Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Mashiba is my main character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
lmfaoooooo Im like this awfully out of character for him… oop theres the Mashiba i know. That being said definitely hit a sore spot for Ippo.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 17 days!)

rare sighting of Itagaki's sister

godamn, ippo still holding a massive grudge from so long ago? lol. That was a really angry face there on ippo.
I do like this current mashiba. that also realizes he does love boxing deep down

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 06:44 on May 31, 2023

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
What a weirdly wholesome chapter.

Although it being deadass 14 years since Miyata had a fight is the dumbest goddamn thing. I just feel absolutely nothing for any teasing of a match with him.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I wouldn't be surprised if Miyata's management is refusing to book him matches unless they absolutely have to, on the grounds of him refusing to move up to Jr. Lightweight but having to be in dangerous physical shape to fight in featherweight

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Does Ippo have any understanding that he's stronger than everyone who isnt Takamura or Ricardo?

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

No Wave posted:

Does Ippo have any understanding that he's stronger than everyone who isnt Takamura or Ricardo?

that dumb mf been asking himself the same question since the beginning of the series and hasn't answered it yet and now he has brain damage so he'll never figure it out

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
chapter 1423

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
I am incredibly ready for the Sendo Show.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Hell yes

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Wait so which match is coming up first, Sendo vs Ricardo or Mashiba vs gunman crazyhair

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

hell yes sendo

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Holy poo poo let's go

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Hajime no Sendo

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

ROFL, trying to punch up 8 weight classes above is ridiculous

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Sendo is gonna punch his eye out

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Didn't he use a smash on Takamura the first time they met and he got super mad about it

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

GateOfD posted:

ROFL, trying to punch up 8 weight classes above is ridiculous

it's not that big of a deal. happens fairly often. the big guy works on defense and the little guy works on aggression. even with weight difference punches still loving hurt.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Sendo is going to destroy his own hand against Takemura but in doing so will clear Takemura of his blindness in one eye.

:unsmigghh:

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
this manga is still so loving funny. i was legitimately in tears when takamura popped up

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
8 weight classes is a solid difference but it doesn't mean Sendo can't win by any means. It does however mean that Takemura, who is in good shape and close to his natural weight class will completely loving destroy Sendo if it comes to trading blows. I'm guessing Sendo is gonna have defensive techniques?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Fabricated posted:

I'm guessing Sendo is gonna have defensive techniques?

physically recoiled at this suggestion

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

tbp posted:

this manga is still so loving funny. i was legitimately in tears when takamura popped up

i knew it was going to happen and i was so happy when it did.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Fabricated posted:

8 weight classes is a solid difference but it doesn't mean Sendo can't win by any means. It does however mean that Takemura, who is in good shape and close to his natural weight class will completely loving destroy Sendo if it comes to trading blows. I'm guessing Sendo is gonna have defensive techniques?
Takamura literally cant lose it's a fundamental law of the setting. Sendo can draw at best.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Terper posted:

physically recoiled at this suggestion
It's either that or the strategy is "beat the other guy before he can get warmed up and start counterattacking", which uh I don't think will work on Takemura

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Fabricated posted:

I'm guessing Sendo is gonna have defensive techniques?

Have we EVER seen anything defensive from Sendo aside from desperation clinches?

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Oh so this is how Sendo's going to die in the ring.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

wish Mashiba asked Ippo to be his second.

and Sendo too.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

sendo's going to be asking ippo to hold up his feeding tube for the rest of his life here in a bit

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

TaurusOxford posted:

Have we EVER seen anything defensive from Sendo aside from desperation clinches?

yes - when he put up the cross arm block in the last round in Sendo v Ippo II. guy knew he was near dead (as was ippo tbf) so he had to guard until he had the chance to kill ippo. too bad ippo slipped the smash and then rocked the poo poo out of him

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

in this theoretical world holding pads for two people would probably make you an insane counter puncher. it would be very funny if ippo became a counter punching in-fighter.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

the parry into counter was so sick.
when ippo gets back, just have him destroy random sacrificial SEA boxers for about 300 chapters to ride the hype

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I'm really excited to see what happens when Ippo steps back in the ring, now that he's been able to develop beyond the garbage that Kamogawa was putting in his head. There's been so many ways that it's been establishedthat Ippo's in the best condition he's ever been in. He needs to just absolutely ruin somebody.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

The Lord of Hats posted:

I'm really excited to see what happens when Ippo steps back in the ring, now that he's been able to develop beyond the garbage that Kamogawa was putting in his head. There's been so many ways that it's been establishedthat Ippo's in the best condition he's ever been in. He needs to just absolutely ruin somebody.

He's going to be his usual skeptical self until he steps in the ring and realizes most of these folks cannot hang with him anymore and I hope that moment spurs some growth for him.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I am really looking forward to like, all the fights now. Sendo, Takamura Mashiba and whenever Ippo get's back in.

It's such a huge difference from when ippo was defending the japanese title for the 50th time.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Ippo is going to accidentally murder Sendou in the pre-fight warmup for Ricardo and have to fight Ricardo himself wearing a bad wig

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

ippo going into a fugue state sparring with volg and making every single person in the room poo poo their pants is a top tier ippo moment across the comic's entire runtime

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Patware posted:

ippo going into a fugue state sparring with volg and making every single person in the room poo poo their pants is a top tier ippo moment across the comic's entire runtime

i love that it was motivated by him trying to be obsessively helpful. he really does have a boxing glove for a brain

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

*ippo shattering volgs ribs* hopefully this helps him even a tiny bit for his match *he shatters volgs eye socket* i trust that volg will win because hes so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

he was right