal freedom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

Just a Moron posted:

You shee *schniff* the very hungry caterpillar *rubs nose* represents the shubject under capitalism in search of the object of desire. Despite continuous *tugs collar* *schniff* consumption of commodities, the caterpillar is unable to fill his *schniff* lack. It is only when the caterpillar turns back on himself in the reflexive pose *schniff* that he is able to evolve his shubjectivity and shed the trappings of false consciousness. The book very slyly *schniff* implies that it was through the consumption of commodities that the caterpillar obtained personal freedom.