Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Stanley Pain posted:

so I have 5000 of those things that lets you buy a tank, which one should I get?

5000 is for one piece of bond equipment, the tier 8 premiums start at 8000.
What is your playstyle then?
There's the T-103 mobile home equipped with a 130mm boomstick. Easy to play and rack up damage with. Surprisingly effective turret armor in the front. Somewhere between a TD and a hulldown heavy.
Lorraine 40t if you have massive autoloader chops and are a good player already. Maximum difficulty if your aim is more than ~1000 damage per game, but hey free autoloader that has great penetration with the standard AP shells.
T-34-3 for an allrounder medium, doesn't see tier x games, big alpha shotgun.
STG Guard is an accurate, high alpha medium that plays like a poor man's Skorpion G. What it has is great camo so stay at medium-long ranges. Hide, ambush, take a potshot and run for cover. Repeat. For advanced player only.

All bond store heavies are severely flawed, the lights are uncompetitive, and the 240 damage mediums a joke in 2023.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 15:07 on May 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sayara
May 10, 2009

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

In news that are definitely going to shock everyone, apparently the TS-54 is either the best or one of the best T8 heavies.

Did it get buffed? It looked like garbage when it was in test server.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Sayara posted:

Did it get buffed? It looked like garbage when it was in test server.

I have no idea, QB just seems very big on it.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I have no idea, QB just seems very big on it.

QB is big on anything that keeps him funded. Seeing as his full time job is to get people to spend money and time on WoT I'd wait for someone else's review.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

BIG HEADLINE posted:

QB is big on anything that keeps him funded. Seeing as his full time job is to get people to spend money and time on WoT I'd wait for someone else's review.

Nah, he's been one of the bigger critical voices for a while now. There's a lot QB can be fairly called out on, especially the streamer part of his content, but he's not a WG boot licker.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

he's not a WG boot licker.

:smugjones:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

sauer kraut posted:

5000 is for one piece of bond equipment, the tier 8 premiums start at 8000.
What is your playstyle then?
There's the T-103 mobile home equipped with a 130mm boomstick. Easy to play and rack up damage with. Surprisingly effective turret armor in the front. Somewhere between a TD and a hulldown heavy.
Lorraine 40t if you have massive autoloader chops and are a good player already. Maximum difficulty if your aim is more than ~1000 damage per game, but hey free autoloader that has great penetration with the standard AP shells.
T-34-3 for an allrounder medium, doesn't see tier x games, big alpha shotgun.
STG Guard is an accurate, high alpha medium that plays like a poor man's Skorpion G. What it has is great camo so stay at medium-long ranges. Hide, ambush, take a potshot and run for cover. Repeat. For advanced player only.

All bond store heavies are severely flawed, the lights are uncompetitive, and the 240 damage mediums a joke in 2023.

I have 15000 bonds. But this was some other kind of currency that I can't find now. the T-103 looks cool though. Maybe that Lorraine.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Stanley Pain posted:

I have 15000 bonds. But this was some other kind of currency that I can't find now. the T-103 looks cool though. Maybe that Lorraine.

Battle pass points? They are for camo styles, very good bia crew and bonds.
The selection of tier 9 tanks are bought with battle pass tokens.
Standard wisdom is to get either the Char Futur 4 if you enjoy French autoloaders; or the AE Phase 1 for a solid hulldown heavy. After that it gets rather niche and personal.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks for the info. I have a lot of tanks to play as is. Might just sit on it.

I could've sworn I had 5k of some other currency. It showed up as a popup and took me to a screen that had some tier X tanks that I had just enough currency to buy one. The bonds tanks are different than what I had seen. Can't figure out how to get back to that screen or if I hosed something up ;S

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Did you play clan wars? That sounds like the end of campaign shop :)

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Hooray more loot boxes!
Including fantastic prizes such as the Chief Proto, KV-5, KV-4 Kotzlowski, Tornvagn, and a new tier 9 bound to measure up to titans the likes of the Chief Proto or the redoubtable 114.

*it's an American GSOR 1008 in tier 9, but much less accurate. Surely the dpm increase to 1800 will make up for that.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 15:40 on May 10, 2023

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

sauer kraut posted:

Hooray more loot boxes!
Including fantastic prizes such as the Chief Proto, KV-5, KV-4 Kotzlowski, Tornvagn, and a new tier 9 bound to measure up to titans the likes of the Chief Proto or the redoubtable 114.

*it's an American GSOR 1008 in tier 9, but much less accurate. Surely the dpm increase to 1800 will make up for that.

In the past, I'd be tempted by the fact that my having most of the list would mean I have a higher chance of getting the new poo poo, but gently caress it.

Honestly, I don't know why no one at WG hasn't had the bright idea to allow you to buy these loot boxes for gold-equivalent to clear it out of the system more efficiently.

Also, just a reminder to the newer players that the IS-2 for sale at the moment is another Berlin Quartet tank that comes with a zero-skill BiA crew.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I haven't been playing for the past few months, but I tried the new game event and it thought it was a nice change of pace and mostly fun for the 30 minutes or so I played. It lacked something though. I hope they bring it back in the future with more development and don't abandon it.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

The salve for my skipping these boxes (other than the lovely 'single reward' per common box thing) is that I have nothing but lovely crews for US TDs and I'd have to burn a ton of universal skill books to change that.

