Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Seams posted:

Fox News’ developmental sounds about as successful as WWE’s

In terms of unsustainable business practices it’s a roaring hit. Seriously they got a half dozen beady eyed suits willing rant and rave about replacement theory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

MassRafTer posted:

He's actually one of their biggest rising stars. He sometimes guest hosts Gutfeld! so it's not unlikely he ends up hosting his own show in the near future, especially with the vacancy created by Tucker's removal. On any given day Gutfeld! is the #2 or #3 show on the network so right now he's really high visibility.

isn’t gutfield heading to the chopping block for something as well

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

isn’t gutfield heading to the chopping block for something as well

I haven't heard anything about that, Fox has been pushing it really hard claiming it is the #1 Late Night Talk Show (it's not but it was very close late last year) and the only news about it lately is that it is still going despite the writers strike, so Greg's material must be even worse than usual.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

I haven't heard anything about that, Fox has been pushing it really hard claiming it is the #1 Late Night Talk Show (it's not but it was very close late last year) and the only news about it lately is that it is still going despite the writers strike, so Greg's material must be even worse than usual.

Isn't that because it's non- union so it would be just as bad but not necessarily worse?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
But does tyrus do the thigh jiggle on fox streaming

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/TheMattCardona/status/1663348209656242176?t=Fu-HZ7kdZy0XNMshMT1Ndg&s=19

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

Isn't that because it's non- union so it would be just as bad but not necessarily worse?

Oh yeah his writers are just right wing stand ups. That stinks I was imagining Greg actually writing his own jokes instead of pretending he does.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Good on the Miz, it is never too late to learn

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Sounds like I was wrong and he did the perfect amount of sexual harassment for Fox to take him more seriously

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/bryandanielson/status/1663669592697491456

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

BCC is a BDSM cult and I'm here for it

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

ARMBAR A COP posted:

BCC is a BDSM cult and I'm here for it

Boys Doing Stretches Merrily

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

They brought him out to that desert from Bill and Ted's bogus adventure and threw him off the cliff like the intro to tekken. He climbed back up

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Two days later Yuta comes walking out with a snake necktie and lizard boots carrying his Harley-Davidson on his shoulder.

Then Bryan kicks his rear end for killing those animals.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiUa3JibKkY

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

Boys Doing Stretches Merrily

Bryan Danielson’s Sweet Matches!!!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Guaranteed this was a Mox initiative. In his book he talks about loving the country around Las Vegas, and how he used to take long hikes and bike rides out in the canyons and hills, and how he found a lot of peace and serenity out there. Bet he took his boys out there the moment he had the chance.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Guaranteed this was a Mox initiative. In his book he talks about loving the country around Las Vegas, and how he used to take long hikes and bike rides out in the canyons and hills, and how he found a lot of peace and serenity out there. Bet he took his boys out there the moment he had the chance.

At the scrum Danielson said that he’d gotten really into hiking too. I think he said they did this on the day of Dynamite..?

Blackpool Climbing Club :3:

Speaking of the scrum, Danielson also said he’s always reading poetry and not one of those philistine journalists asked him what poets he liked :colbert: I’d love to know

Answers Me fucked around with this message at 09:53 on May 31, 2023

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Bryan is definitely an ecopoetics guy.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mr. Squishy posted:

It's worth pointing out that the Bucks like Bobby Fish. When he was in AEW, they called him "the funniest guy in the locker-room."

Credit where it's due, it's hard to find a funnier two minutes of someone talking

https://twitter.com/JanelGlass93192/status/1661244323009294336

I've been to funerals that weren't this quiet this long

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Answers Me posted:

At the scrum Danielson said that he’d gotten really into hiking too. I think he said they did this on the day of Dynamite..?

Blackpool Climbing Club :3:

Speaking of the scrum, Danielson also said he’s always reading poetry and not one of those philistine journalists asked him what poets he liked :colbert: I’d love to know

I

The broken pillar of the wing jags from the clotted shoulder,
The wing trails like a banner in defeat,
No more to use the sky forever but live with famine
And pain a few days: cat nor coyote
Will shorten the week of waiting for death, there is game without talons.
He stands under the oak-bush and waits
The lame feet of salvation; at night he remembers freedom
And flies in a dream, the dawns ruin it.
He is strong and pain is worse to the strong, incapacity is worse.
The curs of the day come and torment him
At distance, no one but death the redeemer will humble that head,
The intrepid readiness, the terrible eyes.
The wild God of the world is sometimes merciful to those
That ask mercy, not often to the arrogant.
You do not know him, you communal people, or you have forgotten him;
Intemperate and savage, the hawk remembers him;
Beautiful and wild, the hawks, and men that are dying, remember him.

