Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yoimiya pairs very well with a Rust, or if you haven't gotten one by chance, the Inazuma craft bow. ...which you may not have the plans for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Coolness Averted posted:

It also isn't very fun starting with meh cards and being forced to use filler literally worthless to your deck to meet minimum size requirements. I think folks really into the TCG forgot how bad the starting stuff is. It's a barrier to entry. If I have a half hour to play genshin I'm going to do some combination of something; currently fun, that gets me primos,or improves the base gameplay loop.
The TCG at level 1 or 2 does none of those, even if I might enjoy it at some later level.

that's how I'm feeling with it. like I actually enjoyed playing with the prebuilt decks during this event, just not in the mood to grind it out to make my own optimal deck

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Like No Wave posted earlier, most of the card between decks are the same. You want card that mitigate the rng of the dice/cards, resonance abilities, and card that will turn into dice/more cards. After that, you only need to decide if your character are energy hungry enough for energy cards, and then you’ll only have 8-10 card choices left for healing/character abilities.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Yoimiya is also very strong with slingshot, the 3 star poopoo bow that everyone mulches by the dozens. It's stronger than every 4 star option other than exactly r5 rust.

Also finally leveled the new ibis bow to 90 using today's event mats and can confirm that it's ALSO not really worth using over slingshot :sigh:

Still gonna use it tho (fashion)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I like how all the free event weapons suck rear end

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The entire meta in every Genius Invokation TCG tournament is resonance decks (I dont actually play much PVP but its just to underscore how good it is). You can look at 96 decks in a tournament and all 96 decks will be resonance decks. From a crafting perspective this is annoyong because -7000 coins, but on the plus side you can skip pretty much all weapons and all artifacts (besides gambler) to start with. If I were a newbie I'd buy the following and swap in resonances/talents/maybe weapons for the food and MREs and timmies as time goes on:

2x Leave it to Me (or whatever noelle card is called)
2x Changing Shifts (rosaria event card)
2x Strategize
2x Paimon
2x Best Travel Companion evar
1x Gambler (Artifact)
2x Lotus Crisp
2x Mondstadt Hash Brown
2x Timmie
2x Vanarana
2x Treasure Seelie
2x Rana
2x Mona event card
2x Liben
2x I havent lost yet (itto event card)
2x MRE
2x Mondstadt chicken
1x Katherine
1x smoked chicken
1x Adeptus Temptation
2x jade chamber
2x Mushroom Pizza

I do think something generically usable like this should probably be the starter deck.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:31 on May 31, 2023

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Meowywitch posted:

the creepy youkai umbrella from earlier this year is a couple characters' best four-star option i think?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Meowywitch posted:

festering desire is a good 4* option for a lot of sword users. oathsworn eye is good if not great for yae miko. the loving def% sword is albedo's only free option. missive windspear is a big bucket of attack for shenhe. mailed flower is probably all right for kaveh.

idk who likes any of the bows tho

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mailed flower is really really good for diluc, unfortunately hes diluc

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I successfully assembled a team of four level 60 characters and raised my world rank :toot:

Unfortunately I'm still scrambling for exp, I wanna get more of my peeps up to level 40 at minimum but daaaamn that's a lot of exp!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Fading Twilight is straight up a really good weapon, ER substat high base atk with 20% dmg passive. But bow users and bows are weird so it just sits on Sara.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I'm also I have Mona now, because water-zooming around Inazuma is a lot of fun!

...still not sure how to use her in combat tho. Hoping she'll get a trial level at some point so I can have the game explain her moves so I don't have to google them ( :effort: )

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

StrixNebulosa posted:

I successfully assembled a team of four level 60 characters and raised my world rank :toot:

Unfortunately I'm still scrambling for exp, I wanna get more of my peeps up to level 40 at minimum but daaaamn that's a lot of exp!

Yeah just focus on keeping your 4 characters at the appropriate level for what you're running first.
A full roster of characters that aren't geared or leveled is far less useful than a solid team. Also level is waaaaaay less important than having artifacts capped while you're still progressing. The stat gains are minimal.
Plus you can always feed a junk artifact into a good one later, which you can't do with a bunk of junk characters.

StrixNebulosa posted:

...still not sure how to use her in combat tho. Hoping she'll get a trial level at some point so I can have the game explain her moves so I don't have to google them ( :effort: )
She's on the standard banner, so you'll probably have to rely on the internet instead of an in game tutorial.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

StrixNebulosa posted:

She's weird. I give her prototype amber and use her as a healer in ayaka freeze with massive amounts of ER while bursting on cooldown. Freeze has a weird interaction with her omen bubble, the bubble's dmg buff takes effect immediately but only starts expiring after an enemy takes poise damage and frozen enemies take 0 poise damage so as long as enemies remain frozen the omen can last as much as 13 seconds as long as the enemies never unfreeze. Truthfully this is probably her most popular role at this point.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mona's deal is pretty simple. Her skill is a really basic AOE hydro application tool that also somewhat attracts enemies towards it, and her ult marks enemies with a debuff that makes the enemies take more damage on the next hit few hits. She's a combo character.

