Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
If you smack a dog enough a bunch of them spawn and start attacking you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NomNomNom
Jul 20, 2008
Please Work Out
Why do you even know this.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Khanstant posted:

If you smack a dog enough a bunch of them spawn and start attacking you.

Nintendo needs to patch this in for if a korok gets within ultrahand distance of two perpendicular logs/planks/poles

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

bawk posted:

Nintendo needs to patch this in for if a korok gets within ultrahand distance of two perpendicular logs/planks/poles

YAHAHA WE FOUND YOU!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/rinhara5aki/status/1664271833036619776?s=46&t=Kzmv5HsyFqNWsBcA-dIRLA

Somehow stylin on lynels is getting wilder and wilder

Keese arrows will loop back around like a cartoon homing missile are you kidding me

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jun 1, 2023

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Macaluso posted:

I'm on my way to the Rito temple now. This bird is cute but man his power sucks rear end. You can't send me a LITTLE further my dude? Possibly send me up?

Use it in conjunction with bomb/rocket jumps and it becomes a lot better. Love it more than Revali's Gale and I love Revali's Gale.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Steve Yun posted:

https://twitter.com/rinhara5aki/status/1664271833036619776?s=46&t=Kzmv5HsyFqNWsBcA-dIRLA

Somehow stylin on lynels is getting wilder and wilder

Keese arrows will loop back around like a cartoon homing missile are you kidding me

I knew we were going to get some insane new combat trick videos for this game but holy gently caress

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

God that poo poo looks like a TAS.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
I’ll never tire of stylin on lynels. Totk really gives people a personal touch on dealing with these bozos.

I tried to get a hands picture for hudson sculpture but the camera doesn’t recognize them.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
New roaster design

https://twitter.com/yukino_san_14/status/1664310299573510145?s=46&t=Kzmv5HsyFqNWsBcA-dIRLA

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I'm struggling to understand the map stamping system: it won't let me place any of the colored markers even though there aren't any on the map right now, it just says 6/6 are used. Then I noticed that the other stamps say that 235/300 are used, even though I guesstimate I'm using ~60 from looking at the map.

Do the game's automatic markers count towards the total? That seems dumb if so. And why wouldn't the colored markers get top priority for me? Or is something just going completely wrong?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Macaluso posted:

I'm on my way to the Rito temple now. This bird is cute but man his power sucks rear end. You can't send me a LITTLE further my dude? Possibly send me up?

There's lots of Up options now, but when you get more stamina on your stamina wheel it really shines on how much distance you can cover for free*. On one stamina wheel you can use it twice I think, but six or eight or more times feels pretty good when you're doing some dumbass glide in the Depths or heading over to a distant sky island

I find it really useful when skydiving, you can dive -> gust/float for a second ->dive again until it recharges instead of using autobuild or using a wing in midair

*not using zonai devices

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

-4061 2575 -0004

Whoa this was really cool. I thought you were trolling until I saw the tiny hole to crawl through.

For anyone else, it is in Sturnida Springs Cave

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Man rocket shields just let you absolutely clown on the geelocks, huh?

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm struggling to understand the map stamping system: it won't let me place any of the colored markers even though there aren't any on the map right now, it just says 6/6 are used. Then I noticed that the other stamps say that 235/300 are used, even though I guesstimate I'm using ~60 from looking at the map.

Do the game's automatic markers count towards the total? That seems dumb if so. And why wouldn't the colored markers get top priority for me? Or is something just going completely wrong?

Be sure you're trying to place them on solid ground on the correct map layer. It won't you place a marker on empty sky, directly over the surface opening of a chasm, or an impassible wall of the depths. 6/6 and 235/300 should be how many are available, not in use.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Captain Hygiene posted:

You can't place the markers in empty space, e.g. over a chasm on the surface or in non-island space in the sky. It conveys this by just greying out all the markers as if they were used. Switch layers or aim a bit to the side.

efb

savex
May 28, 2014
10/10 would recommend

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Oh man that's weird, I see how it works now. I had the numbers' meanings reversed in terms of used vs unused, and must've randomly managed to be in those unusable areas every time I tried placing one. Derp. :tipshat:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

there's a story quest where the d-pad up menu was almost comical because you get a unique one-time item that you need to shoot in order to solve a puzzle and you have to scroll literally all the way to the end of your item list in order to attach it to your arrows

