Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm practicing being a boyfriend, pop!

ummm nevermind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm practicing being a boyfriend, pop!

Does this mean what we think it means? Does Dean actually know how to jack off? At that point and time neither he nor Hank even knew what an erection was.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Does this mean what we think it means? Does Dean actually know how to jack off? At that point and time neither he nor Hank even knew what an erection was.

In the episode I'm pretty sure he's prancing to kiss his hand, Rusty thinks exactly what you do from that.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Dean! Have you been shooting dope into your scrotum? You can tell me! I'm hip!

I just love out of touch Rusty is lol.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I wonder what caused him to develop his life long fear of STD's and "diseased women".

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I wonder what caused him to develop his life long fear of STD's and "diseased women".

In one of the first eps (It might even be the pilot) he was set out to find the gay gene and cure it, so I assume just normal aids hysteria and homophobia that he never fully processed. Someone set him straight on the gay thing.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I hope the movie finally resolved the sexual tension between Rusty and Orpheus.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
You wanna go halfsies on a skin flick?

...Kay...

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I found a little ...shall I say. flick? ...Starring Dolly Parton... meow. Seems she made a racy film called The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

pixaal posted:

In one of the first eps (It might even be the pilot) he was set out to find the gay gene and cure it, so I assume just normal aids hysteria and homophobia that he never fully processed. Someone set him straight on the gay thing.

Some implication he's doing that just for the money. I still love the low key running joke that Rusty's only good at super-science that has blatantly villainous purposes or at least themes. Though I also feel a lot of that is that he has a miserable work ethic and no concept of field-testing... and going by his business ventures, Jonas wasn't much better at the best of times.

As for his fear of STDs I wouldn't be surprised if it was seeing Jonas' dick after he'd caught everything going around in the 70s.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Some implication he's doing that just for the money. I still love the low key running joke that Rusty's only good at super-science that has blatantly villainous purposes or at least themes. Though I also feel a lot of that is that he has a miserable work ethic and no concept of field-testing... and going by his business ventures, Jonas wasn't much better at the best of times.

As for his fear of STDs I wouldn't be surprised if it was seeing Jonas' dick after he'd caught everything going around in the 70s.

It doesn't look that mangled in the flash back on the DVD.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Especially since "diseased" even extended to his being revolted at the prospect of Dr. Qumyn being epileptic. Of course in that case it probably helped him dodge a pretty big ethical dilemma.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
You know, I hope the movie has a soundtrack album and that they put the Dr. Orpheus music on it for reasons that do not involve me wearing a cape and ranting operatically at strangers.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

You know, I hope the movie has a soundtrack album and that they put the Dr. Orpheus music on it for reasons that do not involve me wearing a cape and ranting operatically at strangers.

It isn't perfect, but there's this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2MTyvDYjVA

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

pixaal posted:

I found a little ...shall I say. flick? ...Starring Dolly Parton... meow. Seems she made a racy film called The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas.

I would pay money for a weird in character commentary track where Rusty for some reason hate watches the film with a bemused Pete White and Billy.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

A driver just walked into our warehouse and I swear he sounds just like the doctor who works on Hunter. I really wanted to ask him to say "now he can be like a mother to you!"

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Sataere posted:

A driver just walked into our warehouse and I swear he sounds just like the doctor who works on Hunter. I really wanted to ask him to say "now he can be like a mother to you!"

He's your mother! *SLAP*
Your father! *SLAP*
Your mother! *SLAP*

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

...I put in a lot of dose dis year. Ever since the Iron Man, everybody want the robot heart.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

FBS posted:

...I put in a lot of dose dis year. Ever since the Iron Man, everybody want the robot heart.

"Why chu truss me now? Wha's to stop me from killink chu while cho're under?"

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jun 2, 2023

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Brock panicking trying to convince Helper not to engage his rotors as they're both falling through the sky is one of my favourite scenes in the whole show.

I think that whole episode might be in my top 5.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
That was beautiful, was that Maya Angelou?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Was the goliath serum antidote really ranch dressing?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Milo and POTUS posted:

Was the goliath serum antidote really ranch dressing?

I always took it to have been a real cure that just happened to smell like ranch dressing and Doctor Impossible was just claiming that it wasn't an antidote because he's a petty prick like that

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
There was the force field that was dissolved by carb soda. I think having hilariously mundane weaknesses is a standard feature of super-science.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There was the force field that was dissolved by carb soda. I think having hilariously mundane weaknesses is a standard feature of super-science.

Well the important thing is that it actually worked as a cure and not Richard's claim that it must have just been the Goliath Serum having expired(since Hank was showing all the symptoms of it working)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I'm doing a rewatch and man this show was good. God I love the episodic stuff so much. I'd almost rather have more of that than an endcap but at this point beggars ccan't be choosers

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Choose your fighter:

The guy from Labyrinth just turned into a bird!

or

Basically The Avengers are on the roof!

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

limp_cheese posted:

He's your mother! *SLAP*
Your father! *SLAP*
Your mother! *SLAP*

I wish I could find the song that plays over this sequence, but it seems like it's an original JG Thirlwell composition that only exists in that one scene.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

Cojawfee posted:

That was beautiful, was that Maya Angelou?

I think Brock guessed Shel Silverstein and was corrected by H.E.L.P.eR., but my favorite part of that scene is where Brock threatens "her", and H.E.L.P.eR. assumes he means Maya Angelou instead of Myra.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

FBS posted:

That was Brendan Small doing his Addleburg voice if I’m remembering right?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

tarlibone posted:

I think Brock guessed Shel Silverstein and was corrected by H.E.L.P.eR., but my favorite part of that scene is where Brock threatens "her", and H.E.L.P.eR. assumes he means Maya Angelou instead of Myra.

He often speaks of the coming war between man and the brotherhood of machines.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Skippy McPants posted:

I wish I could find the song that plays over this sequence, but it seems like it's an original JG Thirlwell composition that only exists in that one scene.

Which is why he needs to put out a second album of Venture Brothers music.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I think a lot of music in the background is just Doc Hammer and JG Thirwell just dicking around. Doc doesn't take credit for the music in the show, but he is 100% responsible for the editing and arrangement of it.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

drrockso20 posted:

I always took it to have been a real cure that just happened to smell like ranch dressing and Doctor Impossible was just claiming that it wasn't an antidote because he's a petty prick like that

Same.

You lose again, Richard! I'm with Doctor Venture now!

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

drrockso20 posted:

I decided that they did create a real cure, but by sheer coincidence the cure was exactly the ingredients of a good homemade ranch dressing.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
It definitely wasn’t ranch dressing. A full syringe of that would have killed Hank.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Mr. Nice! posted:

It definitely wasn’t ranch dressing. A full syringe of that would have killed Hank.

Who says it didn't? They are clones after all and Doc seems like the kind of man that would kill one of his sons to show up an old teacher. He can just make another after all.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Which is why he needs to put out a second album of Venture Brothers music.

he did! got it on vinyl.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
ok but that doesnt have the car chase music from operation PROM so we need a third volume

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I really don't think it'll fit into the narrative unless it's jam-packed with resolutions like All This And Gargantua 2 was, but I really, really hope they undo detransitioning Hunter.

That really served no purpose. It was never once explained. He clearly doesn't like it.