Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Endorph posted:

i think you are reading a lot into a company blandly adding a single recent release to its regular customer survey

I mean, y'all brought it up. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Yeah but 1. Never use the EGO because I'm too lazy to get them and use nothing beyond Zayin because I'm too lazy to play correctly
2. I barely remember the event in the Mirror Dungeon due to just trying to speedrun it

this is called a lack of object permanence

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

YES bread posted:

this is called a lack of object permanence

Or it's just wanting to see big number without having having to min-max some stuff. I mean, I literally rigged some poll just to get an easy solution instead of actually facing the challenge ahead. The Eye facing the Fear, breaking the cycle as they say nowadays.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Or it's just wanting to see big number without having having to min-max some stuff. I mean, I literally rigged some poll just to get an easy solution instead of actually facing the challenge ahead. The Eye facing the Fear, breaking the cycle as they say nowadays.

sure but forgetting about the ballet ribbon bondage dance because you dont play the EGO animations doesnt mean its not horny or that pm doesn't have horny content

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
The event dungeon was a lazy copy paste of a single mirror dungeon level, with two events that had objectively correct responses, and the entire thing could be beaten by a mediocre team spamming the auto button, except the boss who was a jerk.

There was nothing to the level worth remembering. The story stuff was pretty funny though

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Colin Mockery posted:

sure but forgetting about the ballet ribbon bondage dance because you dont play the EGO animations doesnt mean its not horny or that pm doesn't have horny content

There a difference between having boobies everywhere/everyone simp for you and just a few EGO with one or two event

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

L.U.I.G.I posted:

There a difference between having boobies everywhere/everyone simp for you and just a few EGO with one or two event

So you keep saying this but ignore the fact that the barring Arknights (and to be fair, what comparatively small amount of sexual content it has compared to the rest of the game can be pretty tame compared to most gacha games barring maybe one or two exceptions) the games involved in this discussion didn't really do that on either end of what you've said. Like, what are you trying to even say?

Heck, you said you just memory holed the roseate desire ego stuff so it sounds like you're just uncomfortable with anything to do with sexuality in games? I mean, that's okay if that's the case! But you're really misconstruing both games in that regard.

Also, I just read this and

Ibram Gaunt posted:

N. Heathcliff eats brainwashing cum out of a can.

This is top tier cursed content. gently caress you for making me unable to unsee that now. :lol:

Archonex fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jun 1, 2023

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

Archonex posted:

So you keep saying this but ignore the fact that the barring Arknights (and to be fair, what comparatively small amount of sexual content it has compared to the rest of the game can be pretty tame compared to most gacha games barring maybe one or two exceptions) the games involved in this discussion didn't really do that on either end of what you've said. Like, what are you trying to even say?

Heck, you said you just memory holed the roseate desire ego stuff so it sounds like you're just uncomfortable with anything to do with sexuality in games? I mean, that's okay if that's the case! But you're really misconstruing both games in that regard.

It seem that I have forsaken my abilities to read and forgot to talk about the guys to girl ratio in game, which is another moot point I have with the gacha genre.

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain
I will idly note that according to Wonderlab, not all of the ocean is some kind of polluted hellscape. One of the protagonists looks back fondly on their childhood memories of swimming, for example, and the waters shown look pretty nice.

Furthermore, while I personally subscribe to the theory of Nosferatu as a "natural" Abno and the one who shared blood with the first Bloodfiends, I don't think there's any hard confirmation yet, and we may not get it for a little while.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
They sent out a warning on Twitter: There's a glitch on the Android version that they're still trying to iron out, but IOS and Steam versions are fine.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
I mean, I bondage and horniness can have deeper meanings as well, like the Pink Ribbon is the pursuit of pleasure to blind yourself to everything else.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i burned all my lunacy, but got rodion!!!

the kurokumo one :negative:

e: also YiSangCoins are worthless, you get one per pull and need 200 to get the id so welp

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jun 1, 2023

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
Took 70 pulls for new Rodya, so I've got 64 left. Not bad. Still no EGO ever pulled from the gacha.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

My second 10 pull got me both of 'em, plus Hex Nail! Think that's my most stacked pull yet!

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Well, I just experienced the comback kid that is The Who Will Grip. They beat Sinclair in a clash? He loses sanity and becomes more powerful, making it more likely to win the next one. They kill one of my sinners, reducing my damage potential? He becomes more powerful, fulfilling their role and his. He's my constant top damage dealer.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Arzaac posted:

My second 10 pull got me both of 'em, plus Hex Nail! Think that's my most stacked pull yet!

Nice, whenever I get super stacked pulls like that it's usually W Meursault showing up to make me sad

e: I'm bummed I didn't get new Rodion but whatever I have all season to work up the shards for her

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jun 1, 2023

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
okay I keep getting this glitch where the game will half-freeze (it still accepts inputs to pause/use the settings menu, and the music still plays) after someone does a T3 attack, preventing me from, like, doing any actual fights. That's annoying.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Junpei posted:

okay I keep getting this glitch where the game will half-freeze (it still accepts inputs to pause/use the settings menu, and the music still plays) after someone does a T3 attack, preventing me from, like, doing any actual fights. That's annoying.

oh hey that glitch is back

i wonder which localization error caused it

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg
The new-new sanity changes have brought single-coin skills back down a fair bit and definitely make the early turns *way* more crucial to play properly in order to get your motors revved up, especially (paradoxically) on higher-level characters who aren't going to be getting SAN from kills. I do love all the new Sanity-based UI elements though, especially the cheat sheet on every character's page that also includes their Panic type.

