Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Scratch Monkey posted:

God, I hate anime

I mean this is official so Disney approved it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
What's he going to do when he's not the CEO and can't just overrule everyone else's business decisions?

Oh right, order the CEO to do what he tells her or get fired. Of course.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol also more layoffs are definitely coming
https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/1664327527253557252

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Is it impolite but not illegal to say Elon Musk looks like he rapes dogs?

Just asking questions here

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

Haha, oh God, what an obvious trap.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Layoffs seems like an understatement, that’s a purge

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It's like he thinks the people who work for him are stupid!!!

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Elon pretty clearly only bought Twitter to completely kill it, right? I'm assuming he can pull some rich guy shenanigans to escape any financial consequences

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

haljordan posted:

Elon pretty clearly only bought Twitter to completely kill it, right? I'm assuming he can pull some rich guy shenanigans to escape any financial consequences

elon is dealing with the one group he cant gently caress over: other rich people

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

haljordan posted:

this comes up a lot in this thread and no

he isn't purposely killing twitter, he's just really, really, incredibly incompetent

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

haljordan posted:

kazil posted:

this comes up a lot in this thread and no

he isn't purposely killing twitter, he's just really, really, incredibly incompetent

^ no no, he think he's good at business and making Twitter some visionary "public square" (he refers to it constantly like it's loving Athens or something, it's beyond cringe)

He's a massive idiot chud

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Elon Musk is that guy on the internet that would totally do a better job if he got the chance.

He got the chance and it went how you expect

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Has the new CEO started yet? I give that lady a week, hope she demanded all her money up front lol

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Tiny Timbs posted:

It's like he thinks the people who work for him are stupid!!!

Well, there are True Believers still working for Elon Musk, so... not actually a bad assumption.

e: Visa holders genuinely can't help but work for Apartheid Clyde.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jun 1, 2023

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Well, they're still working for Elon Musk, so... not actually a bad assumption.

Some of them are indentured servant immigrants on visas

Others are true believers

Apparently there is a disturbing number that are both

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jun 1, 2023

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

TulliusCicero posted:

So of them are indentured servant immigrants on visas

Others are true believers

Apparently there is a disturbing number that are both

Yeah, true. I feel really sorry for the visa slaves.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Ella Irwin spends all day telling chuds they can't post poo poo and then Elon wades in and is like "gently caress yeah post that poo poo all over the place!"

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I hear they fired all the janitors and cleaning people so working in that office must be a real treat

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
hyper cynical take : musk had a lawyer sit down with him for the pronoun thing.

semi tinhat take : lawyer also has soft terrorism receipts of bird DM and says if musk lets anything happen there will be consequences.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

haljordan posted:

He spent time and money trying to get out of the deal, there is no greater plan, he's just an impulse driven idiot

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

People desperately want bad people with a lot of success to be geniuses otherwise they have to accept the world has no fairness in it

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Deki posted:

He spent time and money trying to get out of the deal, there is no greater plan, he's just an impulse driven idiot

I bet the board of directors thought they were being set up for a reality prank show when Elon offered a 40% per share premium for a company that made like, no money

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

haljordan posted:

I bet the board of directors thought they were being set up for a reality prank show when Elon offered a 40% per share premium for a company that made like, no money

They made drat sure elon was gonna be forced to pay up when his stimulants wore off, and bless em for it

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013
Elon Musk is just a dumb nazi. He bought Twitter cause a bunch of other dumb Nazis convinced him it would be great so they could all just post dumb Nazi stuff and own the libs.

As it turns out, dumb Nazis are, in fact, dumb. Which is why Elon has done a bunch of dumb things with Twitter. Cause he is a dumb Nazi.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I don't know if I imagined this or heard it from someone else, but there was a speculation that Elon had a goal of getting the government to contract out Twitter as a federal communication system to replace/supplement more established services.

It seems crazy, but I could also see someone trying to make it work as a money making model.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
As a reminder (and he did this again just recently), he keeps posting and reposting that video showing all the coordination that went on between all the Sinclair Broadcast Group-owned stations, and acting like they're all different videos showing proof of legacy media/mainstream media/liberal media/etc. behind in cahoots with one another pushing the same narratives. Because he's stupid. His critical thinking skills are genuinely piss-poor.

JediTalentAgent posted:

I don't know if I imagined this or heard it from someone else, but there was a speculation that Elon had a goal of getting the government to contract out Twitter as a federal communication system to replace/supplement more established services.

