Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

chumbler posted:

I watched The Sphere Hunter's review for a more casual perspective on it, and I want this man's shirt.

Suzi's video was pretty nice; she's able to bridge the gap between casual and more experienced FG players and can talk to both sides in a way that not even someone like Max can (Max is very good about talking about FG issues, but at the end he's still very mired in the FGC and is coming from that perspective).

I've also been seeing more streams and videos with casuals playing fighting games: last night I watched a stream of a more experienced FG head helping his other streamer friend (who's new to FGs) learn how to play SF, and I also watched a video of a couple of Youtubers who normally don't play FGs get to play SF6 early. Their enjoyment has been pretty heartening, and I'm excited to see how many people will be putting out SF6 content at launch, even if it's just World Tour mode.

Also:

https://twitter.com/schizoidfujo/status/1663377027565494274

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

My pc got 100 on the benchmark so I’m ready for Friday. Can’t wait to spend my life savings on battle passes and costumes and cause my wife to leave me.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

incorporeal posted:

My pc got 100 on the benchmark so I’m ready for Friday. Can’t wait to spend my life savings on battle passes and costumes and cause my wife to leave me.

Nice, nice. Mine got 101 but you should definitely be good to go. Might want to save that money in case you need to upgrade for Tekken 8.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Shinji2015 posted:

Suzi's video was pretty nice; she's able to bridge the gap between casual and more experienced FG players and can talk to both sides in a way that not even someone like Max can (Max is very good about talking about FG issues, but at the end he's still very mired in the FGC and is coming from that perspective).

I've also been seeing more streams and videos with casuals playing fighting games: last night I watched a stream of a more experienced FG head helping his other streamer friend (who's new to FGs) learn how to play SF, and I also watched a video of a couple of Youtubers who normally don't play FGs get to play SF6 early. Their enjoyment has been pretty heartening, and I'm excited to see how many people will be putting out SF6 content at launch, even if it's just World Tour mode.

Also:

https://twitter.com/schizoidfujo/status/1663377027565494274

Happy for the Jamie x Luke shippers out there.

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
So do we know how the input delay reduction setting is supposed to work? It just seems to disable v-sync (judging by the screen tearing I saw). But I’m not sure how that is supposed to help. The gameplay logic runs at 60hz, so even if you could render the game at 1000fps, input is still only being read and the game is only being updated 60 times a second. I think at best you might get 1 frame (maybe 2) of improvement depending on how the game has synced the gameplay loop and rendering loop together, synced them with the refresh rate of the display(basically V-sync), and how they are handling frame buffering.

I guess to answer my own question it’s probably just disabling V-sync and maybe double buffering instead of triple to try to pickup a couple extra frames. I think screen tearing looks terrible though so I probably won’t use it.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

no more throat rip but can't hate this ngl

https://twitter.com/X_AZEEZ3/status/1663559379873067008?t=LsqkEuXFxvwDM1AP_X54Dg&s=19

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I pre-ordered on Steam last night, mondo pumped. I had a gift card burning a hole in my pocket. I gotta get that extra Chun-Li color, that's always how they get ya.

I don't see a mention of the pre-order bonus thing on the steam page for the game, but I believe in Capcom here. I also wonder how we'll get the classic costumes they showed a while back. Hopefully most costumes you can get through gameplay.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Arcade mode spoilers.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Heavy Metal posted:

I also wonder how we'll get the classic costumes they showed a while back. Hopefully most costumes you can get through gameplay.
Unlocked by playing World Tour

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
i'm so ready to turn my hands into broken husks this weekend loving up combos. my hands will have aged 1000 years on by sunday. i truly can't wait.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Bad news for all other prospective Manon mains:

https://twitter.com/ChrisxMoyse/status/1663520662533599237

We're not as bad as Ken, but that's not exactly a credit to us.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Thank you, I was waffling between three characters but I guess I will go for unambiguous good guys Marisa and JP

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
i haven't paid any attention to anything other than the versus mode, what's ken's deal now? other than being fun to play and having Nice Kicks

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Foul Fowl posted:

i haven't paid any attention to anything other than the versus mode, what's ken's deal now? other than being fun to play and having Nice Kicks

In the pre-release comic he was found to canonically be a Bad Father and also he likes NFTs

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

teagone posted:

Still awaiting my key, GMG :argh:

Quoting you a second time. Dunno what time zone/region you're in, but my key unlocked 60-70 minutes ago and I'm about to pre-load.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Foul Fowl posted:

A tech fraudster convinced him to invest in crypto, sports gambling and #content as part of a scheme to set him up as a terrorist fall guy. Chun Li managed to clear his name but he was caught on camera going apeshit against Luke and is now living in shame while trying to restore his image.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
oh sick, i like him even more now

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The te4ch fraudster btw is JP, he starts charity NGOs and uses them to launder money and con countries out of resources

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I wanna know what Ryu and Guile are up to. I hope they are just chilling.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Ryu is travelling the world looking for strong opponents to fight. They really went all out with him, a big departure from previous games.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
The real Ryu character development is that he knows how to use a smartphone well enough to take suburban dad level selfies with.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

old boy's come a long way

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Double Bill posted:

Ryu is travelling the world looking for strong opponents to fight. They really went all out with him, a big departure from previous games.

