Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Mantis42 posted:

How does Raising Cane's feel about trans rights? Their chicken ain't amazing but it's made up by the dippins

They believe in One Love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

World Famous W posted:

chikfila is pretty standard chicken and ill never understand why it draws such a large crowd they sometimes slow down regular traffic with their drive thru lines

I mean, I'm no fan of Chik Fil A but the chicken is relatively good, everything is fresh, lines move hella fast no matter how long they are and the staff are polite. I live in the south and it's a big deal here for sure. It's not my thing (fast food in general isn't) but I get why people like a trip to CFA.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

World Famous W posted:

chikfila is pretty standard chicken and ill never understand why it draws such a large crowd they sometimes slow down regular traffic with their drive thru lines
Yeah idgi, it's fine, I ate there sometimes before I found out some amount of the money I paid went right to denying me civil rights, but there's easily better chicken places with shorter lines in my town so there's no real reason to ever go even if they weren't anti-gay

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Chick Fil A is brined chicken, it's OK but not good enough to give them money.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
I eat there about once a month. Extremely reliable food. Always consistently good.

You can boycott all the corporations you want. They literally all suck. I live in a suburb of a major city. All I have is massive corporations to go to. If you support local stores in Texas you're just sending campaign contributions to Trump indirectly. There is no moral purchasing decision in a capitalist economy.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
We do not need to pretend that all companies are equally bad or good; ethical decisionmaking includes the relative outcome of actions.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Jesus III posted:

I eat there about once a month. Extremely reliable food. Always consistently good.

You can boycott all the corporations you want. They literally all suck. I live in a suburb of a major city. All I have is massive corporations to go to. If you support local stores in Texas you're just sending campaign contributions to Trump indirectly. There is no moral purchasing decision in a capitalist economy.

*bong rip*

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Levantine posted:

I mean, I'm no fan of Chik Fil A but the chicken is relatively good, everything is fresh, lines move hella fast no matter how long they are and the staff are polite. I live in the south and it's a big deal here for sure. It's not my thing (fast food in general isn't) but I get why people like a trip to CFA.
ive lived in alabama my whole life. it's just ok, only thing special is some dill in the batter brined the meat

they built one a decade or so ago on the major blvd through here and it without fail slows traffic down every morning

edit: forgot ut was brined and not just dill in batter

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 19:59 on May 30, 2023

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

World Famous W posted:

waffle fries
Edit: I have not eaten their in literal years because of their poo poo politics, but I still remember the waffle fries.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Weatherman posted:

*bong rip*

Really, vape rip, but surprisingly accurate.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

World Famous W posted:

ive lived in alabama my whole life. it's just ok, only thing special is some dill in the batter brined the meat

they built one a decade or so ago on the major blvd through here and it without fail slows traffic down every morning

edit: forgot ut was brined and not just dill in batter

I mean, I don't much care for fast food, and I really don't care for their politics, but I'm comfortable calling it an above average experience and I think that's why it's so successful. I wont go there but I think I understand why people do.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Jesus III posted:

There is no moral purchasing decision in a capitalist economy.

"No ethical consumption under capitalism" doesn't mean "give money to the worst people ever, it doesn't matter" it means no matter what you should try to do your best with what you have available, but there is no perfectly moral solution available to basically anyone.

killer_robot
Aug 26, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Just give all your money to 10cent, Alibaba and FoxConn. problem solved.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

killer_robot posted:

Just give all your money to 10cent, Alibaba and FoxConn. problem solved.

I just have my paychecks direct deposited to Microsoft

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
What are they still going on about here? Is 'voter fraud' just going to get screamed nonstop regardless of ejectors outcome until the heat death of the universe?
https://twitter.com/DC_Draino/status/1662893154977083395?t=jFtXj8shNDickaW-y3_7Ow&s=19

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It doesn't matter, they will claim this until they die

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Jaxyon posted:

"No ethical consumption under capitalism" doesn't mean "give money to the worst people ever, it doesn't matter" it means no matter what you should try to do your best with what you have available, but there is no perfectly moral solution available to basically anyone.

That phrase always seems like a slippery argument because anyone who says that probably does have a limit:

Would they buy ¡Jeb!'s guac bowl?
Vacation at Trump properties?
Buy brownies from a KKK bake sale if they were like really good brownies?
Hire Ghislaine Maxwell as their wedding planner?

