Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

What’s the weirdest discovery y’all have made while exploring.

I’d share an example of mine, but uh…I can’t actually think of anything right now :sweatdrop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Waffleopolis posted:

I want a botw/TotK game with friendly monsters. I wanna to befriend a kind bokoblin without the use of the mask.

I blame Final Fantasy 4 and Super Mario RPG, but it was a serious overlook on Nintendo's part to not include a Monster Village in the underground. How rad would it meet some goblins that had a change of heart and had lil' side missions for you.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

CatstropheWaitress posted:

I blame Final Fantasy 4 and Super Mario RPG, but it was a serious overlook on Nintendo's part to not include a Monster Village in the underground. How rad would it meet some goblins that had a change of heart and had lil' side missions for you.

a lynel who you can ride into battle after doing a series of sidequests for him

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Rochallor posted:

I would love for the last of these Zeldas to return to Termina, except it's several hundred years in the future and Clock City is a huge bustling metropolis with sizable but not huge open areas outside the city. Let's turn that lens inward and let Link Spider-Man his way up church steeples and make friends with potion shop owners.

This has a lot of potential but it also just makes me want to replay Jak II.

But yeah imagine the opening skydive into Hyrule in this one but instead of an open field you’re plummeting from the roof of a skyscraper into a dense cityscape.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Pirate Radar posted:

But yeah imagine the opening skydive into Hyrule in this one but instead of an open field you’re plummeting from the roof of a skyscraper into a dense cityscape.

This would be dope as hell.

I could also see a Minish tiny area being a thing. Maybe also biggify/smallify powers.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Pirate Radar posted:

Queue the Switch catching on fire.

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
Does the "whip" effect actually do anything on a weapon? All the Tails fuse to provide that effect, but it doesn't seem to actually do anything beneficial, especially not to make up for the reduced damage compared to horns.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

I’d share an example of mine, but uh…I can’t actually think of anything right now :sweatdrop:

Yesterday I landed on a sky island and part of it fell down. I chased after it and it went straight into a chasm. Going down the same chasm was a dragon, so I tried to land on it, then my temperature gauge lit on fire and I started to burn alive, so I teleported out.

The whole experience was crazy and unexpected and ended in a panic.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

PageMaster posted:

Does the "whip" effect actually do anything on a weapon? All the Tails fuse to provide that effect, but it doesn't seem to actually do anything beneficial, especially not to make up for the reduced damage compared to horns.

it extends your weapon's range

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

PageMaster posted:

Augus posted:

it extends your weapon's range
it also looks cool/stupid, and that's a benefit all on its own

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Why the hell are there no Windows on any of the Rooms you can buy :argh:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Pollyanna posted:

It's not really a huge spoiler, but it does give you a schematic.

I decided to see if the shrine of resurrection was still around. You can go in the cave, but it's all run down and being used as a secret Yiga storage site.

But then if you defeat them, there's a construct in there who gives you the plans for a laser shooting master cycle knockoff :buddy:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Sab669 posted:

It's funny you can rotate them any direction but absolutely nothing inside changes to respond

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

poor life choice posted:

Do I have to feed the fused weapons to an octorok before unfusing, or is the above all it takes?

Oh yeah you gotta feed it.

Blaziken386 posted:

im aware of that but that still means i gotta grab another weapon and take the trip over to pelison. it's not hard but it is slightly tedious. it's very much a "oh, you want to use this? this sword? only if you enjoy jumping through hoops, idiot!!"

Sure, but it's five minutes of effort to keep a weapon that would otherwise take a whole rear end diamond to fix, and it's still in line with the durability mechanic. It means you don't actually have to worry about using cool weapons.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Pollyanna posted:

I forgot to take off the Yiga cloths once and went into Gerudo Town and they threw me in prison lol

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Augus posted:

I forgot to take off the Yiga cloths once and went into Gerudo Town and they threw me in prison lol

I did the same in Kakariko village. Dorian told me that was in pretty poor taste, which made me remember his side quests from BoTW and then I felt like a dick.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Captain Hygiene posted:

It's not really a huge spoiler, but it does give you a schematic.

I decided to see if the shrine of resurrection was still around. You can go in the cave, but it's all run down and being used as a secret Yiga storage site.

But then if you defeat them, there's a construct in there who gives you the plans for a laser shooting master cycle knockoff :buddy:

What the hell? I sought out this cave yesterday and it was empty

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

John Wick of Dogs posted:

What the hell? I sought out this cave yesterday and it was empty

I thought the same too, but apparently there's a hole in the ground in the back

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Sab669 posted:

Too hard to handle rendering the outside from inside a custom house they’ve got to load in, probably.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
What game is the Dusk claymore from?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

RatHat posted:

I think its one of the swords the Sages are stabbing Ganondorf with at his execution scene in Twilight Princess?

