Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Vandar posted:

Alright, I'm out of the loop. Who is this woman and why have people been meme-ing the hell out of her?

Yeonmi Park. She defected from North Korea, grifts on tall tales of the excesses of the Kim regime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Vandar posted:

Alright, I'm out of the loop. Who is this woman and why have people been meme-ing the hell out of her?

She's an 'escapee' of North Korea, and is notorious for claiming things which are pants-on-heads stupid about the current regime which has done nothing except make her look lunatic and undermine ACTUAL accusations against the regime.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
North Korea and China are countries where someone from there can say basically anything to Western media and they'll largely be treated as someone speaking gospel truth if it's negative about the government. I'm not defending them, there's tons of actual evidence that they do horrible things to their citizens, but people will also buy any bullshit someone says about them.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Feels like it feeds into a weird dehumanization of North Koreans as brainwashed pseudo-borgs, too, instead of treating them as, like... regular human people that are living under both an extremely oppressive government and the economic sanctions of other governments in response to said oppression. Which, I am definitely not saying give the regime more resources to spend on, idk, probably really dumb rich person poo poo for the Supreme Leader, just saying that sort of thing probably bites at the heels of an average citizen a lot harder than it does for the leader, and it's okay to recognize that, that isn't excusing the human rights abuses of the government.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Samovar posted:

She's an 'escapee' of North Korea, and is notorious for claiming things which are pants-on-heads stupid about the current regime which has done nothing except make her look lunatic and undermine ACTUAL accusations against the regime.

Just to illustrate this, she claimed that there is no word for "love" in North Korea, so people there cannot express love for their children or partners. There are greatest hits videos on YouTube but it's basically her just rattling off complete nonsense while Joe Rogan says WOW

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
https://twitter.com/pastapilled/status/1661509831004389376?cxt=HHwWgICwveyY744uAAAA

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

greazeball posted:

Just to illustrate this, she claimed that there is no word for "love" in North Korea, so people there cannot express love for their children or partners. There are greatest hits videos on YouTube but it's basically her just rattling off complete nonsense while Joe Rogan says WOW

She's a genius

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Vandar posted:

Yeonmi Park is now meme shorthand for "liar, exaggerator".

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Look there's no reason to doubt Park's stories. KJU probably does die 4-6 times a year whenever she needs a tweet to do numbers.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I saw a video where she was clearly struggling to think of a ridiculous thing to exaggerate so she told everyone that in north Korea they are forced to eat mud and just push gobbles of muds into their mouth as they sit knee deep in the mud

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

But without the anarchism.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/1663549331503480833?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/wondermeg_/status/1662454909353033730

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Thread:

https://twitter.com/drnifkin/status/1663546940238483459?t=UF8_pRUCPAwPOFK-IHbiOQ&s=19

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

lol

Edit; why is it flagged as sensitive content??

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Heath posted:

lol

Edit; why is it flagged as sensitive content??

Like every single time this comes up, the answer is that this person just has that set as an account-wide default by either her or Twitter moderation.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I'm starting to think that person doesn't have a doctorate nor are they a Jesus-like pussy expert.

Ornamental Dingbat has a new favorite as of 16:38 on May 30, 2023

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I'm starting to think that person doesn't have a doctorate nor are they a Jesus-like pussy expert.

Actually both are true

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

:nws: https://twitter.com/drnifkin/status/1663321307772071938 :nws:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Hindenburg can get it.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Age restricted, what is this for people who dont want to help inflate musks numbers?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
It's boobs with the prompt "The Hindenburg".

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
A topless woman with the caption "The Hindenburg".

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I feel like a Jesus-like knowledge of pussy would be fairly limited, actually.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

And the LORD spake: Lay atop thy wife and peest thou within to get her with child.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/alffansandorra/status/1663589786500595730?s=46

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/slandrroid/status/1663571637122355202?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Morpheus posted:

I feel like a Jesus-like knowledge of pussy would be fairly limited, actually.

Matthew 26 says that while on trial Jesus couldn't be found guilty of any crimes against Jewish law so the pharisees had to falsely accuse him. This means we can assume he didn't gently caress:

- his mother
- his father's wife
- more than one wife at a time
- any other non-wife woman while married
- any same-sex partners
- any non-human beings

That narrows it down a bit, but given that we don't have any evidence for him being married still leaves him plenty of room for slaying some biblical puss on his days off. He kept notorious low company after all.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/DerBren/status/1663500637739384832

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Fake news.

Michelangelo famously worked from a tall, slender, and irregular block of marble that had been sitting in Florence for thirty‐seven years and had been roughed out by Agostino di Duccio.

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 01:51 on May 31, 2023

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Platystemon posted:

Fake news.

Michelangelo famously worked from a tall, slender, and irregular block of Travertine marble that had been sitting in Florence for thirty‐seven years and had been roughed out by Agostino di Duccio.
Did you not stop to consider that I liked Michelangelo's David before di Duccio.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

zedprime posted:

Did you not stop to consider that I liked Michelangelo's David before di Duccio.

Are you saying you liked Michaelangelo's David when it was underground?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

...a house?
I mean, that looks like a house to me. Which is what is presumably supposed to be in residential-zoned areas?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

The Lone Badger posted:

...a house?
I mean, that looks like a house to me. Which is what is presumably supposed to be in residential-zoned areas?

Its groverhaus

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

The Lone Badger posted:

...a house?

you mean to say groverhaus isn't burned into some corner of your brain https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2555

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
ya'll didn't have to rename the thread after me, i don't think i've even posted in here in a while

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

zoux posted:

And the LORD spake: Lay atop thy wife and peest thou within to get her with child.

hosed up that he spake that

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Trabant posted:

Extraordinary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Trabant posted:

A truly sensible chuckle