Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

never seen it but no it wasn't

it was stfu bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

dudes who havent seen the watchmen show < jaxyon

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Whirling posted:

I honestly don't get why Ted Lasso isn't a children's show. Just have the football team be a bunch of pre-teens and you can easily have your sappy bullshit where they learn to be respectful to women and that having fun is more important than winning

LOL at this

anyhow Ted Lasso was perfectly fine for the first 2 seasons and an enjoyable watch.

this season has mostly been real dumb

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

it was stfu bitch

who watches the watchmen? not me, because that poo poo looked like garbage!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
I enjoyed hbo watchmen. way more entertaining than Snyder watchmen

mostly bc jeremy irons and super lubeman was fun

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

TV Watchmen was good. if anything it deserves credit for teaching americans about the Tulsa Race Massacre

Jaxyon posted:

anyhow Ted Lasso was perfectly fine for the first 2 seasons and an enjoyable watch.

the Coach Beard's night out ep in season 2 was pretty bad and a sign of things to come

pretty sure Ted Lasso's success only happened because everyone was forced inside by plague, traumatized, and desperate for anything to feel good about

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

MonsieurChoc posted:

Man, Mister Eko owned too.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I liked the book cloud atlas.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Durf posted:

TV Watchmen was good. if anything it deserves credit for teaching americans about the Tulsa Race Massacre

I've spoken to any number of other white folks who were like "is that real" to that, and to Lovecraft Country.

And yes, I confirmed the gender changing wizards in LC were real. And the racist stuff.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
At least Hurley was there for fat and hawaian rep.

He was also cool.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Saw this in another thread, gotta find the time to read it soon. I loved LOST in the moment but have always sworn that I'd never revisit it, and this probably won't help.

Also I love what an unintentional snapshot of mid-00s fashion that promo shot is.

Durf posted:

thats an oof

my wife stopped watching because of the way they wrote off Eko. i guess she sensed why that happened

edit: jesus

Good Christ

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

remember when people were saying his Watchmen show was good lol

That’s only because they thought they were going to get favors from him for flattering him.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Whirling posted:

really wish that those tweets of him being transphobic ended his career but i think there's some sort of unspoken agreement that people could be horrendously publicly bigoted until like 2014 or so

There was also the time when he compared to the George Floyd protestors to a bunch of hooligans fighting over a Metallica t-shirt. But sometimes it’s hard to differentiate his real opinions from the simpering company man poo poo he’s says because he thinks it will please his bosses at Disney.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

robocop 3 might get a bad rap but cch pounder steals the show

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

wtf catching up on Lost lore

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/JLCauvin/status/1663694276453191680

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
fake trump impressions in 2023 are boring + patently unfunny + terribad garbage

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Xaris posted:

Trump AI however...

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/nick_field90/status/1664038878905348097

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Xaris posted:

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

leftovers good. watchmen good. mrs david good. Lindelof good. nuff said

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

oh god hes back and posting a million tweets again @_@

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

lmao it looks like the faceapp morph between Tom Hanks and Ice T

the secret origin of Chet hanks

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

AnimeIsTrash posted:

dudes who havent seen the watchmen show < jaxyon

yep

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Whirling posted:

I honestly don't get why Ted Lasso isn't a children's show. Just have the football team be a bunch of pre-teens and you can easily have your sappy bullshit where they learn to be respectful to women and that having fun is more important than winning

:yeah: A premier league team operating on "just go out and have fun" just feels strange, and either way the football is very much not the focus on this show. They're obviously setting up Nate to take over the team but he would not be hurting for job prospects after a season like that, once you make it to top flight management you bounce around there for as long as you keep bringing in results, it's the same guys for decades.

Jaxyon posted:

LOL at this

this season has mostly been real dumb

I feel like it's picked up over the last couple episodes, but yeah S3 is easily the worst of them.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Antonymous posted:

no, that's not true true

hugh grant is fun in it.

the yellowface, not so much

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ted Lasso sucks, I have been over this at length

Its main sin is that it is a comedy that is not funny and contains no jokes

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns
Ted Lasso has Anthony Stewart Head in it so I cannot hate the show 100% no matter how much my brain tries to make it so

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

never seen it but no it isn't eh maybe it is actually, i dunno. my friend met Carrie Coon and said she was nice, she was on that show right

She's incredible in it.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I have no idea what a ted lasso is

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

loquacius posted:

Ted Lasso sucks, I have been over this at length

Its main sin is that it is a comedy that is not funny and contains no jokes

The jokes mainly consist of making a reference to a show or song.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

bedpan posted:

I have no idea what a ted lasso is

In theory it is a show about a football coach who is hired to coach a premier league soccer team because the owner is trying to intentionally sabotage it to make her ex mad

In practice it's about the personal lives of a bunch of intensely unlikable English people and Jason Sudeikis says cringe corny poo poo that is supposed to be dad jokes but is actually worse

It is saying a lot that I am criticizing a show for featuring less soccer than advertised but I don't care about any of these people. It's worse than that, even. I anti-care about them. I actively wish them ill and they're not even funny. The show's supposed villain is an evil billionaire, but it can't keep that up for more than three episodes before expecting you to empathize with her for having had a bad divorce. I don't care!!!!!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

skooma512 posted:

The jokes mainly consist of making a reference to a show or song.

The Bear features a minor character whose sense of humor is like this and correctly expects the audience to dislike him for it

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

loquacius posted:

In theory it is a show about a football coach who is hired to coach a premier league soccer team because the owner is trying to intentionally sabotage it to make her ex mad

In practice it's about the personal lives of a bunch of intensely unlikable English people and Jason Sudeikis says cringe corny poo poo that is supposed to be dad jokes but is actually worse

It is saying a lot that I am criticizing a show for featuring less soccer than advertised but I don't care about any of these people. It's worse than that, even. I anti-care about them. I actively wish them ill and they're not even funny. The show's supposed villain is an evil billionaire, but it can't keep that up for more than three episodes before expecting you to empathize with her for having had a bad divorce. I don't care!!!!!

thanks for the summary!

I feel enormously satisfied in my continuing decision to ignore ted lasso

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Thinking about how Corporate fixed the Game Of Thronea finale by sticking a "too be continued" at the end.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
cloud atlas owns, the wachowskis own

beef was very good and still worth watching even if it never brings direct closure to the issues of class & wealth that it touches on; there's enough between the lines

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

C-Euro posted:

Also I love what an unintentional snapshot of mid-00s fashion that promo shot is.

see also: Hellraiser: Hellworld (2005)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I just saw the french Musketeers movie with the family, it ruled.

I’ll talk about it more when I’m home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Militarydotcom/status/1664084622286761984?s=20