It seems crazy, but I could also see someone trying to make it work as a money making model.

Did that speculation come from Elon? I can 100% see him pushing such an idea since Twitter is the greatest communication website/app in the world in his broken brain.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

IBroughttheFunk posted:

As a reminder (and he did this again just recently), he keeps posting and reposting that video showing all the coordination that went on between all the Sinclair Broadcast Group-owned stations, and acting like they're all different videos showing proof of legacy media/mainstream media/liberal media/etc. behind in cahoots with one another pushing the same narratives. Because he's stupid. His critical thinking skills are genuinely piss-poor.

Did that speculation come from Elon? That sounds exactly like the kind of stupid idea he's come up with.

...He thinks Sinclair is liberal?

Is he Pinochet?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Totbot posted:

Elon Musk is just a dumb nazi. He bought Twitter cause a bunch of other dumb Nazis convinced him it would be great so they could all just post dumb Nazi stuff and own the libs.

As it turns out, dumb Nazis are, in fact, dumb. Which is why Elon has done a bunch of dumb things with Twitter. Cause he is a dumb Nazi.

This is accurate

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
This isn’t elom, but with all the AI obsession of him and his chud army, it still somehow feels thread relevant:

https://twitter.com/armanddoma/status/1664331870564147200?s=46&t=gBwwYH66NlEwfgt7cOZWEg

An AI in simulations decided that the human operator deciding on whether to authorise a kill shot was holding it back, and that the only solution was to kill the operator. So they programmed it to lose points by doing so, and the AI takes out the communication towers denying it that killshot.

What if Skynet, but dumb.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

TulliusCicero posted:

Is he Pinochet?

I mean the video he’s posting is them saying pro trump stuff so I don’t know what exactly he thinks is happening

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

TulliusCicero posted:

Is he Pinochet?

It's hilarious because Sinclair's politics are to the right of Fox News

If anyone ever points that out to him, I guarantee he'll delete every last one of those tweets

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

JediTalentAgent posted:

He's almost certainly getting paid by a government for Twitter, just not the US

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean the video he’s posting is them saying pro trump stuff so I don’t know what exactly he thinks is happening

Oh, i doubt he's actually listening intently to the video the whole way through every time. I think he just listens to a little bit, sees some media people saying the same thing, then rushes to post it again.

As a reminder,

Totbot posted:

Elon Musk is just a dumb nazi.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

kazil posted:

He's almost certainly getting paid by a government for Twitter, just not the US

Aren't most of his bots the FSB AMERICAN NAME_random long number format?

And he tried to "intervene" in Ukraine?

Gee wonder what's going on there

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1664320720288071691

With all the other stupid poo poo, I genuinely forget that he still wants to be the head of an everything app. Which to me is hilarious, because right now Twitter can't even do its basic original functions as well as it used to.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Parkingtigers posted:

This isn’t elom, but with all the AI obsession of him and his chud army, it still somehow feels thread relevant:

https://twitter.com/armanddoma/status/1664331870564147200?s=46&t=gBwwYH66NlEwfgt7cOZWEg

An AI in simulations decided that the human operator deciding on whether to authorise a kill shot was holding it back, and that the only solution was to kill the operator. So they programmed it to lose points by doing so, and the AI takes out the communication towers denying it that killshot.

What if Skynet, but dumb.

I thought that this was a troll paraphrasing the plot of Eagle Eye .

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

TulliusCicero posted:

Aren't most of his bots the FSB AMERICAN NAME_random long number format?

And he tried to "intervene" in Ukraine?

Gee wonder what's going on there

Not going to deny that there are bots or that russia works to manipulate social media, but the @Name123456 thing is a Twitter default for new names. A lot of them are lazy and/or tech stupid

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

IBroughttheFunk posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1664320720288071691

With all the other stupid poo poo, I genuinely forget that he still wants to be the head of an everything app. Which to me is hilarious, because right now Twitter can't even do its basic original functions as well as it used to.

Why does he reply like this with single words?

Why is he so loving annoying?

Why is he replying to his own company tweet like he doesn't know?

Why is he like this?!

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
I actually think Titter Daily is just an Elon fan account, not actually Twitter related. Just something he follows to try and fill the empty hole in his soul that his trillions won't will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

IBroughttheFunk posted:

I actually think Titter Daily is just an Elon fan account, not actually Twitter related. Just something he follows to try and fill the empty hole in his soul that his trillions won't will.

... he follows an account about news and speculation about his company, that he runs and knows everything.

The most pathetic man on the planet