Her best use is in freeze teams with cryo characters because her debuff stays for longer if they're frozen.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I wish I had a second Hydro character that isn't Barbara. Not that Barbara is bad -- she's the MVP against the Pyro Hypo, for instance -- but a more offensive unit would let me consider tackling Abyss levels with two Hyperbloom teams. I'm working on The Catch for Xiang and bringing Bennett and Yoimiyu up to speed, but I haven't found much of a way to weave Pyro into my New Bloom Order yet.

I got Yun Jin last night, actually two of her, and slapped a Favonius Spear and some Opulent Dreams artifacts on her. I haven't tested her yet, as her gear needs leveling.

As an old-timer who played MTG on his old Windows 95 computer, I can say that the criticisms leveled against the TCG are legit. The interface is clunky, there's very little differentiation between viable teams, and it takes a fair amount of fiddling to figure out what works and to trim out the dead weight. Is it bad? No, but it needs a lot of work to be more than a minigame-within-a-game.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
New player Hydro thirst is real. Xingqiu doesn't come up in shop again until September, and who knows next time he'll be on banner again.

Hydro Archon will likely be busted, but again, not until autumn.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

also old player hydro thirst

hydro is just really good

... also it's water so desire for it is thirst by definition :dadjoke:

Kale
May 14, 2010

Tree Reformat posted:

New player Hydro thirst is real. Xingqiu doesn't come up in shop again until September, and who knows next time he'll be on banner again.

Theres always Barbara I suppose

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

in a team of Tighnari / Yae / Fischl / Baizhu, who should hold Deepwood

i suspect the answer is Baizhu but i'm worried his AoE isn't really up to it. but on the other hand a Tighnari team is probably leaning towards single-target damage anyways...

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

in a team of Tighnari / Yae / Fischl / Baizhu, who should hold Deepwood

i'm afraid the answer is Baizhu but worried his AoE isn't really up to it
In some teams its possible but that one its kinda weird. If you fully believe in slingshot rear end hugging its workable but eh. I just use Tighnari for it his other 4 piece options arent really gamechanging anyways.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tighnari has two pretty good dps sets so deepwood on baizhu is probably better even if you occasionally miss out on the shred in aoe situations

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you could do deepwood tighnari and instructor baizhu to sort of approximate the em boost from gilded

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

No Wave posted:

In some teams its possible but that one its kinda weird. If you fully believe in slingshot rear end hugging its workable but eh. I just use Tighnari for it his other 4 piece options arent really gamechanging anyways.

i have a really nice Wanderer's set on him and really don't want to re-farm it

i may just not make that team; there's no way i'm ever removing Nahida for overworld purposes, her utility passive alone is too good there, and in abyss, etc. i could just keep Yaoyao in the above team and put Baizhu somewhere else

Endorph posted:

tighnari has two pretty good dps sets so deepwood on baizhu is probably better even if you occasionally miss out on the shred in aoe situations

Endorph posted:

you could do deepwood tighnari and instructor baizhu to sort of approximate the em boost from gilded

probably wouldn't have thought of the latter myself; thanks for the suggestion

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Just slap deepwood on every dendro and who cares if some other set is like 5-10% "better" in a certain specific scenario. Gives you way more flexibility to throw together random odd teams.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Taking notes on how to run Mona, thank you! I've also been alternating her costumes and while they're almost identical, I DO like the alternate better, so thank you thread for telling me to use it!

Coolness Averted posted:

Yeah just focus on keeping your 4 characters at the appropriate level for what you're running first.
A full roster of characters that aren't geared or leveled is far less useful than a solid team. Also level is waaaaaay less important than having artifacts capped while you're still progressing. The stat gains are minimal.
Plus you can always feed a junk artifact into a good one later, which you can't do with a bunk of junk characters.

Ah, I'll focus more on weapons for a while now!

That said, hmm. While I'm hammering out my main team, I want to keep at least 8-12 characters "current", because A) spiral stuff wants two teams and B) I LOVE swapping characters around and trying new teams, and it makes me sad to see a row of level 20s I can't use.