Augus fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jun 1, 2023

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Does unfusing and fusing reset durability for weapons that haven’t turned red

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Augus posted:

there's a story quest where the d-pad up menu was almost comical because you get a unique one-time item that you need to shoot in order to solve a puzzle and you have to scroll literally all the way to the end of your item list in order to attach it to your arrows

You can sort that list while it's open. So for example if you sort by attack power that item will get put closer to the front.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Augus posted:

You can actually get more of those if you wanted to use them for +5 damage & water element.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

EclecticTastes posted:

Are you referring to the shrine where you have to descend from a sky island into a rad snowboarding sequence? Because, funny story for that one, I didn't bother whipping out my paraglider, just enjoying how insanely cool the whole thing was, and it turns out shield surfing doesn't protect you from fall damage. Wound up being rad as hell though because I had a fairy on-hand to protect me from gravity's harsh treatment.

Did you see how Yona talks to Link? Big "looking for a third" energy.

Yeah that’s the one. It ruled

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

CainFortea posted:

You can sort that list while it's open. So for example if you sort by attack power that item will get put closer to the front.

it absolutely does not put it closer to the front lol

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
Any tricks/cheats for this last Lynels in the floating coliseum? Or is it just, "don't get hit?". I can break the armor no problem and rodeo a bunch of times, but they gave it just a laughable amount of HP and it's just a slog until I miss up a dodge or parry and then have to start over again.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Augus posted:

it absolutely does not put it closer to the front lol

I just checked and it's a bit past halfway when sorted by attack power. Unless you're talking about a different item that isn't fish king's scale Which is definitely closer than the very last item in the list.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

PageMaster posted:

Any tricks/cheats for this last Lynels in the floating coliseum? Or is it just, "don't get hit?". I can break the armor no problem and rodeo a bunch of times, but they gave it just a laughable amount of HP and it's just a slog until I miss up a dodge or parry and then have to start over again.

If you have an ancient dagger you can attach it to an arrow or weapon to oneshot it (which doesn't give drops, but still counts for the coliseum).

If not, keese eye arrows are pretty good at hitting the weak point for a stun.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

PageMaster posted:

Cook a shitload of sundelion/sundelion/sundelion/meat/salt meals, it'll give you 9 hearts back from gloom damage, 11 if it's a crit cook.

I find it easiest to block or parry the weapon attacks, but dodge everything else for flurry rushes whenever the game will actually give them to me.

If one of the spear or greatsword guys starts doing the downward stab move, I haven't found a good tell for when it does or doesn't explode in a huge sphere so just back the hell up.

Allegedly if you mount them and then fire a multishot bow with Muddle bud arrows in the back of their head, it's a stunlock loop, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet/it mightve been patched if it's old news

The more sages the better.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I can't wait to get enough battery power and rockets to implement the Korok space program.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

oh thank god mods ftw

Streamlined Repetitive Events
https://gamebanana.com/mods/446768

quote:

Each module can be installed separately, or you can just install the All-In-One package to get all effects.

Lightroots: (Update 1.6).
-Get a bright flash and it's done.

Home Stable: (Update 1.6)
-Horse selection menu pops up right away when one is not present.
-Taking the horse back out is a single button press now.

Cooking:
-Practically instantaneous.
-Link’s arms drop like normal now after a cook.

Great Fairies:
-All upgrade tier animations are now auto-skipped.
-Significant trimming of filler dialogue.

Hestu:
-Dance is now auto-skipped.

Statues: (For Heart/Stamina/Sage Upgrades)
-The camera no longer slowly focuses on the statue when activating, instead it just freezes in place.
-After selecting an upgrade, the heart/stamina items still drop down but without the slow cinematic view.

Shrines:
-The initial opening/activation of shrines is now practically instant and you can walk in almost immediately.
-The short walk forward when entering a shrine is auto-skipped.
-When activating the switch at the end, you receive the Light Of Blessing immediately. After accepting, there is a smooth fade-out to the loading screen.

