Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

sonatinas posted:

Lol I guess I got to do this… kilton now wants a picture of king gleeok for his stage but I have no idea where it is. I guess it’s time to go gleeok hunting now

You shouldn't need much of a hint. If you're looking at the map and thinking "...it would make sense if it's there" then it probably is. Probably

If you're wondering whether or not you've found it in the Depths, you'll absolutely know the location it is when you find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
I'm sure a million people already asked this but (master sword) what's the deal with it not having a visible attack value even when fusing things to it? Hard to tell how it compares to other weapons that way.
Also can't believe that I only did 2 of the dungeons so far and still haven't been to at least half of the map but I already have silver bokoblins appearing everywhere.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I think it's base 30 power

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Yeah it tracks when compared to other weapons and the game being mostly the same internally than BotW.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I mostly used mine for mining by fusing a sand seal statue to it. Free pick that recharges and doesn't take an inventory slot and makes me laugh every time I bring it out? Yes please!

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
What's the deal with stunning Lynels with arrows? Do you just need to hit them in the face? Or does it also need to be a certain amount of damage or times? I'm pretty inconsistent with it and not sure if my aim is just off or I need to fuse some extra damage onto the arrows.

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

God drat, everyone has probably already grieved the paraglider dupe being gone but I managed to hold out on having to update until right now when I accidentally closed the app. I really really liked how the duping minimized the tedium that comes with accumulating items in these games.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Epic High Five posted:

I mostly used mine for mining by fusing a sand seal statue to it. Free pick that recharges and doesn't take an inventory slot and makes me laugh every time I bring it out? Yes please!

Zelda is gonna fuckin strangle you when she hears about this

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

i think caves are really the best addition to the entire game, including the depths and the sky and zonai devices etc. something i think botw was missing despite having lots of Stuff was a feeling of discovery; it's not as cool to find a secret thing when it just leads to another korok or shrine or disposable weapon. but the caves have the chance of holding real, permanent loot, in addition to always having a bubbulfrog, and plenty of them contain field bosses or other cool stuff. and they make everything else better with their presence; i can better appreciate the focused physics puzzle nature of the shrine and sky, and the zonai device exploration of the depths, because the caves are offering what i feel is missing in those things.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

PageMaster posted:

What's the deal with stunning Lynels with arrows? Do you just need to hit them in the face? Or does it also need to be a certain amount of damage or times? I'm pretty inconsistent with it and not sure if my aim is just off or I need to fuse some extra damage onto the arrows.

The spot for it is much smaller than you think, and it does have to be directly in the face. Multishot bows help.

Megera
Sep 9, 2008
anyone have any tips about using springs for... anything? i find them pretty clumsy to aim when they're on the ground when fighting constructs, and not as good as a rocket shield for going up.

side note: feeling pretty confident about combat otherwise, esp learning to embrace the monster parts + weapon = SO much more useful. i've been getting shrine checkpoints but not completing them so as not to bar myself out of outfit upgrades. feeling ready to go hunting for some basic lynels soon.

Megera fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jun 1, 2023

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Augus posted:

Zelda is gonna fuckin strangle you when she hears about this

It's alright, I've got a sand seal statue on my Hylean Shield as well and it can withstand the most ferocious attacks

Megera posted:

anyone have any tips about using springs for... anything? i find them pretty clumsy to aim when they're on the ground when fighting constructs, and not as good as a rocket shield for going up.

side note: feeling pretty confident about combat otherwise, esp learning to embrace the monster parts + weapon = SO much more useful. i've been getting shrine checkpoints but not completing them so as not to bar myself out of outfit upgrades. feeling ready to go hunting for some basic lynels soon.

Spring shields, but basically they're good for either shooting something a good distance with some hope of knowing where it will land, or more commonly as a backup for when you're out of rockets. They activate when you activate the control stick on a vehicle so can do some fun stuff, and unlike rockets they aren't one use

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jun 1, 2023

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Hello thread! I've beaten the game fully and have 10 shrines left to go, so I felt like I could post here again without fear of spoilers. Going back through and reading all the pages of discussion I missed was a right treat.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Seymour Buttz posted:

God drat, everyone has probably already grieved the paraglider dupe being gone but I managed to hold out on having to update until right now when I accidentally closed the app. I really really liked how the duping minimized the tedium that comes with accumulating items in these games.

I never tried it but it's hard to believe it is easier to the one Steve Yun posted yesterday, and that one is current patch. worst part is getting/ maintaining the eagle or lynel multishot bow

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

text editor posted:

I never tried it but it's hard to believe it is easier to the one Steve Yun posted yesterday, and that one is current patch. worst part is getting/ maintaining the eagle or lynel multishot bow

I’ll check that one out but the glider one was insanely easy. Once you get the muscle memory down you could x5 dupe poo poo like every 3 seconds.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

PageMaster posted:

In addition to having to hit them in the face and not just the head, they cannot be stunned in some circumstances--mainly, I've found, when they're firing toward the sky. I think it's done to prevent you from cheesing them from a distance/from high ground

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Valentin posted:

i think caves are really the best addition to the entire game, including the depths and the sky and zonai devices etc. something i think botw was missing despite having lots of Stuff was a feeling of discovery; it's not as cool to find a secret thing when it just leads to another korok or shrine or disposable weapon. but the caves have the chance of holding real, permanent loot, in addition to always having a bubbulfrog, and plenty of them contain field bosses or other cool stuff. and they make everything else better with their presence; i can better appreciate the focused physics puzzle nature of the shrine and sky, and the zonai device exploration of the depths, because the caves are offering what i feel is missing in those things.

