Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Clarste posted:

Do Sampo's multiple hits destroy break meters like Asta's?

I don't have Asta built out to compare but yes, every hit of his skill and ultimate do break bar pressure. Anything that has a wind weakness gets thrashed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

Nihility blessings are fine, but has the worst and most unimpactful resonance of any path

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
What? It's the most powerful one, it just takes a turn or two. It gives them every dot and 5 stacks of wind. ...I guess maybe it sucks if you're using Sampo.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Nihility path is really funny if you get the blessing that gives stacks of debuff damage+ and then upgrade it so that the stacks don't expire. Casually chunking Svarog for 40% of his HP bar every turn once stacks hit 99 (which is pretty fast).

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Radical posted:

i hit 70 pulls on the current banner without getting ting and had to give up. hope she does end up being there in july so i can complete my set.
even if that list is wrong she'll definitely be in there sometime.

genshin ran a rotation of 12 4*s across 6 months that repeated twice a year.

star rail has exactly 13 4*s in at launch. one of them is herta, who you get like 5 free copies of (and will probably get more free copies of as they add more su worlds).

so i dont think any of the launch 4*s will be missing from the rotation.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Finally got my Tingyun online after doing some pulls up to about 50 towards the pity to get some eidolons before stopping on the JY banner.

How the hell did I even live without this character before, she's amazing support.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I've had Tingyun forever but I never use her. I don't really use support characters except for March. I also haven't really done SU or memories so maybe they're more important there.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I also don't find her doing much for me. I'd be swapping out Nat or Welt for her and I feel like the slow debuffs and healing are far better for me.

Maybe swap out Fire MC for her but I feel like he carries his weight in taunts and shields.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Walla posted:

I've had Tingyun forever but I never use her. I don't really use support characters except for March. I also haven't really done SU or memories so maybe they're more important there.

I highly recommend trying SU, if only because it’s a lot of fun!

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Tingyun is amazing but you need to build her as the quintessential glass cannon she is - with massive SPD and ATK. Buff your main dps, then swing away

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

I thought you wanted to give her some atk, but not too much atk because after a point it's just a diminishing effort for negligible benefits?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I dont see it. her ATK is always the bottleneck for her skill unless your main dps has TERRIBLE stats, and then it feeds back into her bonus damage on attack. Tingyun effectively triple dips on ATK.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
How exactly does that work anyway? I know most percentage ATK boosts are based on the character's base stats + LC, which is why stacking all ATK% gives diminishing returns. But is Tingyun's ATK bonus limited by her base ATK or her total ATK? If the former, there's not much you can do to affect it, and if the latter then it will trivially be met by wearing any ATK gear at all. Or is her buff different from every other buff and stacks multiplicatively with other ATK buffs?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Clarste posted:

How exactly does that work anyway? I know most percentage ATK boosts are based on the character's base stats + LC, which is why stacking all ATK% gives diminishing returns. But is Tingyun's ATK bonus limited by her base ATK or her total ATK? If the former, there's not much you can do to affect it, and if the latter then it will trivially be met by wearing any ATK gear at all. Or is her buff different from every other buff and stacks multiplicatively with other ATK buffs?

it was my understanding that Tingyun's buff is limited by Tingyun's current ATK - affected by ATK%, buffs and debuffs

if you're right then I have it completely wrong and Tingyun is mid af

:shrug:

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

The +ATK% buff that Tingyun gives to a person increases their attack based on their base attack just like any ATK% buff, but it boosts up to a certain percentage of Tingyun's current attack. So, yes, you do need to build some attack on Tingyun, and she is very good. But I've heard some debate on exactly how much attack she needs; might not have to be as hyper-focused on it as you'd think.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

interesting. I can see it where you need to hit a certain treshold to maximize the boost then have the rest into SPD and energy regen for more ULT usage, especially at max level

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Honestly she hits pretty hard so it's not like it's a waste to stack ATK on her. Her only real weakness is that she's pretty fragile, but I'm not sure exactly how much you would need to stack to make a meaningful difference (for some reason she seems to attract aggro way above what she should).

cranky corvid
Sep 30, 2021
I saw Zajef doing Tingyun theorycraft on stream yesterday, and it turns out that she only needs one or two Attack% mainstat relics to cap out her buff, depending on how much attack she is getting from sets, substats, teammates, etc. Since the proportion of her basic attack damage that comes from her talent scales with the stats of whoever she's buffing rather than her own, and she is one of the most fragile characters, there is definitely room to build HP or defense on her.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

if these daily missions keep asking me to help this "science" rear end in a top hat I'm gonna not do the daily missions anymore!

e: I am not doing math for you game!!!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
How much atk% do you actually need, assuming you might have 1-2 characters with the 18% atk boost 2 piece relic?

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*

StrixNebulosa posted:

if these daily missions keep asking me to help this "science" rear end in a top hat I'm gonna not do the daily missions anymore!

e: I am not doing math for you game!!!