Pull-wise I got Meursault on the first 10-pull and Rodion in the second, keeping me squeaky clean at 100% again with 5.5 tickets to spare.

Lt. Lizard posted:

Considering that the Season change is tomorrow, what did you all spend your Egoshards on, out of curiosity?

I didn't! :v:

(Also +350 Nomnom Crates and 349 threadbox)

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
second pull of the new extraction got me faust telepole

i mean, i'm technically not gonna complain, but

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
when was the next Uptie Tier coming? I thought that was start of the season

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Yeah, I did a 10 pull and also got Telepole.

Why not? :D

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
okay, rose rodya (rosedya?) uptie cutscene is very funny

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

interestingly the rose ids are season 2 specific

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

MotU posted:

when was the next Uptie Tier coming? I thought that was start of the season

Mid July with the new refraction railroad

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Yinlock posted:

interestingly the rose ids are season 2 specific

Rodion's story segment does end with her getting a call from K corp.

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

Junpei posted:

They sent out a warning on Twitter: There's a glitch on the Android version that they're still trying to iron out, but IOS and Steam versions are fine.

Speaking of the Steam version, they rolled out the anti-cheat stuff on that version, right?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Okay they're aware of the problem and are working on fixing it (the freezing), it's enemy deaths that cause it.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
When did AOE egos like Faust's representation emitter and fluid sac start double targeting skills? It's a massive nerf to her in particular because now RE can only hit more than one enemy if they only have one skill each, while fluid sac only hits two enemies if they have two skills instead of three.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Arzaac posted:

Can't wait until we get the inevitable melting love EGOs

Looks like Ishmael is first in line for that.

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".
they stealth nerfed like 5 different things along with breaking poo poo; i haven't seen Shank's 4th coin go off once

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Cirina posted:

When did AOE egos like Faust's representation emitter and fluid sac start double targeting skills? It's a massive nerf to her in particular because now RE can only hit more than one enemy if they only have one skill each, while fluid sac only hits two enemies if they have two skills instead of three.

If what you mean is that enemies with (for example) 2 skills "take" 2 targets from AoE attacks without taking any extra damage, then that was in the game from the beginning. Targeting of AoE attacks is on skill basis, so if a single enemy uses multiple skills, they can be targeted multiple times, despite still taking only 1 AoE attack. Abnormality parts are occasionally considered different entities, so they are an exception and some Abnormalities can be hit with multiple AoE attacks from one AoE skill.

If a single skill can now be targeted multiple times by an AoE attack, then that's new and probably a bug.

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

Lt. Lizard posted:

If what you mean is that enemies with (for example) 2 skills "take" 2 targets from AoE attacks without taking any extra damage, then that was in the game from the beginning. Targeting of AoE attacks is on skill basis, so if a single enemy uses multiple skills, they can be targeted multiple times, despite still taking only 1 AoE attack. Abnormality parts are occasionally considered different entities, so they are an exception and some Abnormalities can be hit with multiple AoE attacks from one AoE skill.

If a single skill can now be targeted multiple times by an AoE attack, then that's new and probably a bug.

the change is that human enemies also count as abno parts for double dipping now, which is Cool

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Probe 17 posted:

I will idly note that according to Wonderlab, not all of the ocean is some kind of polluted hellscape. One of the protagonists looks back fondly on their childhood memories of swimming, for example, and the waters shown look pretty nice.

Furthermore, while I personally subscribe to the theory of Nosferatu as a "natural" Abno and the one who shared blood with the first Bloodfiends, I don't think there's any hard confirmation yet, and we may not get it for a little while.

I figure Nosferatu is like the Birds/Red Riding Hooded Mercenary/White Night/Apocalypse Birds yes. "Natural" Abnormalities that arrived/spontaneously appeared (although White Night sort of didn't and sort of did) but are the same process that Lobotomy Corp studied and then "perfected" with their bucket system.

Remember, Lobotomy Corp is manifesting things from the collective subconsciousness, they already "exist" within the sea of human souls/thought???? and things have escaped/been born of it before Lob Corp actually fully developed their technology (birds, magical girls maybe).

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jun 1, 2023

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
(Canto IV final chapter spoilers) Well that definitely raises a few questions.

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

Verant posted:

Don gets all 3, and that's how you unlock her ALEPH Apocalypse Bird EGO.

I'd say that, with the heavy bird motif that the two have, it'd be more likely to be either for Yi Sang or Sinclair.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

early in ch4: is k-corp the main media corp? maximizing the amount of fear and rage through sensationalist coverage of 1.5% of the daily bloodshed?

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Lt. Lizard posted:

No I mean that for example: You have three enemies, they have 2 skills each. You use Fluid Sac, it for some reason targets the first enemy's skills twice, with a 2x label on them, and the second enemy's first skill once. The third enemy is untouched. Previously all three enemies would be hit because the first two would have both their skills targeted and then it'd overflow to the third. There is absolutely no increase in damage whatsoever to the first enemy either.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, that's new and hopefully a bug. Guess I'll see for myself once they fix the Android version and I will be finally able to play. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

RandomReader posted:

Speaking of the Steam version, they rolled out the anti-cheat stuff on that version, right?

Wait they did? loving gently caress