Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

AARD VARKMAN posted:

here's a nightmare i had last night that jerked me awake. not pictured: extremely loud bellowing

I'm not normally afraid of giraffes :shrug:

possible PTSD from watching Norwegian 80s children shows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KwegiboHB
Feb 2, 2004

nonconformist art brut
Negative prompt: amenable, compliant, docile, law-abiding, lawful, legal, legitimate, obedient, orderly, submissive, tractable
Steps: 32, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 520244594, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 99fd5c4b6f, Model: seekArtMEGA_mega20

||ε-εθ(xₜ, t)||²
Negative prompt: noise
Steps: 48, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 2, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 99fd5c4b6f, Model: seekArtMEGA_mega20, Denoising strength: 0.48, Clip skip: 2, Version: v1.2.1, Hires upscale: 2, Hires steps: 48, Hires upscaler: 4x-UltraSharp

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I'm not normally afraid of giraffes :shrug:

I think it's ok to be afraid if a giant animal stuck it's head into your house.
Also, a giraffe's tongue is black, thank you Salute Your Shorts.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 08:14 on May 29, 2023

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I know they say don't judge a book by its covers, but I would listen to the songs on these albums without reading the band or title.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

It's AI, it's art, it belongs here.

It's been said many times, but all this is going to get so loving weird going forward. What do we do when you can no longer trust your eyes and ears, like, at all.

https://twitter.com/C3PMeme/status/1661751839463981056

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I've never seen someone lose the republican nomination so fast since jeb bush

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Yeah uh, we might even have to go back to the era of relying on trusted media sources like Glenn Beck, Alex Jones, and cryptic posts on 4chan

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

mcbexx posted:

It's AI, it's art, it belongs here.

it's a pro trump meme account it belongs in the garbage

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Yeah but that video is pure anti Ron, you can enjoy the video.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

GaryFrenchkiss
Dec 25, 2022

Prompt was a zombie selfie taken during the apocalypse, ruined London backstreets, shot on Polaroid camera.

Incredible results almost every time, lots of fun, MJ seems really good at making random zombies and Polaroid style I felt gave it a nice post apocalyptic feel.

GaryFrenchkiss fucked around with this message at 15:46 on May 29, 2023

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Works okay for werewolves , but it seems more like a lad's night out from his expression...

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

That baby is rad as hell and I would totally party with him.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Space baby is almost certainly some pirate clan's mascot & they will blow your fuckin shuttle up for any disrespect

They also sell space weed ofc

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Colorful Cute Space Pirate Babies is a cheerful prompt.

GaryFrenchkiss
Dec 25, 2022

Some New York MET gala themes...

Dress in molten lava

Dress as a tardigrade

Dress in custard

GaryFrenchkiss fucked around with this message at 22:27 on May 29, 2023

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
i'm having that thing again where i literally cannot get anything to come out right and everything isn't working right even old prompts and seeds so here enjoy a big cyberpunk trailer inspired image

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Some watercolor creatures. I like those origami scenes!

KwegiboHB
Feb 2, 2004

nonconformist art brut
Negative prompt: amenable, compliant, docile, law-abiding, lawful, legal, legitimate, obedient, orderly, submissive, tractable
Steps: 32, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 520244594, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 99fd5c4b6f, Model: seekArtMEGA_mega20

The Fallen Heroes of Basic Schooling
Negative prompt: their sacrifice was necessary
Steps: 32, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 1, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 99fd5c4b6f, Model: seekArtMEGA_mega20, Denoising strength: 0.48, Version: v1.2.1, Hires upscale: 1.5, Hires steps: 32, Hires upscaler: 4x-UltraSharp

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

This is awesome!

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

GaryFrenchkiss posted:

Prompt was a zombie selfie taken during the apocalypse, ruined London backstreets, shot on Polaroid camera.

Incredible results almost every time, lots of fun, MJ seems really good at making random zombies and Polaroid style I felt gave it a nice post apocalyptic feel.

Feeling cute, might eat some brains later IDK

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Future Time magazine covers.

They seem vaguely dystopian so probably accurate. Good job AI!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I decided to give bard the reins

SD 2.1
Positive prompt:
A beautiful and serene forest scene, with a winding river flowing through it. The trees are tall and green, and the sunlight is filtering through the leaves. There is a sense of peace and tranquility in the air.
Negative prompt:
No people, animals, or buildings. No signs of pollution or damage. The forest is in its natural state, and it is thriving.

I did not modify Bard's prompts I even left the period in.

It doesn't seem to understand negative prompts but oh well!

Positive prompt:
A majestic mountain range, with snow-capped peaks and lush green valleys. The sun is setting behind the mountains, and the sky is ablaze with color. There is a sense of awe and wonder in the air.
Negative prompt:
No people, animals, or buildings. No signs of pollution or damage. The mountains are in their natural state, and they are thriving.

I linked the imgur links back to Bard since it said it could view them, (I'm 99% sure it cannot and is just piping info back at that it provided) the bullshit part is even when I've tried sending other things it just goes "I like how the sunlight reflects off the rocks" and I side eye my Bigfoot in a boat drinking rum I guess you could call him a pile of rocks.... When I hard pressed and asked Bard to describe the image in great detail it told me it could only do basic descriptions right now.

Earlier Bard was trying to gaslight me into thinking there's a reminder feature it went as far as asking for my cellphone or email (I gave it a throw away email) it didn't work and when called on it claimed it could only schedule them 14 days in advance at the earliest so in 2 weeks I get to thumb that down for the Google Team. I love how much Bard lies.

Sumerian Telecom
Aug 27, 2022

Is AI art good now? Has it gotten good yet? I haven't checked in a while but am very curious - what do you think?

