Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Frosted Flake posted:

Why is America like this?

the concept of a society where people live as equals before god with their property owned by the community as a whole is something for queers and communists and i want money and to grill

thank you jesus god for sending donald trump

zetamind2000 has issued a correction as of 13:45 on Jun 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Frosted Flake posted:

rejection of humanism with toys and treats to replace it

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/wsbtv/status/1664157552366477313?t=_sHbuejN32XVxEHMz3ft6Q&s=19

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Gorson posted:

rejection of humanism with toys and treats to replace it

we all get to live like kings on plush thrones with infinite jesters to entertain us what are you complaining about?

...boundless, unending human misery, the death of the human spirit, and the total collapse of empathy in society?

oh yeah I guess *kicks dirt*

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Frosted Flake posted:

To Britain: We learned it by watching you!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

this is very good

he interviews Andrew Bacevich. I remember picking up that book from a used bookstore after hearing Dan Carlin talk about it and it really changed how I looked at American foreign policy at a time when I was still a dumb teenage liberal

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Frosted Flake posted:

The Nazis won.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

worth watching the hedges and wolff videos

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/1664148366480261120?cxt=HHwWgIDS2emHn5guAAAA

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

bares repeating

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

id make the argument that at this point in time atleast 90% of the information disseminated online an average person consumes is just Bot generated garbage.

it even states in the article it had over 50,000 accounts following it. you wanna bet how many of them were even actual people? It's really really easy to generate dozens if not hundreds of accounts with just a few lines of Python. I hate it. I hate what this industry has become :smith:

also

quote:

But Royalty was 20 months when she died, not 21, and unlike the baby in the TikTok video, she was Black, not white.

:lol: that's not news!1!1!:downs:

BornAPoorBlkChild has issued a correction as of 13:50 on Jun 1, 2023

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

to revisit the reddit chat last night

a few years ago i was a good place for backpacking info. reconnaissance on routes, conditions from locals, etc. actual information about technical things.

those subreddits are mostly gear advice and instagram/tiktok posts now. worthless. very little information on novel subjects anymore. it was the only thing i used reddit for. now i don't use it at all

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

this is very bad

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1664226073465298944?t=J0pxt5sQpqhqmEIT3l_gKw&s=19

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

worthless.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

i love that journalism websites just let you read the headline and that's it now. cool, thanks!

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i love that journalism websites just let you read the headline and that's it now. cool, thanks!

Especially when that headline is ragebait that has nothing to do with the article's contents but throws more fuel into the alt right dumpster fire

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Filling vacancies became a challenge. Within the industry, ZeniMax had a reputation for paying lower than average salaries, and convincing some progressive or moderate video game developers to move to Texas could be difficult due to the state’s conservative social policies. Since Redfall wasn’t yet announced, the studio couldn’t describe its details to prospective employees — a predicament that exacerbated the staffing issues, sources familiar with the process said. Arkane wanted to hire recruits with experience on multiplayer shooters, but the people who applied were by and large looking to work on single-player immersive sims.

lol

also the game has microtransactions planned up until a 2021

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

this is very bad

They have been teasing this loving Police Training facility for way too long at this point. you either gonna make the godforsaken thing or not? i dunno maybe it's some Real Estate scam poo poo or something like everything else Atlanta related:v:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Ummmmmm BLS put out revised numbers for q4 2022 and new preliminary numbers for q1 2023. Both revised down a ton.

Biggest thing I see is worker wages are plummeting in the face of inflation according to the BLS

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'm surprised this isn't lower with the self reported fed numbers where they were
https://twitter.com/LiveSquawk/status/1664266971540787202?t=StI7GVbH_2UTcIToNxS2vQ&s=19

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
This is interesting. I would’ve expected the markets to get a little bump today at least in the AM.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Mr Hootington posted:

Ummmmmm BLS put out revised numbers for q4 2022 and new preliminary numbers for q1 2023. Both revised down a ton.

Biggest thing I see is worker wages are plummeting in the face of inflation according to the BLS
Wow, I'm so surprised this happened!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

a few years ago i was a good place for backpacking info. reconnaissance on routes, conditions from locals, etc. actual information about technical things.

those subreddits are mostly gear advice and instagram/tiktok posts now. worthless. very little information on novel subjects anymore. it was the only thing i used reddit for. now i don't use it at all

the dungeons & dragons subreddit is nothing but "here's a drawing of my character!" posts. no discussion of design, of GM advice, of homebrew

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

as long as it's just apollo's reddit reading app, and not the other good apollo, everything is fine.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

the dungeons & dragons subreddit is nothing but "here's a drawing of my character!" posts. no discussion of design, of GM advice, of homebrew

I read a few bicycling subreddits and same poo poo there, 1/4th useful posts 3/4s "here's a picture of me with my bicycle in front of a tree"

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Filling vacancies became a challenge. Within the industry, ZeniMax had a reputation for paying lower than average salaries, and convincing some progressive or moderate video game developers to move to Texas could be difficult due to the state’s conservative social policies. Since Redfall wasn’t yet announced, the studio couldn’t describe its details to prospective employees — a predicament that exacerbated the staffing issues, sources familiar with the process said. Arkane wanted to hire recruits with experience on multiplayer shooters, but the people who applied were by and large looking to work on single-player immersive sims.

lol

also the game has microtransactions planned up until a 2021

Totally stunned that the company known to pay like poo poo and was forcing everyone to move to Texas couldn't get any good talent

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

cat botherer posted:

Wow, I'm so surprised this happened!

It is making me raise my eyebrows at the q4 GDP numbers.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

hmm seems bad, better revise that a third time.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I read a few bicycling subreddits and same poo poo there, 1/4th useful posts 3/4s "here's a picture of me with my bicycle in front of a tree"

i love bikes in front of trees. sometimes ill even do bike in front of river.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Nsfw reddits have the same problem to the point that many have sticky topics yelling at people to stop posting. It's a serious issue.

See also: the Deck subreddit banning people from posting pics of their Deck wearing a hat or halloween costume

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

That's extra funny because a huge proportion of the administration in school districts, or C suite guys in business, are always running consultant businesses on the side. Often during 'work' hours

But of course, the anger is never at them, that's completely fine!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

you’d never know if your gf held Nenya. idiot

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

investing in stocks etc also seems like a “side hustle”

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

I read this and thought "this sounds like PFC in the trump thread", then I looked at who posted this.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
good news for the poster from yesterday

https://twitter.com/chrisstringer65/status/1664198634508787719?s=61&t=ekRyXxBjaNIALwWgK2O6xQ

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

this is very bad

can't do anything about it sorry

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

mad.radhu posted:

can't do anything about it sorry

Sure we can. We can shovel more money to rich people. Then jobs will be created and we'll all be happy, right?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

SirPablo posted:

I read this and thought "this sounds like PFC in the trump thread", then I looked at who posted this.

no one expects useful info in the trump thread.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

finally someone taking the fight to Big Organized Array of Useful Info

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Mr Hootington posted:

wow who could have predicted falling wages in the face of a concerted push the destroy labor's bargaining power