Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
Cassette Beasts so good. It's like if Nintendo actually continued their sprite based Pokemon games after B&W.

Adios - wasn't this quite good?

Planet of Lana good so far. As others have said, a bit lighter than Limbo, Inside or Somerville which is no bad thing.

Excited for Amnesia as well.

EDIT: Also - although no-one still cares, Halo Infinite is on a very long road to redemption I think. They are increasing the pace of new content and finally adding an account level progression system (rather than only battlepasses). If they can get any form of PVE up and running so much the better.

Jables88 fucked around with this message at 11:11 on May 31, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Excited to try Rune Factory 4. I played 2 or 3 a long time ago and had a good time.

If anyone enjoyed Stardew Valley, give Rune Factory a look. It's the game that SV shamelessly copied everything from (and did a worse job IMO).

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Scoss posted:

Excited to try Rune Factory 4. I played 2 or 3 a long time ago and had a good time.

If anyone enjoyed Stardew Valley, give Rune Factory a look. It's the game that SV shamelessly copied everything from (and did a worse job IMO).

It copied everything but the anime.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

MarcusSA posted:

It copied everything but the anime.

The one thing Star Valley lacks is anime titties.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Is System Shock remake out on Xbox? I thought it released yesterday but is it just on PC?

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Escape Goat posted:

Is System Shock remake out on Xbox? I thought it released yesterday but is it just on PC?

Just pc for now.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Wouldn’t hold your breath on that one , given it took them 8 years to get it on PC

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
How exactly does the changing time zone things work?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Go into your Xbox settings and change your console location to New Zealand. It won’t help you with an online game like Diablo 4 but I was able to play stuff like Forza and Elden Ring like 18 hours early.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

American McGay posted:

Go into your Xbox settings and change your console location to New Zealand. It won’t help you with an online game like Diablo 4 but I was able to play stuff like Forza and Elden Ring like 18 hours early.

There is an option to change the time separately. Do I need to change that too?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
No it doesn’t care. Just the region.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I really hate the diablo 4 tv ads

Miserable looking villagers begging you to save them it’s loving weird!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tankbuster posted:

where is todd's new game?

September 5, 2023

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019

Tankbuster posted:

where is todd's new game?

morrowind came out two decades ago

then todd kept re-releasing it with more graphics and called them new games

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BoosterDuck posted:

morrowind came out two decades ago

then todd kept re-releasing it with more graphics and called them new games

🤣🤣🤣

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Could you imagine Morrowind remastered with new graphics properly tho? That'd rule.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

loooks fine on series x

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

syntaxfunction posted:

Could you imagine Morrowind remastered with new graphics properly tho? That'd rule.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64DdkXNB1C4

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

They should put Daggerfall Unity on Xbox. So I can try it out for an hour or so before going back to Skyrim.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
We all knew this was coming:

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1664226073465298944?s=46&t=JsbrXZLeMaksMidW9RvL9A

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Everytime some $100 million AAA game flops, Jason Schreier only grows in power. Put an end to this madness Phil Spencer I implore you.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Instead of being hands off Microsoft should have canceled it and taken the heat from insane gamers

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Instead of being hands off Microsoft should have canceled it and taken the heat from insane gamers

People still give them guff about Scalebound, a game that looked like poo poo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

if they did this there wouldn't be a single new xbox game :(

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Dead console.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Posted on the day both Diablo IV and Street Fighter 6 become playable.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

univbee posted:

Posted on the day both Diablo IV and Street Fighter 6 become playable.

I'm not sure Diablo will be playable today

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Barudak posted:

People still give them guff about Scalebound, a game that looked like poo poo

Scalebound was still a game about fighting with your dragon buddy while wearing Beats By Dre and was therefore way more interesting than Redfall ever looked.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Sure, with the 4 days early access.. 3 days and half, if you consider servers saturated. 2 days.. would anyone image they wold make a maintenance in the mid of a early access? [ 1 days, the servers doing maintenance for the release day easly access.

note: hopefully is only 2 hours of server troubletimes and not a lot of poo poo

On my timezone is tomorrow anyway.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Fair point.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
Can anyone explain this product? Why is someone making new, 360-style Xbox controllers (but they are clearly actual modern series controllers, cause they’ve got the capture button) Do people actually like the 360 aesthetic that much?

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1664271929300385795?s=46&t=2RY_uo2WRuSeogVv1yJs7A

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Hyperkin also made the remake of the Duke controller so yeah it's probably that.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I like those and the price, but literally everyone in my household will be confused by them because I still have a 360 setup near the tv.

I'm not a strong proponent of either the 360 controller or the Xbone controller. They're fine. :shrug:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

super fart shooter posted:

Can anyone explain this product? Why is someone making new, 360-style Xbox controllers (but they are clearly actual modern series controllers, cause they’ve got the capture button) Do people actually like the 360 aesthetic that much?

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1664271929300385795?s=46&t=2RY_uo2WRuSeogVv1yJs7A

nostalgia

the 360 is 18 years old now. people with disposable income had it as their first console.

360 is retro now, OP

(i own a Hyperkin Duke controller myself)

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Off the top of my head, here's a list of first-party Xbox games that were announced multiple years ago and haven't been seen in any form since at least 2021:

Fable
Avowed
Everwild
Perfect Dark
Contraband
Indiana Jones
Outer Worlds 2
Hellblade II
State of Decay 3

I'm not expecting every single one of those games to show up at the showcase, but we really ought to be seeing most of them resurface at this point

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Barry Convex posted:

Off the top of my head, here's a list of first-party Xbox games that were announced multiple years ago and haven't been seen in any form since at least 2021:

Fable
Avowed
Everwild
Perfect Dark
Contraband
Indiana Jones
Outer Worlds 2
Hellblade II
State of Decay 3

I'm not expecting every single one of those games to show up at the showcase, but we really ought to be seeing most of them resurface at this point

None of those exist. Phil has redirected all of Xbox resources to making vampire survivors clones.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

70 percent of the people who worked on Prey left Arkane Austin because they didn't want to work on multiplayer junk. Great job Zenimax. Also, hopefully Xbox isn't as hands off with some of this stuff in the future. Double edged sword I guess. Should have just cancelled that poo poo.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

External Organs posted:

None of those exist. Phil has redirected all of Xbox resources to making vampire survivors clones.

Oh no! Vampire Survivors clones? How awful! Where are these clones, so that I can specifically avoid those? :allears:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

they’re all on steam and they suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
My buddy tried to get me to check out Bonemaster Minions “uhh actually it’s pretty good, I think I like it better than VS” lol fuvk off dude. You’re lucky I don’t kill you right here in the street.