Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Jake paul throwing a tantrum when he got called out by Coffezilla was pretty drat funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

XK posted:

He's known for a few good crypto exposes, like Jake Paul's Zoo egg something or other. So, it's probably a crypto related thing, but, he sort of covers scams in general, not crypto exclusive. SC wouldn't totally be out of his wheelhouse.

watching now. It's just an offshore Ponzi

edit: it's a really good video, but it's got hardcore Youtube investigative journalism tropes.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Jonny Nox posted:

watching now. It's just an offshore Ponzi

edit: it's a really good video, but it's got hardcore Youtube investigative journalism tropes.

Yep, just another crypto scheme. The skeletonization continues.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Randalor posted:

Cool, cool, cool, and what would happen if I said something like "I think lgbtq people deserve equal rights"? I wonder how quickly those same chudtoads would mash the Report button? Do we even have a way to measure a reaction that fast?

no, that's the one place in the universe that faster than light travel exists

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Yep it's up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8AcHRQ_2oo

Nothing to do with start citizen apparently. Different half billion dollar scam. But um yeah don't invest in Traders Domain hedge fund apparently!

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jun 1, 2023

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Crobbler knows enough not to touch crypto or blockchain. I'm honestly surprised they never went there.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

XK posted:

Crobbler knows enough not to touch crypto or blockchain. I'm honestly surprised they never went there.

He came up with the whole NFT scam almost a solid decade before they became an actual thing. He doesn't need to actually do things like "blockchains" to fleece money for jpegs.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/uRmXmzy.mp4

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Roadmap is out regarding what's coming in the next update and it's a bunch of maps and changes for Arena Commander the arena dog fighting mode that almost nobody plays.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Randalor posted:

He came up with the whole NFT scam almost a solid decade before they became an actual thing. He doesn't need to actually do things like "blockchains" to fleece money for jpegs.

Touché :hmmyes:

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Popete posted:

Roadmap is out regarding what's coming in the next update and it's a bunch of maps and changes for Arena Commander the arena dog fighting mode that almost nobody plays.

This is one thing I don't get. They've already got more on their plate than they can handle, why not ditch arena commander and star marine? The only use for arena commander is fixing character issues and maybe a bit of dogfighting practice. I can't think of any use for star marine.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

This is one thing I don't get. They've already got more on their plate than they can handle, why not ditch arena commander and star marine? The only use for arena commander is fixing character issues and maybe a bit of dogfighting practice. I can't think of any use for star marine.

quote:

I will give you credit for looking all that up, there's a couple of nuances you missed.

In his description of the state of the ToW gameplay Sean did say that overall performance was good but at certain points it tanked and they were looking into why.

ToW uses the same equipment yes, but we know that the new system for HUD overlays are being worked on in Squadron 42.

I have discussed previously that it is interesting that they chose Firesprite to partner for ToW, why? Because the bulk of their work was for Sony Entertainment Division, for consoles.

Chris has said that Star Citizen and Squadron 42 are unlikely to come out on consoles because they don't have the capability or flexibility to run those game modes.. but they might run a standalone console version of Arena Commander modules set in the Star Citizen universe.

It certainly would widen the reach to a broader playerbase and be a continuing revenue stream for the project as a whole if Arena Commander modules were supported on consoles. There are wrinkles, contracts and licenses etc. There would also be work needed to update HUD elements to fit that narrow use case... More 'gamified' than for PC.

I don't know any more than anyone else on the matter, but it's an interesting thing to ponder. Timing would be important if it were the case.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Happy Pride Month! posted:

Happy pride month to all my fellow LGBTQ+ citizens! I want to say I am personally very thankful for how accepting this community is! ❤🏳‍ :rainbow:

quote:

I play a game to escape real life and real life issues.

Some things should not be added to a game.

quote:

In my country this topic is highly political. I don't see what this has to do with star citizen? Aren't there better forums for these kind of posts?

I mean be who you are, thats fine.. You only live once so do whatever makes you feel good but there is no need to shove it down the throat on everyone else...

quote:

Attempt number 3:

I like biological women.

Is this agitating?

