Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
The DLC catapulted it from being a great game to my all time favourite. Love them all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Lonesome Road is very good. During my last playthrough a few years ago I saved one of the early NCR missions because turning it in will give you enough rep with them that they are friendly no matter what. So I nuked the NCR then turned in the quest so I could still do missions for them.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I've owned NV and all the expansions on steam for over a decade and never installed or played it ever. :negative:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Pretty sure all of us can say that about at least one game. I don't even have a very large Steam library compared to most of the regular posters itt, but I know it's true for me.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Installing Playnite has made me realize just how large my library is and how many games in it I haven't touched

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Commander Keene posted:

Pretty sure all of us can say that about at least one game. I don't even have a very large Steam library compared to most of the regular posters itt, but I know it's true for me.

One?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I did say at least one.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Fuzz posted:

I've owned NV and all the expansions on steam for over a decade and never installed or played it ever. :negative:

Really hosed up if true.

How can one even jingle jangle jingle those spurs if you don't play the game??

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Commander Keene posted:

Out of curiosity, I checked, and most of the games I have that also have DLCs have them "built in". For example, I have Champions Online. The DLCs are just expansions bundled into the game.

I thought I had it with Witcher 3, but I did load it up and play it a little bit, but then I got distracted by another game, and haven't gone back. That's probably as close as I get.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

BIG IRON

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007
I'VE GOT SPURS THAT JINGLE-JANGLE-JINGLE, JINGLE-JANGLE

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

New Vegas loving rules

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Mierenneuker posted:

There was also the time a goon picked the Confirmed Bachelor perk without understanding that it was more than just 10% more damage to other males!

I did the same thing. I saw a dude going to knife another dude in the back and wasn't really old enough to know the history behind the term so I just went "sick, more damage" and picked it.

I just laughed when I found out though.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I don't know if I took it or not but I didn't even know it was a preexisting coded phrase until just now. Regardless, pretty sure the game doesn't force you into taking romantic dialog options of any sort at any time so wgaf lmao lol rofl

I actually can't think of any game that outright forces romance options on you. Closest I can figure is the first Mass Effect because I wasn't intending to woo anyone, just explore dialog trees and apparently did the push button receive sex thing without connecting the dots. Bioware is kind of exceedingly bad at romance options I really wish they didn't exist.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Closest I can figure is the first Mass Effect because I wasn't intending to woo anyone, just explore dialog trees and apparently did the push button receive sex thing without connecting the dots. Bioware is kind of exceedingly bad at romance options I really wish they didn't exist.

Dragon Age Origins is like that too.

When a male elf party member suggested he'll give me, a human male, a special massage, and I thought cool, maybe it will give me a stat bonus or something. At the time I was already old enough to vote and buy alcohol.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I'll add my vote. I've never seen a game where romance options improved things, and they are generally proper creepy. I realise that romance is part of life, but so is defication and that wouldn't improve a video game either.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
It's because they are, 99% of the time, push button receive sex. It is bad, it should stop being in games.

The best I can recall off the top of my head is The Witcher 3 with Yenn because you don't just have sex. You go around together. Fight with each other. Both are individual characters and don't exist only in each others' bubble. It is an actual relationship and it is loving fantastic.

Tali in ME2 was a decent one in part too because it wasn't about just sexing a character. Until it was....

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

JustJeff88 posted:

I'll add my vote. I've never seen a game where romance options improved things, and they are generally proper creepy. I realise that romance is part of life, but so is defication and that wouldn't improve a video game either.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Midnight Ghost Hunt (Ghosts vs Ghostbusters multiplayer) is up on Epic.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
That's like a prop hunt right? Those are always stupid fun.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

JustJeff88 posted:

You get grenades made from your piss and poo poo in Death Stranding.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Oldstench posted:

You get grenades made from your piss and poo poo in Death Stranding.

what does that have to do with romance options

edit: nevermind please do not answer this

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/TellMeWhyGame/status/1664294546799472640?s=20

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

JustJeff88 posted:

*venom snake voice*

do it

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
romance in games can be ok if there are just like, two main characters who love each other as part of the story
but romance choices in games are always awful

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Got a couple of duplicates and games I don't want in a Fanatical mystery bundle:

Xpand Rally
2LB9G-M*Y6I-YJ*LB
* is second letter of my name

Cubicle Quest
W55TJ-DI**N-Y*G3N
* is 6th letter of my name

Among the Sleep - Enhanced Edition
JX0Z*-0*0Q3-BTVTQ
5th letter

My Big Sister
JV*W*-ZG62E-DA6A2
4th letter

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Franchescanado posted:

Got a couple of duplicates and games I don't want in a Fanatical mystery bundle:

Among the Sleep - Enhanced Edition

Thank you very much!

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

romance in games can be ok if there are just like, two main characters who love each other as part of the story
but romance choices in games are always awful

Blank slate protagonist having an actual relationship is wierd.

I think the best implementation of that idea was in Fire Emblem Three Houses. No actual romance started during the game, but you could see certain people getting along, and your hero, a person of few words, could demonstrate attraction to someone, but in a relatively subtle and tame way. Then after the game you see the fate of every character, and depending on what happened in the game certain people married or lives together, including the hero. You never see any specific moment that starts the romantic relationships, and you are spared the awkward seduction by a mostly silent protagonist.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
I'd really like to see the RPG where romance can or can not happen depending on what your character does, but it's always between two other NPCs. Your character is just the one making sure missing love letters get delivered and interfering aunts don't mess everything up.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Whybird posted:

I'd really like to see the RPG where romance can or can not happen depending on what your character does, but it's always between two other NPCs. Your character is just the one making sure missing love letters get delivered and interfering aunts don't mess everything up.

I think you can do that in Outer Worlds.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Whybird posted:

But I want to play as the interfering aunt...

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

JustJeff88 posted:

Saints Row 4 had the best romance options.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

If you marry someone in Skyrim, they will give you gold and home-cooked meals.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Accidentally bought a game I already had

Synergia - *8EQC-NPQHG-K*0TJ
1st letter of alphabet

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Whybird posted:

The love letters bit is a side quest in Majora's Mask.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Unreal_One posted:

The love letters bit is a side quest in Majora's Mask.
And IIRC you can give the love letter to a ghost to use as toilet paper.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I think Pillars of Eternity 2 also lets you encourage romance between two NPCs. I do remember the potential serial killer asking me if I thought the assassin for the racist imperialists thought she liked her.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
If you have the DLC two of the sidekicks get together as well, but I don't know if you can affect that, it pretty much just happens

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

2house2fly posted:

If you have the DLC two of the sidekicks get together as well, but I don't know if you can affect that, it pretty much just happens

You can affect it by buying the DLC.
Obsidian as a company does have a taste so I don't recall any of those moments where you tell the NPC you agree with them 4 times and they fall in love with your character of undefined gender, culture, hairstyle, personal hygiene etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Air Skwirl posted:

I think Pillars of Eternity 2 also lets you encourage romance between two NPCs. I do remember the potential serial killer asking me if I thought the assassin for the racist imperialists thought she liked her.

What did you say?!