Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

mabels big day posted:

Good chapter but no Fubuki cover so I'm gonna have to say its poo poo overall

SpacePig posted:

You can tell Murata is unwell because he drew Captain Mizuki in a shirt.

Dark times indeed.

I see the outro mentioning that the health issue/long break thing might have been taken out of context other than Murata being sick three weeks ago, so hopefully it was all just overreaction and he's doing well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think the Versus Chapter was a step up.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

omg phoenix man redraws gonna start paying off

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Oh man, those new recruits aren’t true believers of the tank top.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

omg phoenix man redraws gonna start paying off

i can’t even really remember the specifics for Phoenixman, but him just being a mascot now and rolling with it is a pretty great bit.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Last Celebration posted:

i can’t even really remember the specifics for Phoenixman, but him just being a mascot now and rolling with it is a pretty great bit.

Yeah, I loved the kids spotting him through the window and enthusiastically waving to him. :)

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Last Celebration posted:

He was a mascout who was stuck in his suit and became a monster over it. Now back to... being in a suit but maybe at least his head is visible so a step up?

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
At the end of this chapter is notes from the translator about Murata's health. Can't independently verify them myself but tldr, a website mashed up Murata's comments into a bigger thing that it was. Murata was sick which is why one chapter was delayed but he is feeling better now, while he wants to take a short break to spend time with his family but it is currently in the discussion phase.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

AtomikKrab posted:

He was a mascout who was stuck in his suit and became a monster over it. Now back to... being in a suit but maybe at least his head is visible so a step up?

Previously he was mocked and humiliated as Phoenixman, but now he's getting recognition and love so he's cool with the state of affairs.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Manako...my beautiful Manako...he wouldn't, would he? Flashy Flash better not, they are practically nakama now.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

mabels big day posted:

Good chapter but no Fubuki cover so I'm gonna have to say its poo poo overall

What if, hear me out here, Fubuki in a tank top?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Gologle posted:

Manako...my beautiful Manako...he wouldn't, would he? Flashy Flash better not, they are practically nakama now.

Flash is looking to find her before anyone else does who might endanger her.

Sure, he says that it's just because Manako is the one surviving monster with information about God, but he definitely wants her to stay alive.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

cant cook creole bream posted:

What if, hear me out here, Fubuki in a tank top?

:swoon: but also didn't he do that for a cover already?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Gologle posted:

Well Flashy Flash is trying to find Manako before other heroes find her and likely defeat / kill her. He's looking out for her safety. He just wants to talk.

And maybe talk to the other guy who had some skill (by being faster that Flashy Flash and catching FF's blade with his fingers, that's some skill)

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
Maybe I'm just not hip to the jive.

CannonFodder posted:

Well Flashy Flash is trying to find Manako before other heroes find her and likely defeat / kill her. He's looking out for her safety. He just wants to talk.

And maybe talk to the other guy who had some skill (by being faster that Flashy Flash and catching FF's blade with his fingers, that's some skill)

I like the level of delusion the S class still has about Saitama most of the time. Flashy Flash just can't come to terms with the idea there's someone that much stronger than him, so he just doesn't believe it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

What, Caped Baldy? That guy's got potential. Did you hear he went from C-class to B, and then to A, in less than a year? Now that's some hustle, maybe he could be really great if he had a mentor.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Donkringel posted:

At the end of this chapter is notes from the translator about Murata's health. Can't independently verify them myself but tldr, a website mashed up Murata's comments into a bigger thing that it was. Murata was sick which is why one chapter was delayed but he is feeling better now, while he wants to take a short break to spend time with his family but it is currently in the discussion phase.
I think "planning to take a vacation" isn't a sign of stress-induced ultracancer, but of being a normal human being.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I dunno, I've seen Tucker and Dale vs Evil

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Flashy Flash worrying about Manako's safety and trying to locate her on the down-low is just the cutest goddamn thing. I'm wondering if she'll somehow end up being the catalyst that exposes Sweet Mask for whatever his deal is, since he can't tolerate monsters (and we've already had one close call).