Come on CIG, you know I need to leave a reply in such threads. Preserve some tradition :(

quote:

So I guess we are all ok with a straight pride months then as well?

quote:

Man, if this thread is any indicator, the mods better have all hands on deck next week when the "Show us Your Colors" celebration starts

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

"No one plays Arena Commander but if we put it on consoles it will bring tons of people to Star Citizen"

Also the idea that the Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X are less powerful than the potatoes most of these cultists citizens are using is pretty laffo

quote:

I thought Star Citizen was real life though :confused:

edit:

Star Citizen: [Deleted by Synthwave-CIG]

Cutedge fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jun 1, 2023

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Cutedge posted:

Star Citizen: [Deleted by Synthwave-CIG]

:gary:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

this is fun to bring back the old favorite glassdoor reviews

seems to be a trend, i'm reading a lot of 'cult' and a lot of 'fix your management'

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Blue On Blue posted:

seems to be a trend, i'm reading a lot of 'cult' and a lot of 'fix your management'

> Star Citizen: Good place to start, even better place to leave

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Blue On Blue posted:

How can there be overtime and crunch when they don't make any progress with the game?

Also QA lol. I'm sure any bug reports from them are taken very seriously. Do you keep reporting how your ship explodes when you drive over its ramp and how there are t-posing NPCs standing on chairs year after year?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

BattleMaster posted:

Commandos are safe from Gollum because helmet animations were among the first thing implemented in Star Citizen

.... is FOIP still a thing?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
it's still fun to say. foip!

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Not much, what's foip with you?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

lobsterminator posted:

How can there be overtime and crunch when they don't make any progress with the game?

Also QA lol. I'm sure any bug reports from them are taken very seriously. Do you keep reporting how your ship explodes when you drive over its ramp and how there are t-posing NPCs standing on chairs year after year?

Always fun to trot out time to time that their bug reporting "issue council" was bugged as well.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

lobsterminator posted:

Colostomy Bag posted:

Always fun to trot out time to time that their bug reporting "issue council" was bugged as well.

They might have been possible to take seriously if the game had an actual in-game bug- and crash reporting tool — one that collected crash logs and game state and other things you'd want (and could have) in a pre-alpha test — rather than a website that also didn't work.

It doesn't help much when all you can report is, “oh, I was looking at this doughnut and now my character is a ball of light” with no way of referencing what doughnut, what character, and what kind of light ball.

But I'm sure that if they tried to make that, it would run afoul of some UAC user space protection and they'd have to tell their customers to run the entire game in a protection-stripped system, rather than just the installer.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Their bug reporting site also relies on getting enough votes from other players to reach a threshold that it is accepted as a bug. So if you encounter a really rare bug or people just don't feel like voting for yours it gets lost.

It's a monumentally bad way for users to report bugs as it's overly cumbersome to ask someone to go to an external website, login and write up a detailed ticket that might not even get accepted.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/1664641916988805126

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

DRG would like a loving word

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

Especially since 'that time' lasted for 2 or more years

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Really, I would be more surprised if their bug tracker wasn't a poorly-implemented buggy piece of poo poo.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Randalor posted:

Really, I would be more surprised if their bug tracker wasn't a poorly-implemented buggy piece of poo poo.

"We have had no bugs this patch! That's how great our new programmers are."
"Your bug tracker doesn't work, that's why."
"We have received no bug reports about the tracker."

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Jesus, while star citizen still has nothing to show for all the money and time it's gotten, spacebourne 2, which is a single dev game mind you, adds this. Amazing

quote:

@everyone

SpaceBourne 2 Early Access Ver. 2.0.2 Released

**NEW FEATURES:**

Due to high demand, we have added the first AI module to the game. Now players can use their microphones to communicate with EvE while piloting their ships.

We have taught EvE all the game mechanics and lore, so you can ask EvE anything related to the game whenever you want to learn something.

Additionally, EvE is also learning the progress of the game in real time. This means it can provide information about current quests or the star systems you are in.

**NOTE:** This feature is still experimental. In long dialogues, EvE can sometimes tell lies. It can direct you to non-existent places and talk about characters that do not exist in the game. If this feature is liked by the players, I will continue to develop EvE. If it is not liked, we can remove it from the game in future updates.

The Voice To Command feature has also been added to the game. You can give voice commands to your ship to perform certain actions or can give orders to your squad using a microphone.

**NOTE:** This feature requires a microphone connected to the computer and an internet connection.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

System Shock remake comes out 7 years after the kickstarter. The original timeline was 18 months, reviews are positive.

So chin up Citizens there’s hope for this game yet! :unsmith:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Oh fun, people are doing a thing on Spectrum where they post "Happy X month!" where X is some random thing in a not so subtle way to discredit that it's Pride Month.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

DRG would like a loving word
two words: rock and stone!

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Popete posted:

Oh fun, people are doing a thing on Spectrum where they post "Happy X month!" where X is some random thing in a not so subtle way to discredit that it's Pride Month.