... that said I'm getting pickier the more I play, and building my own internal tier list - Amber's not getting more levels, but Yae is, Kaeya might, Lisa not really, etc etc... it's also fun seeing characters I wasn't chuffed for get really powerful in good combos, ala Noelle and Yun Jin being a fun geo team that you cannot kill.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

sushibandit posted:

Just slap deepwood on every dendro and who cares if some other set is like 5-10% "better" in a certain specific scenario. Gives you way more flexibility to throw together random odd teams.

*extremely Sauron the dinosaur supervillain voice*

but i don't want to slap deepwood on every dendro character. i want to obsess over optimization puzzles

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Baizhu is my only dendro without deepwood, including DMC. And I own them all!

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

... also it's water so desire for it is thirst by definition :dadjoke:
Yeah, I don't have any hydro characters left to stick into my friendship teams and it kinda sucks!

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I think I'm good on Hydro characters now that I have Ayato, Childe, Kokomi, Yelan, and Mona as 5-stars (and Xinqiu as honorable mention).

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

So the event story does give you a special card. I'm guessing it'll go to the shop afterwards given that the dynamic skin says "you can buy this from the card shop after the event ends".

No Wave fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jun 1, 2023

Kale
May 14, 2010

I like how many of the furnitures you can get from Remarkable green chests in the desert have some sort of flavor text somewhere like "And there was a certain long golden dark haired mercenary that did this extra crazy thing that one time with this thing". Like one roadblock spear type item basically tells the story of how they had to Shaq-Proof the design against Dehya because she made a reputation for just rampaging right through them. The furniture stuff is honestly some of my favorite absurdly lengthy text in the game.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
So I decided to see if Genshin would run on my wife's new laptop. Remembering the 22GB download that it did on my phone, I grumbled a bit.

Genshin installer: "Required space: 59 GB. Required space for unzipping: ~115 GB."

:wtc:

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

It's kind of crazy to see the ways the hooks the gacha sinks into you can appear with these games. I'm having to cut back at least temporarily, and probably won't even be consistently keeping up with dailies for a while, but I still keep having the thought 'should I at least get the welkin so I have more resources if (presumably when) I get back into it?' I'm not doing it, partially because it seems crazy and partially because my track record suggests I usually don't return with the same enthusiasm once I've backed away from a game, but it's pretty tempting. Obviously it's way, way more expensive to buy the primogems outright if I decide I absolutely need them later, so I guess I just need to not play in the future if I feel like I missed out that badly.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

UHD posted:

festering desire is a good 4* option for a lot of sword users. oathsworn eye is good if not great for yae miko. the loving def% sword is albedo's only free option. missive windspear is a big bucket of attack for shenhe. mailed flower is probably all right for kaveh.

idk who likes any of the bows tho
I've got missive windspear on Cyno and it works great. Venti has got windblume ode or whatever it's called from an event a while back, it's fine.
And Kazuha has the creepy umbrella and Yae has the enkanomiya eye

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

It's kind of crazy to see the ways the hooks the gacha sinks into you can appear with these games. I'm having to cut back at least temporarily, and probably won't even be consistently keeping up with dailies for a while, but I still keep having the thought 'should I at least get the welkin so I have more resources if (presumably when) I get back into it?' I'm not doing it, partially because it seems crazy and partially because my track record suggests I usually don't return with the same enthusiasm once I've backed away from a game, but it's pretty tempting. Obviously it's way, way more expensive to buy the primogems outright if I decide I absolutely need them later, so I guess I just need to not play in the future if I feel like I missed out that badly.

Compulsive Spending and Gambling Resources - the sticky from the mobile gaming forum, it should be stickied here too. Spend responsibly, friend.

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007

No Wave posted:

There seems to be way less interest for it in the west than even Japan (let alone China). I get annoyed at how few resources there are too. Put "deck import codes" on your surveys this month pls.

I usually leave the 'Additional Comments' part of the survey blank but if the thread put out a survey vote guide I'd c/p it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Happy Underpants posted:

I usually leave the 'Additional Comments' part of the survey blank but if the thread put out a survey vote guide I'd c/p it.
There would be too much stuff people want to put on there I doubt there would be a consensus. You'd get stuff like "more skins", "unlimited stamina outside of combat", "reroll artifact mainstats", "I shouldn't have to do dailies", "cryo catalyst uwu".

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Tree Reformat posted:

If it's any consolation, I have a Yelan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

No Wave posted:

There would be too much stuff people want to put on there I doubt there would be a consensus. You'd get stuff like "more skins", "unlimited stamina outside of combat", "reroll artifact mainstats", "I shouldn't have to do dailies", "cryo catalyst uwu".

i'm like 80% sure, apart from some datamining i haven't bothered to look for, that charlotte will be a catalyst