Honestly, Ryu doing anything else would be even greater cause for concern than everything going on with Ken.

It doesn't matter if Ken's literally eating out of the garbage, if we saw Ryu in a nice but low-cost button-down shirt instead of a gi we'd be so much more worried

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

The te4ch fraudster btw is JP, he starts charity NGOs and uses them to launder money and con countries out of resources

JP is literally a Metal Gear villain.

"Memes, Mr. Masters. The DNA of the soul..."

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Please call me JP, only my dad calls me Jurassic Park

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

JP stands for Just Projectiles.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Cat Machine posted:

Unlocked by playing World Tour

awesome if true. normally you'd have to pay 5 bux for those old costumes so I applaud Capcom for doing sort of the bare minimum. kind of fun to play a game with actual in-game unlocks again.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
GMG came through with my key today, preloading now. Weird that it launches tomorrow while Google reports it as a June 2 release. If I don't gently caress with a VPM or system clock or whatever, do Steam games still unlock around Noon EST day of release?

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

I can’t wait to be fighting in these streets

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm like 20 hours between the beta and demo and still can't react to raw drive impact

My reactions are so trash

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Tae posted:

I'm like 20 hours between the beta and demo and still can't react to raw drive impact

Welcome to the club, buddy! You're just gonna have to deal with it by identifying specific player tendencies rather than looking for a specific animation or sound

Also my local scene is holding a launch day tournament that starts at 2 PM. I guess they're assuming everyone took the day off work lol

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Tae posted:

I think auditory reaction time is faster than visual, so it might help to actually practice reacting to the sound rather than any visual effect?

It's definitely something everyone (especially me) is gonna need to practice though. I suspect reacting to drive impact is going to be like anti airs, you've gotta have them to get anywhere competitively. Even if it's not 100% of the time or whatever

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

For those of you who were waffling about a Greenmangaming key like me, I just purchased it and got my key immediately, preloading now.

Soul Glo posted:

GMG came through with my key today, preloading now. Weird that it launches tomorrow while Google reports it as a June 2 release. If I don't gently caress with a VPM or system clock or whatever, do Steam games still unlock around Noon EST day of release?

If you're not sure what time specifically it is for you, you can always check the official SF6 page on Steam, which has a countdown. Mine says approximately 1 day right now, with maybe an hour and a half extra, so that an exactly midnight release for Malaysia

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Artelier posted:

For those of you who were waffling about a Greenmangaming key like me, I just purchased it and got my key immediately, preloading now.

If you're not sure what time specifically it is for you, you can always check the official SF6 page on Steam, which has a countdown. Mine says approximately 1 day right now, with maybe an hour and a half extra, so that an exactly midnight release for Malaysia

Mine says one day and 12 hours as if it’s a midnight release

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Yeah mine says it unlocks tomorrow night on steam at 10pm CST

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Andrigaar posted:

Quoting you a second time. Dunno what time zone/region you're in, but my key unlocked 60-70 minutes ago and I'm about to pre-load.

Pre-loading now, thanks for the heads up!

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

kliras posted:

honestly i just think season passes or equivalent end up being content gates, and fighting games struggle with this a lot in particular where you need to pay more to get back into it

monster hunter somehow doesn't have paid dlc beyond expansion-scale stuff, which sounds better than a drip feed of new paid characters

the custom character system also isn't compelling enough for people to want to pay for microtransactions for them, maybe that was a business model concept that fell through

It really is a pain in the rear end. Several times over the last few years I considered picking up SF5, but was put off by the number of DLC packs and couldn't figure out what I'd have to buy to get the whole package.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Street Fighter 6 will be good, but it won't have the SF4 intro so it still wont be the best SF. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCXEPXfTsEk

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Street Fighter 6 will be good, but it won't have the SF4 intro so it still wont be the best SF. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCXEPXfTsEk

Have we seen SF6's intro?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

I said come in! posted:

Street Fighter 6 will be good, but it won't have the Marvel vs Capcom 2 intro so it still wont be the best SF. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCXEPXfTsEk

there we go