Best drat Community :discourse:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Popete posted:

Their bug reporting site also relies on getting enough votes from other players to reach a threshold that it is accepted as a bug. So if you encounter a really rare bug or people just don't feel like voting for yours it gets lost.

It's a monumentally bad way for users to report bugs as it's overly cumbersome to ask someone to go to an external website, login and write up a detailed ticket that might not even get accepted.

There was some poor soul (maybe on reddit) who wrote a couple years back about how he was going to spend the weekend testing a new patch and had a picture of his notebook to take notes.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Mirificus posted:

Happy Pride Month! posted:

Happy pride month to all my fellow LGBTQ+ citizens! I want to say I am personally very thankful for how accepting this community is! ❤🏳‍ :rainbow:

quote:

quote:

In my country this topic is highly political. I don't see what this has to do with star citizen? Aren't there better forums for these kind of posts?

I mean be who you are, thats fine.. You only live once so do whatever makes you feel good but there is no need to shove it down the throat on everyone else...

quote:

Attempt number 3:

I like biological women.

Is this agitating?

Come on CIG, you know I need to leave a reply in such threads. Preserve some tradition :(

quote:

So I guess we are all ok with a straight pride months then as well?

quote:

Man, if this thread is any indicator, the mods better have all hands on deck next week when the "Show us Your Colors" celebration starts

RSI Forums

June is National Men's Health Month! posted:

Make sure to pay attention to your health! Especially with long game sessions! Try to get up and stretch and remember to hydrate! Taking care of yourself is the first step to being the best Star Citizen you can be!

quote:

Really simple
Things to stay away from! as in they give you cancer-diabetes and make you sick weak and feel terrible and reduce your testosterone while increase your estrogen A LOT.

SOY
SUGAR
PROSESSED FOOD
SEED/VEGGIE OILS
VEGAN NONSENSE
VEGGIES THAT GROWS ABOVE THE GROUND
WHEAT&OATS
ALL SODAS AND POWERDRINKS
SOCIAL MEDIA
ALCOHOL
CROSSFIT

Things that are good for you and gives you great hormone balance BIG LIBIDO AND LEAN MUSCLE MASS and reduce excess fat mass.

RESISTANCE TRAINING AS IN WEIGHT TRAINING
WALKING AND HIT TRAINING AS IN SPRINTING A FEW SEC-WALK AND REPEAT
RED MEAT
EGGS
ANIMAL FATS IN GENERAL
SALMON
COD
WHOLE MILK
OMEGA 3
VITAMIN D3
BUTTER MADE FROM MILK ONLY
SOME CARBS LIKE RIS AND POTATO IS OK BUT TRY AND KEEP DAILY INTAKE OF CARBS AT 10% MAX
CREATINE AND L CITRULINE AND OTHER VARIOUS PREWORKOUT INGREDIENTS THAT WILL HELP YOU IN THE GYM OR WALKING ETC. BUT DON'T OVERDO CAFFEINE !
PROTEIN POWDER MADE FROM MILK ONLY AS IN NO SOY!

Never to late to start my bro's i started bodybuilding in my 40's
God Bless and take care of yourself

Men's Health Awareness Month! posted:

It's that time of the year again!!!

June is Men's Health Month!

https://www.hhs.texas.gov/news/2023/05/men-encouraged-prioritize-health-june#:~:text=Men's%20Health%20Month%20reminds%20men,Week%20is%20June%2012%E2%80%9318.

Make sure you guys are getting your yearly physcial! Stay in good health!!!!

Also dont forget it's Fathers Day is very soon!!!!!

OP posted:

Mens health is not a dog whistle, its pretty offensive you would assume that our health is a fake dog whistle. Dont Assume what we IDENTIFY as important.

OP posted:

Your entilted to your opninion, i hope you treat all threads about awareness month the same....

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jun 2, 2023

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Popete posted:

In that far distant past when I could be arsed to test this alpha, I learnt real quick that the bug testing system was just a "feels good" front. I gleaned this pearl from noticing that every bug report which I attached a youtube video link of the bug had 0 views.

Joke Miriam
Nov 17, 2019

Does anyone have that gif of Derek Smart tickling Sandy? Asking for me to forcibly show a friend.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Popete posted:

Jfc imagine how many bugs got sent down the "stop complaining about tiny poo poo like this, this is early days" whale memory hole through such a system...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Joke Miriam posted:

Does anyone have that gif of Derek Smart tickling Sandy? Asking for me to forcibly show a friend.

https://i.imgur.com/oXyWSfr.gifv

duckface edition
https://i.imgur.com/GqdvGKp.gifv

cuckface edition
https://i.imgur.com/EzsgxBc.gifv