Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Joe Abercrombies books read like screenplays so this should be great and not need to stray from the source material too much. Best Served Cold is pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

Barry also ended this week. I've got no shows to watch now.

Did you watch Sweet Tooth on Netflix? I really liked it, it’s got 2 seasons out

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Wait does this mean the final episode is gonna be long AF

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

wandler20 posted:

Barry also ended this week. I've got no shows to watch now.

Warrior on HBOmax is really good (same creator as Banshee) and new season starts at the end of June so if you don't binge too quickly you'll be caught up right when it starts.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

T-Square posted:

Wait does this mean the final episode is gonna be long AF

Looks like it if they’re talking about something happening at minute 74, assuming that’s not just the end of the show.

This Shazam movie blows

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean it'd be pretty funny if they just copy the ending of Barry. "oh wow".

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Grittybeard posted:

I have not read this one (it's a standalone that comes between the trilogies--which I didn't even know he'd already gotten through the second one). But if they make it happen it strikes me that Rebecca Ferguson has a perfect face for an adaptation of a Joe Abercrombie book:

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1663617047518154752

I love all his books but this was my first and was pretty rad. Brutal, unpleasant, funny, and utterly bleakly cynical, but quite rad, basically it’s a gritty revenge story set in not-Italy. Lots of good tie-ins to the preceding novels, but only if you know what to look for, my lack of knowledge on the initial read-through wasn’t an issue.

Edit: and yeah, Ferguson is a goddamn good choice for Murcatto, off-hand I would’ve suggested Charlize Theron but not complaining.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Joey Freshwater posted:

This Shazam movie blows

watched it last night and agree. poor follow up to the first.

also, have the final season of Barry to binge but it's just so... dark. and great. but drat is it just 'these are all awful people spinning in circles with lives going nowhere'. kinda how i felt about arrested development.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Thaddius the Large posted:

I love all his books but this was my first and was pretty rad. Brutal, unpleasant, funny, and utterly bleakly cynical, but quite rad, basically it’s a gritty revenge story set in not-Italy. Lots of good tie-ins to the preceding novels, but only if you know what to look for, my lack of knowledge on the initial read-through wasn’t an issue.

She just looks like she's going to run through a wall to get what she wants, which is even without reading the book pretty much what the character is I'm pretty damned sure. Excited for it if it happens.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Neil Armbong posted:

watched it last night and agree. poor follow up to the first.

It’s more than a little weird that the 6000 year old goddess/witch/whatever is now with the 14(?) year old high schooler. They even called it out but just ran with it

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
The new season of What We Do in the Shadows is out in July and The Bear drops season 2 in June so I'm set.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Tulalip Tulips posted:

The new season of What We Do in the Shadows is out in July

WHAT

I thought that was done, hell yeah

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Air Skwirl posted:

Warrior on HBOmax is really good (same creator as Banshee) and new season starts at the end of June so if you don't binge too quickly you'll be caught up right when it starts.

Oh shucks Banshee was delightfully dumb fun

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Put in an offer on a house. Not sure if its going to be accepted, seller has had several offers pulled after appraisals, but we based our offer on those appraisals. I think he is hoping for someone to just pay cash over asking value, which really isn't a thing in a smallish industrial Pennsylvania town.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Oh shucks Banshee was delightfully dumb fun

It's about Chinese gangsters in 19th century San Francisco.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

Put in an offer on a house. Not sure if its going to be accepted, seller has had several offers pulled after appraisals, but we based our offer on those appraisals. I think he is hoping for someone to just pay cash over asking value, which really isn't a thing in a smallish industrial Pennsylvania town.

Congrats and good luck. House shopping is maddening as hell.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Find and watch Spartacus. Best TV show that you haven’t seen

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

how's the house look? plenty of opportunities for....projects?!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Got the pathology report on my kid’s tonsils and they were 2.5x2.5x2 cm each. That’s big.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Fifty Three posted:

That approach to the city is almost unfair. Strikes me every time. Probably too late to suggest something for you now, hope you found a cool place. There are many.