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Murata solo animated a PV for the new Eyeshield 21 one-shot he's drawing
https://twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status/1665705036268331011

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

MorningMoon posted:

Murata solo animated a PV for the new Eyeshield 21 one-shot he's drawing
https://twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status/1665705036268331011

Love this manga, this is the first time I've heard about a new one shot. Very cool. Murata has evolved a lot as an artist since then, so I'm excited to see when they do with it. Happy 21th, ES21.

Also, of all of the things to do it, seeing ES21 being 21 years old has made me withered and aged.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Huh I thought I could find Eyeshield 21 on SJ or Viz manga but it doesn't seem to be there.

For some reason I thought it was a SJ manga?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He's a super human, the true power of human potential fuelled by sexy Fubukis!

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Huh I thought I could find Eyeshield 21 on SJ or Viz manga but it doesn't seem to be there.

For some reason I thought it was a SJ manga?

It's definitely Shonen Jump, dunno why it wouldn't be on their app though.

SpacePig posted:

Love this manga, this is the first time I've heard about a new one shot. Very cool. Murata has evolved a lot as an artist since then, so I'm excited to see when they do with it. Happy 21th, ES21.

Also, of all of the things to do it, seeing ES21 being 21 years old has made me withered and aged.

2002, gently caress.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

MiniFoo posted:

It's definitely Shonen Jump, dunno why it wouldn't be on their app though.

Probably a bunch of legal hoops to jump through. As much of a no brainer as it would be to just throw it on the app they do still have to make up new contracts to get digital rights and whatnot and that does take a lot of time. Hell, they didn't even have Hunter X Hunter on the app until last year.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Haven't had a chance to read through it, but ONE has put out a one shot balled Bug Ego that might get more if it's popular enough

https://mangadex.org/title/9c1cd558-fba3-40f1-bb84-b320f5d1eab1/bug-ego

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Eyeshield 21 was good poo poo, although like a lot of sports things I think the author took some liberties with how the rules of the game work for DRAMA. The finish bugged me as a ref cause that's just not how a game would finish, but I enjoyed the hell out of it. A one shot will be fun.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

pik_d posted:

Haven't had a chance to read through it, but ONE has put out a one shot balled Bug Ego that might get more if it's popular enough

Oh man, that was a lot of fun and I wouldn't mind seeing more, but it could also easily sit as just a one and done.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

pik_d posted:

That.... That was really good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The shot of the coach/ref clenching his fist in fury at what he was seeing was a beautiful moment :allears:

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Jerusalem posted:

The shot of the coach/ref clenching his fist in fury at what he was seeing was a beautiful moment :allears:

I think the coach was a woman given her chest, just has a very strong jawline.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Wow that was super good! I find it hard to see how you would continue on it, unless you don't do a shonen/battle manga and follow more of a mystery/thriller route. Which would be very cool.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
I wonder who or what phoenixman's source is. Why would a monster have exclusive information on the corruption of the hero association?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

skaianDestiny posted:

I think the coach was a woman given her chest, just has a very strong jawline.

Oops! Well in that case, the shot of the coach/ref clenching her fist in fury at what she was seeing was a beautiful moment :allears:

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

pik_d posted:

Did ONE draw this? He's really improved a lot, if so, and that makes me happy.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Bleck posted:

Did ONE draw this? He's really improved a lot, if so, and that makes me happy.

If you look at the credits it's a different person who's doing the art.

ONE has improved his art greatly since he's done the OPM webcomic. Compare the beginning of Mob Psycho 100 to the Reigen short series, or even the MA-era OPM webcomic vs the newest pages (actually don't if you don't want spoilers) it's almost day and night. He's still got his very distinctive style but the technical skill has improved by great leaps and bounds.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Flair posted:

I wonder who or what phoenixman's source is. Why would a monster have exclusive information on the corruption of the hero association?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85gFeaz0YYs

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
So not to overthink it but why did the little guy only approach the bigger guy after 50 years? Did he want to live a full life before resetting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

No Wave posted:

So not to overthink it but why did the little guy only approach the bigger guy after 50 years? Did he want to live a full life before resetting?