Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Kestral posted:

Thank you! Do we have any idea why it broke?

Considering Alternate Twitch Player also broke, I think they changed something on the backend. I think it has something to do with authentication?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Kestral posted:

Thank you! Do we have any idea why it broke?
Twitch added some "integrity check" thing. It broke, as I understand it, every single third party program that tried to interact with Twitch's API. The Client ID posted above is actually the Client ID for the Switch, from what I hear.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lol just tuned in to sent flopping around on the couch. i don't want the context

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

site posted:

lol just tuned in to sent flopping around on the couch. i don't want the context

The Ancestor corrupted him.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

KennyMan666 posted:

There is now a for now working workaround for making Streamlink work again. In Streamlink Twitch GUI, you first go to Settings, Main, and check "Enable advanced settings and features". Then you go to Streaming, and put:
code:
--twitch-api-header Client-ID=ue6666qo983tsx6so1t0vnawi233wa
in the "Custom parameters" box. It is not the "Custom parameters" box in the Player tab in settings.

And if you're doing commandline, you can obviously just add the thing when you run it.

Will add this information to the OP.

And a near flawless 720p60 stream returns to me.

Seriously Twitch's site sucks rear end. It would barely give me 720p30 at times.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

KennyMan666 posted:

There is now a for now working workaround for making Streamlink work again. In Streamlink Twitch GUI, you first go to Settings, Main, and check "Enable advanced settings and features". Then you go to Streaming, and put:
code:
--twitch-api-header Client-ID=ue6666qo983tsx6so1t0vnawi233wa
in the "Custom parameters" box. It is not the "Custom parameters" box in the Player tab in settings.

And if you're doing commandline, you can obviously just add the thing when you run it.

Will add this information to the OP.
loving hell, thank you so much for this!

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Anyway 2p1c runs are always cool and this MM6 run is no exception

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
This run has powerful old married couple energy.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Hunt11 posted:

This run has powerful old married couple energy.

"Divorce? We just played the Newlywed Game."

"A lot can happen in 2 hours."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
That was great

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Fun run, great energy.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
That was a really good watch. Very good execution considering the ridiculous nature of the thing, great energy from the players and commentators.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Ravus posted:

I would have thought that would be production, rather than the runner. He could just... turn them off.

Steam stores this setting for you account locally on the computer so every single runner has to do it after the sign in and not everyone knows this so they might just assume they were off.

Wondering if you could configure a pi-hole that lets steam download games but not connect to friends network.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Oh god. Kazzoo time

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
These are the most threatening kazoos I've ever heard.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

I'm sure the speedrun purists are upset, but I love all the dumb out of run gimmicks this year. The kazoo stuff for Twilight Princess is fun.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Chainclaw posted:

I'm sure the speedrun purists are upset, but I love all the dumb out of run gimmicks this year. The kazoo stuff for Twilight Princess is fun.

i think the grumpy 'gdq should be about the games, maaaaaaaan' assholes have hosed off and have not watched for years

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Chainclaw posted:

As someone who doesn't really enjoy the Zelda series*, it takes a good runner/couch to get me to watch a three-hour Zelda run.

This is a good runner/couch.

* Sorry! I've tried most of them, and none have really grabbed me beyond A Link to the Past.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i think the grumpy 'gdq should be about the games, maaaaaaaan' assholes have hosed off and have not watched for years

Yeah. The people who got legit mad when 'save the animals' won are gone and I"m loving glad. What chodes.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Agent355 posted:

Yeah. The people who got legit mad when 'save the animals' won are gone and I"m loving glad. What chodes.

there is (was?) a subreddit dedicated to complaining about gdq and it was just full of the most pathetic whiners, and of course also filled with huge bigots who were big mad about gdq saying trans rights. what chodes indeed.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Agent355 posted:

People actually got mad about a silly joke to encourage donations in a charity program?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Yeah, there were people who were like speedrun purists or w/e who thought the only point was to be as fast as possible and that the marathon was a celebration of their skills or w/e.