Koroks:
-After solving their puzzle they will appear and immediately give you a Korok Seed. Dialogue has been completely cut.
-The lost Koroks do their one-line Introduction, then point you to the smoke signal at the target location. When reunited, you receive their seeds and the fade-out/in occurs.

Bloodmoon:
-After you’ve seen your first Bloodmoon, every one that follows will only blank the screen for a moment. It feels more like a hiccup than an interruption.

Gotta test this out

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Barreft posted:

oh thank god mods ftw

Gotta test this out

oh this is dank

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7239223074074152235

Homing two stage missiles

Turret head only activates second rocket when it sees something

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jun 1, 2023

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7237823925269433627

Too bad spiky iron ball weighs down the boomerang because otherwise it would’ve been a good mjolnir

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009

bawk posted:

Cook a shitload of sundelion/sundelion/sundelion/meat/salt meals, it'll give you 9 hearts back from gloom damage, 11 if it's a crit cook.

I find it easiest to block or parry the weapon attacks, but dodge everything else for flurry rushes whenever the game will actually give them to me.

If one of the spear or greatsword guys starts doing the downward stab move, I haven't found a good tell for when it does or doesn't explode in a huge sphere so just back the hell up.

Allegedly if you mount them and then fire a multishot bow with Muddle bud arrows in the back of their head, it's a stunlock loop, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet/it mightve been patched if it's old news

The more sages the better.

Thanks! This was it, just needed 4 of those meals on hand, though RIP mybiggoron sword and coldgera claw because I got impatient and it was still taking forever so I risked a spinning attack to take off a chunk of health in the beginning.

My strategy was to parry their attacks, then shoot them in the face when stunned, then rodeo, but I was a dummy and forgot about restoring the lost hearts.

PageMaster fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jun 2, 2023

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

https://twitter.com/mecataylor/status/1664407441843576833?s=46&t=WLc0GyyG56Ptvk5fGt4GyA

My friend incorporated bones.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Barreft posted:

oh thank god mods ftw

Gotta test this out

This sounds joyless.

Grayshift
May 31, 2013

PageMaster posted:

Build yourself a weapon exclusively for killing lynels:

Root around Hyrule castle for a Royal Guard's Claymore (RG weapons have the 'Breaking Point' special effect, x2 damage when in red almost-broken state)
Break it immediately to trigger pristine versions spawning in the depths, go get one of those (underneath Gerudo highlands)
Optional: Feed it to a rocktorok until it has a decent +damage bonus
Fuse a Modulga Jaw to it (+32), wear either the Radiant set bonus or Evil Spirit set bonus to double the damage yet again (Modulga Jaws are bone, and won't break unlike Gibdo bones)
Ground slam it until it turns red (activates the x2 from 'Breaking Point'), ground slam twice more to activate the extra x2 from last-hit status
Attack Up 3 food (x1.5)

The trick here is that weapons don't lose durability when bashing lynels in the back of the head, so you get that juicy x12 multiplier for every hit. Just don't use it for anything else, it will break in one swing. Kills lynels in a single mount. Note: You either get 3 or 6 swings in a mount, or until the lynel is dead. It's very easy to ground slam when getting ejected so go slow and gauge whether your next hit will kill the beast. (And, probably carry an extra if doing the lynel coliseum.)

So: Shoot a lynel in the face however you please, switch to boner armor, mount up and take a few swings.

That just leaves breaking the rock armor on those bastards. bomb arrows I guess

Grayshift fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jun 10, 2023

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

PageMaster posted:

If you run up to a Lynel as soon as you see it and position yourself by it's back legs, you can lock on and basically attack with impunity of you just so a long two-hand sword swing charge. You'll also stagger him if you wanna hop on and take advantage of nearly-broken weapons getting extra damage on every hit, but not breaking if you use them during the mount attack phase. But the charge swing can mulch through any Lynel by itself and can even block his big spin attacks. For armoured ones you'll want to make sure the 2 hander is some kind of rock breaker type, else bomb off the armour first with arrows.

Spin to win is how I did that gauntlet twice, there are either tricks and some crazy weapon damage stacking options too for cheesing it but spinning feels like the most natural and reliably easy for me.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Barreft posted:

Hestu:
-Dance is now auto-skipped.

Mods are supposed to make a game better. :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The wind temple was amazing and the boss fight rules and I would die for Tulin