Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Boneraiser Minions is pretty great, so I'd be looking over my shoulder if I walk in the streets from now on, buddy :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

super fart shooter posted:

Do people actually like the 360 aesthetic that much?

Yes. We are still waiting for the blades to come back.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Xbox Showcase is gonna have Forza come out that day like Hi-Fi Rush. It will not even be close to ready and crash nonstop.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

TheScott2K posted:

Xbox Showcase is gonna have Forza come out that day like Hi-Fi Rush. It will not even be close to ready and crash nonstop.

Awesome.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I love crashing cars sounds great

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

they’re all on steam and they suck

Loop Hero sounds fun and is on Xbox

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

My buddy tried to get me to check out Bonemaster Minions “uhh actually it’s pretty good, I think I like it better than VS” lol fuvk off dude. You’re lucky I don’t kill you right here in the street.

it sucks

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Loop Hero owns. It’s also nothing like Vampire Survivors so I dunno why you brought it up.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I’m kind of interested in trying Brotato but it needs to go on a deep sale before I jump on it.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

American McGay posted:

Loop Hero owns. It’s also nothing like Vampire Survivors so I dunno why you brought it up.

I googled "games like Vampire Survivors" and found a list of 50 games, Loop Hero was at the top.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Loop Hero is like Carcassonne with RPG auto battling, your guy walks in a circle fighting bad guys to get equipment (which you equip) or tiles (which you lay down to power you up or make more baddies spawn). Each time you pass Go the baddies get harder, until you flee back to base camp or get killed back to base camp with fewer resources. It's badass.

Edit you also build your deck of tiles, you unlock more tiles by building stuff in base camp.

welcome fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jun 1, 2023

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Wiltsghost posted:

70 percent of the people who worked on Prey left Arkane Austin because they didn't want to work on multiplayer junk. Great job Zenimax. Also, hopefully Xbox isn't as hands off with some of this stuff in the future. Double edged sword I guess. Should have just cancelled that poo poo.

Yeah... :smugjones:

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

If Microsoft had been more hands-on with Zenimax then Redfall would have been good. It certainly wouldn't have turned out the same amount of hosed up, just differently.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Not much new there but it tracks that the devs were just as confused as the players as to what the game was supposed to be.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

quote:

Since Redfall wasn’t yet announced, the studio couldn’t describe its details to prospective employees — a predicament that exacerbated the staffing issues, sources familiar with the process said. Arkane wanted to hire recruits with experience on multiplayer shooters, but the people who applied were by and large looking to work on single-player immersive sims.
Oh boy it's my first day at Arkane Austin! Maybe I'll get to work on the door codes

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Loop Hero sounds fun and is on Xbox

And, again, this is the kind of game which I feel bad about when I play it on xcloud :xd: Currently I play Chained Echoes which is not much better I guess

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

quote:

Following the commercially unsuccessful release of its sci-fi shooter Prey a year earlier, leadership across the company wanted to make something more broadly appealing. What eventually emerged was the idea to make a multiplayer game in which users would team up to battle vampires and perhaps pay for occasional cosmetic upgrades.

this whole paragraph is a tremendous bummer

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the AAA gaming space is a loving joke

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

ErrEff posted:

Yes. We are still waiting for the blades to come back.

I'm sorry to tell you this but you have a brain tumor and there is no hope for recovery

[quote="Quantum of Phallus" post="532233803"]
[/quote

:hmmyes: every single game I've loved this year has been some form of "less than AAA." Not sure if Stranger of Paradise counts but it was great and clearly done on a budget. Hi-Fi Rush was great, and Pentiment is an early goty contender for me. Star Trek: Resurgence is amazing as a Trek fan and looks like a 360 title most of the time. I haven't played a single triple aaa release this year and tbh I'm fine with it. Still looking forward to trying Starfield and I will play Jedi Survivor when it comes to game pass but AA is killing it right now.

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jun 1, 2023

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

welcome posted:

Loop Hero is like Carcassonne with RPG auto battling, your guy walks in a circle fighting bad guys to get equipment (which you equip) or tiles (which you lay down to power you up or make more baddies spawn). Each time you pass Go the baddies get harder, until you flee back to base camp or get killed back to base camp with fewer resources. It's badass.

Edit you also build your deck of tiles, you unlock more tiles by building stuff in base camp.

Turns out Loop Hero is extremely my jam. Thank you for posting about it.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

The Big Con is kinda nice in a nostalgic way. Not sure if I'll be playing it long, but it's a fun diversion.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

AndrewP posted:

this whole paragraph is a tremendous bummer

Leadership sounds like a clown show. Phil should kill them

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Oh hey got an email that that FanFest theatrical screening will be at a local theater. They provide a link and password.

Password doesn't work lol (Twitter confirms).

edit: apparently email had wrong date in it. D-R-A-M-A

BonoMan fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jun 2, 2023

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
More games leaving Game Pass in addition to the other ones:

Among Us
Cricket 22
Generation Zero
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge
theHunter: Call of the Wild
theHunter: Call of the Wild (Windows)
Naraka: Bladepoint

Hopefully we get a good drop at the showcase.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Weirdly though this year also looks like being an absolute banger, even if it's mostly thanks to remakes, Capcom and Nintendo.

2023 could end up being an all time contender of a year while also being the Year of the Apology.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Fanatic posted:

More games leaving Game Pass in addition to the other ones:

Among Us

God drat it. One of my kids loves Among Us. Probably gonna end up buying it.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I think it’s only five bux

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Why did no one say that both Beautiful Katamari is back compatible and We Love Katamari is now out???

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

hmm

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Well, can you play now with Ultimate?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Is playable with Ultimate, Ultimate Diablo Version.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Tei posted:

Is playable with Ultimate, Ultimate Diablo Version.

Playable with Ultimate Diablo Version on Ultimate Game Pass, right? Right??

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

1glitch0 posted:

Playable with Ultimate Diablo Version on Ultimate Game Pass, right? Right??

drat you England and your bureucrats :argh:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
*hurls ultimate biscuit pass into the sun* You useless PIECE OF poo poo

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/IdleSloth84_/status/1664644670561853444?s=20

:thunk:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Who could forget the X-Box classic SNACK TABLE

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
have such fond memories playing the original xbox classic Food Hall

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Finally, an Xbox port of the PSP game, Exit!

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

1glitch0 posted:

Well, can you play now with Ultimate?

Yes, for a mere €109.99!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

BisterdDave posted:

Finally, an Xbox port of the PSP game, Exit!

There's already a 360 port of the PSP game Exit.

Finally, BC for the 360 port of the PSP game, Exit!