If not then it just seems like a way to justify doing what they want to do rather than some kind of principled cynicism.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Yes it's often used as a justification for not doing anything.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Jaxyon posted:

Yes it's often used as a justification for not doing anything.

That's so often it. "There's no ethical consumption under capitalism" always feels the favorite chaser to shots like like "Individual actions against climate change don't matter as long as the big companies you buy your stuff from are polluting way more than you". A rousing call to inaction.

I mean, no one can keep their hands perfectly clean in a complex world and we all have limited bandwidth to identify and avoid the greatest harms, but there's definitely a whole lot of people who don't act on this level because it's a sucker's bet and oh who said I was acting on any other level either?

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Jaxyon posted:

Find me a major company that isn't just as bad. Besides, since the Chik-Fil-A boycott, they have only gotten bigger. I'd say it's actually helped them.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Oh no. This so bad. So very bad!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Why would you ever eat a chick fila while Popeye's draws breath?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

HootTheOwl posted:

Why would you ever eat a chick fila while El Pollo Loco draws breath?

Yeah ok you might not live on the west coast, and you may prefer fried to grilled, but a point must be made

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Popeye's is way too greasy for me. I prefer Culver's.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
This is the wrong kind of right wing media

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I heard that Los Pollos Hermanos was to loving die for

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

BiggerBoat posted:

I heard that Los Pollos Hermanos was to loving die for

I tried the popup at Expo park. Really overyhyped and completely average chicken, but at least I got a selfie with Giancarlo Esposito so it was a good day

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

Why would you ever eat a chick fila while Popeye's draws breath?

Honestly, put a regular chicken sandwich side by side from the national fast food chains, and chick-fil-a doesn't really hold up as a clear favorite. Especially after everyone went nuts trying to copy the Popeye's fried chicken sandwich.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

There’s probably a race element with chick-fil-a being a very aggressively white place to get fried chicken as well. I’m sure there’s all sorts of cultural baggage in the requirements for employees to be aggressively polite and wish everyone a good afternoon or whatever is in the handbook.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Popeyes also introduced the blackened chicken sandwich for those who don't like fried.
It was even better and I vastly prefer my chicken fried.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Neito posted:

Otakon doesn't count.

The one time I tried Popeyes it was kinda gross, but I refuse to ever eat at KFC since they gave me the worst food poisoning I've ever had, and I think they've got some weird fundie poo poo going on too.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Agents are GO! posted:

The one time I tried Popeyes it was kinda gross, but I refuse to ever eat at KFC since they gave me the worst food poisoning I've ever had, and I think they've got some weird fundie poo poo going on too.

KFC is owned by Yum! Brands, which is publicly held/traded and, afaik, fairly typical restaurant conglomerate (one of the smaller ones). They're unlikely to be any kind of right wing fundamentalist, although it is true that for fairly complex reasons restaurant chains have a particularly high likelihood of being owned by groups like that.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Discendo Vox posted:

KFC is owned Yum! Brands, which is publicly held/traded and, afaik, fairly typical restaurant conglomerate (one of the smaller ones).
Yum! also owns Pizza Hut and Taco Bell.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Discendo Vox posted:

KFC is owned Yum! Brands, which is publicly held/traded and, afaik, fairly typical restaurant conglomerate (one of the smaller ones).
For many years they were owned by Pepsi (along with Long John Silvers and A&W and Pizza Hut and Taco Bell), because Pepsi figured the only way they could break Coke's stranglehold on fast food fountain drinks was to buy up and operate their own chains of restaurants and force them to switch from Coke to Pepsi. A little while back Pepsi spun them off into their own company (Yum!, as you mentioned) and probably still owns a big share of it.

CtrlAltDeath
Oct 24, 2003

Your bra bomb better work, Nerdlinger!
All this discussion over Chick-fil-A when the clearly superior chicken restaurant is Chicken Galore:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Why is Chicken Galore the place for ribs?

CtrlAltDeath
Oct 24, 2003

Your bra bomb better work, Nerdlinger!

I AM GRANDO posted:

Why is Chicken Galore the place for ribs?

Get a load of this person who hasn't ever experienced chicken ribs

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

chaoticgeek posted:

All this discussion over Chick-fil-A when the clearly superior chicken restaurant is Chicken Galore:

So are you supposed to want to gently caress the chicken?

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
As a former butcher the number of times people have asked me for chicken beef ribs is astronomical.

Also people asking if we have gluten free ground beef. We did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Professor Beetus posted:

So are you supposed to want to gently caress the chicken?
Buddy,