Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

MrQwerty posted:

when I was at the tech college I went to I knew some guys that built a trebuchet and it was real fun

Trebuchet is cool but that involes a lot more maths :hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Literally A Person posted:

oh no doubt these guys were some real 2004 18 year old engineers through and through

springloaded catapult is gonna fuckin launch some poo poo

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
What's the object that when launched, would make the most noise landing? Without shattering on release because then you're just exploding stuff in your faces.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Charles Bukowski posted:

What's the object that when launched, would make the most noise landing? Without shattering on release because then you're just exploding stuff in your faces.

An air horn with the button taped down?

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

Hey guys, what's a good video host you can use to embed videos in forum posts? Like can you do that with like Box or Dropbox or anything like that?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Stunt-Puffin posted:

Hey guys, what's a good video host you can use to embed videos in forum posts? Like can you do that with like Box or Dropbox or anything like that?

YouTube with a burner E-mail

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

An air horn with the button taped down?

Hey remember in Ernest goes to camp when he just starts chuckin' poo poo at the development people?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Charles Bukowski posted:

A billiard ball with a hole drilled straight through it would probably make a horrifying sound all along the way.

E: it’s been a long day and I forgot how to spell hole

TrashMammal fucked around with this message at 05:22 on May 31, 2023

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Dick Fontaine posted:

A billiard ball with a whole drilled straight through it would probably make a horrifying sound all along the way.

lol it'd probably sound like a death whistle

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I would enjoy watching hundreds of billiard balls striking concrete from a great height and ricocheting all over a neighbourhood.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

the sky, black with billiard balls, all of them screaming like stukas

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

in physics in high school we had a group project to build a ping pong ball launcher, only rules were nothing electronic or explosive, it had to be launchable within 60 seconds and it had to be under i think 16x16x16. i forget whatever gizmos everyone else made but we built a pneumatic thing with pvc pipe and a bike tube and pump. it was absolute dogshit for the accuracy part but schlonged everybody in distance

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Chief McHeath posted:

in physics in high school we had a group project to build a ping pong ball launcher, only rules were nothing electronic or explosive, it had to be launchable within 60 seconds and it had to be under i think 16x16x16. i forget whatever gizmos everyone else made but we built a pneumatic thing with pvc pipe and a bike tube and pump. it was absolute dogshit for the accuracy part but schlonged everybody in distance

We did something similar, and my best friend is responsible for the rule that you can’t use rat traps or other high tension springs. That thing literally coulda killed someone.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Widely used term in physics!

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Here's the extremely under-engineered arm assembly and a pulled out shot with the thing all set together so you can get some scale

I would do the whole assembled picture but I just took a can of metallic finish spraypaint to the base :yeshaha:

You gonna put some sweet skate stickers on that bad boy?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Eye Putter Outer 5000

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
We should start a gofundme for LAP's upcoming surgery bills.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
What do synthetic testicles cost? Can't be cheap.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

kntfkr posted:

What do synthetic testicles cost? Can't be cheap.

Looks like you can get four truck nuts for :10bux: on amazon

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
My friend the trauma nurse was telling me about the other day he had a guy with a scrotal infection and they had to remove all the bag skin and he was looking at two deshelled nuts just sittin' there on bougie medical gauze.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Well, there’s another thing to be terrified of.

pacerwpg
Apr 18, 2023
did they regrow the scrotum from harvested elbow skin?

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

kntfkr posted:

My friend the trauma nurse was telling me about the other day he had a guy with a scrotal infection and they had to remove all the bag skin and he was looking at two deshelled nuts just sittin' there on bougie medical gauze.

free range nuts

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Prof. Crocodile posted:

You gonna put some sweet skate stickers on that bad boy?

I would but I promised the kid we'd do purple sparkle paint.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
It finally happened: my cat finally blunt-force hit me in the face with her tail -- as in, not just hair across the eyeball or me petting her & her tail snapping back -- hard enough for it to actually hurt. It wasn't even malicious*, she was just sassing her way across my lap.

Unrelatedly*, there seems to be a New York City-wide plain bagel shortage, and it is kind of a bummer.

*I don't think anyway :ohdear:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
They ran out of the water. For the bagels. It's the water.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Currently tipping back a mocha noir Á la Órange

Probably one of the best mochas I've had in a long time. I will dream of this mocha

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

kntfkr posted:

We don't need water, we need bagels drat it :mad:

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

YeahTubaMike posted:

It finally happened: my cat finally blunt-force hit me in the face with her tail -- as in, not just hair across the eyeball or me petting her & her tail snapping back -- hard enough for it to actually hurt. It wasn't even malicious*, she was just sassing her way across my lap.

Unrelatedly*, there seems to be a New York City-wide plain bagel shortage, and it is kind of a bummer.

u kno what u gotta do

SQUISH

THAT

CAT

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

YeahTubaMike posted:

Your cat used tail whip, and it was super effective!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Chief McHeath posted:

u kno what u gotta do

SQUISH

THAT

CAT

Well, she is pretty squishable...

Charles Bukowski posted:

Your cat used tail whip, and it was super effective!

Tail Whip isn't an attack, you n00b :colbert:

That said, my defense does feel as though it has been reduced somewhat.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I could go for an everything bagel with cream cheese but it's like 1100 calories.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

kntfkr posted:

It’s Soros

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

kntfkr posted:

I could go for an everything bagel with cream cheese but it's like 1100 calories.

I ordered a plain bagel with cream cheese, and they told me they only had everything, cinnamon raisin, and sesame bagels left. When I ordered a sesame bagel with cream cheese instead, they made me an everything bagel with cream cheese. It's too bad you weren't there, I would have given it to you because tbh I find everything bagels inedibly gross and I hate wasting food.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Everything bagel with green onion cream cheese was my go to when I still worked at an office.

Going back to plain bagel unless you like putting sweet flavored cream cheese makes no sense to me.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I only like bagels that produce false positives on urine screens.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Plain bagel is the chicken nuggies of the bagel world

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Back to the grind means back to pounding huels for breakfast it's been a month so my guts probably lost their resistance to whatever poison they put in this powder that makes you blow enormous farts every 5 minutes

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Everything bagels are plain bagels they dropped on the floor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Smugworth posted:

Plain bagel is the chicken nuggies of the bagel world

Chicken nuggies are good. :shrug:

That said, I really do wish places around here other than Dunkin Donuts had whole wheat bagels.