Having fun was less important than frames.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Dr Pepper posted:

People actually got mad about a silly joke to encourage donations in a charity program?

dude, someone had a meltdown and was banned on this very forum during twitch plays pokemon's original red run because he was mad that progress was not being made. video games are serious fuckin business.

e: now i really wanna find that thread because that dude was absolutely hilarious

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jun 2, 2023

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

there is (was?) a subreddit dedicated to complaining about gdq and it was just full of the most pathetic whiners, and of course also filled with huge bigots who were big mad about gdq saying trans rights. what chodes indeed.

EZescape (god rest his soul) also hated the GDQs because he didn't like where the money was going.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Hate is a strong word but I"m not gonna lie, if they picked a charity other than PCF I'd be much happier. MSF owns though.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Mooseontheloose posted:

EZescape (god rest his soul) also hated the GDQs because he didn't like where the money was going.

i think you're conflating apollo legend and ezscape, as ezscape is still alive

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
What is the issue with PCF?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Mooseontheloose posted:

the next AGDQ to be held in the basement of mike uyama's gold-plated yacht

Hunt11 posted:

i would assume something involving the backend - the amount of money going towards the stated goal can vary depending on how the org is set up - but i dunno how the gently caress you could be mad about money going to MSF, unless there's some financial scandal i missed with them over the past decade

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Hunt11 posted:

They don't spend money on research or anything, or treatment. It's all 'raising awareness' sort of stuff afaik.

WHich isn't like, bad or anything. But it's 'fighting cancer' in the same way those pink ribbons are. Saying 'be aware that cancer exists and you should check your balls sometimes' is a good thing, but if I'm giving a charity 2 million dollars annually I'd be happier if it went somewhere else.

There are just better ways to turn money into action than PCF.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
That cutscene link wolf was quite something.

Edit: Ah.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Hunt11 posted:

i think they have relatively high overhead or some poo poo, and at least early on in gdqs they were not very transparent in what pcf actually does

that said i don't have a problem with pcf at all, there are other charities i'd prefer over them but they are Fine

Agent355 posted:

They don't spend money on research or anything, or treatment. It's all 'raising awareness' sort of stuff afaik.

i think pcf actually does spend money on research, in no small part due to how much agdq brings in

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i feel like i'm the only person on the planet who actually liked the blown out color scheme of twipri. it's just got this weird rear end otherworldly vibe to it that none of the other zelda games quite nail

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i think you're conflating apollo legend and ezscape, as ezscape is still alive

OH right, sorry. They used to pop in my youtube feed together.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Mooseontheloose posted:

OH right, sorry. They used to pop in my youtube feed together.

well ezscape sucks for a host of reasons, some of which overlapped with apollo legend (including being a defender of apollo before apollo lashed out at him) so it's not difficult to get the two confused

ezscape last time i checked still belonged to the 'mad about/make fun of gdq' crowd and spent his time making cringe compilations, which is like a giant shining neon light proclaiming 'I SUCK poo poo'

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
This Twilight Princess run is baller. Yet another one to add to the list.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
Yeah, I feel like the big tricks have all been going really well, and the couch's energy and explanations are great.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i feel like 125k for titanfall 2, of all games, is a weird bonus incentive. wasn't titanfall 2 sort of a flop?

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i feel like 125k for titanfall 2, of all games, is a weird bonus incentive. wasn't titanfall 2 sort of a flop?

If it was, that’s a shame, because it’s very good and I imagine it lends itself to some wild speed tech.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

It was critically praised but I don't think it did very well commercially, which is a huge shame. It's a fantastic game and a cool speedrun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Agent355 posted:

It was critically praised but I don't think it did very well commercially, which is a huge shame. It's a fantastic game and a cool speedrun.

yeah i know nothing about it as a speedgame, it's just not a game i ever hear anyone talk about so it being a bonus incentive with that high an amount seems off. 125k for a thursday night bonus game is like, metroid or some poo poo. hope they still make it, as of right now they need a bit less than 1k a minute tho