I don't know if I'm missing anything this way, but 90% of the time I just do the other 200-point daily mission. It just seems quicker, especially if I'm trying to knock out the missions during a lunch break. So yeah, not doing them is totally feasible from that perspective at least.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

It's also 5k credits for maybe 3-4 mins. Skippable but not terrible to do. 5k credits is like 2 stamina or so

Tangential thought: the full-clear of all respawning mobs is something like 38 stamina of xp and 10 stamina of credits per day and takes 1-2 hours, longer if you are using a max level carry + 3 scrubs to soak up XP. The mats don't matter because consumables are useless in any content that would NEED them, and the ascension stuff is the common materials that shouldn't be your bottleneck. So while doing the full clear is technically optimal, it is the worst ROI for real world time invested and is tedious for most of us, to boot. It's the most easily skippable "daily content" and is only "worth it" if you are enjoying your time doing it.

I haven't seen math on the 33 SU elite kills per week but I have to imagine it's in a similar place? But, this early on an account, you can still grind unlocks and achievements for Jade in there, too

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
my only problem is trying to run Seele, Jing Yuan and Tingyun at the same time while still remaining survivable.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Seele/JY are pretty redundant and too SP-heavy especially since JT never wants to use his regular attack. The game seems to be set up for having one of hunt/erudition and the rest offensive and defensive support.

It kinda feels bad to not have two of your hot 5*s on the same team but if you have both you're set for your 2x MoC dps for a long time.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

argh, 4-5 more days till the Nameless honor resets and i get to obsessively look at the weekly/daily tasks again

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
I've already redeemed everything on the Nameless Honor except for the light cone. Still haven't made a decision yet...

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

AshtonDragon posted:

The +ATK% buff that Tingyun gives to a person increases their attack based on their base attack just like any ATK% buff, but it boosts up to a certain percentage of Tingyun's current attack. So, yes, you do need to build some attack on Tingyun, and she is very good. But I've heard some debate on exactly how much attack she needs; might not have to be as hyper-focused on it as you'd think.

Aha. I was wondering why they bothered putting the target buff percentage above Tingyun's percentage (ie, why it's 30% of the target's attack up to 20% of tingyun's or w/e) because there's no realistic situation where it'd matter. This makes much more sense. Not well explained in game, but it does make sense.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i did speed boots on tingyun so she goes first everytime i need to refresh her buff.
atk% chest
energy regen. chain, electric damage sphere

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

How should I approach SU 5? I've tried abundance and destruction with a team of bronya,seele, natasha ( as my only healer) with a mix of jy, firemc with none of their light cones and kafka always kicks my butt.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

make sure to take the abundance resonance where it purges the debuff.

it nullifies her entire gimmick

if you get enough abundance cards to upgrade the resonance again make sure to get one where it adds itself to the turns so that you get a constant healing turn that removes all debuffs

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Bronya/Seele/Nat/fireMC levelled up appropriately should carry you through all single-team content just fine. Kafka's fight is all about dispelling that debuff, if you can do that (with abundance blessings/nat's trace) then it's easy

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Yeah, Natasha upgraded to cleanse debuffs plus maybe some speed boots for the third phase makes the fight pretty manageable. You might want to take a defensive-oriented path with just Fireblazer as your tank, though, since Kafka's AOE can be pretty nasty.

cranky corvid
Sep 30, 2021

Tae posted:

How much atk% do you actually need, assuming you might have 1-2 characters with the 18% atk boost 2 piece relic?

In Zajef's calculation, a Tingyun with a standard attack growth 4-star Harmony light cone buffing a Jing Yuan with Seriousness of Breakfast, everything leveled to 70, assuming a few rolls of flat attack in substats, with Tingyun's skill at trace level 8, required a total of about 91% Attack% from all sources to cap out her buff. Two level 15 Attack% mainstat relics give 86.4% by themselves, and Tingyun has Attack% in her traces as well.

cranky corvid fucked around with this message at 19:03 on May 31, 2023

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
IMO the "trick" to the SU5 Kafka fight, other than just dispelling everything all the time with abundance, is that the dominate is somewhat a sneaky trick to get you to overlook the stacking attack boost she gets everytime shock triggers. Unless she's dominating your carry DPS character, it's way more important to minimize the rate at which she powers up, otherwise you get to phase 3 and she'll have something nuts like +300% damage at which point you just lose.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

That's where Abundance comes in too, if you get both the useful upgrades then she'll end up getting about 3 stacks over the course of the whole fight

Alternatives to Abundance path include Fireblazer with the Preservation blessing that makes gaining a shield have a 30% chance of removing debuffs

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Man Sampo and Nat in the shop tomorrow? Sucks. I have no need for Sampo cons because I haven't leveled him, and I have like a E7 Nat already

Shucks

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I'm happy about Sampo in the shop, he's the only 4* I don't have

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

man, MoC floor 1 really sucks with only one healer available. the first barrage from the 2 elemental dudes takes 2 characters to like 30% hp!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Meowywitch posted:

Man Sampo and Nat in the shop tomorrow? Sucks. I have no need for Sampo cons because I haven't leveled him, and I have like a E7 Nat already

Shucks

oh no, more time for you to save up on those currencies :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Tatsuta Age posted:

man, MoC floor 1 really sucks with only one healer available. the first barrage from the 2 elemental dudes takes 2 characters to like 30% hp!

managed to get to MoC floor 5 so far with carefully choosing which team gets the healer, and which team gets the fireMC