Edit: Yep, looked it up and its right from there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksHrg_tSGqw

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

RatHat posted:

Twilight Princess, it was the sword the Sages tried to Execute Ganondorf with.
Considering he uses it during the final showdown with Link, it didn't go so well for them.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

PageMaster posted:

the whole tail whip is a hurtbox
it's especially obvious with boomerangs, it like quadruples their mid-flight AOE

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

a lynel who you can ride into battle after doing a series of sidequests for him

Yes. exactly.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lol attaching gibdo bones to your arrows is insanely strong

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Augus posted:

That’s basically the only use for them anyway since they always break after 1 hit on weapons.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

How about on the korok spear?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I don’t that counts as a “bursting” material

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Augus posted:

attaching gibdo bones to great eagle/lynel bows means you no longer have a bow, you have a shotgun

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Blaziken386 posted:

attaching gibdo bones to great eagle/lynel bows means you no longer have a bow, you have a shotgun

Yeah it fuckin' rules.

Also if you have enough lynel/eagle bows lying around to be willing to use them out of combat attaching brightbloom seeds results in firing multiples that all light up but only cost you one seed. A well placed great brightbloom lynel shot can light up a huge section of the depths.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Puffcap on a Korok spear was a weapon I had in my pocket for pretty much the entire game after getting it.

Mykroft
Aug 25, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
I’m curious since I stumbled on it and broke the normal sequence, what normally happens after finishing the four phenomena after the castle stuff and before finding Minera’s head? How do they breadcrumb you to flying into the storm and find the Dragonhead Isle stuff? I recognized the name from the construct factory but don’t know how Purah points you in that general direction

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Mykroft posted:

I’m curious since I stumbled on it and broke the normal sequence, what normally happens after finishing the four phenomena after the castle stuff and before finding Minera’s head? How do they breadcrumb you to flying into the storm and find the Dragonhead Isle stuff? I recognized the name from the construct factory but don’t know how Purah points you in that general direction

You don't get pointed there, you get pointed to Kakariko, where you can finally tell them Zelda's a fake and read the fifth tablet. That leads them to point you at the jungle under those islands, where you can find tools to dispell the stormclouds. Still stormy, but visible.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

RatHat posted:

That’s basically the only use for them anyway since they always break after 1 hit on weapons.

I went through the final area really early and got like 2 gibdo bones and thought I found some rare super good fusing item, then last night I did the Gerudo main quest and now I have 90 of them lol. Yeah will use them on arrows since I thought "wow a weapon with 90 attack" when fusing them to a Gerudo weapon but yeah after trying it out it would be incredibly tedious to drop a lot of bones on the ground and keep fusing them to a weapon.
I thought the Gibdo in this game were pretty interesting, like some kind of weird cross between undead skeletons and an insectoid hive. It's kind of fun to speculate how they work as a species, like maybe they burrow around looking for bones beneath the earth and bring them back to the mushroom hives where they get fitted with just the "head" part that turns them into a living part of the hive. And the Gibdo Queen is just one of the big skeletons you see in the Gerudo Desert that's been converted into their hive.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Item Getter posted:

I thought the Gibdo in this game were pretty interesting, like some kind of weird cross between undead skeletons and an insectoid hive. It's kind of fun to speculate how they work as a species, like maybe they burrow around looking for bones beneath the earth and bring them back to the mushroom hives where they get fitted with just the "head" part that turns them into a living part of the hive. And the Gibdo Queen is just one of the big skeletons you see in the Gerudo Desert that's been converted into their hive.

Is there anything about them that indicates that they're actually undead, and not just a weird undead-looking bug?

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Rand Brittain posted:

Is there anything about them that indicates that they're actually undead, and not just a weird undead-looking bug?

Yeah I did think of that as a comedy option also. They're just regular creatures that only have bones and no skin/other organs. And they just happen to like hanging around old pyramids and crypts.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

wind temple boss so was i the only one whose first guess on how to handle it was to ram the fucker, and totally ignore bows

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Mykroft posted:

You can still do the entire lead-up, after having been explictly told that Evil Ghost Zelda was a Phantom Ganondorf, you can go to the forbidden ring ruin in Kakariko Village and convince Paya to open 'er up. This leads to a questline that will eventually make Dragonhead Isle more navigable, which could still be worth doing; there was a second shrine up there that I totally passed in my original blind blundering.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Ciaphas posted:

wind temple boss so was i the only one whose first guess on how to handle it was to ram the fucker, and totally ignore bows

no I did it that way too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Ciaphas posted:

You can actually do both