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Is AI art good now? Has it gotten good yet? I haven't checked in a while but am very curious - what do you think?
Steps: 30, Sampler: Euler a, CFG scale: 7, Seed: 3062446911, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 3cc11263b7, Model: protogenInfinity, Version: v1.3.0

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Sumerian Telecom posted:

Is AI art good now? Has it gotten good yet? I haven't checked in a while

Created with Draw Things running locally on my iPhone 12.

DPM++SDE Karras 9 steps, text guidance 7.0 768x512, model is OpenJourney. Seed is 3096361588

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 03:50 on May 31, 2023

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Sumerian Telecom posted:

if a generated image of blurry 2am dashcam footage of a methed-out Gary Busey about to get hit by a car doesn't convince you, I don't know what will.

edit: also this ape

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 03:54 on May 31, 2023

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

GaryFrenchkiss posted:

Some New York MET gala themes...

Dress in molten lava

Dress in custard

My art major museum curator friend is requesting Dress in Velveeta

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
It's kinda like asking if pencils make good art now. Some people use it to make good art. Some people eat the erasers.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Yeah I think it's looking good these days, just my opinion

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KwegiboHB
Feb 2, 2004

nonconformist art brut

Steps: 32, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 3, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 99fd5c4b6f, Model: seekArtMEGA_mega20, Denoising strength: 0.48, Version: v1.2.1, Hires upscale: 1.5, Hires steps: 32, Hires upscaler: 4x-UltraSharp

Speaking of 'gotten good yet?', I stumbled upon a ControlNet inpainting workflow that should emulate Adobe Firefly's Generative Fill.
https://github.com/Mikubill/sd-webui-controlnet/discussions/1464
Prompted or promptless inpainting and outpainting.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

feedmyleg posted:

All variations on "35mm still photograph from Spartacus (1960) of [x], Ancient Greece, trees, Ancient Roman forum, prehistory, togas, background image"

I'd imagine a similar approach would work.

I speak in the idiom of Bing's Dalle, and I'm getting nothing I'm asking for. Where's the "wings stay on/wings fall of" switch on this thing? Which one of these models named for alphanumeric strings is your general-purpose model? These are unusual, cause it usually only paints figure. These are actually the best I've gotten so far and they're awful.

KwegiboHB
Feb 2, 2004

nonconformist art brut

Hadlock posted:

My art major museum curator friend is requesting Dress in Velveeta

New York Met Gala, Dress In Velveeta, haute culture, cheesy puns
Negative prompt: worst quality, fleshpile, zombie, captcha, graffiti, blurry, monochrome, greyscale, lineart, draft, minimalist, cartoon, anime, fullmetamorphosis <lora:GoosebumpsBookCover:1>, <lora:add_detail:-1>, <lora:add_sharpness:-.6>
Steps: 48, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 1, Size: 512x768, Model hash: 99fd5c4b6f, Model: seekArtMEGA_mega20, Denoising strength: 0.48, Version: v1.2.1, Hires upscale: 1.5, Hires steps: 32, Hires upscaler: 4x-UltraSharp

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

Mescal posted:

These are actually the best I've gotten so far and they're awful.

Results like that make me think "pencil" is off the mark in terms of a tool analogy. You can't accidentally end up with a highly rendered spatially coherent pencil drawing that doesn't at least mostly depict what you intended to, subject-wise. Even if you eat the eraser.

Of course somebody could still interpret your image differently than you intended: "I think the gladiator pities the skeleton and doesn't actually want to kill it (again)," "I think the skeleton represents the gladiator, we're seeing how forced combat erodes all souls," "it really looks more like they're just dancing!" on and on forever.

When AI gets it "right" you get your intended subjects, maybe some action, usually a mood, and definitely a style. But it still has to make up the half-dozen (or half-thousand) little details that are the difference between "friends putting on a show," "hated enemies," "a bored veteran doing their job" or the trillion other possibilities a situation might evoke. With a pencil you can at least try for one.

A closer analogy might be something like Houdini or other procedural software, where random seeds can substantially influence the final outcome, and it's totally possible to set up a project, hit "run" and be surprised by a result (beyond just an error or crash).

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, that's not how analogies work.

In any case, you get better results the more practice you have and the better you understand the tools you're using.

The tools are improving rapidly, but how well you use them is still going to constrain your output for at least the foreseeable future.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Prolonged Panorama posted:

Results like that make me think "pencil" is off the mark in terms of a tool analogy. You can't accidentally end up with a highly rendered spatially coherent pencil drawing that doesn't at least mostly depict what you intended to, subject-wise. Even if you eat the eraser.

Of course somebody could still interpret your image differently than you intended: "I think the gladiator pities the skeleton and doesn't actually want to kill it (again)," "I think the skeleton represents the gladiator, we're seeing how forced combat erodes all souls," "it really looks more like they're just dancing!" on and on forever.

When AI gets it "right" you get your intended subjects, maybe some action, usually a mood, and definitely a style. But it still has to make up the half-dozen (or half-thousand) little details that are the difference between "friends putting on a show," "hated enemies," "a bored veteran doing their job" or the trillion other possibilities a situation might evoke. With a pencil you can at least try for one.

A closer analogy might be something like Houdini or other procedural software, where random seeds can substantially influence the final outcome, and it's totally possible to set up a project, hit "run" and be surprised by a result (beyond just an error or crash).

Fine you want unintended results baked in? It's like photoshop filters. Something that can require actual skill and knowing how to combine them just so to get the desired effect is an art, one that can result in getting pure bullshit instead of the cool flame text you wanted. (Last time I wanted to make flame text was probably like 2008 and was like 5 filters there's probably a simple flame text plugin now)