II

I’d sooner, except the penalties, kill a man than a hawk; but the great redtail
Had nothing left but unable misery
From the bones too shattered for mending, the wing that trailed under his talons when he moved.
We had fed him for six weeks, I gave him freedom,
He wandered over the foreland hill and returned in the evening, asking for death,
Not like a beggar, still eyed with the old
Implacable arrogance. I gave him the lead gift in the twilight. What fell was relaxed,
Owl-downy, soft feminine feathers; but what
Soared: the fierce rush: the night-herons by the flooded river cried fear at its rising
Before it was quite unsheathed from reality.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Danielson explained that he dragged Yuta on a long hike in red rock canyon as penance for his failures in the match last week. "When you make mistakes you gotta bridge on the red rocks!!" sticks out in my mind because it has to be the first time anyone has ever said that.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

"Hey! bald! Shut hell up!" isn't as good as the classic sousage tweet, but it's up there. :allears:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bonk posted:

"Hey! bald! Shut hell up!"

me whenevr i read a dax tweet

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Nth

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

You're on a roll

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

lolling irl

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:prepop:

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Chris James 2 posted:

Credit where it's due, it's hard to find a funnier two minutes of someone talking

https://twitter.com/JanelGlass93192/status/1661244323009294336

I've been to funerals that weren't this quiet this long

This truly sounds like someone has slowed down the audio hahaha

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

In kayfabe the Blackpool Combat Club spend their time watching darts videos, beating each other up, hiking, doing neck bridges while hiking, and Claudio does the arts and crafts part of the stable.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Pylons posted:

In kayfabe the Blackpool Combat Club spend their time watching darts videos, beating each other up, hiking, doing neck bridges while hiking, and Claudio does the arts and crafts part of the stable.

https://youtu.be/9IgyoFMdCuo

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I wonder if Claudio is still the Sun Tzu of Clash Royale.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/stokelyhathaway/status/1663994031037198339?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/DefStan480/status/1663932100318474240

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

I counted four deceased.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
One was even a skeleton.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there's 5. neidhart is the most missable

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jun 1, 2023

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Ironically the skeleton is the one that's still alive and still wrestling

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Cavauro posted:

there's 5. neidhart is the most missable

https://youtu.be/SQ7_5MMboo4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir...nt=share_button

quote:

My 2 weeks with Michael Elgin.
I am not affiliated with any wrestling “journalist” website. I have sent my research and article to all leading journalists to see if any will actually look into this.

Hello, I go by Shin, as my last name is Shinnley. I have a bachelor's degree in journalism and communications, as well as a brief career in pro wrestling. I had about 15 matches but decided to stick with journalism. Over my tenure in wrestling even though brief I attended many seminars, 1 seminar that stood out to me was a Michael Elgin seminar, it was so different than others that it encouraged me and a few others I had trained with to drive to Nashville from Michigan for the ROH 2014 Best In The World PPV where Elgin captured the ROH World Championship. Around 2015 I was fully out of wrestling, and truthfully didn’t really watch, or read about it often. I became a very casual fan catching some of what was on TV here and there.

AEW rejuvenated my love of wrestling, but still, I didn’t jump in head first. I decided to watch WrestleMania 39 and I was hooked. I now watch every show I can while still tending to my work in journalism. I have had an interest in writing about wrestling since night 2 of WrestleMania and I wanted to see what Michael Elgin was doing with his career.

The results were depressing, I found accusations and I felt a little heartbreak at that moment. Let me explain why, mentioned above was attending a Michael Elgin seminar. I had taken part in a handful of seminars with ex-WWE or now current AEW wrestlers and this one with Elgin stood out. We were set to start at 5 pm until 10 pm, but we didn’t end the seminar until 12:45 am. He truly cared about teaching us, he truly cared about us. I’ll never forget what he said when ending the seminar. I know seminars can seem like a money grab, but I hope that the $40 you spent and almost 8 hours was worth it. I never want a fan who pays for a ticket, or a wrestler who pays for a seminar to walk away feeling like they wasted money and have an unpleasant experience due to me or my love for Pro Wrestling. It just didn’t seem like the same man, I had asked around a handful of wrestlers I still keep in touch with and was directed to his videos.

People on reddit seem to think this is Michael Elgin pretending to be a journalist. I don't understand why! He writes just like a journalist does.