I found one! Don't remember the name because I may have imbibed a bit too much but everyone was friendly and I had a great time. Now I'm driving to Harrisburg. Very scenic drive so far!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

Got the pathology report on my kid’s tonsils and they were 2.5x2.5x2 cm each. That’s big.

How big are tonsils on someone that never needs a tonsillectomy?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Air Skwirl posted:

How big are tonsils on someone that never needs a tonsillectomy?

From googling, looks like kids tonsils are usually 1.5cm^3, adults it’s like 43.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

From googling, looks like kids tonsils are usually 1.5cm^3, adults it’s like 43.

I'm pretty sure my tonsils aren't 43 cm in diameter, I don't think I'd be able to breathe if they were.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Air Skwirl posted:

I'm pretty sure my tonsils aren't 43 cm in diameter, I don't think I'd be able to breathe if they were.

nbd just 17" of tonsil hanging around

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Air Skwirl posted:

That’s cubic cm, so they’re 3.5 cm in diameter.

I hosed that up, it’s 4.3 cm diameter

I’ll get it right one day.

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 00:52 on May 31, 2023

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

That’s cubic cm, so they’re 3.5 cm in diameter.

Pretty sure my tonsils aren't cubes either.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

FizFashizzle posted:

how's the house look? plenty of opportunities for....projects?!

So someone bought a duplex, gutted it, and made it into a single family home. So all new everything from floors to counters to appliances (sans washer/dryer, hence the ask for reqs recently). The backyard is fenced in but with a flimsy chain-link type thing. I think instead of replacing it with a taller wood/vinyl fence, we will shore it up and then plant tall hedges for privacy. After that, the rest of the backyard will be our canvas. There is both an upstairs and downstairs porch (the duplex used to be separated top/bottom) and then the basement walks out to an area under the proch which then opens to the yard. We have a propane firepit thing that will probably stay on the patio, and then I will either buy something like a Solo Stove or build a firepit, not sure which yet. Will also do some raised beds come spring for gardening. Not sure how the dogs will take to that yet. The biggest draw of the property is that its walking distance to work. Like, given the parking situation at work, it may even be closer than driving and walking in from the lot. So we could stick to only having one car, which helps cut back expenses. Oh, also the entire attic is finished with nice floors, but the slope of ceilings make it less than ideal for a full room, unless we have kids. Right now it will make for good storage and maybe an office, but since they already have built in gates to the stairs we decided the dogs get their own floor.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Has anyone seen the movie Stone Cold with the Boz as the lead? Holy poo poo it's incredible.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Rectal Placenta posted:

Has anyone seen the movie Stone Cold with the Boz as the lead? Holy poo poo it's incredible.

I have never seen this film, but I have seen the opening scene about 50 times and that's all I need. I mean just run that back again and I'm fine.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Blowjob Overtime posted:

For those lamenting the end of shows, apparently Season 3 of I Think You Should Leave is out today on Netflix

Oh no, even more bad news!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Air Skwirl posted:

Pretty sure my tonsils aren't cubes either.

How would you even know

Who knows what a tonsil is anyway

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Bones is a cool show

Be honest with yourself Booth PLEASE

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
HE WAS HONEST AND SHE REJECTED HIM NOOOOO

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rectal Placenta posted:

Yes. The ending is absolutely incredible.

The day is not saved, the female lead is dead, the hero has hosed it all up, and he does a heroic march covered in blood ignoring the cheering crowd.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Huh, I'd forgotten about the System Shock remake coming out. Apparently it's good if you remember the first one but still has some old school wankery to it? I can't tell from reviews. I played this game maybe 6 or 7 years after it came out which was a lifetime at the time for PC upgrades making old stuff look really bad. These days the Witcher 3 still looks pretty good 8 years later. We've still got people out here playing Skyrim. This was very much not the case back then.

And other than Planescape: Torment which was mainly a bunch of text I think it's the most I ever liked an old ratchety, ugly game with bad controls at that time.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
About to watch the final episode and cry like a little sexy babeh

Clocks in at an hour 20

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Kids picked up a stomach flu over the weekend. Thought I dodged it. Nope

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004