Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Chewbecca posted:

I wanna know more :allears:

Knowing goons I am gonna mark this one: plausible

long story short, grover thought of himself as a lieutenant colonel (and called himself one) because his government contractor paygrade was on par with one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Didn't someone once pretend to be a woman in a wheelchair but was actually a dude not in a wheelchair

There he is, the one not in a wheelchair

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
there was that time 16bb pretended to be moe szyslak

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
dude how the gently caress is ff16 3 weeks away zelda came out last night and ive still got 3 years of stuff to do in it

im not going to survive

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
In the deep recesses of my mind is the GBS Superstar who was at an airshow and said people died in a terrible crash (maybe?) But the crash didn't happen??

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Chewbecca posted:

What were the biggest lies that a goon was caught out making?

SPR was of course probably the most recent example, but what other claims have goons made which turned out to be (embarassingly) not true?

honey trap queen btw

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Didn't someone once pretend to be a woman in a wheelchair but was actually a dude not in a wheelchair

I remember there was some GBS 2.0 superstar who said they were a woman and posted pics, but then someone found out that the woman in the pictures was some lady you could commission to hold up any sign on tumblr or deviantart or something.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

pog boyfriend posted:

honey trap queen btw

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Hyping yourself up on an alt and writing your own saclopedia entry has to be up there are the most embarrassing thing you could be caught doing on this website lmao

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i dunno, it's hilariously petty but it's at least clear what the motivation is there. there's a whole lot of goon behaviour that is just puzzling to the standard human brain

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Tbf almost every SAclopedia entry is really pathetic. Almost prefer someone hyping themselves up to the weak rear end owns people leave

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Went looking for an example of a lame SAclopedia post and instead learned that the guy who kicked off Gamergate tried to start it here and got banned lol

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Cowcaster saw that poo poo and went "nah" then moved it to a mod only forum lmao

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Spanish Manlove posted:

Cowcaster saw that poo poo and went "nah" then moved it to a mod only forum lmao

Auspicious decision

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Chewbecca posted:

What were the biggest lies that a goon was caught out making?

SPR was of course probably the most recent example, but what other claims have goons made which turned out to be (embarassingly) not true?

30 year prison dude but he hasn’t been caught out yet.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i dunno, it's hilariously petty but it's at least clear what the motivation is there. there's a whole lot of goon behaviour that is just puzzling to the standard human brain

The ones that puzzle me most are the goons who stumble into a funny situation, say something dumb or whatever, then try to defend themselves against an entire thread of people hooting and hollering. Just stop posting! You can be objectively in the right, continuing to argue still won't accomplish anything because dunking on posters is a social activity. Yet there's an endless supply of people who've been here for years yet haven't figured that out.

Blue Footed Booby fucked around with this message at 19:26 on May 31, 2023

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Blue Footed Booby posted:

The ones that puzzle me most are the goons who stumble into a funny situation, say something dumb or whatever, then try to defend themselves against an entire thread of people hooting and hollering. Just stop posting! You can objectively in the right, continuing to argue still won't accomplish anything because dunking on posters is a social activity. Yet there's an endless supply of people who've been here for years yet haven't figured that out.

This is a forum of posters posting. Posters gonna post

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

DaysBefore posted:

Went looking for an example of a lame SAclopedia post and instead learned that the guy who kicked off Gamergate tried to start it here and got banned lol

just look at the rest of the koalas march entry

:imunfunny:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

that geniunely probably changed the course of these forums for the good considering how loving insane the gamergate crowd was.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Blue Footed Booby posted:

The ones that puzzle me most are the goons who stumble into a funny situation, say something dumb or whatever, then try to defend themselves against an entire thread of people hooting and hollering. Just stop posting! You can be objectively in the right, continuing to argue still won't accomplish anything because dunking on posters is a social activity. Yet there's an endless supply of people who've been here for years yet haven't figured that out.

I can post through it.

No one has ever successfully posted through it, but me. I shall be the one.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

If he never got caught he wouldn't have gone to prison

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Stux posted:

That whole page needs to be purged after the Plutonis link to her ban and it needs to be locked in a bomb-proof glass vault like the Mona Lisa.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Stux posted:

It would havw been a perfect entry if nobody else had posted after the first 3 :negative:

They just wanted to be a part of history I guess

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
gbs guys gonna gbs

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Leal posted:

There he is, the one not in a wheelchair

I read this to the tune of “there she goes” by the La’s now I’m imagining some goon waiting downstairs to meet his wheelchair girlfriend and he comes down and it’s just some guy

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
thank you everyone for donating 10 grand so i can buy a new wheelchair it really means a lot 16-bit butt-head signing off *forgets to turn webcam off stands up and walks off camera* lol those rubes really believe i'm in a wheelchair and i just took their money

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Hey y’all, sad update. today my doctor gave me the diagnosis I’ve been dreading. My boobs are terminally huge and I may never walk again

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

The name Gunchicka springs to mind but I don't know if that's just my brain connecting two separate Goon stories or if that's the right one.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

i liked the streamer who spent years pretending he was wheelchair bound and accidentally blew it by literally just getting up and walking off onscreen, and instead of going 'i mean some wheelchair bound people can walk a little bit depending on how they're feeling' he just had his girlfriend react like shed just seen the resurrection of christ

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

yep

GunChicka posted:

I'll explain, but it's really stupid. Didn't intend to make up a character at first, just registered for LP's and stuff but my life is really boring and I liked reading E/N so I had an idea for a crazy e/n thread I planned on stretching out for a long time. I just googled for pictures to use (which is really inconsiderate in hind sight but I figured I was just making up a story and it was harmless as they were public) as I wanted to lay some groundwork so when my story started becoming unbelievable and people dug up posts it'd seem more believable. Anyhow I got carried away with posting and shouldn't have used someone else's pictures. It was all a dumb idea anyways and I regret it. Everyone return to normal and I'll do better things with my time and just feel really embarrassed about this whole thing from and never post again.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

lol

quote:

I'll forgive you because at least you didn't try some lame 'aha! that was my plan all along and you fell for it' bullshit.

quote:

Kudos for coming clean

quote:

actually i respect you for this. most people kinda go radio silent or roll with the punches (urgh sorry) or puppet master or some stupid bullshit.

you owned up, and the gimmick was a good one. and don't stop posting, you seem like a chill person in general gimmick or not.

:)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this is one of those things where the only response is to either not post again or to just go 'yeah this was really stupid of me to do sorry' without any further explanation or backstory

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Nuns with Guns posted:

That whole page needs to be purged after the Plutonis link to her ban and it needs to be locked in a bomb-proof glass vault like the Mona Lisa.

this

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

They blanked a lot of posts from that picture thread, which I assume were all stolen pics of the pretty wheelchair lady :pwn:

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Chewbecca posted:

They blanked a lot of posts from that picture thread, which I assume were all stolen pics of the pretty wheelchair lady :pwn:

You got it.
I remember when they were posting. Can confirm.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Violen posted:

woke up with an intrusive thought and dont know where else to post it

thanks everyone

lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Violen posted:

woke up with an intrusive thought and dont know where else to post it

thanks everyone

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 37 hours!
Saw a clip earlier of some dude raging at TotK because he couldn't outrun lightning on his horse, and it was Phil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Spanish Manlove posted:

cowcaster always was a g

Spanish Manlove posted:

long story short, grover thought of himself as a lieutenant colonel (and called himself one) because his government contractor paygrade was on par with one

lmao i did not know this piece of the grover story, extremely grover