Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

pog boyfriend posted:

zeta gundam has the best ending in anime imo. so changing the ending is a camel piss manouever - and lets not also forget that the goal of watching the UC series is to watch the UC series, and the new movie endings are incompatible with zz gundam. and CCA makes no sense without zeta gundams ending. so theres no real reason to bother with them. plus zeta gundam is just very good in general except for the weird sexist writing that i cant believe nobody said "hey tomino what are you doing" to. Well it was a different time. anyone want to buy into a multi level marketing program i am opening

I want to clarify that I consider myself a nerd who cares. I think the ending to the series is better and leads into all the subsequent series, but I didn't want to present my opinions as universal because I'm not really tapped into the wider gundam fandom or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
08th MS Team is the best Gundam show. Zaku II is the best mecha design. You can disagree with this opinion, that's fine; but you're wrong.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
I liked Gundam Wing

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Grassy Knowles posted:

I liked Gundam Wing

:yeah:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD2346AopZA

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don’t think I’ll watch the show but I love the kits

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Watching The Holy Mountain. Is this representative of anime in any way? I can only assume it is

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

pog boyfriend posted:

Oh! Thats a baseball!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Any time this comes up someone always says that the pinnacle of it was Char's Counterattack.

I just learned that G Gundam was released before Gundam Wing, yet the cowards at Cartoon Network decided to air Wing first and let it get all the glory.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 02:03 on May 31, 2023

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
G-Gundam is perfect in every way and also has my second favourite instance of Canadian representation (best is Bear Hugger from Punchout)

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I remember MS Igloo being great as well.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Snow Cone Capone posted:

i'm late but has anybody seen the 3-movie trilogy they did of zeta gundam?

They're bad, unlike the MSG comp movies. Watch the show.

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

I remember MS Igloo being great as well.

Igloo is weirdo zeon apologia and looks like rear end

Grassy Knowles posted:

I liked Gundam Wing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7SloE7AjqI

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

if you like gundam you should import the Singapore version of Gundam Breaker 3 (which is the only version in english lol (it works on a regular PS4 though)), it's loving tight. the meta-narrative is about some weird rear end pokemon/yugioh tournament style thing with actual gunpla models but the gameplay is presented as like a beat 'em up taking place in "actual" locations with scale-accurate gundams. There's dozens of kits across the history of gundam up to that point, and you can ram them together, place stickers, change the colors, and even the special abilities and super moves to create your own original mech or some horrible abomination or another. it even has parts from some of the wackier gundams like the centaur one or the ball. Because they use actual kits you can also get a part list in-game with the model numbers and just buy the pieces you'd need and make it IRL too. They even have a line of parts that's in the big scale they do.

Do not get the latest one, New Gundam Breaker, it's bad. They took one of the best elements of the series, smashing together parts to create a custom mech, and made it worthless by basing the main gameplay loop about losing your parts and having to scavange other people's parts mid-fight lol.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Gundam Battle Operation 2's PC port launches tonight on Steam

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtI0Aal3C6w&t=61s

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

just an absolutely batshit show. loved it

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Nuns with Guns posted:

They completely change the ending and that's divisive among nerds. They're also shorter while trying to recap a longer series than the 79 Gundam anime, so they're way harder to follow blind.

pog boyfriend posted:

zeta gundam has the best ending in anime imo. so changing the ending is a camel piss manouever - and lets not also forget that the goal of watching the UC series is to watch the UC series, and the new movie endings are incompatible with zz gundam. and CCA makes no sense without zeta gundams ending. so theres no real reason to bother with them. plus zeta gundam is just very good in general except for the weird sexist writing that i cant believe nobody said "hey tomino what are you doing" to. Well it was a different time. anyone want to buy into a multi level marketing program i am opening

:thanks:

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Mr. Fix It posted:

just an absolutely batshit show. loved it

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Otaku Elf, OP

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Heath posted:

Watching The Holy Mountain. Is this representative of anime in any way? I can only assume it is

having watched that for the first time a few nights ago, i can only compare it to like FLCL and even that's not that accurate. indescribable movie

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.

Danaru posted:

G-Gundam is perfect in every way and also has my second favourite instance of Canadian representation (best is Bear Hugger from Punchout)

Fun fact: the English VA for Domon is now an orthopedic surgeon in BC. My wife’s cousin apparently had him for a hip surgery.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Heath posted:

Watch the video for L.E.S. Artistes by Santigold next

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

if you want a cool weird anime movie watch Dead Leaves

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
If you want a cool weird anime movie watch Millennium Actress

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
annimee

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

I once knew someone named Anna May Lastname and she liked anime too

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

But back then we called it Japanimation

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Gundam Wing had the best fighting game of all time.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

If you want a cool weird anime movie watch Redline

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

wologar posted:

Gundam Wing had the best fighting game of all time.

hell yeah this game owned

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Snow Cone Capone posted:

hell yeah this game owned

Was that on SNES? I vaguely remember there being some shockingly good gundam fighting game for that system.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Frank Frank posted:

Was that on SNES? I vaguely remember there being some shockingly good gundam fighting game for that system.

yeah and it was one of the earlier ROMs to get a translation patch if you were that big of a nerd like i was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7N46Bcf6xo

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Psycho Goreman is anime

Maybe idk

Just watch it

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
read and watch Angel Denetsu

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

everyone watch cat soup. you can find the whole thing on youtube i think and its a great short film

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Snow Cone Capone posted:

yeah and it was one of the earlier ROMs to get a translation patch if you were that big of a nerd like i was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7N46Bcf6xo

I was worse. I had the Japanese converter plug in and bought the actual game via mail order from the back of an EGM magazine. You didn’t really need to be able to read Japanese to play it.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol translation for a fighting game just push buttons bro lol just button mash

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

I mean that’s why it was an early translated game; was far less difficult to approach than the big RPGs

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

anime

Grassy Knowles posted:

I mean that’s why it was an early translated game; was far less difficult to approach than the big RPGs

i'm pretty sure it was literally just win quotes and ending text lol

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Snow Cone Capone posted:

If you want a cool weird anime movie watch Redline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
studio ghibli makes some pretty good animes; there's one about a pig who flies warplanes