I think another important aspect is that cave biomes feel incredibly diverse.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Yeah this game has great caves, they’re really varied in terms of size, structure, and content.
I like the ones that instead of just ending at a dead-end with treasure they connect to another area

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

It's always cool as hell when a small cave on the outside ends up being something bigger. I went to the lake just east of the Great Plateau, where all the town ruins are, and was grinning ear to ear when I dropped down one of the wells :allears:

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

I just wish the Satori markings only showed you entrances you haven't already found or haven't gotten the gem from.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

All my buddies except the birb are not very strong in combat but holy hell when you have the whole gang they are very useful at keeping enemies occupied.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Megera posted:

The main advantage is that un-fused springs are reusable, so you can stick one down in advance for a boss you wanna get on top of and keep coming back to it
whereas you gotta use up one rocket shield per slowmo shot.

They're also solid objects so if you're feeling cheesy you can avoid some boss ranged attacks by hiding behind them.

As far as i can tell there is no real difference in usage between spring/rocket/bomb shields though.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Before you go to this spot, i believe this spot is tied to some very late game story / main quest content to access.

Steve Yun posted:

Another dupe glitch, this one is for whole throwable weapons

https://www.tiktok.com/@fabiolinny/video/7239089600080235782

Since the first one is supposedly end game area, turn off auto update so that Nintendo doesn’t patch it out of your system before you get there

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

All my buddies except the birb are not very strong in combat but holy hell when you have the whole gang they are very useful at keeping enemies occupied.

Is this gonna get as crowded as I'm thinking? I've just picked up birb and fatty and I'm already getting a lot more accidental activations when I'm mashing the A button grabbing up items.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Is the age of being able to play games unpatched just over? That's a shame, it was great being able to downgrade to Dark Souls 1.0 for example to see how miserably different it was. Or this game that's already very long to dupe rare stuff.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Seymour Buttz posted:

Pretty sure they already found an even easier dupe method that still works on patched versions. Someone posted a link yesterday IIRC, something about shooting bows at an invisible barrier somewheres idk

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

CJacobs posted:

Is the age of being able to play games unpatched just over? That's a shame, it was great being able to downgrade to Dark Souls 1.0 for example to see how miserably different it was. Or this game that's already very long to dupe rare stuff.

Lol what was dark souls 1.0 like

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm on my way to the Rito temple now. This bird is cute but man his power sucks rear end. You can't send me a LITTLE further my dude? Possibly send me up?

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

CJacobs posted:

If you have a physical copy you can just delete your install data to revert to what shipped on the cart. The eshop will always download the current version if you have the digital though.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Did a side thing where I started shield surfing and it turned into a skydiving / snowboarding situation. Game whips rear end

Are you referring to the shrine where you have to descend from a sky island into a rad snowboarding sequence? Because, funny story for that one, I didn't bother whipping out my paraglider, just enjoying how insanely cool the whole thing was, and it turns out shield surfing doesn't protect you from fall damage. Wound up being rad as hell though because I had a fairy on-hand to protect me from gravity's harsh treatment.

Pollyanna posted:

Sidon marries Yona, but Link is still his side piece :v:

Did you see how Yona talks to Link? Big "looking for a third" energy.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

EclecticTastes posted:

Are you referring to the shrine where you have to descend from a sky island into a rad snowboarding sequence? Because, funny story for that one, I didn't bother whipping out my paraglider, just enjoying how insanely cool the whole thing was, and it turns out shield surfing doesn't protect you from fall damage. Wound up being rad as hell though because I had a fairy on-hand to protect me from gravity's harsh treatment.

Did you see how Yona talks to Link? Big "looking for a third" energy.

I mean let's be real Looking For A Third should be the subtitle of the drat game instead of Tears.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Don't think it's a mistake that Yona is green, even though Link isn't really green by default/in marketing for this game

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Benagain posted:

I mean let's be real Looking For A Third should be the subtitle of the drat game instead of Tears.

Looking For A Third Of The Kingdom seems to match my overall experience :hmmyes:

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009

Gruckles posted:

If you have a physical copy you can just delete your install data to revert to what shipped on the cart. The eshop will always download the current version if you have the digital though.

Not sure what my settings are exactly, but my switch will download updates, but not install them automatically. When I lost the game, it says there's an update, but I can still switch, play game industry of install.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Steve Yun posted:

Lol what was dark souls 1.0 like

the dragon butts in lost izalith used to aggro on you several at a time and chase you all around the map

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Gruckles posted:

I have the eShop version and no it doesn't. You just don't push the button to install the patch.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

CainFortea posted:

I have the eShop version and no it doesn't. You just don't push the button to install the patch.

During a fresh install? I thought it would redownload as the full prepatched thing instead of doing a multi-step install.
I know you can decline to install any new patches that come out afterward, but I'm talking about reverting to a previous version than what you currently have.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/aquatic_ambi/status/1664324456540700672?s=46&t=Kzmv5HsyFqNWsBcA-dIRLA

A chicken roaster!

https://twitter.com/aquatic_ambi/status/1664327866887344129?s=46&t=Kzmv5HsyFqNWsBcA-dIRLA

Ahh, fraudulent chicken roaster

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

still cool you can use battle bots for conveyors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Gruckles posted:

During a fresh install? I thought it would redownload as the full prepatched thing instead of doing a multi-step install.
I know you can decline to install any new patches that come out afterward, but I'm talking about reverting to a previous version than what you currently have.

Ah, no I had missed that as the context. My install was from pre-order.