Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Anyone have any idea on size on the PS5? Need to clear some room up on the drive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Medullah posted:

Anyone have any idea on size on the PS5? Need to clear some room up on the drive.

What's preloaded for me at this point is 53.5 gigs or thereabouts. I assume that is everything, when I started the download it seemed to give me the option to download the world tour mode and the battle hub/online ranked mode separately as well but I didn't fully look at it, just selected yes to everything.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
I would prefer that I were playing this game.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

BurningBeard posted:

Same but I have a feeling the servers are gonna be hosed all weekend

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

hello internet posted:

If training mode works I won't even care.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

It will be fine next week when 75% of the people who bought it get pissed off at playing a fighting game and never play again.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

hello internet posted:

I have it from good sources* the system admins are going to drink an absolute pallet of Mountain Dew and blast Indestructible through the PA all weekend, so they'll probably be fine.

*a 5 follower Twitter account named @StreetSteezy69

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

hello internet posted:

Aside from the very start of the launch they held up pretty great for the open beta, so here's hoping at least!

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jack Trades posted:

Have we seen SF6's intro?

I think so in the demo it talks about elon musk poo poo like rockets to mars and self driving cars and then goes gently caress that stuff we just want to get strong!

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005
Don't take me for an ordinary man

Real hurthling! posted:

I think so in the demo it talks about elon musk poo poo like rockets to mars and self driving cars and then goes gently caress that stuff we just want to get strong!

That's just an ad for Luke's lovely gym.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

they will never top this

https://youtu.be/cirs39GCDQs

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

BurningBeard posted:

:hai:

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I have learned that JP can combo off his throw from anywhere on screen with no meter spent
https://twitter.com/BurkishMan/status/1663994972163506178

SF6 is cancelled, pack it all up

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Why can't I preload this on PS5? Neither my console itself nor the app give me an option to start the download. :argh:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Weird Pumpkin posted:

I have learned that JP can combo off his throw from anywhere on screen with no meter spent

*With a specific set up, looks like you need to space that trap properly. Probably useful to threaten with after knockdown, if he has time to set it safely

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

In Training posted:

*With a specific set up, looks like you need to space that trap properly. Probably useful to threaten with after knockdown, if he has time to set it safely

Yeah, the big thing is to not get sandwiched between him and the portal when you're working your way in and you're golden. It does look pretty flexible in terms of range since the portal hit is pretty big

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Seems like you could just hit him for an enormous punish if he has to be right in your face on setting the trap. I guess it's possible a drive rush heavy canceled into that or something might have enough blockstun, but that still seems awfully slow.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

chumbler posted:

Seems like you could just hit him for an enormous punish if he has to be right in your face on setting the trap. I guess it's possible a drive rush heavy canceled into that or something might have enough blockstun, but that still seems awfully slow.

Do we know if the portals expire after a certain time/if he blocks a hit?

I'm mostly assuming the situation will come up when he gets a hard knockdown on you, then sets up the portals for mix potential/catching you coming in for an extension to compliment his zoning game

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I thought they just popped after a set time, so the whole setup would be very timing and spacing dependent. I may be wrong on that, though.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
They pop after a set time or you can manually pop them. That requires a command and an animation though so it's not what's happening in that clip, he's just timing the throw.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

chumbler posted:

I thought they just popped after a set time, so the whole setup would be very timing and spacing dependent. I may be wrong on that, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHMQW39c36c&t=82s

Oh I think you're right, I assumed he controlled when they popped since he can teleport to them. In that case yeah it's not really that big a deal since he can't just threaten you with it for long periods of time.

(tbh I just wanted to make the joke more than anything)

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Weird Pumpkin posted:

No matter how many times I whoop someone in a hilariously one sided match, I never get hate mail. I want this to change and that's why I'll be maining this rear end in a top hat.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

I'm a Gief main and was interested in Manon, thinking I would play Gief and try her out later, then I saw a video where one of her neutral kicks pulled an opponent in so that should command grab them and now I can't wait to play her.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

I'm a Gief main and was interested in Manon, thinking I would play Gief and try her out later, then I saw a video where one of her neutral kicks pulled an opponent in so that should command grab them and now I can't wait to play her.

Yeah she has a couple combos with a vacuum effect that drags the opponent right into her face. The downside is they're punishable on block so if you can't confirm it, you're gonna get exploded.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
You can unlock outfit 2 in World Tour or just buy them outright

https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/1664029347551014912?s=20

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Thinking of getting this for PC. Do we know if console users will have the option to exclude playing with PC nerds?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

can't believe capcom said "gently caress it, uncensor the old Juri costume" they are just going for broke lol

also owns you can earn all these for free

KOMI
Sep 21, 2005
If you own SFV you can link your CAPCOM ID anytime before July 31st and receive the following:

a copy of Super Street Fighter II Turbo (can be played anytime by going to Multi Menu > Gallery > Game Center)
46 additional "Longtime [Character name] Player" Player Titles

Can be done here:
https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/sf6_campaign/

KOMI fucked around with this message at 23:12 on May 31, 2023

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

can't believe capcom said "gently caress it, uncensor the old Juri costume" they are just going for broke lol

also owns you can earn all these for free

Eh they picked a midway point and it looks worse than what was actually in SF5. The black bodysuit underneath made the whole look come together way better. Also old Cammy is like, right there.

Manon's and Marisa's new costumes look so good. Really they all do, and I'm glad it seems like they have some actual designers working on the outfits now considering SF5 had a lot of terrible ones, even as someone who didn't hate how SF5 looked.

Seriously though, how do you make mecha Juri and not give her drills for her hair?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1664029353758576641?cxt=HHwWgsDS6a_46JcuAAAA

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Manon 2, aka my default

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I will buy all of these DLC.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

morestuff posted:

You can unlock outfit 2 in World Tour or just buy them outright

https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/1664029347551014912?s=20

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The voice of the muse really sang for these developers huh. Jesus christ.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Non-twitter embed of Outfit 2 reveals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNKO77QDCN4

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
I really like these (generally simpler) alt costumes--the RE engine does so well with skin and muscle, I think I prefer a lot of them to the vanilla versions.

Now I will return to praying on Capcom's downfall for their evil battlepass (unless it turns out to not be that bad).

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

They are really going hard on Juri's foot stuff in this huh? What is always this over the top?

If you told me this was a scene from a Yakuza game, I'd believe you.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

If any of those Cammy concept art costumes are on the fighter pass, welp, guess I'm buying the fighter pass thing lol.

chumbler posted:

Eh they picked a midway point and it looks worse than what was actually in SF5. The black bodysuit underneath made the whole look come together way better. Also old Cammy is like, right there.

I think it looks better. Embrace the horny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I wish they'd brought back Luke's Olympics jersey but otherwise can't complain