I also only have a 1:5 shot of getting the TL-7. I'd probably get the Astron, T77, Chieftain Proto, or KV-4 instead.

There should be guaranteed credits and those 20k xp boosters in *every box*. I also can't help but think the lack of gold in these boxes is a pilot for them to remove it from the Christmas boxes this next time around.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 16:58 on May 12, 2023

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
This new TD will accept ANY U.S. crew, even filthy arty scum. But you still shouldn't gamble on these trash boxes.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 17:01 on May 12, 2023

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

sauer kraut posted:

This new TD will accept ANY U.S. crew, even filthy arty scum. But you still shouldn't gamble on these trash boxes.

Wait, I thought that was only the TS-54 bound to WoT+?

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
It's possible that I confused the two very recently released US premium tanks :shobon:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

WG could generate *so* much very needed goodwill by making all premiums behave like the TS-54...

...but they won't. If anything, I'd expect it to become another "perk" of WoT+ in a few months' time.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I already have all of the other tanks, so I bought 15 boxes to try for the TL-7. Got it in 14. :getin:

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Since the whole free demounting of bond equipment thing is gone from WoT+, letting you dump any same-nation crew into any same-nation premium would be a legitimately great addition to the package and would make me seriously consider picking it up as my only ongoing-purchase element in WoT since I've still got many hundreds of days of premium time ticking away from holiday boxes.

That's assuming they wouldn't fold it into existing premiums for "free" because of course they wouldn't. WT eating a giant pile of poo poo recently isn't going to do WoT players any favors either - we need more competition in the space, not less.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Discord Nitro is a better use of $10.

Also, the Ho-Ni III was awful. Ji-Ro isnt so bad with the stock gun, almost half way to the top gun, could just be glad I'm working with a much wider gun angle tho.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

MariusLecter posted:

Discord Nitro is a better use of $10.

Also, the Ho-Ni III was awful. Ji-Ro isnt so bad with the stock gun, almost half way to the top gun, could just be glad I'm working with a much wider gun angle tho.

The T9 and T10 look like a blast. The rest of the line looks like :chloe:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Mesadoram posted:

The T9 and T10 look like a blast. The rest of the line looks like :chloe:

Yeah it's dire.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Sweet, Frontline went back to tier 8 only.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

Sweet, Frontline went back to tier 8 only.

Awesome, my 2nd reason to play tanks is back!

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Yeah, except there is a problem with the new Frontline map:

quote:

Please do not use the Respawn Point at Zone D: If the attacking team captures zone E while zone A is not captured, they will have a usable respawn point appear in zone D (which is prohibited from entering by the attacking team). There's no way to get out of the zone.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

:smith:

Edit: Hopped on and played a few games yesterday. The OI will continue to be one of my favorite "I just want to have some fun" tanks.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jun 4, 2023

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

McGavin posted:

............ small indie dev

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

The new FL map does seem legitimately cool overall, though I've only gotten 2 matches on it so far. My only real complaint would be that it feels like the objectives are too easy to get to/not as well covered as previous FL maps.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Steel Hunter sucks now. You don't lose your levels when you respawn, so there's no incentive to pick your battles and everyone YOLOs even harder.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007
So I just moved back to Canada and want to suffer again with goons on the NA server. Do we still have some kind of voice chat server (teamspeak, etc.)?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Strange tank but oddly fun so far.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Mr.48 posted:

So I just moved back to Canada and want to suffer again with goons on the NA server. Do we still have some kind of voice chat server (teamspeak, etc.)?

Here's a link to the Discord.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

Muchos gracias! Waiting for Authentication.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Welp, Ranked is never coming back. Thank god.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Decided to hop in and play a game today. It was a good one considering I was bottom tier :unsmith:. The little maneuver the Skorp and I do at the end got a laugh out of me.

Replay: http://wotreplays.eu/site/6574698#siegfried_line-mesadoram-chi-to_sp

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F61gjZ_q80

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

McGavin posted:

Welp, Ranked is never coming back. Thank god.

Yeah, onslaught isn't amazing, but it's a loving mile better than ranked was. Now they just need to not completely botch the landing by making the previous ranked shop realistically accessible through onslaught, instead of something idiotic like "you need 500 wins and to finish in the top league to get access to the shop".

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Give this tank a try, it is seriously a blast (please ignore the fact that I was only shooting gold).

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Sorry for the double post, but I had a really fun game in the T-54. I was lucky to have some teammates that supported me and that had the presence of mind to not rush the forest. Missed a few easy shots (I am a bit rusty) and hesitated a few times, but otherwise a fun and aggressive game.

Replay: http://wotreplays.eu/site/6577624

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAS3lapjB6c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I guess they're bringing World of Tanks: Modern Tanks to PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0vtI3edqcU

That 20 second video doesn't show a lot but what it does show looks exactly like the console Modern Tanks game that basically starts with Cold War tanks and ends with an Abrams and T-90.